/mhg/ Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Public Beta is LIVE from now until December 12th!, 3 hunts: G. Jagras, Barroth, Anjanath, PS4 only, requires PSN+
↳Paris trailer 10/30: [YouTube] Monster Hunter: World - Rotten Vale Trailer
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: [YouTube] Monster Hunter: World Gameplay Demo - IGN Live: Gamescom 2017
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eCHzFaXizYA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

anyone know if theres a way to disable the cinematic camera effect? where it zooms in on monsters after they show up for the first time each map

>beta will end soon and I still can't fight Pukei Pukei

First for Hammer is fucking god tier again
SUCK IT GS LOSERS

>want to fight pukei
>also want to save his fight and let it be a new learning experience in january
Decisions, decisions.

Huntresses

WHAT THE FUCK YOU CAN CHARGE THE GUNLANCES SHELLS

go naked while you still can, bully a Diablos!

I've noticed people sonic bombing Diablos; where do they get them? I don't see any in the item box

I played a bit of 3 Ultimate, but never really got into monster hunter, if I found GS to be clunky in that game, would I enjoy it in this one?

I'm probably gonna run Long shells now. Full Burst is not as exciting now that you have more options.

Huntress butts

you've been able to for several games now.
I'm about to blow your mind

you can evade out of charging a shell
by tapping up and down with your analog stick, you can change the angle of the charged shot and also hold the charge indefinitely by repeatedly changing angle

Customizable HD sluts soon.
Can't wait for to see what people can do after spending autistic amount of time in that character creator.

It's in the item box I think. It's a slinger item.

@ the user that told me I missed, I see what you mean now.

The reverse weak hit is still stylish as fuck to kill with though, goddamn.

post the other webms, please. i forgot to save them.

welcome to a whole generation ago m8

STOP THIS IS TOO MUCH INFORMATION, I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO DO IT

I want to give Milsy-chan all my horn coins!

That looks like fun.

Being slow and clunky is kinda the point of GS, but they gave it some new moves in MHW that makes it feel more fluid. The shoulder bash is great and working it into your combos is tons of fun.

Meowstress DLC for world.

This game is gonna make me pay the goddamn ps+, can't believe it

I'm kinda torn on the scoutflies. On one hand I can't fucking see them in the daytime on forest without straining my eyes and kinda distracting but on the other hand you basically get super psychoserum using them when you fill up the tracking meter and having GPS on these big maps to get to teammates ASAP is great. On top of that they show me when I can snag stuff like watermoss when I cant spot it myself while sprinting. It's a nice adjustment to make up for things not standing out like a sore thumb other than mining nodes.

Also, LBG>Funlance>CB, POST EM

>when the hunters crawl under some rocks
>them glistening thighs
We dragon dogma again uh

>can't make loli huntresses

good lad

3nF22xhfhGwy

diablos

Wait for PC mods

wait 1+~ years for ps mods

Stop!

tfw no loli huntress with cute, petite, pale loli bum to flaunt

this is the one hhhhh fug

tfw no guild marm gf

gjgj lost roth team, good bois

Never had the pleasure of hunting with anybody else, if anyone wants to hunt Diablos the room is:

6bAav6RFKuAR

Anyone wanna start a goof room like last night?

I really like the Switch Axe

is the CC really that good? it isn't basic shit like skin tone/eye/hair color?

It's a fantastic weapon, the fully charged special that also mounts the monster is just so satisfying

>Mounting is even worse this time
fukkk

An user from another imageboard it says the game runs awful in PS4 Pro. It says there a video where is tested in all settings and didn't go from 41 fps.
Is that true?

so what's the deal with the prompts
is that just a demo thing or full game? for the mounting i mean

>there are too many weapons
is this the new "where's the lockon"?

Lets kill the Rathalos!
3NizwFKyhFGR

no. look it up, its very in depth like most modern rpgs.

>finally give axe mode the ability to go straight into chopchop
>it doesn't matter because they also gave the sword mode even more attacks to spam
>they also give it a damage boost for spamming hard enough

I do love the new GS.
It's just that GS is not feeling... "dynamic" enough to keep up with faster moving monster in this game, while the new LS make it more flexible.

i know right
everyone knows that you only need a hammer, gunlance, and switchaxe anyways

I thought the Scoutflies were a thing that would, in fact, lend credit to the "casualiztion" of World
Instead, they cut down on the tedium and what can be considered the worst part of the MH games

its a demo thing. they go away after a while in the main game and you have to watch the monster/look at the minimap to tell what to do

youtube.com/watch?v=eCHzFaXizYA
on par with the japanese 3d hentai overlords

So I just tried the Beta and so far I had fun of it even though I had no idea how most of the stuff worked.
Like for example I took the bow, picked a certain typ of arrows but I don't seem to be using them up or using them at all? I have no idea how the hell to select them.

Questions.

Is the Multiplayer always going to be Missions with a single objective you have to accomplish in a limited time?

Will it always be like this that you just search for the monster ( which is extremly easy) and just go absolutely ham on it with your team? Or is there going to be required a bit more of a thought process?

>haha bad thing good thing
/v/ is over to the left, friend. they actually appreciate dead memes

That's kind of how i'm feeling, just wish they would change colour to like a blue in the forest so i could see them in the bright areas.

1 more
3NizwFKyhFGR

Can we appreciate both, the sliding mechanic down slopes and how fun it is, as well as the progression of time on hunts? Like the day night cycles make the world feel more alive.

It's monster hunter. You take hunt quests, go out, hunt. Sometimes you capture them. As you go the hunts get harder, you get better materials, and you get better gear.
You can go on a free hunt if you want that just dumps you into the map.

Personally i gladly welcome the fireflies, buut what annoys me is the fact that the jungle/forest level is just a giant vertical maze and it's super confusing, those fireflies helped me greatly

GDv8YvMvFN

Need 2 for rath

i love both of these things a lot.

Someone make a naked only rathy hunt

You scroll through the coatings by holding L1 then hitting X/Triangle, then hit Triangle by itself to equip them.
As for missions, I doubt there'll be anything but hunting or capturing objectives, maybe a partbreaker one here and there.

This I can agree to, being able to pin things like teammates or the monster once they find it and make a bee line there is fucking fantastic

oops wrong ID

GDvx8YvMvFN

getting error

>all the mhw /v/ shitposters got btfo in the span of a weekend
damn...

>Solo clear both forest and desert on CB
Launch the game now, I'm fucking ready

Didn't think we would get him

Is there anything I can do if Diablos gets me pinned up against an angled wall and starts charging? Or do I just accept my death at that point?

Who's fucking idea was it to make the consumer use some weird combinations of text and numbers, not to mention being case sensitive, for rooms instead of numbers that you would often see in a database

>You can even change the background of the character creation so you can see what your character would look like in the various different environments of the game
Jesus

Superman dive. It's full invul.

Sounds good, I guess I should've clarified that clunkiness to me isn't how slow the weapon is, but how well each of the attacks flow, I loved how slow the GS was but hated that the attacks were all start>stop>start

Hunting diablos then jyura
FEQPEbDuvte

If you have shield, wake up fast and unsheathe shield position.
If you don't, superman dive.
If you don't have time for it or is stunned, RIP.

>all these fags suggesting you to be a wagecuck slave to your jewish overlord bosses
>pay taxes like a cuck

Become a neetbux lord. Thanks you your wagecuck taxes, I could afford a PS4 pro, a year of PSplus and Monster Hunter World (plus all paid DLC that comes with it).

Thanks cucks.

So, considering the previous MT framework games on PC have supported 144hz, I guess this will be the same case no?

Maybe I'll need to upgrade my meme970 finally.

Please respond.

Yeah I just hope that maybe more than just search thing and then hit thing until its dead could be done.
Like take a smart approache. Watch the patern of its path, search out its resting place etc. and set up traps or seal off its escape options.

But its cool thats its going to have open world gameplay. You would be able to team up there with others and hunt specific stuff right?

Yeah I played around with the wheel thingy and all I ended up doing was using some powders left and right.

is pierce shot as shit as it seems to be this time around?

Also, does capcom have a bug reporting contact or something? I wanna complain about wyvernsnipe getting caught on the level geometry right infront of the barrel waaaay too often

I haven't really extensively tested much, but on a Pro I'm getting decent frames when lots of stuff is going on, solid 60 when you're at basic areas like the desert/forest's beach area

Is this shit really full? I post rooms and get nobody

>runs horribly
The frame mode is great, runs 30-50 depending on amount of particle/monsters/hunters on screen. So if you're a "VETERAN" of the series it runs better than almost any other entry at 1080p

Its only for the beta. We will gey classic lobbies in the full game
Sorry user, the answer is literally works on my machine. I had no problem on my old as fuck ps4

Pierce does fine for me granted I hit good angles on weak points.

They've sorta fixed that now. There's still a lot of start/stop going on, but you can shoulder bash out of any of your charges now, and your bashes can be linked to higher tier charges so you can skip all the way to the GS's strongest attack really quickly.

You can do stuff like First charge move -> cancel into shoulder bash -> second charge move -> cancel into shoulder bash -> final charge move. It's also worth noting that the damage and amount of stun the shoulder bash does is linked to the amount of charge you have when you cancel into it. The tier 3 charge does quite a lot of damage. The bash also has super armor so you don't get thrown around when you get hit during it.

Post a room right now and I'll join you user

Now just turn Hunters for Hire into pawns and i'll never need another videogame ever again.
>"Mucus...an Anjanath has passed through here. We'd best be wary."

Anyone know how to make the game run better on a non-Pro PS4?

Diablos NAKED, DB ONLY
LbsJdceDpM8

>"Jaggi hunt in packs!"

Why can’t people understand a mid-range performer from 2013 can’t run an ambitious 2017 game at 60fps 1080p
are people so far into the shitposting they actually believe it?