/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous: Redirect to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
- Splatoon 2 Map Schedules: splatoon2.ink/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

> News
- Next US Splatfest is sweaters vs. socks! Dec 15, 9pm PST - Dec 16, 9pm PST
- N-ZAP '89 is available for purchase! Sub: autobomb; Special: tenta missile
- Clam Blitz (new ranked mode) and a new patch (containing stage readjustments and balance changes) will be available on Dec 12, 6pm PST! Check the patch notes below for details.
- Film won the latest EU Splatfest!
- Warm outer wear won the latest JP Splatfest!

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> Patch notes
- en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/~/how-to-update-splatoon-2

> Big S2 Gear & Weapon list (contains unreleased weapons)
- leanny.github.io/splat2/

> 2.0.0 Gear list
- leanny.github.io/splat2/newgear.html

> List of possible main abilities for gear from Splatnet so far
- docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18ip1HahYq8DRZRgSEXoRqa915aThLXPb79AFF91HCe4/edit#gid=0

> Loadout planner with weapons, gear, abilities, and stat calculations
- loadout.ink/

> Lobby Randomizer for lobbies
- agent-17.github.io/Splatoon-2-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> Add your FC to the list of FC below:
- docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> List of FC:
- docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

> Splatoon 1 Artbook
- archive.org/details/TheArtOfSplatoon

Other urls found in this thread:

en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/~/how-to-update-splatoon-2
strawpoll.me/14601188
strawpoll.me/14601244
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Which map do you think will be the most fun for Clam Blitz? Which one are you not looking forward to?

I think the Reef will be a lot of fun for it, since it is so large and has a lot of different terrain and ways to travel. I worry about Kelp and Inkblot though, cause they can be pretty cramped and can be a meat grinder towards their bases, so it could be a standoff with good defenders

Marie?

nth for cute yebbies

Only sometimes

Whatever-th for Hoodrat!

Towers is gonna be a nightmare for sure, but Makomart looks the best for all roles to perform well.

A handheld pressure washer from Custom
>works like a brush
>swings have longer range but less power and inking capability and huge damage falloff towards the end
>roll is fast and wide, this weapon's best means of coverage, pretty inefficient

Woomies loving woomies!

squib!

Post OTP

salmonling update when

Woomy!

Adult squids!

Anyone notice upticks of certain weapons on some stages, besides Blaster TC. Like curlers for Moray.

Talk about the game! You were doing so well last thread. I already gave you a launching point Yeah, Towers will probably be a tough one. I can see matches running really long. But I kinda worry that Mako is too long of a map. Hopefully that is unfounded though, cause Mako has been fantastic in all modes so far

what if your woomy fucking loved ink theory and blasted their music on her room all fucking day

It depends on where the nets are in towers. Smaller maps are gonna favor saboteurs and defenders, basically who can keep the shells from getting back to the net, while larger maps are on runners and headhunters. Beacons are gonna be great for large maps.

I like Ink Theory too and bet she'll be real happy when I make Trumpeter-chan my wife and her new stepmom

Well MakoMart was kind of built with the new game mode in mind so I doubt it'll be bad. Also we should put the removal of Towers up to a splatfest vote. Then fucking remove it no matter the result because that map is the physical manifestation of the phrase "I didn't know you could stack shit that high!"

>Talk about the game
Why would we do that? This general is for posting cute yebbies/woomies and talking about our OC inklings

Those are really good points. We'll have to see how it plays out, but I worry that small maps could turn into turtling matches. I think the most worrisome thing would be larger maps with only one or two ways to approach the the net, but that is very dependent on the net placement and if they add inkable walls to allow extra paths. I just hope we don't have and Inkblot RM situations

I'm not sure that you're right about Mako. The trailer made is seem like Shellendorf was THE map for Clam Blitz. I don't doubt that Mako will be good, I just have a slight worry about the length of it

Fine whatever

i hope the art acad version will be good for clam blitz, i love it in all the other game modes so far

Manmenmi!

Is it worth joining a discord? I want more people to play with but not as much drama and shitposting as I see in these threads that apparently come from the discords

>fingernails

channels get slightly off-topic sometimes but it's a good way to actively seek matches quicker than the post limit. probably not worth it, though. I mostly use it to find salmon runners

Really? I think it is good in SZ, okay in TC and bad in RM. Why do you like it so much?

Do what I do and don't talk to anyone unless they want to play. Activating AI mode is the only way to go, you join, you play, you say gg and you leave.

If you want drama and passive aggressive faggotry then sure.

just play with me user im online and up for league most of the time 1376-6261-3138
its good in rm for dem fast wipes, just have to wipe the entire team and get the rm to the pedestal

>I don't doubt that Mako will be good, I just have a slight worry about the length of it
It'll be fffffffiiiiiiiiiiine. And besides, it can't possibly be as bad as
FUCKING
MORAY
T O W E R S

Degenerate shit aside, do you think they'll add content to SR apart from new stages? Like new bosses or new wave types

Just for you

Anything exciting in the map updates in the upcoming patch?

Are you me? I was literally typing a post asking what kind of changes you expect/hope to see in the maps.
As far as I know, we've only seen a change in the ink rails on Moray towers

Arigato user

Salmon run needs new wave types and to be made more frequent. I'm sick of getting about 1-3 special waves in about 60 rounds of play, it's so fucking boring and repetitive

Join the Splat2n discord and just stick to the game channels

Unless you enjoy joining other events

All I've seen is the new moray towers layout and i can't wait to try it, i still don't like that map but the new changes look a little promising. Seems to offer less falling and more options to push your way up the opponents side of the map

>Pilot Goggles with charge up
>I've already had to swap around abilities twice
Why must you toy with my heart like this, Annie?

dot, ban him. He doesn't even play and just wants to suck everyone's dick

Funny thing is all the Clam Blitz photos they've released have been on The Reef, I might be able to do a mock up of team positions if I can get a good overlay. Also found this.

Yeah, but if you don't get the wipe, it can be such a meat grinder, since the map is small and there is only one real path

Moray isn't the worst map in the game

en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/~/how-to-update-splatoon-2
Seems like a couple maps will have less/smaller cover in the middle of them, which will be good for long range weapons. Inkblot and Starfish are being changed, which is a godsend

I dont ban anyone from my discord tho, i just bully em til they leave, unless others do

Towers can never be a good map. It's only in because it was the only map tryhard Charger mains cared about, and then Chargers were taken off of their unreachable pedestal.
If alot of people love each other, the world would be a better place to live.

Wommies in Socks!

Love that pic. All the photos are on the Reef and all the footage was on Shellendorf. I wish I had a good picture to send you of the reef, cause I would love to see your mock up, but my short search turned up nothing

> reduced brightness of the sun, and reduced the disparity in visibility between teams.
what does this even mean
Also what's the point of Rainmaker-free zones? To this day I never understood that

What are your favorite stages /ink/? I gave you multiple choice just in case you can't decide between maps due to certain game modes.

strawpoll.me/14601188

Or do you want Lyle to suck your dick?

YOU'RE FUCKING WRONG THAT MAP IS SHIT
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Running Woomy

So will there be a meme lobby for clam blitz or are you guys just gonna run right into ranked?

I mean, I can probably do a ghetto version in PB, just use an inkbrush to completely ink an area and label that as the position.

Musselforge a GOAT

Anything that has a tricky way to get into "enemy only" territory is a favorite of mine, but I'm a brushfag who loves sneaking around.

>Yeah, but if you don't get the wipe
get the wipe then baka
when does it drop? I could host one

You are me if you also like Manta, Mako and Reef

Damn, if it was in a rotation, I'd recon it, snap a pic, post it to twitter and then put it here for you

Tomorrow night

Sweaters or Socks:
strawpoll.me/14601244
strawpoll.me/14601244

I don't like the game coming down to one play where your team smashed into the other harder than they did to you. I like when you have to cover different routes, and use creative movement to get the win

that little shit

Should join my SRs, I get mothership and grillers a lot.

Im friends with everyone i dont want any of that

>all these foot fags

S'all good, it's just a general idea of where each team member is gonna be sticking to and maintaining.

Whoever's hosting has to play a ranked match first so they can pick it in private battles.

But you can like all three?
>ass and not HIPS

People who liked it did so for fantastic zones layout and because fighting a good sniper is actually tons of fun unless you're a shitter. Now snipers are shit and zones are even shitter.

/ink/ makes a big deal about sweaters when this Splatfest was announced but Team Socks is starting to pull head on my friend list which the vast majority of it is people from /ink/

TC was always the GOAT mode on Towers anyways

Not liking thigh high socks

The only OTP I'm accepting is a straight one. Also there's barely any straight pairs in general.

TC on it is so bad it's still worse than the awful awful zones. RM is fine, I guess, could be worse, undoubtedly the best mode right now.

I wouldn't call zigzagging toward a dude with an exponentially larger margin for error than you fun. Just barely too slow? Partial charge death. Closing in on them? They retreat or kill you using Burst Bombs/Kraken.

>bully em til they leave
you haven't bullied anyone into leaving yet, the only people that have left cos of you are all your close friends and they left cos they don't like you or think your server is shit

Then make one?

Reminder that Callie is for everyone, share her kindly among one another.

>Blackbelly Skatepark on top
Explain. Clearly I have shit taste because it's one of my least favorite stages.

Until Triggerfish comes back it's the best RM speed dunk map. Zones and TC are good on it too.

>dunking rainmakers like an afro-american
Tell me Triggerfish isn't the most exciting map to play on, I dare ya!

How about YOU make one? Only ground I got is Biker X Speedy. A few people were talking about something being made from that about a week ago and I'd say that's about as close as we're getting.

So it's because it's smaller and quicker? interesting

I'm going to be looking to league a lot for Clam Blitz, so if you have any interest in doing that at some point, add me: 3857-1012-2813 drop. Hopefully we can get some diversified squads. I'll be a runner using inkbrush mostly

Should you do Red Hi-tops with run speed or stock ink resistance? Both are good, but I have no idea while would be better than the other.

huaaaaack
PATOO
PATOO
*clap*
rubrubrubrubrub
*wank*
SPLAT
oof I inked...

>Towers is gonna be a nightmare
Obviously the worst map will be a nightmare

I just started playing this game. Why is the starter gun the only one worth using?
I can consistently get behind people and plug them, whereas every other weapon seems to strongly lean in the direction of "git aim or git fucked"
Not really what I'm going for in a game that uses your body as a gyro.

Nothing filled /ink/ squads faster in Splat1 then the "It's Rain Maker Triggerfish time" cry

Blackbelly is more focused and based on gun play, lost more action. However, we all know that Triggerfish is notorious for making momentum based games go wild, which is why everyone loves it.

Well someone said they commissioned something straight involving Art and 4 Woomies. Maybe start from that?

Why are you so fixated on splatting them? Bullying them is much more fun.

I always thought of a Salmon Run based campaign where you go to Alaska and attempt to find the big bois, those being fatty King Salmonid. Since it would be freezing up there, inking turf could prove to be deadly and you'll have limited ink (along with the fact that you could freeze to death). Since you're nowhere near civilization, the difficulty of the campaign would be described as being "up a creek without a paddle."