/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Bosak edition

TO NEWFRIENDS: DO NOT BUY THE "STARTER EDITION"!

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links
[New site under construction]
physixcat.github.io/r6gfaq/
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw
r6maps.com

>Official News
Operation White Noise is live

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Stat Checking
r6db.com/
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

Read the thread:

Odd request.

Can anyone post / recommend good keybinds?
I'm new to the game and some of them are not very well placed, in my opinion.

lowkey ahegao

thicc goddess

frost is flat as a board

>DO NOT BUY THE "STARTER EDITION"!
Ubi shills should kys.

ALWAYS BUY THE STARTER EDITION!!!

>not Valkyrie

every operator is pretty viable right? except tachanka

I want frost to trap me with her welcome mat and have her way with me while the hostage watches

pretty much yeah

IQ and Castle are somewhat questionable, but others are pretty good.

>except tachanka
Tachanka is fine. Even if you don't use his turret he is still an armor 3 operator with a solid SMG.

if you don't use his turret he's just a worse kapkan

How are iq's guns? The 3 speed should somewhat make up for her gadget right?

>IQ
You can literally see Vigil run around, Valk cameras and electronics in general.How is this questionable?
>Castle
He is great but hard to work within a random team.

No reason to pick Vigil

>ubisoft keeps making me play against people 30 levels and up higher than me and with much better ranked stats
I'm just gonna leave after inspecting enemy team at this point. I'm done with this bullshit

Aug = Good
Commando = Good
LMG = No

Wasn't Kapkan a 2 armor?

That's what I do

both of her guns are pretty good; it's preference for which one you use
having frag grenades opens up a lot of possibilities, can nade drone holes to get rid of mute jammers and shock wire, if you don't have a thatcher or twitch

her gadget is really strong right now just cuz everybody's picking vigil and dokkaebi, as well as comboing with the pistol buffs

she's all around a good pick right now, but there's almost always a better pick than her

this is siege after all, so it really doesn't matter too much and she can still do work like any 3 speed with solid guns

>reflex

>any iq gun
>good

Levels don't matter unless you are at the lower side of lvl20~30 and still exploring the game.I am playing against lvl200+ while i am lvl90+.

just play the game, like actually
terrorist hunt is a good means for learning the layout of the maps themselves, but for what people do and how they do it, you just gotta play multiplayer an learn

This question is asked an insane amount in these threads, I'm beginning to wonder if it's just a shitpost trend. It's honestly really weird to me that people think there's a secret trick to gitting gud at games, no you just fucking play them or watch other people play them, there's really nothing to it than investing time into it.

>how do I learn maps
Start a Custom game with a ten minute timer and run around each map, memorizing different ways in between each room, which walls are soft or hard, and the camera locations.
>Should I just pull up maps whenever I get into a game?
This helps too.

You're talking as if 3 armor is good

Just play them, you'll learn alot. Im 190 now and I still learn new things everyday. Playing since release.

So he's a worse rook/doc without even an acog to show for it? 3 armor is a bad thing.

Tell me more about this sharpening setting, user.

>You're talking as if 3 armor is good
It is good unless you want to roam around.

yeah he is after his rework, but there's also nothing special about 3 armors, 2 armors are perfectly fine as anchors

all the other 3 armors are better picks than tachanka anyways, why are people so obsessed with him, fucking normie memes are the worst
LE FUZE THE HOSTAGE
LE TACHANKA IS LORD
LE RECRUIT RUSH
LE NERF BLACKBEARD
DAE FROST AND BUCK LOOK THE SAME???

>peeking and repositioning slower is somehow a good trait for an anchor

>he ignores the fact that I mention they have higher ranked stats as well
level 100+ and I'm tired of listening to this

So how's Operation White Boys?

>He is great but hard to work within a random team.
I hate him because I usually play Valk and the fucker just blocks all the windows and doors before I start throwing cameras around.

It's not. Being slow makes you easier to headshot, being loud makes you easier to prefire, and it's not enough to be noticeable help in firefight except in fringe cases. Even then, losing out on the possibility to reposition without giving away your position or exposing yourself too long isn't worth it at all.

Literally nothing wrong with that. It's the most likely window to be Fuzed and Thatcher would have trouble landing an EMP grenade.

there's everything wrong with that
what the fuck are you on
you can put the ads in other spots and still protect from cluster charges, and thatcher has no trouble emping that, he just rappels and tosses it onto the sill

New guns are busted for a change, zofia is busted, phone shit is pretty retarded, vigil's ability is very meh but has some of the best defender guns as well as a fun shotgun.

toss it on the window sill

Because it's clearly a trash game. If Jager is that dumb, the other team isn't running a Thatcher.

>throw EMP on a window sill
>roast all ADS with a single shot
Nice work Marius.

I'm getting an "Update Failed" when trying to play, anyone know what's up?

if we were to look at how often operators die to headshots i'm gonna guess 3 armors get headshot a very large portion of the time vs 3 speeds because of their slow as shit movespeed

>people complaining about defenders "camping" in this game
>rainbow six siege
>camping

Am I living in some alternate Dimension full of retards?

i wish my enemy teams anchored instead of 5 man roaming spawn peeking from every single window on the map

>need blackbeard
nigger what? who the fuck thinks that's okay he's trash right now to me at least

Unless they fixed it recently, it literally lowers the damage of Jäger's 416-C until you hit the dropoff distance. That's right, putting the extended barrel on his gun makes it do less damage.

blackbeard is a solid operator, you're legit bad if you can't play him

just because the number 60 looks small compared to his broken as shit 500 hp shield doesn't make him bad

You're gimping yourself, highly recommend you switch.

holy shit did anyone see Vigil's Chibi charm? Fucking lunatic

new player here, how do I deal with Twitch, she keeps destroying all my bandit batteries

3 armors need to be immune to headshot modifier, getting shot in head normal dmg.

destroy her drone
tell your mute to do his fucking job

just make 3 armors drop to DBNO on headshot, except for tachanka, who stays at 10hp on first headshot and then drops to DBNO
there i balanced your game ubishit

The entire opposing team just killed themselves.

What.

y'all are more competent than the devs, how come this game crashes about 50% of the time with connection issues?

check your NAT
I'm serious, why a strict NAT fucks with a game that connects to a server is beyond me

le tachanka xD

>just wanna play rainbow six siege
>I either make the most retarded mistakes possible to people way lower level than me or just get straight up outmatched by people better than me
what the fuck is happening someone fucking murder me I just wanna play rainbow six siege but I'm on a god damn losing streak

I already port forwarded all uplay and rainbow six ports

casual mmr got reseted

Here, have a (you), I pity retards.

How do you know?

Because it always happens when a new season starts.

best part of the season.

i want to feel the soothing warmth of IQ's feet on my face!

Please don't tell me that they're resetting casual mmr every season
Please for the love of god

:)

enjoy your lopsided 0-3/3-0 games for the next couple of weeks until the pseudo-plats have filtered to the top

>sitting at a desk that someone rappels into nearby
>get called because lol information is important lol
>decided that it'd be better just to watch rather than get shot trying to reset
>enemy doesn't fucking move
>decide they must've gone somewhere else
>reset phone
>at that exact moment hibana rushes and and kills me
Fuck this game and everyone who plays it especially those fucking faggots that sit there and watch an angle for 3 hours because they're too dumb to try and play aggressively at all

He'd rather play dust line guys.

>Xbox is unironically all third world spics and br retards
I thought this was a meme

>gimp yourself so much you get pissed and spend more shekels unlocking operators
Who's the real shill here?

isn't it audible that you're resetting the phone? it's audible when you pull out a gu so i wait for that to push as lesion

>500 hp shield
Is that current? Being honest I've only seen it in action with other players, I seen that damn thing pop like a cherry from 1 bullet before
I'll have to try him if that's the current health on the shield dude

i want you to leave, you utter disgrace

no thats what it used to be. they nerfed his shield down to 60 hp.

you can stop worrying about grenades now

*worries about grenades*

Oh well fuck why the he'll they thought that was a good idea, you know what even at 60 I'll give him a chance
Sounds like it caught that salty over nerf tho

no, 60 hp shield is current. he was released with a 500 hp shield which was broken beyond belief and then given 2 shields with..200 hp? 180? still broken

bb is fine if you play him as an angle holder, you get to ignore two headshots for free. if you're good at the game you should be able to get a free kill in time with that

>salty over nerf
the original number being ludicrously high makes the decrease look large. that does not mean it was not well deserved.

whats your favorite /r6g/ meme?
mine is "IQ has good guns"

Nerfing it from that rediculous number yeah, but 60? That's 2 bullets for most guns and I know that can save a life but still feels a tad too low m8
Either way I'll get a genuine feel for it tonight and if you see someone complaining about it you can call me a shitter then

Try again in english, please. 500hp is five times an operator's health. Not only could BB just sit on a window forever uncontested, crosshair placement being so essential in this game combined with lower overall SMG dps meant he also won duels in plain sight ridiculously often. He was just busted.

Someone do me a favor and firebomb ubisoft servers I'm so tired

I finally feel like buying the year pass. If I buy it now at the end of the year, am I basically fucked because I miss out on the year of premium?

>Attacker version of rook
>Deploys a bag full of nike shoes
>bumps 1 speed to 2 speed, 2 speed to 3 speed, 3 speed to 3.5 speed

you're still getting all the operators and all the exclusive uniforms and headgear if that counts for anything, plus you get the nice little charm
honestly, the week or so early operators isn't a huge thing seeing as most of the time the new ops are instalocked every game, and other than that you get like a bonus 0.3% alpha pack bonus per game

>3.5 speed
literally never post again and end your existence

Wait a little longer, it goes on sale at some point soonish? Not quite sure when, I think around the time the "VIP status" shit expires, not like it'll do you much good at this point

it was actually 800

3 speeds can run at 3.5 speed and only while pistol is equipped, additionally the shoew are air pressure so you have to stop and repump them or else you lose ALL your speed.

and to think newfags bitch about Ela.

I mostly play Glaz on attack, am I cancer? Im still fairly new to the game and I don't want to be that guy.

release bb can be op as shit and ela can be op as shit, they're not exclusive qualities

Mid Season Reinforcements White Noise
=====================================
Doc 4 stim shots 20hp each
has 1 stim when he is downed to revive himslef
===================================
Castle now has 5 barricades that can be only destroyed by explosives or sledge
Mission Outbreak tease with new weapon skins, alpha packs, and uniforms
increased legendary drop rate in alpha packs
reduced price of alpha packs overall
Operation Chimera
Atk: heal shots fired from a distance supporting the attackers with temporary recoil buff and 40 hp
Dfd: can see incoming enemies with deploy able device that will highlight incoming attackers
====================================