/2hug/- Touhou General- 74

I literally just learned how to make a thread edition.

Previous thread:>So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Where should I start?
The games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there. Some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway

1: Arkanoid's drunk abusive cousin
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5: Fighting games

The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist. Once you're done with the main series you can move on to the fangames, of which some are of excellent quality.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/ (For separate game downloading)

nyaa.si/view/979648 (All in one pack)

>How to Touhou for bakas
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>eraTohoK (plus other era games)
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd

>Touhou 16 on steam! Please support the official release.
store.steampowered.com/app/745880/__Hidden_Star_in_Four_Seasons/

>AoCF Demo v2!
mega.nz/#!mclFRapR!b4TEtRSnAi81Y4CZHzjy4dTzJ81V0KDArXfDL6f5PqI

>1cc charts!
imgur.com/a/NdaSE

>Fangames pastebin
pastebin.com/Jc2e0wLm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hnsxLI3Bsdc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ew Satoshit.

You forgot to place the "2hu is a videogame" but whatever

It's good minus the "2hu is a videogame" part at the end.

Shit I forgot the cheeky comment. Eh...

When's Memea? I tried I guess.

Kaneko!

EASY THREAD

>Satori a shit
You take that back mofo.

Oh so this is the final boss. Literally rule 63 Jesus, not sure how to feel about that.

Don't namefag please.

Satori is a good 2hu.

Rumia!

It seems the whole name thingy has to be manually removed, how annoying.

Yukkuris make me feel uneasy :(

>:(
Please lurk for a year before posting.

Getting cheap (you)s is fun!

And I lost, not too bad on my first attempt, if I used my bombs better and didn't die in silly ways I would've defeintly beaten him.
I don't like the game making Sakuya out to be a literal Satan worshiper among many other thing, I guess in this case her being an atheist is actually better.

At any rate I'll be back in a few hours with runs showing the previous bosses, it shouldn't take me too long to beat this game, maybe next attempt will be the attempt.

>I don't like the game making Sakuya out to be a literal Satan worshiper
But user, she serves the scarlet DEVIL

>The person working for a vampire isn't fond of gods
Gee, what a shocker. Then again, Remi does show some religious motifs in some of her attacks.

Remi isn't a literal devil though. Remi even liked it when Aya compared her to an angel if I remember correctly.

Remi killed my family and stole my lunch

They probably deserved it. Remi wouldn't do that without a good reason.

You should # before the number, so it should've been #74.

Also, good Satori pic.
I always appreciate cool 2hu pictures.

After some technical difficulties, my dominance over HRtP was estabished.
Next is Lunatic mode.

Wait is that supposed to be Reimu on the results screen? She looks way different from her SoEW version.

>tfw people don't seem to care about rule 63 Jesus

It's a fanmade OC so...

Also, Miko is already compared to Jesus.

She looks like a generic anime girl made in a failed attempt to stand out.

The game does follow a catholic theme,but I guess she does look kinda generic. Either way, I always liked the designs Ido brings to the table, even if not all of them are that great.

We already have Byakutits for jesus and she's a fanmade OC so she's entirely irrelevant.

Mami's mamis

If she went for a more traditional theme it would had been way better. A beige tunic with some catholic engravings, the hair, red eyes and bandages make her look like something generic and edgy rather than something meant to bring joy and hope like the face of Jesus.

ZUN seems declared otherwise and demanded change.
I guess not every aunties must be busty, huh.

His wife was just jealous.

>oc
>Miko
>tits

Move aside for the REAL Jesushu

More like inventor of the decimal system.

Rumia is descendant of Judas.

Well, her dialogue is exactly what you would expect from Jesus, but yeah, I guess they kinda focused on the wrong part of him, design-wise.

This is some serious hearsay.

Probably because they focused more on those
big crosses you see in churches, like the one on . Jesus isn't exactly the happiest guy on those.

humanity has started using the decimal system.

Is it time to guess again?

What considerations should we take for guessing the returning character besides Doremy? Will every character has established partner like the obvious Byakuren/Ichirin and Miko/Futo, even though the total playable is 19?

What if it's actually 20 and the other one is locked behind PS4 exclusive DLC?

youtube.com/watch?v=hnsxLI3Bsdc

I think she was already well known, so it's not a shock.
Also, we already have Byakuren as our "controversial" savior

I'm counting 18 user, the newhus are probably the blacked out mystery people. 19 might be exclusive DLC.

Count again, there's 19 spaces (20 counting the Random Button). There's someone who hasn't been revealed yet and then our mystery dynamic(?) duo.

Well you're right, the fact they have a giant empty space in the center screams DLC or unlockable character honestly. It's exactly how fighting games do that sorta thing. if Mima was available as DLC, would you shell out for it?

The real newhu will probably be added in the middle.

Yeah, otherwise it would be braindead screen design.

>Shingyoku won't be in
>ZUN won't bring back Mima with "Mima confirmed" as her own urban legend

>be me, villager
>pick up some qt with cool horns at the bar
>take her home, she insists on anal
>halfway through, she shapeshifts into some dude with a funny hat
>also a giant yin-yang orb

Am I gay?

>Mima confirmed urban legend
That's on an entirely different level of meta.

Only if balls touch

>tfw you're your own urban legend

>I have to own a console to fully complete the Touhou experience

Man, I hope PS4 exclusive won't become a trend. Tasofro has no excuse to dig for profit through console anymore now that they have Steam.

Today's runs at GFW were pretty good. I had some progress at Stage 2 during Star's last spellcard.

Turns out graze and shooting recharges your freeze faster, so I thought about spamming freeze on the dissappearing star bullets to deal only with fire ones. Of course that's easier said than done, so I still need practice.

My best REACHED STAGE 3, FUCKING FINALLY. STAR CAN GO FUCK HERSELF. I went to her with 4 lives and barely got out with just 1, thanks to her last again. Also I figured out a "safe" way to cap her first.

After that I continued and my run died to Luna mid, iirc. Then I continued to see how the final boss is like and oh man, these fairies don't fuck around. It honestly feels like I'm playing Lunatic.

At least you're not playing Kingdom Hearts.

I'm feeling pretty unwell right now so I won't be able to do any runs right now, but I can show you some of the bosses of the game from screens I took and talk about them.

This second stage boss was a vampire from the outside world, yes really. Her danmaku is fairly easy for a stage 2 boss. That's pretty much all I can say about her.

For some reason her design is making me think of PC-98 touhous rather than the windows era.

These designs look as if someone took the guide on how to design like ZUN unironically and somehow managed to fuck up. The guy who did this should feel ashamed about himself and read a bit of colour theory.

Third stage boss is like if Nitori went into astronomy instead of engineering. She has the power to see through the future, but as mentioned here, it doesn't mean shit if she can't actually prevent it. Her danmaku can be pretty trippy but it's easy enough to dodge if you remain calm.

She has some nice child bearing hips though.

Yup I agree, these designs are actually really mediocre, they're wayyyy to generic and bland.

We already have 2 superior vampires from the outside world.

>Child bearing hips
she looks like a 2x4 that someone stapled some plastic cones on to me friend. I don't see any curves on that body.

The fourth boss is Lucifer. Yeah you read that right, Satan herself has been reduced to a stage 4 boss (though this game thinks they're too separate people I believe). Her design is literally like that of an Imp and nothing imposing, even Sakuya makes fun of this. But apparently she's oh so strong and she wasn't even fighting you at full power.

Now here's the kicker: Her danmaku is literally a rip off of Okuu's danmaku, I'm not joking, I'll post a picture of it real soon. Her danmaku is also piss easy, despite her annoying timeout spell she's actually easier than the stage 3 boss.

To be honest plenty of fangames tend to have either bland or overkill designs.

She looks so horrible, I feel as if the creator wanted to make normal clothes stand out by giving them flashy and wacky colours.
Nitori on the other hand looks pretty unique and characteristic both in her plain blue dress or in her short and shirt uniform despite her whole outfit being on a non simple colour.

In case you thought I was kidding. The big circles get smaller as they proceed, hmm where have I've seen that one before, and believe me when it's not just this spell card alone.

Actually it seems Lucifer and Satan are actually two different entities.

It is difficult when you have to compete with the old favorites like Yukari, Yuuka, and the Scarlets.

The firth stage boss. Generic anime angel #120931. Oops, I mean she's Saint Michael the Archangel. Honestly I forgot what her danmaku is, all I know is that this is probably the most bland character design out of this entire fangame.

Oh and if you're wondering about the music of the game, it's not that good, I've never noticed any particular songs that stand out.

I just find it funny that ZUN is a fucking master at character designs despite being a mediocre artist. While artists like these can't make a memorable design to save thier lives even when genderbending the most popular historical figures in the world such as Lucifer and Jesus.

What about the good fangame 2hu designs? Are there any OC 2hus you don't think that look horribly?
There are some designs that are kind of plain or others that are subjective to taste but almost every design ZUN has made has been completely great. It's not just those early Windows designs but more like 80/90% of his entire designs.

If you actually disliked the game I suggest dropping it and taking the rest of the series for a spin. TLC is the weakest one by far anyways.

Wow, that really is just "holy warrior anime girl". Why exactly is Sakuya a satanist anyways?

What game has the best cast?
I think it's UFO

Aren't the PS4 games mostly just fangames that are on PC for free?

>I've never noticed any particular songs that stand out.
Jesus theme was pretty good.

It's not that I dislike it, I'm just disappointing in it because an user said that the final boss design was supposed to be really fucking good and it's just a rule 63 Jesus anime girl. Don't get me wrong, I'll finish the game, the danmaku and level designs are pretty good I'll give it that.

Actual dialogue from the game from my memory

>Sakuya: I don't recall being saved by God, I was saved by the Devil

Also I'm pretty sure AoCF is coming to Steam

I was only talking about the classics, but if you want to go further in time, you have people like Seija, Seiga, Hecatia, Junko, Nazrin, Raiko...

PS4 has a port of ULiL with some added content, including a bit of story and the slutty bunny.
Most fangames are not freeware, they're like $10 or $20 in Japan. It's nigh impossible to buy them overseas, though.

Only contrarians will say anything besides EoSD.

>Devil
She probably meant Remi
And no, I never said Iesua's design was amazing, I just wanted to see your reaction to literally fighting Jesus. Sorry for giving you the wrong idea.

>Saved by the devil
But the only "devil" she associates with is Remi, who can scarcely be considered related to satanism or hell.

Literally Koakuma but with ripped clothes rather than a proper dress
The outfit of Saint Michael the Archangel on it's own is perfect, no need to make a generic medieval paladin outfit.
SA, PCB, EoSD and MoF are the only games where I don't dislike any character.

That Reisen DLC for ULiL is PS4 only. That's what I'm kinda mad about.
I know it's nothing much but it's official and part of canon stuff that I have to play even if it's just for a tiny bit of story, and I couldn't just look up on wiki for that.

>Reisen is DLC for the PS4 only
>And the PS4 version of ULiL is japanese only
>mfw
at least AoCF is gonna be ULiL Complete Edition

MoF of course

Maybe if AoCF included that bit of Reisen story in ULiL DLC I could go behind that.

>they end up announcing a PS4/PS5 Version somewhere down the line that includes ANOTHER character that the PC/Steam Release won't be updated to include and as a result the Sony Version becomes the definitive version yet again

>They release a console exclusive DLC
>It's a Mima/Shinki team

Guess what Lunarian scum, the President just signed a directive to colonize the Moon, we're coming back, and this time we're staying

SA

Moon rabbits did nothing wrong, they're simply oppressed persons living under the tyrannical lunarians.

Oh, well I mean even as a strong believer in Jesus like myself, when the final boss came up I was just like "ok". Because the entire story makes little sense and doesn't give me any reason to care about what was going on. It doesn't even feel like I'm literally fighting Jesus anyway.

Hey you can just not like the Aerial fighter games like myself. Seriously I'm surprised they're wasn't a bit of an outrage over them dropping the SWR and IaMP style.

This man speaks the truth.

>Wanting to play the dumb bunneh again

Reisen is fucking cool tho.

Looks like they a need a prescribed dose of Freedom

I'm really not a super huge fan of the aerial fighters, mostly because they dropped inputs for specials and it really doesn't end up controlling all that well in the long run. But still, I gotta at least try to play through all the games, especially if I can play bune.

She can keep her cool while taking my dick.

Why are the lunarians so upset about this? Couldn't they just wave their super-purifying fans and wipe them out in an instant anyway?