/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Patch 1.07
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/20/tekken-7-version-107-update-includes-balance-changes-new-cha.html
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

bandainamcoent.com/news/tekken-7-community-vote
twitter.com/ItsJustinNelson/status/940384851890491392
uk.ign.com/wikis/best-of-2017-awards/Best_Fighting_Game
youtube.com/watch?v=HBIxbgTu6qk
youtube.com/watch?v=VEQQbCPOuaI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bandainamcoent.com/news/tekken-7-community-vote

Remember to vote.

I love KingJae!

im gay

its sad that aris will win over thatblastedsalami cause their videos are such high quality
i like aris too but as far as a tekken content creator TBS is the best for tekken right now.

Where's Jae?

nu aris is shit tier. old aris had the legit guides. what happened bros?

twitter.com/ItsJustinNelson/status/940384851890491392

uh hey keep it down
you guys are supposed to be funny on tuesday
but thanks

n0pants is the content creator of the year, not aris

>tfw wanna use Xiaoyu's taunts because they look cute but don't actually want to mock my opponent

a pity that they are called "taunts"

Jae one of the realest. Jae been keeping the eu scene alive but namco don't recognize.

in guilty gear, the taunt button is called respect

everything drag does feels like hes always +

thats cause he only uses 4 moves, 3 of which are + on block

Even better you have a taunt and a respect input with different animations and taunting makes you lose meter.

I hope none of you actually filled this shit out.

you can just type any old shit in there in the format [email protected]

stopping posting my jav address pls

>go against a Paul nigger
>they don't stop pressing buttons
>just spam lows over and over
>win 5 games
>demote him down to warrior
so this is why people think Tekken is hard huh

If Aris is a God at Tekken like people say why doesn't he compete? I honestly never saw him playing at any tournament ever.

he's not a god. he's just good relatively speaking compared to the majority of people but not good at a competitive level.

>If Aris is a God at Tekken like people say
Who says this?

>its near impossible to go against characters who gimmick if your character doesn't have good gimmicks
very good

He's not a god. He's good at Tekken and was in the community for a long time. Not every high level player is good enough for tourney nor will they emerge from pools.

PC or console, /tekgen/?

ps4 is tournament standard atm but pc version is better

vote tekken for best fighting game
uk.ign.com/wikis/best-of-2017-awards/Best_Fighting_Game

ps4 will reign once again come thursday

i play on pc famalamalamalam

>tfw I won't have to deal with rank resetters anymore
I can't wait.

You can make smurfs just as easily on ps4.

Can't you just make a new profile on PS4 or did they change that from PS3?

>he thinks ps4 will save him from that

Why would I lie?

Why what is going to happen on thursday?

input lag fix

everyone can finally be one big happy family on the ps4

>input lag fix
For the Arcade Stick aswell?
And how much will be fixed?

>on ps4
why would i buy a ps4 to play Tekken with worse graphics and having to pay for the privilege of going online?

>just went against a 400W Vindicator Gigas
so they DO exist

I don't get it.

there is no issue with arcade sticks and input delay besides you sticks delay most quality sticks besides the qanba sticks are pretty much the same as first party ds4 in terms of delay.

I think he means people who play Gigas are rare
I saw my fourth Miguel player ever yesterday, those are like unicorns. Sucks that I shat on him because i play him too so I know the matchup and he left pretty much immediately

why do hopkicks highcrush

You're inputting your jabs 6 frames too late

not all hopkicks are created equal.

Qanba has no notable difference in input delay compared to the other sticks. Saint and Tokido use an Obsidian while JimmyJTran uses a Dragon, if Qanba had notable input delay they would have all dropped their sticks for a different brand a long time ago.

>another day another rank up
>almost got a second rank up but choked twice and got denied
Relearning this game was the best decision I made. I'm almost back to green and honestly I think I can maybe hit yellow before the end of the year if I keep polishing my skills.

The Dragunov vs Jack matchup is very lopsided in Dragunov's favor right? Currently struggling with that shit and not looking forward to the den of Dragunovs that I hear lurk in high green to yellows.

you post your opnions, i post facts

youtube.com/watch?v=HBIxbgTu6qk

youtube.com/watch?v=VEQQbCPOuaI

top player use and win with laggy sticks, doesn't change the fact that they are laggy

Aris is good but not at Tekken, just Soul Calibur and NRS games

Fine there's a twinge of difference in latency. Doesn't have any effect on me nor the several top level pros who use it. Not to mention I remember Saint retweeting an Asian review of the Obsidian and how it's one of the most precise sticks on the market and overall is a gem of a stick with the other notable one bring the Omni.

The problem with the Pantera is that it's Razer so it's the most probably to hardware failure as always. Pantera seems better than previous Razer sticks but I've still seen several fail but no Obsidian or Omnis fail. Pantera also has the issue that to get the "high performance" the USB leads are done differently so it can really get the power it needs to run optimally. This is a problem since PS4 has an issue where arcade sticks can cause the USB ports to shut down and require a system restart due to the load being too heavy for the piece of shit console to handle. Because of this Pantera is the stick I've noticed causes this malfunction to happen the most out of any peripheral and the majority of the resets required end up with a Pantera users involved.

No stick is perfect but I trust Qanba and Etokki way more than Pantera due to Razer not being a bastion of quality.

evens I play shaheen
odds I play paul

>I honestly never saw him playing at any tournament ever.
I guess you're blind then, because Aris used to be in tournaments and did well in them all the fucking time back in the day.

everytime im against law i just let them win, he has too much offence and keeps shitting on me

panthera's and madcatz have the grounding issue, yes.

real niggas just use the newer ps4 hori's

what rank

marauder

3rd dan

Aris is good at tekken but he's slipped a lot as a streamer and isn't in competitive shape. He completed at CEO earlier this year and he did well there, but the thing is streaming and commentating is so much more lucrative than him that he has no reason to go to stuff like Wednesday night fights anymore and he doesn't have other places to get good sets in against people near him.

He's definitely way better at Tekken than NRS. He's not bad but if you see how he faired against Sajam who is an NRS native you see how amateurish Aris is. Then again I've heard he's much better at Moron Kombat than he is at Injustass.

>real niggas just use the newer ps4 hori's
Fuck that Hayabusa lever, it feels disgusting. It's a fine stick but I don't know how you can play with that limp thing.

>muh Lei
>muh Anna
>muh Marduk
Why no interest for Zafina?

hori stick but replace lever and buttons with sanwa and you have the best stick

I just put a 2lb spring on it and it feels fine

She sucked in pretty much all regards. Also the rest of them were in more than one mainline game.

>falling for this stale bait

>sanwa

she dead

There isn't nearly enough muh Marduk on here if you ask me

This got me curious as to what sticks other players use. Does anyone know anymore ?

>23 wins / 194 loses

I too want Marduk back my friend

>Pick Yoshi against my friend that mashes
>Fuck his brain up

He's pretty fun

muh Lei
muh Armor King
muh Julia
muh Marduk
muh Ganryu
muh Mokujin

What's the point of moonsault slayer?

I don't understand how to punish anything in this game
all the moves seem absurdly quick on block, everybody has some evasive stuff they do to dodge my moves. I spend entire rounds blocking because I can never tell when it's my "turn"
I'm so shit at this game god fucking damn

Our guy uui is playing rip.

Is there something special involving the twilight conflict stage and Lars?

you need to recognize the move you blocked in order to punish it properly. it takes time.

How in the absolute fuck do you do the blue sparks version of Jack's ff+1 qcf,d/f+1? I can consistently get the launcher off of it, but that's not what's supposed to happen. Have I got the timing wrong or something?

Fuck you Armor King is better.

It's a just frame

Any of you play with a crown lever? Thoughts on it?

you have to shout ONE in order for it to work

How important is it to know all the character's commands?

special theme on potential match point.

Yeah, that. Is there any special reason for that of if that happens with other characters in other stages?

>rematch in orange rank
>long pause
*syncing* for a good 5 minutes

>anything below green ranks
>rematch
>it goes through

what the fuck is going on? is there a way to desync your opponent or is it T7 being installed on my HD instead of a SSD?

Will Asuka win?

theyre great, i really dont have any negative things to say.
good amount of resistance, snap back to neutral wonderfully, build quality feels great, you can really yank them without feeling like you might break something.
the only problem i have with it is that i dont really like bat-tops, i just cant get used to it and it just feels weird. im thinking of getting one of those conversion kits so i can fit a balltop on it to try it out

i cant tell if my game is stuttering or if its all the screen tearing

What's lili's backturn mixup? it feels like everything gets interrupted.

does anyone actually like playing against Akuma/Geese/Eliza?

what will she win?

Eliza yes, Akuma is more annoying but not that bad, Geese is cancer.

Fresh OC

it's alright, saved

Damn, this thread is dead just like the game's online...this makes me sad.

bishima

Underrated post