/twg/ - Total War General

Announcement of the Royals Edition

>Warhammer
youtube.com/watch?v=qLSezK6_N5w
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/
totalwar.com/blog/warhammer-ii-development-update (NEW)
tl;dr: December FLC w/ new game mode, Tomb Kings in January, Norsca/RoR in May

>History
store.steampowered.com/app/694880/Total_War_ROME_II__Empire_Divided/
store.steampowered.com/app/712100/Total_War_Saga_Thrones_of_Britannia/

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

Previous: Campaign posting and screenshot sharing encouraged!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FP6zxwCCCDc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for anime

>pull a heroic victory in my Kroq'gar campaign against those Silver whatsits vampires two doomstacks
>a third of one army was nothing but Black Coaches for some reason
>minimal casualties
>games crashes as soon as I hit post-battle loading screen.

Well, at least I had this fun battle in my Teclis campaign.

thats not anime

Alright lads, what flavor of elf should I start? Green, Purple, or Blue?

i'd uninstall on the spot

>fight 3 Savage Orc 20/20 armies
>they can only field 40 at once
>camp their trickle reinforcement location
/devilish/

Well what is it then?

make sure you reward your warlords with elf-thing slaves today, yes-yes

So how palpable was the disappointment in the general the day The Laboratory was announced?
Maybe it's just me but releasing a meme mode for a game that needs a lot of work is kind of insulting.

Which do like better, giant trees, dragons, or edginess?

Depends, is it the good kind of edge or the bad kind of edge?

>can't retreat from Underway battles
>units still get to route and enemy army runs away

Why is shit so stupid?

>bad kind of edge
No such thing.

The kind of edge that involves spikey armor, lots of blood rituals, 80's metal aesthetics, and lots of edgy naked chicks

It's the party hardy kind of edge.

Radical. What should I know before diving in? Can I kill off Mommy Dearest? I don't want any kind of Chaos voodoo bullshit in my edge fortress.

yes, though I think they fixed it so she stops spreading chaos when you confed her. if nothing else, mods that do this exist.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

whats wrong now Mazdamundi

His Mobility Stegadon is too small.

The warmbloods did this.

Fucking warmbloods. BRING ME TENDIES

Should I start an empire campaign with Gelt or Franz? I plan on recruiting the other asap, just want the one with better faction bonuses.

Gelt for the you get to use Gelt bonus.

I'm trying greenskins and I'm not enjoying it. My main complaint is the WAAAAAAAGH summon army mechanic. I feel like I need that army to help me fight superior stacks and successfully take large settlements, but relying on an AI when I can't predict what it's going to do feels like shit.

Gelt became fave 2nd favorite character with about 20 turns of using the Empire. Franz is... eh. Gelt is so fuckin' cool.

>sweetass voice, literally golden tounged
>turn enemies into statues
>turn enemies swords to lead
.>rain down meteors
>sweet as buffs for your wizards
>OBVIOUS choice for Head Wizard in your Offices

What's not to love?

>mfw looking up Gelt will return pictures of jewish candy gold coins

Resign yourself to the WAAAGHs being shit. Their relentlessly retarded (like all AI in this game) and they can steal cities from you if you're not careful. Send them off to go bother someone else while you just use a second army of your own to beef yourself up.

Or consider looking into mods, there might be some out there that will help with that.

All right, maybe I can find a mod that let's me control it. Might be a bit OP, but no man should be forced to have AI control their own forces.
It's too bad, if they just made them stick to you like glue, like your own shadow, I feel they would work just fine.

I swear, if there's not a mod to just give a full-fightiness army skaven-like summons instead of the retarded WAAAGH army, then I'll at least look into making one.

Could be cool. Honestly when I read the fightiness description, I thought it would just spawn extra troops for me when I got into a fight.
Considering the greenskin 20 stacks are weaker than most, this could be a nice mechanic to reward you for always being on the assault.

Anyone got the updated start position predictions map of ME?

>mfw arch had another sperg recently and caused further drama

Why the hell do people care about this soyboy?

I think its just a sad fact that the greenskins mechanics are kind of lame due to being one of the initial four races.

you tell me

Yeah. thematically getting down with the boyz tickles my fancy, but the mechanics are shite.
So far Dark Elves has been my favs for both flavor and mechanics.

I don't know what that means.

Who? Why do you bring up literally nobody? Fuck off!

McBack off, ok? Arch is /ourguy/

Azhag needs to be added above Karak Kadrin since he'll start where the yellow orcs are now. Maybe Grombrindal in Karak Zorn or Kraka Drak? We can hope for a playable Todbringer too to give Empire some Diversity. Kemmler starts in Brettonia near wood elves, Ghorst maybe templehof?

>its a map covered in 90% trees episode

F U N

ITS F U N not being able to see... ANYTHING!

>click on Phoenix Guard
>no sound
WTF CA?!

Why does TH (WH in particular) have SO MANY youtube content creators? what is about this game?

Are any of them worth watching for intersting gameplay? The two or three I've watched suck until I noticed hundreds

LegendofTotalWar is hands down the best Total War YouTuber you will come across. Watch him.

Why are Helves, Delves and Skaven so much more fun than other races.
Empire has been lackluster in ME, Dawi are cool still but only cause of organ gun buff, otherwise they are boring as fuck. Greenskins are marginalized, VC get boring after 1000th invocation and Brets and Lizards have an annoying start that turns into a one trick pony army afterwards. I wont even get into chaos or Asrai

Anyone tried the mixus mousillon mod? How is it

I really wish that Greenskins could go nomad if they wanted and just do a great green migration. Would be a nice change of pace from just fighting the same old dorf and orc tribes.

>forgetting we're getting more KANGZ LLs
Where will Arkhan start?
They won't do his generic pyramid location vaguely south of Settra.

That's just mean.

Fuck I just want to actually fight Greenskins as the Empire

FUCK OFF ARCH

>autoresolves internally

Are there mods that let me campaign as Red Duke and/or Boris? Are they good?

Who is unironically the best WH LPer? Surreal Beliefs is pretty good.

So of all the total wars which faction is the hardest? I would guess WRE but are there any other serious contenders. I recall in my youth playing a shitty mod for medevial 1 which had a stupid fuckin cossack nation that was borderline impossible.

I told you, LegendofTotalWar. The guy did a legendary WRE "This Is Total War" campaign and won.

>plays sfo internally

Really I mean more in terms of personality. I don't like smug or memey LPers. And they have to do campaigns, unlike milkandcummies

Vulcan

Mixu's Mousillion (OK)
Mixu's legendary lords (good)
Crysnos Faction Unlocker + (ubiquitous)

Friendly reminder that faction unlockers are infringements upon CA and GW intellectual property and thus immoral and illegal.

We get to smash fantasy units against other in epic wars, but built around core 'realism' that allows cool strategies?

Age of Mythology and other games are cool and all, but they are really just typical SC-like economy games.

does ubiquitous mean good in this context?

Which would you recommend?

>no smug or memery
>he watches Surreal

I don't find him to be either. He can be a bit doofy at times but that's about it. At least he's not spewing memes

MrSmartDonkey.
Unironically.

My favorite TW streamer is ElichTv. I think he posts his streams on YouTube without editing them, so if you don't mind long videos I'd look for his shit.

Is Mousillion even present in vanilla WH1?

yes

So Dominions 5 is out, now with realtime tactical combat:
youtube.com/watch?v=FP6zxwCCCDc

Is it the Total War killer we've all been waiting for?

In this context I mean it's the faction unlocker mod. Like, it's necessary, obligatory. Especially if you want to play as Todbringer or The Red Duke.

The LL mod is good as it adds a large number of them, particularly for the various Empire states by adding a unique elector count LL for every province (except Wissenberg, whose elector count is a courtier woman, so they get Von Drak her court wizard and probably the #2 mage in the Empire after Gelt and pretty spooky)

the Mousillion mod adds a unique army tree to Mousilion, which removes their monsterous units but gives them peasant levies, so you have Grave Guard paired with peasant archers and yeoman light cavalry and even trebuchets.

Crysnos also gives Kessler to Mousillion, so if you play as them you;ll get the Red Duke and Kessler. It's a hard start cause you only get one minor province, but the AI always seems to seize the entire province pretty quickly.

Long videos are the reason i wouldn't watch. 15-20 min battles are where it's at. I mean unless you just have it on on another monitor or something while playing your own campaign.

PS: The LL mod is also obligatory for playing Middenheim, as it gives you a custom Todbringer with unique items, as well as a second recruitable LL in the form of Markus Wolfhart, the Imperial Huntsmarshall

I can't seem to find the depth everyone talks about in Dominions. Like it has the breadth, there's tons of fucking factions, but it just seems to play like other 4x games.

nah man, Surreal's hour+ long videos are so good to multitask with and go to sleep to. Problem is that I always end up going to bed early and not brushing my teeth. I really gotta stop.

So are they pretty much all needed at once? I apologize but I'm not very knowledgeable with mods.

Artillery really BTFOs mountain jew huh?

In terms of your controls and knowing how to play the game, its not so bad. The simulationism is very real, with individual units accumulating injuries and doing checks, but it all turns out to be a more or less overglorified die roll as opposed to offering much depth. The hellishly complex part comes mostly from knowing how the fuck to accomplish anything via magic and finding more and more broken combinations and interactions to blow up your opponents with, and also just learning what is a good choice and what is a bizarre trap option.

Oh and you also have to micro shit a bunch every fucking turn or your armies AI scripting will break and your wizard will do dumb shit and die stupidly while your army disintegrates under a hail of exploding fire rocks because you forgot to give one wizard a magic item or enough gems or some dumb shit.

This is at least third time you bring him into discussion. If it is in fact your channel just say it and don't be pussy.

Epirus from R2 is there as well.

Question; why don't the different factions in TWWH1 & 2 start off with more upgraded initial buildings to differentiate from one another?

CA likes to focus on faction abilities and what not, but it would be nice to see something like having Nuln as a playable faction that starts off with being able to create Gunpowder stuff.

I've never understood why supposedly large empires started with base shitty tech and buildings.

Why aren't you using your banners?

Aren't they on already?

no nigga you gotta drag and drop them on specific units. do next time a fight/auto/run screen comes up

It's kinda the same sort of depth as "grand strategy". A lot of numbers go in, there is a fuckton of stuff that matters, but as far as the crunch goes, you just go by the seat of your pants.

It's a really good multiplayer game, and you're never really asking for anything more when you're playing it. But yeah. Not as deep as advertised but still very good.

Because of the potentially massive amount of micromanagement to do each turn, it just means the game leans more towards the traditional play by email method.

Losing "immersion" is the only real downside.
The upsides are balance and a sense of growth and accomplishment. If you're at all familiar with the series, it takes a scene as bleak as Attila/BI WRE to make playing an already large nation somewhat enjoyable.

wow

How many hours in game are you realising this at?

Game also calculate it towards your auto-resolve strength. It's just a little sliver per banner, but it's there.

56 hours in right now

anyone?

don't feel bad, i've been playing TW games for over a decade now and just found out that "J" makes your men turn about-face.

about what?

Is ME patched yet?

May.

About bum.

R1: Seleucid
R2: Epirus, carthage and suebi both gave me a tough go as well
Attila: WRE (Duh)
S2: That red triangle faction, whatever their name is, was brutal as fuck

Empire: Spain... this one takes the fucking cake. Turn 3-5 your leader dies and his bastard kid starts a succession war against you, making every fucking major faction come down on you with the wrath of god. It was an awkward mechanic that only applied to Spain for some reason. Combine that with the easily most atrocious AI in any total war, and most factions would ignore their enemies to kill you. The absurd conquest they would get from me were actually pretty funny. Martha sent poo armies and conquered my America's territory. All around the most insane TW experience yet

I bought Attila together with WH back then, only played tutorial. If I missed a thing like this in WH I'm probably not going to have a good time in Attila

What are you watching or listening to while you play? I'm watching a series on the history of Golden Eye speed runs.

Silly kids were fine in R1

Twitch streams