/xgg/ - Xenogames General #24

Previous Thread: ========== Xenoblade 2 ==========
>Link to official JP twitter:
twitter.com/xenobladejp?lang=en

>XBC2 Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Ygax_f4e5a8
>XB2 Direct with world & gameplay explanations
youtube.com/watch?v=0Hb0KmH2WBQ
>XB2 Story trailer (medium spoilers, at your own risk)
youtube.com/watch?v=DOQ9q4HDb0U
>XB2 General FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XB game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/d8TqRTxi
>XB2 Blade, Combat and Quests FAQ
pastebin.com/yvMbe5rW
>XB2 Blade combo elemental chart
imgur.com/a/OiBPb
>XB2 Info Doc. Please help contribute to it.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EG0UpsgjhISr6_isiUpiWMU9qcXj6t8wWB0_LAiH1yE/edit#gid=0

========== Xenoblade X ==========
>XBX General FAQ
pastebin.com/YtgZ9rVQ
>XBX How to not kill NPCS
pastebin.com/pnY7FH7e
>XBX Info doc with potential spoilers
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g0YR4M8RAHiRhCbAvV4tjXXHLEhRMrARzZMYAUGmyZ4/htmlview?sle=true#
==============================

Please mark your spoilers properly, anons.
If you have any doc or pastebin for any Xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/7iyhtk/warning_when_doing_the_riddle_on_the_wall_quest/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I need a doujin of this. Cmon Japan, get to work!

I want to fuck Mythra

Do we have sales figures yet? Seems like XC2 did the best by far but that's only anecdotally.

oh boy, legendary cores

>perhaps I can still face you once more galea
what did he mean by this

I know that they're next to useless just like any other but I still hope that they increase the chance at least a little.

Anyone know where the Mysterious Part F is?
It seems to be in the 7th Division in the Land of Morytha, but I can't find it there.
There were two chests and neither had it.

Unique monster on the bridge.
You need to open a door that requires electric mastery 7 or something like that.

Can someone answer this in a spoiler free way (I guess just yes or no):

Is there a "point of no return" like in previous XBC games, or can you keep playing after the final fight?

What was with the thing in Chapter 7 or 8 that asked if I wanted to call her Pyra or Mythra? Everything still calls them by the name of whatever form she's in. Was he referring to the mech thing?

Go to the area north of the great tunnel and take a right in an opening. do a large skillcheck and it will open a door to a boss o a bridge. Kill it and you get it. Also a warning.

reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/7iyhtk/warning_when_doing_the_riddle_on_the_wall_quest/

not really. You don't have to worry about missing anything

You can keep playing.

I'm there and opened the door that required the Elec mastery, but there's no unique monster there. I'm just at Chapter 8 though so maybe the enemy hasn't spawned yet?

"No."

Yay. I guess that implies no major deaths but it's still better than having to never finish the game.

>Trying to driver combo
>Nia constantly fails to break
Half tempted to do the breaking and toppling myself.

you should probably get off this general and finish up the game if you don't want to be spoiled.

The game saves just before the final boss, and when you beat the game it gives your save file a star noting that you completed it, but otherwise just reloads your save from before the fight. Not saying anyone does or doesn't die in the end, but anything could happen since it's not really a "post-game."

Is there some kind of indicator that you have finished all mercenary missions like for the shops or the game completion?

is the previous world/morytha/saviorites/conduit references to some other stuff or are they just sequel hooks?

I"m on chapter 6 and probably near the end of it and I've got some things I dislike about some points I dislike about the game thus far:
They aren't story spoilers, but still spoilering out of consideration.
>I think the chapter system is shit because it pretty much guarantees that there will be an important plot point or a boss or boss run-in or asspull at the end of it
>It's blatantly obvious when you're walking into a trap.
>Even if you win, you almost always still lose, or the thing you're preventing happens anyways at the end of the fight.

did you take a left after opening the door? might be story locked then. You cant miss it

Yes, I assume it should be here, right?
Will try again once I move in the story a bit more.

Last game Rex and Mytrha is so fucking broken it's not even funny anymore. And once you transform her and do a full burst with four orbs the anything basically melts. This is not fun anymore. Switched him and her completely out of the team now.

They could've made some battles just scripted losses that's true. Always having to win fights even though it makes almost no sense just doesn't seem right.

Yeah that's the spot. He's not unique though, just fights like one

You'll need that kind of stuff for the late game super bosses but yeah its pretty damn strong

>>defeat the three stooges after getting the fetter
>Jin and Malos show up
>Jin Transforms into Shin-Jin
I think I already know how this is going to fucking go.
I love this game a lot, but good god, come on now.
Throw me a fucking bone here.

The game saves after the credits, it returns you to the door before the final boss.

>That lv 28 Speed Runner in the abandonend building in Ardain calling a lv 82 cobra dude when it gets at low health

>tfw love every party member/blade so far
Wierd feel desu

Can you even driver combo the harder shit? It feels like the game outright REFUSES to let you break stuff that is too high which makes doing damage so much harder when you can't ever do driver combos. I also rely on Morag's smash to cement aggro. How are you supposed to even driver combo the shit that is 110+?

Post game, what's the quickest way to farm exp. I noticed when I full burst the end boss it gave me 9999 exp, but I dunno if that's the most efficient with having to skip and reload scenes

I WAS WINNING. I WAS CLEARLY WINNING.
REEEEEEEEEEE

So I completed the game and is there anything else I should be doing thats "fun"?

I'm getting that post-game feeling and I'm not sure if I should do something else or continue playing.

if ontos, logos and pneuma are three sides of the same coin then does that mean those who first awakened them shaped what they turned out to be

Tempted to give Morag Zenobia whenever I finally get her. I can't possibly see how I can use Zenobia on a DPS character without instantly pulling aggro and dying. At least with Zenobia on Morag she can due truckloads of damage during blade combos and get tons of threat. Problem is missing that 15% AGI...

>Siren is still up in space
That's the tightest shit

Chapter 6/7 question!
At what point during chapter 7 do I get Pyra back? Fraction or percentage wise, please.

99%

>mfw have every random blade EXCEPT kosmos which is the one I wanted the most from the beginning.

What do I do with my life?

Reeee
Guess I'll only be doing Chapter 7

Does anyone have a wallpaper of that post-game title screen? You know the one. Would greatly appreciate it, 1080 or 4k.

Some stuff cant be driver combed but for enemies with high resist, equip some items that help you break it. i gave my tora a break enhance item and he breka basically anything with poppi

I have that on but normal enemies and shit aren't a problem. I mean the shit that is actually higher level than you like super bosses. I have never broken a single enemy like 15 levels above me. Why even have that mechanic when they just throw it out the window for anything remotely challenging?

Okay.
Screw every other character. this is the best one.

Who should I bound the Lucky Core Crystal to?

Why even have a mechanic that works for 99% of the game but fails when fighting a mob that's level 115? I don't know man, seems like a waste

where to get whisper tomatoes?

need tons for theory praxis quest

Mòrag.

Driver combos are a staple of combat, they're literally bread and butter combos that lead into fusion combos, that build more party gauge, that reset the blade combo meter. Next to auto-attacks, driver combos are the most rudimentary part of combat and the foundation of teamwork in the battle system. What the fuck am I going to do a full driver combo on, some scrub ass same level mob that will die before I can even launch it? Or some bloated HP unique mob that can't even kill me even if I just let the AI fight it on its own?

Thanks

Dunno, I never really used them and didn't have a single issue because of it. Only time I'd have an issue was if I overpulled and then I was dead so fast I didn't know what happened

Fame and Family is such a bullshit never-ending quest. Whose dumb idea was this?

I find it hard to believe that there could be any quest more bullshit and never ending than Ursula's.

I've literally never had issue landing them on higher level enemies and uniques outside of a single super boss (and with good reason). I've looked through the list of superbosses and uniques and ive done driver combos on most of them. I don't think its as bad as you make it seem and some uniques are absolutely deadly (most being higher hp/damage mobs)

spoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoiler

Nia contributions
>Torna intel
>saved the emperor (but that was a dumb scene anyway)
>punched Rex
>did something in Spirit Crucible
>beat Malos but might as well didn't
>healed Jim

Dromarch contributions
>

Tora contributions
>saved Rex
>Poppi
>saved Nia
>exposed Bana
>indirectly got Mòrag to join
>Spirit Crucible MVP

Poppi contributions
>lifted Pyra
>saved Nia
>beat Lila
>Tantal prison break
>almost punched Rex
>Spirit Crucible MVP
>launched Rex/Green Pyra
>promise

Mòrag contributions
>showed Rex who's boss
>official Ardainian rep
>repelled Torna (M/P)
>arranged transport for 3 destinations
>Tantal prison break
>pep talk for Rex

Brighid contributions
>pep talk for Pyra
>slapped Rex

Zeke contributions
>harassment
>tour guide for Tantal
>avoided Jim's teleport behind him
>pep talk for Rex

Pandoria contributions
>communicates with Genbu

spoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoiler

user... what?

Keep in mind that Kasandra is an HP tank and you're binding them to an AGI tank.

It doesn't actually matter too much though because Tora is the only other person besides Rex suited for tanking and he can't wield blades.

I've seen people saying how some of the party members like Mòrag and Zeke were useless in the plot so I thought it'd be fun to list down what major accomplishments they did throughout the story

obviously didn't get everything though so pls contribute

do you not know what a spoiler tag is

they didn't work for some reason

The monster is unique but isn't marked as one, he respawns like any other monster but there isn't two like him in the game.

Its obvious you don't use this site often maybe reddit is better suited for you?

Use control-s next time after you alt-f4
Delete your post by the way retard

How high we talking? I'm talking WELL over your level but not too high that you can't beat them. 20+ levels higher than you which is very possible to beat mid game and onwards due to the blades/gear available to you. But the fights are tedious as fuck since you can't driver combo shit and when they get to 50% all hell breaks loose because if you can't full burst them to death in 1 go, they can wipe your party with some bad luck. I don't mean I should be able to break them consistently but just every now and then. I killed the level 91 dinosaur at level 55 (I fucked up the quest and didn't retreat) and I never EVER broke him in the 1 hour of attempts I did before I killed it. Meanwhile, I can still do everything else like blowdown, crits, debuffs, etc.

Hopes for DLC?

More about Rex and his harem please

Yay, I own an island.

The fact that they named their enemies, the disappearance of Ontos and the other dimension when they first talked about it really made me think that the "Final Chapter" and the warning on Aion's door were just a huge false flagging on their part and there was like 10 or 20 more hours to the story, especially since the map still have some empty spots, the most obvious being on the right of the world tree.

I guess Tales of Symphonia back then really spoiled me on the whole "The end isn't actually the end" thing.

Performance fixes. Like the crashes.

Yeah, I got him.
For some reason he only starts spawning after you first set foot on the World Tree.

End game spoilers:
Searching for the third Aegis in another dimension.

Any cutscenes involving Pneuma will have characters, notably Rex, using the name you picked

right of the world tree?

conduit fucked off so not gonna happen

new costumes for the waifus
beach episode

>Zenobia asks Zeke to show her the true power of his Eye of Shining Justice
>Zeke nervously sidesteps the question

There's Argentum on the left but nothing on the right, monolith usually hates leaving that kind of holes in the map of their games, see Baten Kaitos.

Well, first up we have new quests. So I hope they expand on some areas and give us more interesting tid bits.

After that, a new blade. Which I am about 75% sure is going to be Fi and the Master Sword, since Link got Rex's armor. They will want to make jokes about the whole Master Blade bit. Not to mention that Fi and the Master Sword work a lot like Blades anyway.

New Story has an equal chance of being a small look at after the game, with a new quad attack between Nia in Blade form, Pyra and Mythra. Or a side story featuring Torna, since they have five members who all have the same roles. 2 attackers (Jin and Patroka), 2 tanks (Mik and Malos) and a healer (Ahkos)

Right then thats just how they designed the system to work since I fought that same dino at around level 70 or so and broke him just fine after a few attempts. The orb system is way more integral to everything and the driver combos are there more to support it when possible imo

>"It is said the Spirit Crucible saps the strength of Blades"
This is going to fucking suck, isn't it?

By far the worst part of the game

Is it even possible for Xenoblade 3 to share the common backstory of 1 and 2? Since both Klauses are gone, what can they do aside from having it take place before all that stuff? I kind of like the mystery of the previous world, would be cool if they never expand more on it but it would kinda suck too.

You can only do level one specials when you get down past a certain point. Tora can still combo though, so make sure he can or else fights will take forever.

great music though

Can common blades have 5 crowns? I just got one with 4 which makes me wonder.

I'll take anything which is related to XC1 with cameos being a wet dream for me.

I remember the AIs randomly being able to continue a Blade combo, no idea what causes it.

Any chance I can turn this purely into a stealth mission or can Deathrun my way to the bottom?

Crisis on two worlds. A new story in the future where you get to play as two different protagonists that each believe another world is invading their own.

I just got Nim and Adenine. Which one should I give to Nia?

It just pisses me off because while I can do full on damage with my blade combos, my tank can never build great threat without the bonus damage of Smash. I unleash a 200k blade combo ender on the dino and I will never shed that threat until I die.

Yes except bosses of course.

I ran past pretty much everything, so yes.

>keep getting shitty commons
I just want Kos Mos

I hope someone does an Ursula any% speedrun.
You start a new file and play normally until Gormott, then you open cores until you get Ursula.
From there you rush until you have the Merc missions, then you stop playing normally and only focus from there on on getting Ursula to max her affinity chart.
Wonder how long that'd be.

Is there anyway to turn Poppi into a decent healer?

I have her and I love her. I like ether cannon move set, long range, easy to combo and her specials look fantastic. The healing one is especially great. Mythra and Zenobia are still better damage wise probably but aren't as cool as the robutt.

XB1: Evil Klaus, Good Meyneth
XB2: Good Klaus, No Meyneth
XB3: No Klaus, Evil Meyneth