/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Public Beta is LIVE from now until December 12th!, 3 hunts: G. Jagras, Barroth, Anjanath, PS4 only, requires PSN+
↳Paris trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cg7dQvjviW0
youtube.com/watch?v=hYCThkSAEAM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for best monster, kut ku

Lads, I'm really liking the gunlance.

rajang

gunlance is FUN

Element can crit in World by default, without Element Crit.

nth for je suis monte

Please Phil, Xbone demo.

Roommate won't let me play on his PS4 anymore

You've beaten diablos solo, haven't you user?

I want Handler to sit on my face, tbqh.

Well that's overpowered as hell if true
>DS toppest tier again

>tfw the first rathalos you kill gives you a rare commodity in mh3u

Im so glad there is goofy emote spamming.

>HUH! HUH! HUH! HUH! HUH! HUH! HUH! HUH! HUH! HUH! HUH! HUH! HUH! HUH! HUH! HUH! HUH! HUH! HUH! HUH! HUH!

Me too brother, i think i just found my new weaponfu.

Let's hear all the thoughts on World so far? Good, bad, going casual, going in a decent direction? Pros, cons?
0/10 shit game because no Mewostress?
Posted in wrong bread.

s-sure i have

Looks cuter in-game.

Yeah. You've beat Rathalos solo, right?

Why don't you flick her bean in exchange for more playtime on the quad?

With the Bow, what's the best way to deal damage when the monster is down/immobilized?

Evade-->Charge Shot-->Power Shot?
Power Shot-->Arc Shot spam?

The Wyvern arrow seems too slow for the amount of damage it does.

Is there a way to remap controls? It should be square and triangle to attack, circle to evade and X to use items.

New Barney Room
67Fxn8RseKpH

Arc shot it and finish with the wyvern arrow. It seems to do the trick.

Power Shot LVL1 -> R2 (Gives a LVL 2 shot if timed correctly) -> Circle (that shot also has a power up bonus). The Wyvern arrow works well when you can hit the head first and hit through the length of the body.

I TOLD YOU ALL /mhg/
FROM THE TRAILERS IT COULD ALREADY BE SEEN HOW GOOD GL'S NEW MOVESET IS
YET YOU GUYS KEPT TELLING ME "nOOOO GUNLANCE IS BAD IMMA BANLIST U SHELLING IS SHIT"
WHERE ARE YOU GUYS NOW HUH
just had to let that off my chest

If nothing else, you can remap the controls in the PS4 settings under Accessibility.

gunlance is always great in demos and shit in the full game

Both Lance and GL feel fucking great

Quick reloading being so easy gets me going real good this time around.

Never stop shelling.

It's a shame i haven't met a french. I've met nips, maybe some chinks but no frogs. From what i've seen their in-language auto-prompt doesn't translate to english and instead get displayed as basic moonrunes.
I'm still waiting on JE SUIS MONTE MHW edition webm

*windpresses you by the tail*

All concerns have been quelled. Can't wait for Jan 26.

It's a dude, user. Unless I should do that anyway, which I might. Maybe.

I'm so confused fellas.

Only MH game I played was the first one. There's so much shit going on with items and equipment.A brainlet like me can't keep up.

This kinda came close

Why does the Gunlance always attract retards to it? Is it because it's more show than go? More flash than substance?

youtube.com/watch?v=Cg7dQvjviW0

>Watching a streamer and his friend try to take down Diablos because i'm curious what the general reception to the Beta is
>HBG user unloads on Diablos' head
>"OH DUDE THE DAMAGE OMG"
y-yeah...all those 1s are real impressive dude
I guess even damage numbers can't help stupid

>mfw my sword and shield occasionally hits for 2 damage
Told you it was good, haters.

Just ignore basically everything and hit and dodge the monster. The green items are usually to do with health and keeping yourself alive. The whetstone is to sharpen your sword.

Handy J for another 5 hours playtime sounds fair to me.

>I TOLD YOU ALL /mhg/
who are you again?

Urouge. Remember me from 4U? I always used the funlance.

I do not understand the purpose of SnS.

This weapon just seems objectively inferior.

FUCK

Bow feels so good.

I can never go back.

>WAHOOO

God I forget how trivial he is with Gunner gear, why do I make my self suffer by fighting him with SnS

Maybe it's just because it's a beta and we can complain to Capcom and tell them how bad it is HAHAHAHAHHA YEAH RIGHT

youtube.com/watch?v=hYCThkSAEAM

T A C K L E

Well without the choice of appropriate Element or Status Ailment, one of the SnS's greatest strengths is gone, Raw SnS is always crappy compared to everything else.

Depending on the variety of slinger ammo types in the game and how useful/essential they are to hunting certain monsters will also invariably buff it.

It used to be the prime choice for newbs but now it's so bad I wouldn't recommend even pros to use it. CB does everything better.

>Raw SnS
The Beta one is poison. Technically not raw.

It has to make good use of items/slinger and its combo strings are fucking complicated now
Beginner weapon my ass.

>new lance charge
>monsters running away means NOTHING
>3-5 mounts a hunt

RUNNIN IN THE 90'S

>It used to be the prime choice for newbs
STOP SPREADING THIS FUCKING MEME THAT SNS IS A NEWB FRIENDLY WEAPON

feels good.

Did he just KO that Rath with the fucking shoulder

Never played any Monster hunter game before, is it a clunky-feeling game, this upcoming one?

So /mhg/, how is it actually with the blood, is it just turned off or gone for good??

Not at all

Great Hunt, now i can go to sleep, playing with friends was a fucking mess.

How do you shieldless guys avoid the burrow? Just sheathe asap?

your mom feels clunky

it isn't a super fast paced action game but i wouldn't call it clunky. some weapons have a heavy feel but there are fast weapons.

Sheathe and run like fuck, prepare to super-man dive.

Can't play the beta, so I can't learn it myself, but how well does Worlds run on standard PS4?
I'm torn between buying the PS4 version or waiting for the PC one

I just run like hell to the side. if im too close, sometimes its too late.

Just turned off, we've seen blood in japanese demo footage.

I'M SO SORRY FOR EVER DOUBTING YOU, GS

Yeah, but if you're too close when it burrows, you gonna get wind pressed.

Roll/step to the side. Its hitboxes are very forgiving you can even roll through the legs with general ease this time around.

I'm maining hunting horn in the retail version and there is NOTHING you can do to stop me playing smooth jazz all night long. Who else hunting horn master race?

It's off in this demo because its free so that means that little kiddies might get emotionally scarred by pixel blood if they accidently download it.

I was half expecting all the new stuff to be totally worthless and suboptimal to use.

at that point you gotta prediction superman dive

I'm playing on standard PS4. Variable framerate. Sometimes it feels like it goes as high as 60, sometimes with multiple large monsters and particles it feels like it drops below 20 momentarily. It hasn't caused any issues for me in terms of actually playing, but it does feel weird when your framerate suddenly doubles out of nowhere.

It's only off for Western console babies. The PC version and Nippon version have blood because it's meant for adults.

Resolution changes constantly. Never reaches 1080p from what I can tell. Constantly looks like you have vaseline smeared all over your screen. Framerate is okay in smaller areas, but it shits itself when you walk into big areas and when you're fighting big monsters. Framerate when I'm fighting Ajnath or whatever its name is must be around 15-20fps for the most part. There will be random moments where the resolution will lower further in fights and the framerate shoots way up, but then the resolution increases again and the framerate goes back down.

It's not unplayable but it's kinda disappointing.

i usually play everything but horn and glaive desu

Also, it seems they added homing to the burrow. Sometimes it predicts where you're going, like Agnaktor's charge.

If im that close and wasn't already backing off because I didnt notice the tell or something like that, then I hope that wind press cancels my sheathing animation and pray for a super-man dive.

Failing that I face-tank it like a bitch.

That's good to hear, I was looking at the big weapons and character model shown in the first previews and wasn't too excited about it.
How about the character customization? Do I have to play the heavyset looking guy?

Would you guys recommend waiting for the PC version?
Also, did we ever get an estimate on when the PC version's coming out? Would hate to get an Injustice/GTA V episode. If it comes in the first semester of 2018 I'd be happy enough

The hitwait is ridiculous. Unplayable!

Ah yes, little spurts of red color might be psychically scarring for lil' kids, not those giant beasts trying to eat them.

on the pro it looks and runs fucking amazing, heard normal ps4 has some performance issues though.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Great Swiord. The weapon is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of the controller most of the combos will go over a typical player’s head. There’s also GS' simplistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from hit n'run tactics, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the high-level gameplay, to realise that they’re not just mindlessly button mashing - they play something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Great Sword truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Great Sword’s existential tactic “Charge Attack, Sheathe, Repeat,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Dark Souls. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as the average GS player’s genius wit unfolds itself on their stream. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Great Sword tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

you mean strikeseize?

I told Tokuda to add GPs to GS and he actually did it. The absolute madman.

Really depends when the PC version is coming out.
If it's 1-2 months, I'd wait, but otherwise the framerate is good enough.

don't you mean blow-belay?

you mean slashcease?

>people think pc ver will come out next year
>even if it does you're still waiting a whole year
just get a ps4 bros

Personally the framerate doesn't bother me enough to convince me to wait, although I will be getting it on PC later on regardless to play with friends since i'm the only one with a PS4.

I really need to start using the piercing shot more, I didn't realize it could hit so many times.

nay I mean thwack-thwart

RATHALOS/DIABLOS HUNTING ROOMS WHERE???

I cant wait to see TA japs using the longsword. I can't fathom how to use the spirit thrust perfectly, it takes 10 years to come back down on the monster.

I'm sure it's called attack tea-time.