NEET from /a/ reporting...

NEET from /a/ reporting, I accidentally clicked on Veeky Forums and now have a fleeting desire of taking a half-step up from being sub-human.

Seems to be a lot of cryptocurrency shilling going on, but more than than promises of quick money, I'd like to learn what you feel is important: books, suicide, some kind of direction to inform future decisions.

I graduated with a meme degree in writing and do write, but I don't plan on hoping for success or believing in talent I probably don't have. Just writing to write. Currently looking at the work from home general.

Other urls found in this thread:

rev.com/freelancers/transcription
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Put all your money into crypto right now you weeb faggot

You can watch chinese cartoons in your penthouse in a few months

>wageslave debtcuck comes to Veeky Forums to say you're all getting rich too quick to make me feel okay with being a wageslave

could just buy some bitbean instead of studying memes, user

Remember to filter/ignore all bitbeaners.

beanfags gfto my board

Normally, I don't reply to these. But I have unending sympathy for fellow /a/nons. So ask away.

In regards to your question, in my view its a matter of knowing who you are and what do you want. The worst thing that can happen to you is that you have no idea who you are or what you want to be. Just look at the current generation: raised being told to go to "good" college, get a "good" degree, then get a "good" job ("good" being a reputable college, a marketable degree, and white collar job, respectively). Rarely are they encouraged to seriously consider what it is they want to be, what do they want to do in life, and so forth. So they end freaking out by mid sophomore year, choose a liberal arts degree, and graduate college with not that much direction in life and unsure who they are and what they want to do. A good number think they should pursue money. Which makes sense, since people readily equate that with progress in society and advancement. Unfortunately, money is just a means. People forget that.

Question for you: what do you write about? Fiction, analysis (political, economic, financial), technical?

filtering the b_an

heresy

>wageslave
He said he was a NEET, are you illiterate?

>posting the commie nigger
You're making me want to sell my beans.

I write fiction. Normal, kind of depressing things. Current prospects include partnering up with a friend who makes a decent living off of freelance art to make a comic. The conversation wasn't a big "let's do it!" kind of thing though, but that I should write and maybe it'll get drawn. Sometimes I write pseudo-autismal guides on min-maxing in games.

Most of all I look for freedom. If I were lucky and/or good at writing, I'd like to make niche everyman stories if not something more fantasy-esque. The medium is not so important to me, but games, books, and comics would be nicer because I'm a turbo nerd with artists and programmer friends.

I'm not in a position to just start making things happening with their solid consent, however. Everyone is trying to make a living first.

>Hey guys I'm new!

You're literally a sheep walking into the wolf's den.

Been here long enough to know what I'm getting into. Could be worth, maybe.

Fiction is a bit of a tricky game, especially in the era of self-publication (via Amazon) and Patreon. People can afford to choose now, and they want good shit. So if you want to produce something, ideas alone aren't good. I'd urge a reviewed outline, a manuscript, etc. In other words, have things thought out, edited, and tested. Consider submissions to a magazine or such, perhaps. Start low though.

I sympathize with the freedom but. I too write for a living, though more on analysis. Just interviewed two days ago for a firm that does remote work, so I would be able to write from anywhere. Downside would be regular trips to the firm's main operating area in Texas and having to stay in constant communication with work colleagues. A small price to pay, relatively.

However, this kind of freedom we seek only comes after hard work. I had to toil for 2 years as a writer and associate editor at a publication, in addition to stuff I wrote in my free time, before applying to the thing I just applied to. And I had to network (which we all know is rich person code for nepotism) a lot; if I get this gig, its because the editor-in-chief of the publication I work for wrote to the wife of the founder of the firm I applied to (they're friends). Shameless, I know, but that is how the game works. Writing fiction will probably require similar politiking.

...or you could join in on the local crypto bonanza, though I'd be wary.

Thank you. I'll take those steps.

Quit watching anime for starters. You will never make it if you are a weeb

Fucking this. Do it or stay poor OP.

fellow /a/ NEET here, approaching wizarddom

I've found that no matter what happens, people want to say they are satisfied. Living up to your expectations and trying things is always rewarding, doesn't matter what it is or what you do. I wrote some webnovels on royalroad legends, some people on there actually managed to parlay that into a serious writing career pandering to niche scifi/weeb/videogame fictions.
After reading about the marketing involved, I gave up. The bad thing about writing is that you have to be a good marketer these days to make money, and it's not an easy business to take. I even got a typed rejection from asimov, which means that I'm almost pro according to Brandon Sanderson's writing course on youtube. I suggest watching that for fun at least, the 2017 version.

If u get POSW between now and 24 hours from now you will make guaranteed money, thats the only important thing right now.

can anyone recommend some business related anime?

Just started watching, thanks. And if you don't mind, I'd like to read something of yours.

getting wealthy is more about saving than earning.

try your best to maintain your current spending as you rise.

Buy FRN lad, price is still low and when it moons between today and may 7 you will thank me for it.

royalroadl.com/fiction/8693
I need to edit it but I think I got most of the stuff ironed out. I did a lot of other stuff on the site as well trying to find something I 'really like' but I couldn't get to it. My latest attempt was a story 'I made too many loli clones of myself' about a guy who gets exiled from his home dimension for being a lolicon who tried to turn the world into lolis. Uses the concept of molecular machines, I suggest looking that up as well, shit blew my mind. As in, molecular machines actually exist and they've done races with them and some shit and it's far too complex for me to understand but it sounds awesome.

I'm new to stock trading and cryptocurrency
I've set up a coinbase account to buy btc and convert it to other currencies to make profits. Am I starting the right way?

Why not give affiliate marketing a go if you are a decent content writer?

>I graduated with a meme degree in writing and do write
>Just writing to write

hmmmm. maybe you could write vore themed stories.

Yes. That's pretty much what I did a year ago and I've made over $50,000 in profit.

How much did you start with?

I've got about 10k. Do you invest and did you profit primarily short or long-term?

artist here, post some contact cause I want to make comics too
pls respond

Neet that likes to write found the perfect job for you from home.
rev.com/freelancers/transcription