/domg/ - Dominions General

Best Girl Edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 3000 units, 900 spells and 400 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/qaccWnMt

>Drawfaggotry
dominionsdraws.imgur.com/

>DOMINIONS 5 IS OUT.

>Where do I get it?
Currently only available on Steam.
store.steampowered.com/app/722060/Dominions_5__Warriors_of_the_Faith/

>Manual
Read it.
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5manual.pdf
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5tables.pdf

>Mod inspector
It's out. Spells, sites, mercenaries and events TBD.
larzm42.github.io/dom5inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
The best way to learn how to play is to get stomped.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1212948582

>Debug mod
For testing stuff.
dropbox.com/s/gc9io6paebo4pj3/Debug_501.zip?dl=0

>How do I change the fonts?
Replace guifont.ttf, guifont_fancy.ttf and guifont_texty.ttf in the game's 'data' folder (C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dominions5\data usually).

>Completed games
Submit them here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuclmaCiRo8vcTztsKjPJxnBgRDE-E1uNvE5j0x5wDZMMhRA/viewform
Results:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OxILAa3Y_O7Vk2NFhKAAQfStHqh1WJXMkGCim9sQ_ns/edit#gid=1292233344

>OP pastebin
Just copypaste it and link the previous thread below.
pastebin.com/RbFWcFcU

>Previous Pantokrator:

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=NoobsOnly69
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I usually play a different nation every game, unless I fail horribly with a nation, then I might replay it in 6 months.

Why is art of Xibalba-chan so popular?

Nothing wrong with having a favourite race to play as! I'd advise at least trying the others to get an idea of how they play and how to beat them and you might surprise yourself with what you like, but besides that, we all have one or a small handful of races we like more than the rest.

So just how bad is MA Man?

Xibalba-chan is a cute.

It's not LA Man, so just mediocre.

just painfully mediocre

Other nations can be cute!

Seriously, the three most popular characters for fanart seem to be MA Xibalba-chan, EA Ulm-tan and... I think Yomi-tan? I'm not sure.

Seriously though, looking through the imgur list there's some i don't even recognise. What the heck.

I'll let you know when I lose my current game.

They have foreignrec nerds and summonable researchers/bloodhunters. Each of those benefits from more research. Research is great, you can never have enough. If you plan on stopping research at level 5, you're going to get fucking smashed. And if you are aiming for cascades, you want it up ASAP.

Cold scales directly reduce MM now without the snow survival.

Who is that?

Honestly, I find LA Man to be superior to MA.

At least LA Man has solid mages and can drop Drain; MA doesn't even get that.

The big difference is MA Man can say at least they aren't Machaka, while LA Man says at least they aren't Jomon.

I won't generate a map with 1500 provinces anymore.

>Honestly, I find LA Man to be superior to MA.
Literally what I implied.

Hey, Red_Rob released his Extra Pretenders mod for Dom5. Any interest in a game using it?

Scelaria

How do you do that in the first place?

Uhm... This is Man, right? I'm confused. I know Eriu doesn't use iron, so the chainmail rules that out, but the witches of Man don't carry weapons, so I don't know what the fuck.

It's druid Reimu

Are you talking about a map or seraphs?
If you mean a map, just don't mess with a pixel size too much. I have set 6000x4000.

Ok, who should I donate my death gems to (except Ulm and Xibalba) since I'm mostly done for. Someone who will be a pain in the ass for the rest of the guys left.

I meant map. I don't know how to do anything, in the menu it just lets me do 25 provinces per player at most.

>don't take luck
>every other turn get some +unrest or +misfortune event
>take luck
>nothing fucking happens for years

>Main menu
>tools
>random map

It is. The characters amuys commissions are not specific units generally, but amalgams of their nation.

wow I never looked in that menu

Ulm and Xibalba

Ulm and Xibalba.

>take 3 luck
>get 3 misfortune events on my cap twice in 4 turns

skeleton hate is real, donate to whoever never tried to fuck you up

Ermor

>choose flyer unit
>choose attack back line
So much skill wow great strategy. Flyers, and especially beefy fliers, are the worst thing about this game. The shittiest thing is that the lack of satisfactory controls mean you have to do janky shit like putting troops behind your commanders to deal with them.

Someone who borders your enemies would make the most sense.

Maybe C'tis with his cancer dominion. It's not as cancerous as yours, but still.

> wow great strategy
Do you want to say it is not?

Yea, I thought about C'tis as well. Lizardbros are in for a treat.

>losing to Xibalba
>as Ermor

WEW LAD

and Ulm

Didn't you say you were wrecking Ulm just a few turns ago?

I haven't lost a battle against him yet. I won two battles but Xibalba is butt fucking me and I can't keep this up since he is outproducing me anyway. I'm just trying to do damage right now cruising through his lands. But I'll be done after the next pitched battle.

I see. It's never any fun getting gangbanged, but it kind of comes with playing MA Ermor.

Godspeed, little skellyman.

Is MA Ermor that OP? Can't you make the priests just spam banishment?

>oh no I have to do X to make sure my commanders are safe from Y

No, they just have a cancer dominion so everyone agrees to gangbang them before they ruin provinces

Banish this!
*whips out BoT*

Fair enough I suppose. No idea who Ulm-chan is enthusiastically talking about steel with here though...

They can outspam you because they get piles of free bodies in their every province, but that's not a huge problem. The thing with Ermor is their dominion is cancer by default, and tends to be quintuple cancer by choice. It renders the world uninhabitable: no gold, no blood slaves, no supplies, no nothing, and they direct a lot of their attention toward pushing it. This is why everyone wants to murder them asap.

That's Agartha.

>made a Shinuyama pretender like a week ago
>no MA games to join

It's not OP (they can be if left alone long enough, but still), it's that they kill their own lands so either you take them out early or you have to fight them in a massive wasteland that'll starve your troops while wading through seas of chaff.

Look slike Agartha by the colours and axolotl bits.
>Ulm and Olm

Agartha.

Agartha

You wouldn't breed an Olm...

>ywn play a Dominions mod that replaces all unit sprites with cute girls

So where's the magic site with the waifus?

Jeezus they really had to work to make her cute, didn't they?

EA Agartha is the cutest nation in the game, so it's only appropriate.

Axolots and salamanders can be cute

Axolotls are insanely cute.

It's literally the only reason they're extant at this point.

>Pale ones
>Cute
Pick one.

Okay I'll grant you that axolotls are pretty cute.

>Lucid calls the Rl'yeh playing attacking him with an Uttervast "that fucking cuck"
Hue. It makes me laugh to hear that insult coming from such a mild-mannered voice.

I want cute summonable angels!

>canon the most innocent race in the world
>slow and clumsy for that moe factor
>not cute

Shit taste famalam.

Any games starting up?

Does MA/LA Caelum actually use their high res units like iceclads, or still mostly airyas and spire horns with lances?

I'm wondering this as well

Ive been training tirelessly since Dom3 on Ais and i am now confident in my abilty to defeat 6 very hard Ai nations united against me. And ive mastered the art of min maxing armies and efficiently use of spells and rituals. i also have a good understanding of every nations,

Am i now good enough to enter the elite /Domg/ MP scene? I still fear the tremendous skill ceiling of /domg/ matches but i will try.

MA game NOW

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=NoobsOnly69 if you're new

>canon the most innocent race in the world
Citation needed

>if you're new
I'm not, I'm just shit

Is it even possible to make machaka and/or hinom cute?

Are you stupid? SP doesnt teach anything about the game at all, it even gives you bad habits.

They got a lot better with cav buffs/cornucopia. Not top tier but definitely solid now

The value of Iceclads is very suspect given that they're just a touch more durable in Cold than Storm Guards are but otherwise outright worse. Storm Guards however are good. Against most mundane opponents in cold dominion, they're substantially more tanky per gold spent, they shrug off Thunder Strike AoE effect thanks to their high high lightning resistance and unlike Iceclads, they don't slow your armies down. Whereas Spire Horn Warriors just evaporate and rout, Storm Guards can usually hold the ground while your mages/air elementals do the actual killing.

Also, in terms of LA Caelum, Raven Guards are actually fairly capable medium infantry.

Tragic yes, but cute?

Actually... Wait. Given their competition for 'cutest race' you might actually be right, if only because I don't really think I can classify any of the rest as 'cute'.

>Cute summonable angels that live only to heal and help!
>Magical girl angels who fight back darkness and despair!
>A glowing light of hope in the darkness of the last age!

What race should summon them though? Where should they come from? The only nations that could summon angels were Marignon and Pythyium and they've both fallen to demon worship or strange cults in the Late Age.

Machaka? Absolutely. Cute cuddly spiders and Savannah animals errywher.

Hinnom? Not a fucking chance; throughout every age they purely exist to be assholes who's favourite past-time are being arrogant tyrants and ruining your day.

>They got a lot better with cav buffs/cornucopia.
Spellsinger and the new casting rules makes their mages some of the worst in the game.

>complaining about demon worship and heretics
>not sacrificing your home village to summon your waifu goatsun-chan
How can you say you love her if you won't even feed her blood?

A splinter faction of Pythian orthodoxy who has it up to here with cultists and heretics and wants to make virtue great again.

Glorious

> >Magical girl angels who fight back darkness and despair!
Would be nice to couner Ermor dominion.

>Man already taken

Fuck. Any others?

They'd have to shit peasants and natural resources for that to work.

>spellsinger
>bad
just cast 200 fatigue spells dude

tee hee

> natural resources
Just like nature magic casters do.
> shit peasants
They can have some action like "Attract villagers". Attract population from neighboring provinces.

How is late age expansion even supposed to work?

Joined as Ermor.

Listen to me very closely user, because I am only going to say this once and I want to make sure I am properly understood. You ready? Okay, here it is.

>Angels rule
>Devils suck
>Your waifu a shit

Brilliant! But besides angels, how else should they be fluffed? Where did they flee to? Who did they interact with? I vote Ys or Eriu on account of elves just making it even better, or Arcos due to them already being good people.

You move troops into indie provinces

Then how come all the angels are garbage and all the devils useful to fanatastic?

>forgot If I sent a message to another player
>send it this turn hoping it's not a repeat message

I have to imagine the low numbers of tempest warriors still won't be good in expansion, though, right? Does Caelum still want to run an awake expander in Dom5, or is the buff to flying+attack rear good enough that they can go more scales?

>not just checking the old turn

For expansion you just mass spire horn shitters. They'll rout most indies in the charge as long as you have enough of them. Later on you can switch to tempest warriors since they're basically the same thing except better.

It's more than good enough now
Any nation that gets some flying units now has no problems with expansion whatsoever. The only units that might are barbarian indies

I'd say Rus for a true Byzantine faction and elves serving as varangian guards.