/domg/ - Dominions General

Ancap edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 3000 units, 900 spells and 400 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/qaccWnMt

>Drawfaggotry
dominionsdraws.imgur.com/

>DOMINIONS 5 IS OUT.

>Where do I get it?
Currently only available on Steam.
store.steampowered.com/app/722060/Dominions_5__Warriors_of_the_Faith/

>Manual
Read it.
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5manual.pdf
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5tables.pdf

>Mod inspector
It's out. Spells, sites, mercenaries and events TBD.
larzm42.github.io/dom5inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
The best way to learn how to play is to get stomped.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1212948582

>Debug mod
For testing stuff.
dropbox.com/s/gc9io6paebo4pj3/Debug_501.zip?dl=0

>How do I change the fonts?
Replace guifont.ttf, guifont_fancy.ttf and guifont_texty.ttf in the game's 'data' folder (C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dominions5\data usually).

>Completed games
Submit them here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuclmaCiRo8vcTztsKjPJxnBgRDE-E1uNvE5j0x5wDZMMhRA/viewform
Results:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OxILAa3Y_O7Vk2NFhKAAQfStHqh1WJXMkGCim9sQ_ns/edit#gid=1292233344

>OP pastebin
Just copypaste it and link the previous thread below.
pastebin.com/RbFWcFcU

>Previous Pantokrator:

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=FashionablyLate
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=LAdomgOPEN
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=maNoStalesPls
strawpoll.me/14601820
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MAdomgOPEN
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

R'lyeh, you joined and alliance and proceeded to defile it in 2 (TWO) turns, I'm pretty sure that beats the record for Fastest Backstabbing if that hasn't been claimed by Malakal yet, if you're not Malakal that is. The fish in the water weep witness to the slimiest being in the world, no better than the land dwellers our alliance was set to crusade against, the pillar of our alliance on which we set to put aside our petty differences and free the world from the scourge that are land dwellers, but alas, you turned out to be a bigger filth, you turned out to be, dare I say, a NIGGER.

And so the hammer of the alliance you betrayed will fall down on you. It makes me sad that you would break our sacred covenant like this, and the honorless roach you are fills me with disgust, your betrayal greatly angers me. I will honor the water gems by which our brotherhood is bound and promptly destroy you. Your waters will be sweetened and/or salted so that no fish may ever live again in such foul waves. Your '''''''women'''''''' will be executed and your tentacles used as carnival costumes.

Or I'll die trying.

6 lads joined so far.

Silent Seas is a placeholder.
I will generate a new map depending on how many players the game ends up with.

JOIN

would going blessmeme on MA/LA Rlyeh be a ridiculous idea? You don't get that much sacreds, but uttervast + the free sacreds you get from void gate are really strong

Void gate sacreds are inconsistient at best and uttervast will be fighting outside your dom. Incidental bless or mage bless only (and you sacred mages suck)

FUCK YOU DIRTY JEW BIRDS

godspeed

I tried going turmoil luck 3, starspawn awake pretender with summoning skill 5. In my AI test game i managed to get the regenerating tramplers and expanded easy. When I played the PBEM I didn't get a summon until turn 7 and it was an immobile tentacle plant. I think the only way to Rlyeh at least LA, is to go scales so you can have an enormous amount of Chaff while you mass mind blasters. I had nowhere near the necessary amount to protect my mind blasters thanks to turmoil scales.

For a moment there I thought you'd devolved into commissioning scat pics.

>implying it isn't batshit
but yeah that one always looks like scat
also if that fabric is her cape, where the fuck did her thigh/crotch go behind that mudman?

Loincloth.

the thing is, after a succesful summoning, even if the summoned thing attacks you, your summoner levels up and they get start summoning more often

i testing a uttervast with shitty scales, but the mindblaster tactic sounds nice too

Yeah it is insane to pay for that art.

what scales would you recommend for good scales for la rlyeh?

Xib wears underwear

Proof?

Turmoil 3 Sloth 3 Death 3 Luck 3 Magic 3

we are theorycrafting good scales for spamming illithids, cancer scales prevent that so you just have chaff and occasional void creatures

the point is to slow the cancer dominion

Growth is the best gold (though it really, really doesn't keep up with popkill), Order will help you recruit more illithids on any given turn, prod is still unnecessary except for meteorites

The turns without summons may have been due to the order bug now that I think about it, but even so its probably a bad strat. You just want order prod magic, so you can build as many lobos and slaves as possible for your mind blasters.

came up with something like this. Should i ditch arcane finesse and just go for arcane command so my commanders can handle all those mindless chaffs?

>Pangaea

Nah, you don't want one guy carting 500+culties around anyway, too vulnerable to sniping.

the best

I would literally never not take luck/magic maxed on LA R'lyeh. I'd also personally fix to dump sloth to 3 because you don't need resources for illithids, and probably reduce order a bit too

You're not going to be able to afford them for long

Should I be building forts on all my highest income provinces for the income percent boost that fort upgrades give?
Or should I build forts far apart to reduce the amount of overlapping adjacent provinces and maximize the productivity of each fort?

If you're resource gated, spread forts. If you're not, don't. Don't worry much about income at all; build forts where you want to build mages

D10T3S3C3L3M3

No reason not to take that.

D3 too, I forgot.

I haven't done an RP version of this game before. It seems like it'd be a lot of fun... Anyone have any tips/rules that is usually seen in RP games?

except you're rec point gated on illithids now, so it may be worth taking some order for early expansion/blaster maxing

Ya I figured the mages are a given but if my bottleneck is gold not resources, I would assume highest income provinces are the best choice, partly for the % income boost and partly to protect them/continue receiving income from them should paths to other forts be cut off.

Join in faggots.

D10O3S3C3L3M3

Order 3 sounds good?

Just spam the trampler units and the smaller version to kill indies, leave harder provinces alone and wait for your Uttervast to wake up.

>tfw elves elfing elves

>tfw no tnn in easports

you want illithids for early war v erythea, lemu, and atlantis

Only one province I can expand to due to connection scale fuckery.

Anyone want to play guess the indies?

70 barbarians

40 heavy cavalry

Throne of Zeus+chickens

If I wanted to be a singing elf, I'd play Sil desu.

>tfw when TNN is crashing the game again

I was gifted this game by someone I know who really loves it and wants me to play multiplayer with him. I've started to crack the egg of fun, but how long is one game supposed to last for a two player game with 3 thrones?

>4 stalers

It depends

Shorter than a game of Civ, assuming you're doing direct connect.

New game: llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=maNoStalesPls

Most people gave up after the game crashed Llamaserver something like 6 times in a row.

Well I'm just doing vs the computer for now, trying to get good at the game. I've just started to wrap my head around most game mechanics, except blood magic.

I figured here was the best place to ask stuff about it.

Maybe the admin should just end it, spare poor llamabeast the trouble.

I finish work at 5:00 GMT tomorrow, and I'll cutoff the sign ups for ma/la domg unless I'm given reason to delay further.

I'm happy to start as is. MA is nearly full and LA is up to 11, so hopefully we get a few more sit ups by the time I get home tomorrow.

Do 'Leisurely Paced' games ever get traction or joiners who don't complain about the game taking awhile? Was thinking of starting a game with 24 hour initial turn timers for the first 15 turns, with 4 additional hours added every 10 turns thereafter, and starting at 25 turns, only requiring turns be done during the week.

There's people who play this who have jobs and other commitments right? I love Dom, but the late-game can be a really really big grind that makes it unfun to play.

The admin vanished long ago. I suspect he was Mictlan or Marverni, who got conquered early. Attempts to contact him in the thread and the discord failed. I kind of still want to keep playing though.

I have had good luck with a 72 hour time. That is with people I know irl though. Sometimes it gets boring and sometimes the extra time is necessary for me personally.

Just reading that gives me the shakes. I'm tearing my hair out waiting for turns on 24h turn timers.

I play with a group of 9 people I know who are divided among every level of skill and commitment. Inevitably, when it gets to turn 45+, someone's life gets crazy with work or something else and we have to take weeks off taking turns or whatever.

Last two games we had someone who was easily in 2nd place go AI simply because they couldn't make their turns.

It's really hard to get everyone on the same page and still have the game move forward at a reasonable pace that keeps it engaging.

>There's people who play this who have jobs and other commitments right?
>other commitments

>jobs

I'm curious...

strawpoll.me/14601820

The autism required for dominions is such that the players are incredibly few and far between.
I'm incredibly surprised when anyone tells me they have irl friends they play with.

I got into Dominions by playing blitzes with IRL friends/friends of friends

It took me 2 years of asking friends and friends of friends who I knew liked board games and strategy games, but I have 2 games ongoing with IRL friends at all times. Some people are terrible at it, others learned quick and are quite scary. Usually the 'worse' players glam on to one of the better ones and the better players get gangbanged in the early turns.

Group chat banter during wars is always great, probably the best part of playing.

Rate my MA Ulm pretender

>llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=LAdomgOPEN
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MAdomgOPEN
>llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MAdomgOPEN

Hope I get lucky then.
Got a prophet to banish that to death
Rape em
Gonna be building forts along the coast and leaving them to Oceania then. Heard they could use the 2 commander points.

MA Ulm is pretty sad without higher path access for boosters or some path diversity

Do independent scouts not exist anymore or am I extremely unlucky?

Unlucky. I get independent scouts semi-regularly.

>specifically given researchers unaffected by drain scales and GOAT infantry with a huge weakness to magic
>pump points into magic and drop your MR even further
at the very least go full drain and put points into paths MA Ulm have poor access to (see: everything but fire and earth)
you'll be able to pump out 5-gem items for a gem apiece, you want to be finding sites of every variety; and for that I'd usually go dormant so my pretender would be free to site search in a reasonable amount of time
order also isn't terribly important, since resources will gate you far more than recruitment points

they're a minority of generic provinces but you still have a good chance of finding them in initial expansion

Dormant Eldest Dwarf with a rainbow that maximizes path booster is the way to MA Ulm. You don't need high Dom, Order or Production, and you can safely take Drain. Luck is terrible.

>path boosters
t. heretic

Something like this is what I mean

If path boosting is heretical then so are Earth Boots and Summon Earthpower, and my Priest Smiths love those

I was just shitposting but that's decent advice, cheers.

So Hinnom is the best faction.

TAKE

YOUR

TURNS

>Come home from work early and take turns
>no turns for this evening

Fug

I was going to but now I think I'll wait

The dwarf is shit. This is just straight up better.

You can't craft the Winged Helm, Flame Helm, or Staff of the Elements with that build. Also Drain 3 is a bad idea. And you're giving up Water access which is stupid because you only need one or two points to boost it crazy high

Dwarf is best.

>all those unused blesspoints

get your shit together

>tfw my favorite mod nation hasn't been ported yet

I can get flame helmet with death skull.
Why do you want high air anyway? All your air gems will go for owl quills anyway.

The drain 3 will make you lose all your gems event meme needs to die. That event can actually appear if you have any drain at all.

Why do you need water?

This guy site searches much better and can cast rituals much better. He can get bane lords which is your best early thug/SC chassis. This is much more important than high air or water which aren't really giving you that much.

MA Ulm has no sacred units except for priests.

>owl quills
>why air?
>why water?
>why not just give a free cap?

>solo blind expand with awake my pretender
>he gets an affliction
>stale
>admin unstarst game and removes me
>admin advertises the open spot before restarting
>rejoin
>solo blind expand a 113 income farm province with my awake pretender
>succeeds with no afflictions

Congratulations, Malakal.

>implying 1 gem owl quills are not by far the best way to use all your air gems. Even if your every researcher already has one you can still be making more for trade and people will gladly buy them for 5 gems netting you 4 gems profit for each.

Last call for Late Age.

MA Ulm doesn't really need help in the mid game with early thugs but if you have death gems laying around you can get a Skull Staff, summon a Mound Fiend, then give him the Staff and let him make Bane Lords. You'd rather not waste pretender turns on that anyway.

High Air and high Water just give you more late game options with elemental royalty, and late game is where Ulm needs help the most.

Water elemental royals that can only go underwater
Instead of air king you can forge a billion owl quills and trade them for gems to get more iron angels or whatever else you want.

>people will gladly buy them for 5 gems netting you 4 gems profit for each
They're barely worth forging at 5 gems a piece, who's going to trade for them?

People who took drain scales to get better bless.
And while they might not be worth forging at 5 gems they are definitely worth forging at 1 gem a piece.