/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread: -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>Switch
[Nov 10] Userland code execution is now possible, no releases yet. wololo.net/2017/11/15/can-now-run-homebrews-nintendo-switch-3-0-0/
[Oct 19] OFW 4.0.0 released (now 4.1.0), you may want to stay on 3.0.0 until new vulnerabilities are found. wololo.net/2017/10/19/nintendo-switch-firmware-4-0-0-released/
>Vita
[Oct 23] PKGI released, allows installing original pkg files, download & unpack pkg files directly on Vita together with your NoNpDrm fake license github.com/mmozeiko/pkgi/releases
-pkgi.txt: nopaystation.com/pkgi
>PS4
[Oct 20] fail0verflow published a writeup for their 4.05 kernel exploit. wololo.net/2017/10/20/adieu-ps4-kernel-exploit-firmware-4-06-fully-detailed-team-fail0verflow/
>PS3
[Nov 24] PS3Xploit NOR/NAND flash writer & NOR dumper for 4.82 OFW released. psxhax.com/threads/ps3xploit-4-82-cfw-on-ofw-nor-nand-flash-writer-nor-dumper.3112/
-Works on all fat models and early slims (any PS3 made before 2011), super slims aren't supported yet (expect a HENkaku-like exploit in 2018). Compatibility chart: i.imgur.com/7G3tM5D.png

Other urls found in this thread:

enso.henkaku.xyz/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MdFucpSwcOqdexs4kqUMpp9AVUXn3PswZvCEFQMwVpo/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

reminder that ironic shitposting is still shitposting

Reminder DS games on SD card was not worth waiting for.

reminder that reminders are not worth posting.

reminder that i'm gay

Reminder that this is a dead general now 3DS is dead, PS3 has mostly peaked and 3.61 never ever.
34c3 Switchax or bust.

I just did a "rebuild database" on my ps3 and now i can't connect to ps3 with FileZilla.

It says: Status: Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".
Error: Could not connect to server

It was working fine 20 minutes ago. Anyone know how i can fix this?

Reminder that I placed a PSX iso on my CFW PS3 slim and it ran at 10FPS.
How the fuck do I fix this shit? Is it because I'm using HDMI? How do I unfuck that framerate while still using HDMI like a normal person?

maybe it's just a game that emulates badly

Eh, it's ape escape so I guess that's the problem

I fell for the official emulator meme

Ape Escape doesn't run smoothly on a PS1, let alone emulators.

>3DS is on 11.6
>no other CFW 3DSes in sight
>only card is Acekard
Well I guess I'm absolutely fucked if I'm not gonna solder, unless somebody figures out a different option for that

buy a new flashcard

My slim ps3 is cech-2503B
Can i hack it?

>smoothly

ok I fucked up my initial post

The game has massive slowdown, that's what I wanted to say. I'll just try with a different game anyway

Possibly. Use MinVerChk to find out. If result < 3.56 and you improve your reading comprehension skills then maybe you will succeed.

anyway here's my list of interesting Disc-only PS3 games that could use rips
>The Buzz quiz games
>Folklore
>Heavenly Sword
>Gran Turismo 5
>Katamari Forever
>Killzone Trilogy
>MotorStorm/Pacific Rift
>Resistance Collection
>Ridge Racer 7
>SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs
>Tekken Hybrid
>White Knight Chronicles 1 and 2
>Afrika
>Genji: Days of the Blade
>Haze
>Lair
>Ace Combat Infinity
>Monster Madness: Grave Danger
>Sorcery
>Time Crisis: Razing Storm
>The Wonderbook Games
>Aquanaut's Holiday: Hidden Memories
>50 Cent: Blood on the Sand
>Army of Two/The 40th Day
>Armored Core PS3 games
>Condemned 2: Bloodshot
>Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit
>El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
>Eternal Sonata
>GoldenEye 007: Reloaded
>Lollipop Chainsaw
>Nier
>No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise
>Resonance of Fate
>Rock Band 3
>Shadows of the Damned
>The Darkness
>The Beatles: Rock Band
>UFC Undisputed 3
>WET
>WWE All Stars
Some of these may have already been ripped but should be ripped with a different region version (and/or DLC and updates).

but a shitty $10 timebombed card, hack your shit then sell it and use your acekard for DS games

Tfw we will never get ps4 cfw cuz devs are famebitches

>should be ripped with a different region version (and/or DLC and updates)
Would you care to specify a region, at least?

I'm not sure yet.
It depends what regions haven't been ripped and what region DLC is available.

>use minverchk
I was hoping someone would skip this step for me you little fuck

How the fuck are we meant to use minverchk on your system.
are you gonna mail your system to us?

So I just need to put a hard drive in my PS3, and then I can rip NTSC-U Katamari Forever.

Reinstall webman.
A rebuilt database removes some stuff.
keep this in mind should you ever fuck up your webman and your console freezes on boot.

>want to sync my trophies
>download PSN Patch, enable the plugin. use the combo
>to sign in I need to update my console
>the plugin bricks your PS3 if you are on 4.82 and I'm on 4.81
ok what now

if someone have the same system i have then they can answer the question you retard

So I tried running MinVerChk on the PS3 I just bought. It didn't work with both USB sticks I tried. I formatted them in FAT32 and triple checked the if the file path and names were correct. I also tried both USB ports. They get power and in the menu the circle rotates in the top right corner, when I plug them in. The USB sticks also don't show up in the different media categories.

Do I have bad luck with my USB sticks?
Is the USB controller broken (even though it detects that something is plugged in and also power comes through)?
Did I do something wrong?

If they don't show up and are not accessable from the XMB then it's bound to not work. Maybe borrow some from a friend and switch out whatever you're using for formatting them. If more then let's say 6 fail, I'd say there's a problem with the PS3. Maybe a reset could help. Doubt it though.

>I was hoping someone would skip this step for me you little fuck
Why are insulting me you son of a bitch? MinVerChk takes like 1 minute. But sure, skip it. Brick your shit. See if I care. Thing is with the 25XX models you can not know for certain if you don't use that tool. The model number is not enough. Fucking retard.

They need to be MBR. Not GPT. They should already have an MBR partition table, but you never know. Had the problem in the past because I used my USB drive to install UEFI versions of Windows before.

>still no updated botw trainer for dlc 2
REEEEEEEEEEEE

That was the problem.
Thank you, user!

3ds NTRboot help?

I'm trying to mod my wife's 3ds with my old Acekard 2i, which I managed to flash on my 3ds.

Now I know I have an older production batch because I can only use it with the paper trick, this is on an o3ds, and I can get the 2i title to show up in the home menu so I know it's making contact, however restarting it with Start Select X and Power it only goes into a black screen, removing the magnet shows the title is missing as if it's not making contact even though I confirmed it working before rebooting, ejecting and reinserting the card works fine.

I know this is a very specific issue, but am I being a retard and am I missing something?

Happy to help.

Just found a spare 1TB drive, so just need to get that formatted and the newest Rebug installed and then I'll start ripping.

(You)'d think that a fucking guide would be made by now telling you exactly if your model can be hacked.

I hacked my 3DS quite a while ago and forgot what button I had assigned to boot into Decrypt9. Start boots into Hourglass and Select into Luma, down on the Dpad into nothing.

Any clues what else it could be?

Post the console SD card contents.
Also, did you use the ".dsi" flash rom on the Acekard?

SD card contents is the two boot files (.firm and .3dsx) and the boot9strap folder (all lowercase) with the boot9strap files in it.

The flasher was ds_ntrboot_flasher_dsi.nds

take out your sd and open it on a computer
look inside the luma folder to see what you renamed decrypt9 to
>t. someone who forgot also

Ah, I didn't think of that. Thanks.

do injected wii games on wii u not have multiplayer?
i tried playing some puyo 20th with a friend but my wiimote wouldn't connect

My disc library is small - all EU:
Pupeteer
Sonic Generations
Demon's Souls
Arkham City
Mortal Kombat

Is there any reason to get US games and not EU for PS3 other than autism ?

Sometimes the only DLC you can find is for one region and not the other.

Extra languages can cause bloat (graphics for everything in the game in different languages), and sometimes the EU versions are different, either not as much DLC available or not as much DLC has been dumped for the games.

So basically just pick the one where all DLCs are available then
Thanks

Hm. Try cleaning the contacts of the Acekard, and blow some air onto the cartridge slot on the console.

There is a guide. It tells you which consoles can be hacked: All fats, all slims up to 25XX (min version 3.56)

How else would you put that succinctly? If you happen to have a 25XX model, you need to check your min OFW version.

Why are you making such a big deal out of using that tool? It takes less than a minute. By now this is the most easily executed hack I have ever done on any console.

Yeah.
The annoying thing is where neither one has all DLC available (like SSX).

I had no contact cleaner so I swabbed with some Isopropyl alchohol, and I have blown into the slot as well, the strangest thing is that I can consistently get the card working pre-reboot.

Well I was being sarcastic. I wont help someone who can barely read a pastebin

Oh. The old problem. I can hear it now.

I have a similar problem i rebuilt the database and ps3xpad stopped working, i tried reinstalling webman and plugin but nothing, i even did a quick format but it's still not working.

I'm about to purchase a 3ds for the purpose of homebrewing. How easy is the Soundhax method? I shouldn't encounter any problems, right?

3DS is almost babby easy now. Invest in a flashcard for easier hacking + DS games/homebrew too.

you need 11.3 or lower for soundhax, it's easy, you can't fuck up

>needing trainers
Faggot

I'm guessing no one else has any ideas. I just tried a different SD card, both NTFS as FAT32 just in case.

I just downloaded Jojo's Bizarre Adventure for PS3, but I can't skip the welcome cutscene or even press start to begin playing. What could it be? Every other PS3 game loaded through webman works well.

>I just downloaded Jojo's Bizarre Adventure for PS3
HD, ASB, or EOH?

So SEN enabler or PSN Patch? I just want to play muh fightan games online.

i forget the name of that site that has large rom packs of every game for every system..anyone got it? the pirate bay is shit for this

holy shit is this real? and how much is it?

ASB

Yeah I made sure to get one on 11.2
Is a flashcard really necessary?

Necessary for DS games. Plus it makes you brick-proof which is always nice.

>Is a flashcard really necessary?
only if you want to play ds games, you don't need it for custom firmware because you're 11.2

what firmware version is the new 3ds xl snes edition?
is there any point in updating firmware?
why do i need b9s if i install homebrew launcher?
what the fuck is luma? can't find any legit info about it
should i just buy a hacked 3ds with b9s?

Incorrect, loading DS games from SD is almost perfect now

Read the guide or fuck off

Sup boys, I have a PSTV I was using for CFW, but I've since bought an OLED I'd rather use. Gonna update the PSTV for use with legit games.

Can I just wipe it and update and use my legit account with no problems? Or will there be complications with the console having used cfw

it doesn't answer most of my questions dickhead

>what firmware version is the new 3ds xl snes edition?
If you have to ask, it's probably not the one you want.
>is there any point in updating firmware?
Playing new games, getting new features.
>why do i need b9s if i install homebrew launcher?
To play games.
>what the fuck is luma? can't find any legit info about it
It's a type of CFW.
>should i just buy a hacked 3ds with b9s?
You should if you're too much of a brainlet to install it yourself.

>almost
Not good enough, boyo.

It explains how to install CFW which is all you need to know.
If you really need the details, Luma is the cfw that patches the system and allows piracy etc, b9s is what loads luma automatically on boot, and "installing homebrew laucher" is not enough because you literally cannot install it without cfw since I'm pretty sure it's not an official nintendo app

Feel free to buy a pre-hacked one if you're fine with paying a premium to save 10 minutes of your time and having to ask like a retard every time you want to do anything because you don't know how it works

You'd be better off updating the vita to play 3.61+ games and keeping the pstv with CFW for free vita/psp/ps1 games on a much bigger screen without having to mess around with sd cards/vita adapters and using a comfy dualshock 4 to play, a 2TB hard drive is much cheaper than a 3.0 sd2vita and a quality (sony, samsung) 256GB sd card or even a 256GB usb drive.

thanks anons

Has anyone done a complete version of Folklore with all the DLC included?

Ah yeah that's not a bad idea. I already installed Enso on the Vita. Should I just uninstall it using the installer and update to 3.67 or is there other steps I should take before?

Thanks lad.

Anyone?

hey user, if you're still around, kill yourself.

user here
no

ISO rips retain more information than game folder rips. for games that are hard to find and might not get dumped again for a long time, ISO is the way to go.

enso.henkaku.xyz/
It literally tells you how to unistall enso as well, in case you can't read:

1- remove ur0:tai/boot_config.txt from your vita to remove enso
2- delete all homebrew and other illegal apps and games from your vita manually
3- reboot your vita, this succesfully uninstalls henkaku
4- wipe your memory card
5- update to the latest version
6- log in your psn account, link it it to the memory card and start paying for the dozen or so worthwhile 3.61+ games like a dumbshit

k

brump

Dragon quest english patch when?!

5 hours

I'm trying to play some PS2 games on PS3, does it recognize and utilize .mds files associated with ISOs just fine? Because I'm trying to play pic related, it has an .mds file along with the ISO, I've read that this game is supposed to work, but I can't get past the first loading screen.

I get that the PS2 emulation on PS3 is shoddy at best and there are better options for playing PS2 games but when I see that this one is supposed to work and it doesn't, it's kinda maddening

Not to mention they're superior just for the fact that you're usually dealing with one large file instead of a billion small ones. The transfer times on folder format games are fucking terrible. I've converted all of my folder games to ISO, no ragrets

Katamari Forever NTSC magnet here

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MdFucpSwcOqdexs4kqUMpp9AVUXn3PswZvCEFQMwVpo/edit#gid=0

what are the chances of a psvita 3.65 hack?

not likely at all

>The Darkness
>Shadows of the Damned
>No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise
>Lollipop Chainsaw
>Armored Core For Answer
I could rip and upload NTSC-U versions of these if anyone is interested.

That would be good, yes.
I would recommend either using GDrive or Torrent.

>/hbg/ is more reliable than scene dumpers
we need a group name.
I'll add it to my torrent, thanks user.

to the Afrika user, I managed to grab 7 parts off dropfile.to so that should help with the seeding a bit, although my upload speed is shit.

I have No More Heroes Paradise and Shadows of the Damned, too.
I'd say Lollipop Chainsaw has the priority as the NTSC-U version was never dumped before.

>we need a group name
hbg-chan