/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

>Mods, modding GUIDES, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact" button at the top right of the site!

>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/wt4tJyKW
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/BZsXJB9T

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qpcMLAOafkk
youtube.com/watch?v=GxlPYspn1B8
youtube.com/watch?v=oVAdL15k_lw
youtube.com/watch?v=6v6po11RUaM
youtube.com/watch?v=vgxSgSR3Mf4
imgur.com/a/HikVF
imgur.com/a/tCYDU
youtube.com/watch?v=G7wnFcHex7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=htH2naY3-DM
youtube.com/watch?v=YCEyNk97UIk
youtube.com/watch?v=fFWYTGtRmEE
mega.nz/#!BaBSAaQZ!u3qoD3VClc2wz5wAP-o9c1CHCa01138WwQ2VRKkQtXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=tnU7zf9YVoA
youtube.com/watch?v=dfZFsmPTYJQ
mega.nz/#!MSQkxABJ!3BDYnemK-IpITPr4RX2n5O5O6jVsNaSCNIU4nE2DpPY
youtube.com/watch?v=xhJGknUVqjg
youtu.be/XbxZargtXug
mega.nz/#F!gi5iEaaB!_t3oMXo7IqfNMHipLrh0fw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WIP suggestions for the Skyrim section of tesgeneral, take with a grain of salt:

Remove Summermyst and replace it with World's Dawn. WD is compatible with Wintermyst and has a higher total enchantment count than just Summermyst alone which is incompatible with the rest.

Remove Attack Commitment, Mortal Enemies is already there and is superior.

Remove Unlocked Grip, it's buggy as fuck (unfortunately).

Replace all misc crossbow mods with Legendary Skyrim Crossbows, which includes them and is superior.

Remove High Level Enemies, since Skyrim Immersive Creatures comes with HLE built into it now. Also add in SIC while at it since I don't see it anywhere.

Remove OBIS, it's buggy and bloaty as fuck.

Remove Amazing Follower Tweaks, EFF is already on there and is superior.

Replace Immersive Horses with Convenient Horses, also recommend Aeonbarr for a neat unique horse.

Add in a recommendation for Opening Scene Overhaul for those who prefer not to use alternate starts.

1/2

Waifus
Lore
Harmony

What do you call this building? Is it a wall or a fortification or what.

Remove Guard Dialogue Overhaul, Relationship Dialogue Overhaul does the same and isn't buggy.

Also remove all those tiny little sound mods like Clanking Armor/Smooth Sheathe, etc, since Audio Overhaul for Skyrim 2 has those options built into it AND is completely compatible with Immersive Sounds Compendium. Remove Sounds of Skyrim while at it, it's a pile of shit.

Remove Wet & Cold or at least add a footnote saying that it's a mega performance killer and that it should only be used on light setups that don't have to worry too much about script load.

Recommend Protect Your People as a less laggy+superior alternative to Run for Your Lives/When Vampires Attack.

Remove Realistic Needs & Diseases, iNeed is already on there and is superior.

Remove Winter Is Coming+Cloaks of Skyrim+Bandoliers or add a note saying that their items are included within CCOR.

Remove Living Takes Time and replace it with SkySouls, which is superior.

Remove Book Covers Skyrim+BCS Lost Legacy, or add a note saying they're included within Legacy of the Dragonborn.

Add in Draw - a dueling mod as an immersive way to kill essential NPCs for roleplaying purposes.

Add the Paarthurnax Ultimatum as an expansion to the Paarthurnax Dilemma.

Add in Immersive Patrols if it's not there already.

Remove Multiple Adoptions/My Home is Your Home, since EFF already has those features included.

Make a note saying that Moonpath to Elsweyr is included within LOTD for those that use it too.

Replace Bellyaches Dragon Retextures with Splendor Dragon Variants.

Add in Veydosebrom as an superior alternative to Verdant. Add in Enhanced Vanilla Trees too.

Remove Relighting Skyrim since ELFX is superior.

Replace Enchantment Effect Replacer with Enchanted Arsenal, which is superior.

Replace Real Roads for Skyrim with Blended Roads, which is superior.

Make a note that most of the misc Armor mods are already included within Immersive Armors.

Replace Less Sexy Armor with Practical Female Armor.

It's a gate.

SIC will never be added cause Maze hates and doesn't trust the mod at all.

A lot of mods are in-place as alternatives to other mods and won't be removed. Whether it be for personal choice or for performance reasons.

Looks like a toaster screenshot to me. :^)

Honestly my main gripe with the OP site is that there's no DLC-like mods section. Legacy of the Dragonborn adds so much content and incorporates so many mods into it, and yet the link for it on the site has a tiny icon next to a bunch of misc filler mods. Good suggestions though.

Hey lads. I remember seeing some guy's character here a few months ago. She was a qt and she had some kind of affliction over part of her face, around her eye/cheek area.

I was wondering if anybody had any idea what I'm talking about, and if so, how do I get the same face thing?

It kinda looked like a mix between a burn and a rash or something.

Yes sir I'm running skyrim on a laptop from 2010.

Someone link me the vore mod please.

>Maze hates and doesn't trust the mod at all.
hat makes no sense, I and many others have used it for years and it's totally fine

>A lot of mods are in-place as alternatives to other mods and won't be removed. Whether it be for personal choice or for performance reasons.
you should probably make notes explaining that then.I see confused people posting here all the time asking if one mod is better than the other and so on and nobody ever has answers.

And the other points still stand. By "superior" i mean that they aren't just better than the other mod in a few ways, i mean in every possible way they are better, in features and performance. there is no reason to continue using the inferior ones.

whatcha listening to tesg

youtube.com/watch?v=qpcMLAOafkk

>Replace Immersive Horses with Convenient Horses
Why?

>Complains about bloat
>Recommends convenient horses
lol

>Add in Veydosebrom as an superior alternative to Verdant.
Veydosebrom or Verdant?

When is a good time for story time?

Because it's better? More features, good performance, etc.

Veydose is the better one.

>good performance
???
Convenient horses is literally the fastest way to kill a savegame, what the fuck?

youtube.com/watch?v=GxlPYspn1B8

Source: Your ass

>good performance
citation needed, half the point of immersive horses is that convenient horses does not have good performance

Don't know what to tell you dude, it works on my machine.

Fucking /v/ermin.

Great argument lmao, I can't believe you actually posted that unironically

youtube.com/watch?v=oVAdL15k_lw

youtube.com/watch?v=6v6po11RUaM
Any time is good for storytime.
Just kidding that is most certainly not true, but in all seriousness now or sometime soon seems good.

youtube.com/watch?v=vgxSgSR3Mf4

People say the exact same thing about every one of those mods that you listed as being laggy or buggy

I'll just post it before I second guess anything.

Part one for those who missed it: imgur.com/a/HikVF

And of course, part two: imgur.com/a/tCYDU

"... 2.8x spell cost (remember, though, that you are casting two spells at the same time so 2 is the base value, not 1)."
So my spell cost 54 but for the purpose of a dual-cast it's reverted to its original cost?

youtube.com/watch?v=G7wnFcHex7Q

youtube.com/watch?v=htH2naY3-DM

Pretty good

youtube.com/watch?v=YCEyNk97UIk

youtube.com/watch?v=fFWYTGtRmEE

A lot of those seem like great suggestions to me, but some of the mods you recommend to remove or replace are a bit much. High Level Enemies, Immersive Horses, Book Covers and the little sound mods should stay, in case people want another option or don't use the bigger mod you recommend. Maybe Summermyst too, just as another option. The rest seem right though.

What issues have you had with OBIS? I've never actually used it or looked into it so I'm not doubting you, but I've never heard of it being buggy.

I could see the OP site being a tad confusing to newcomers with all of the unlabelled alternatives, and not including mods like SIC kind of goes against wanting to provide plenty of options. If they're not recommended for performance reasons, why not put them in the unreccomended section?

Some mods that he mentioned like Less Sexy Armor and Unlocked Grip really are outdated or have issues too.

It's a pick and choose really, and things like Relighting Skyrim + ELE is labeled as a lighter alternative.

I did remove Unlocked Grip, I didn't even know that was still on the site.

As for SIC, I wish I could add it but Maze doesn't trust it at all. I've asked him a few times if I can add it.

Well I implore Maze to reconsider, it's a great mod.

Does he have any actual evidence of it causing problems, or is it a simple case of "trust me because i said so"

Very good. Things are moving along swimmingly I see.

Reposting for those who missed it and to gather some consensus.

>2018 Beefcake Calendar
mega.nz/#!BaBSAaQZ!u3qoD3VClc2wz5wAP-o9c1CHCa01138WwQ2VRKkQtXQ

So I'm thinking about doing a /comfy/, COMBAT, and Adventure! edition calendar, and to avoid any complaints or hurt feelings I'm going to base it on a first come, first serve basis. It'll save me from having to dig through old threads too.

So I'll post something like
>It's calendar time lads! Post Adventure! Make sure it's in a landscape layout, first 12 responses get included!

What do you guys think?

I'll bring it up to him, again.

A lot of people used to report the mod causing CTDs. He himself had issues with the mod when he did use it.

I myself MAY have an occasional CTD due to the mod. As in a CTD walking to a certain area, but if I wait an hour in game the CTD is gone. Probably a bad spawn, but I got a few mods that add new spawns so I can't say its SIC, just like I can't say its from Immersive Patrols.

I can't extract the archive.

Absolutely disgusting.
Husbandos were a mistake.

Send this as an e-mail to Maze through the site itself so he can actually see it.

Thanks for these, had some shit in my load order that now got replaced/disabled

I'll take some of your suggestions for consideration.

Thanks Heiko for telling me about these posts

Gay.

>3 Snakestone
>2 Heiko
>2 of the creator
>The rest are the typical regulars
Can anyone smell circlejerk?

A rampart.

You don't have to start posting with a name my dude

You posted almost this exact thing last thread.

Yeah, how dare they not include all those other husbandos that surely exist.

Oh wait.

>install climates of tamriel
>uninstall it everything seems fine
>bugs out randomly
What weather mods can I use to band-aid this

>Look at the community site
>See a vast amount of husbandos
Your point?

How many of them are active?

go bak to save before you installed it, CoT bakes changes into your savegame

Could always make your own, user. Variety is good and it's not exactly hard to pin a screenshot over a calendar-month.

Almost positive it's niko, always bitter that he's never included in anything. He acts like this and wonders why no one wants to acknowledge him as anything but a raving autist.

Almost positive it's clones, always bitter that he's never included in anything. He acts like this and wonders why no one wants to acknowledge him as anything but a raving autist.

Huh, that's wierd.
Kek
That was the point of it, yes.
You don't have to keep posting this, we discussed it at length last night. Matter of fact, the second part of my post addresses this, but I'm guessing you didn't even bother to read what I wrote.
Ah, well my bad.

No one has answered the question about the way I plan to do new ones though, so that would be awesome if anyone would care to make some input. If there's a better way or something let me know.

Huh. I was just shitposting but it seems I was actually right.

>care to make some input
Jesus, I should stop posting.

Care to make some suggestions or have any input. There, actual English.

OBIS is bad? I have it installed but I havent played a game with it yet. should I get rid of it if I won't know what I'm missing? any alternatives?

Waifus calendar when?
We need humans and mer ones.

It is weird. It's the only rar that is giving me issue.

>Remove Relighting Skyrim since ELFX is superior.

Questionable, I've found ELFX to be buggy because of the way it handles meshes, plus ELFX and RS+ELE are two completely different beasts, they produce very different results.

>Remove Guard Dialogue Overhaul, Relationship Dialogue Overhaul does the same and isn't buggy.

What bugs does GDO has? Im currently using it and now you got me all concerned.

Which waifu has the most autistic butt?

Triss
We never even get to see it thanks to its crippling social anxiety

She has a follower. You can see it all you want.

What the hell is an autistic butt

That's not the same and you know it

It's a butt that smells alot like spaghetti and crayola crayons.

>tfw want to do a storytime but it involves characters I haven't made followers for and I need to update my other followers so that they look consistent

youtube.com/watch?v=tnU7zf9YVoA

and that's a good thing

and peanut butter

youtube.com/watch?v=dfZFsmPTYJQ

And goat.

Not Crayola model magic?

Shoulda gone with chunky.

>Shoulda gone with chunky.
Thats not Maxeen tho

I don't know if I'll do a waifu-only calendar, maybe if it stick with cheesy themes that only certain characters will fit. It'd also require a lot of cooperation and I don't know if many people would care to work on it.
>JUGS of mead
Big tittied waifus posing with some of Skyrim's and Solthstiem's most famous brews, like a cheesy ad calendar
>Sweatin' with /tesg/
Workout themed calendar with super fit waifus
Etc.
Curioser and curioser. Here it is in .zip format

mega.nz/#!MSQkxABJ!3BDYnemK-IpITPr4RX2n5O5O6jVsNaSCNIU4nE2DpPY

is inigo worth it for a full game?
should i just only travel with him for his quest stuff or is there more than just one line quips for having him as a full follower?

Blessings to you and your husbandos.

he's a reddit follower and a khajiit at that, stay away

That's what I've been going on about mongoloid. I reconfigured two handed animations to play when attacking with one handed weapons. Meaning an unlocked grip two handed sword, gripped in "one handed" mode is held like a two hander and attacks like a two handed. Do you have any idea how long that took?

Sadly.

>posted while I was out shopping
dammit
Suu's still creepily cute as always though, and Suzette- she really needs to be left to her own devices.
No witch should stand for distraction with limited time such as her life.
Thanks for sharing that.
youtube.com/watch?v=xhJGknUVqjg

yes, he is a cool cat and has a lot of dialogue for several quests and dungeons, even some Easter eggs

>needs to be left to her own devices
Gotta run through that bucket list before she goes to that big library in the void.

youtu.be/XbxZargtXug

Woah now. Relighting Skyrim is there for those of us who don't want all that superfluous bullshit, and is the most superior lighting option (when paired with ELE). ELFX is dead fucking last as far as lighting mods go, since RLO beats the shit out of it.

I CAN'T HIDE MY SHAME ANY MORE.

I NEED RECORDER LEWDS BUT CAN'T FIND THEM

lol

Well don't worry, RS + ELE won't be removed from the site. Since it's an alternative to ELFX.

What are some good winter/holiday-themed mods?

I wouldnt go that far, RLO is the worst I think, because they tried to turn Skyrim lightining into Morrowind lightning. Seems like thaty didnt realize that graphics are NOT the reason many people like Morrowind.
ELFX on the other hand is too... artificial. Most light sources dont actually emit light. Stand next to a bunch of candles and nothing will happen because the mod is not designed around light sources but rather its an attempt to get rig of the black mesh bug. There are barely any dinamyc shadows at all. hell, most of the time you wont see your own character shadow even if you dance around a fireplace.
I like Relightning Skyrim best but ELE not so much., so I paired it with the ELFX enhancer which is just imagespaces and lightning color and Im happy with the result.

Ded?

Don't be.

some recent nini patreon stuff
mega.nz/#F!gi5iEaaB!_t3oMXo7IqfNMHipLrh0fw

Do you happen to have a link to his previous releases too?