/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1115 - chris Edition.

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OF0NL1WalDE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*sits*

Reminder to not bully Tails

Worst edition in a long time; congrats OP, you are a new level of faggot.

christmasu

Best ship is here.
Beep beep and/or permavirgins need not apply.

>>Because a comic about Sonic beating up Eggman with one liners would get boring after about 5 issues
Who said it had to just be those two? You can use the entire cast, you can use new characters, just don't clutter it with tons of dialogue. Make the book the equivalent of a given tournament arc: an excuse for the artists/writers to make some fucking sick fight scenes and not much else
Go and read any Big Two comic and tell me it wouldn't be better with all the dumb exposition scenes replaced with well drawn fight scenes. Why can't Sonic just be "Turn your brain off" type entertainment
They're tedious because of all the stupid dialogue that doesn't need to exist
Don't have a team then. Have occasional team ups but save them for special occasions. Hell, have something like Sonic and Tails teaming up be a special occasion

ring ring pick up phone please

>Why can't Sonic just be "Turn your brain off" type entertainment
Because even "Turn your brain off" entertainment tries to give context to a lot of their fight scenes.

You're fighting Eggman and this guy slaps your Emerald's ass. What do?

I wonder where cuckanon went.

Best ship coming through.

Yeah. Let's take off the kids gloves.

Your ideas sound boring as fuck desu

I care more about peep being ok

This. Even action movies have a story, gives reasons for a lot of their fight scenes & has breaks from the action. What "turn your brain off" entertainment does this user watch?

Some of you guys are alright. Don't go to school tomorrow if you live near Green Hill Zone.

And there's no reason why that can't just be given in a blurb before the comic begins. Just use it to get the fluff out of the way and start in the midst of the good stuff
Would you rather have 15 pages of dumb exposition, 5 pages of banter, and maybe half a page of shit actually happening

So does Omega just watch or what?

>no walls of text
>no 50 characters on the page at all times
>Chrus fucking owned
Kino page sempai

I'll let him take it, the Ultimate Life Form will be able to use it better than me.

I just want Ian to tone down the fucking memes and references and I'll be happy.

Point him in the opposite direction of the DAMN fourth Chaos Emerald.

>Don't have a team then. Have occasional team ups but save them for special occasions. Hell, have something like Sonic and Tails teaming up be a special occasion
I don't mind the team, but they should have been split up more often.

Probably backtraced by the cyber police.

He films and releases their sex tapes.

I don't know but it sounds like he wants dbz without talking or even a bare minimum setup for every conflict

>Why can't Sonic just be "Turn your brain off" type entertainment
Because Michael Bay, The Asylum, etc. barely sell anymore and are only remembered for the memes. Like said, even capeshit-tier popcorn flicks put at least some effort in.

Only now have I noticed the magic carpet.

>start in the midst of the good stuff?
And have no sort of transitions? Please never write anything ever.

What's wrong with Shadow?

She hasn't been in any threads since cuckanon showed up.

Equally as boring as Flynn's writing.

Did they kiss?

Seal him underground for 50 years.

bing bing Silver a gross
youtube.com/watch?v=OF0NL1WalDE

Uh oh.

Just because you think no action = nothing happening means you've got a fucking awful opinion of storytelling.

I'm very much a character-driven man. I like to see characters develop. Now this means I get a slight dislike of lore-type films and books, but when Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan chat shit in Rush Hour, I consider those to be better than the (admittedly very good) action scenes.
It's about progressing characters.

So when Amy teases Shadow, or Nigel threatens Rouge, it progresses characters.
It shows that Shadow is proud, doesn't show it in front of Amy, is actually jealous. It shows Nigel has some power behind him, it shows animosity. It shows that there has been bad history.

If these ideas are expanded upon, (which they would have been) then it would have added up to a build up and a payoff.

Which is what storytelling is.

Never write anything ever, please.

I hope everyone is having a jolly, Sonic-filled night tonight

Which is still off because even DBZ has moments that stops the action & tries to tell a story.

Incorrect. She hasn't been on a few days before that.

This too. There's a reason Michael Bay's shit no longer sells. I know this user is just shitposting, but the point remains.

But then there would be nothing to write. It'd be a silent comic.

>mobians

>Saying "Mobians" in the Sonic X universe.
Immersion ruined.

fuck you, sonic. I'm losing my mind being around my family. I want to go back to my lair

Lets compile a list of forbidden words.

>mobian
>canon
>ages

I am, thank you!

Almost like she doesn't want to be stalked by some creeper, really makes me think.
No, she was around when he first appeared, trying to figure out where he heard her voice.

No, I'm stuck in a re-run.

>Immersion ruined.
Thank god, you could have died.

*beep*

>but when Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan chat shit in Rush Hour, I consider those to be better than the (admittedly very good) action scenes.
That's fun too, but a lot of the dialogue revolves around describing the situation and reacting to it. It's boring.

You can only take one. Which one do you take?

I hope I didn't scare her off.

toes

I was going to to have a Sonic filled night but my harmonica broke. I've been trying to learn Emerald Hill and Fist Bump but now I can't practice anymore.

>list of forbidden wordswordswords

From looking at the Discord, you haven't.

The laughing one is really cute.

>bing bing wahoo

Is there a Discord for /sthg/?

Don't worry, her bf GHPchad will protect her from you.

>Silvaze.
>Nega.
>Arin/Egoraptor/Game Grumps.

of the ones shaped like sonic's head, the middle one

Yeah, they're the ones that sent us their Secret Santa wishlists for Xmas so we could buy them stuff.

it's been months but I still feel angry when I see this

>Sonaze
>Blaze
>Spacepanther
>Also I'm having a shitty and stressful time desu

It was also so people here can ask for stuff too. They also made it clear from the moment it was made that nobody in the Discord or general should be surprised if they get nothing because nobody is obligated to gift anyone anything. It's just a thing they got from other Veeky Forums boards.

There is.

>Iizuka
>Wisps
>IGN

>Muttski,

I agree with the assumption of Muttski because he's spent the most time with Sonic and the Freedom Fighters out of the other three options. But my next question is what ability type would he be? Antoine and Sally can pull off the speed type, Bunnie and Nicole have shown the capabilities to be in the flight type and Rotor has definitely got the bulk of a power type. The only other type I can think of for Muttski is the power type, but even then, I'm not quite sure about that.

>A: The FFs appear at all
>B: they're main characters again
>C: they're unchanged

The first one I can understand. Though I don't think the latter two criteria are important enough to affect the chances of Muttski, Lupe, Dulcy or Griff being recruited into the Freedom Fighters if their hypothetical origins are different enough to be an independent unit from Sonic and his friends. For all we know, IDW could retcon the Freedom Fighters into a group of eight or nine of the kids from SatAM.

Sorry for responding late.

>two
>worlds
>Burning
>boost

>Sonic
>Adventure
>3

What's /stgh/ opinion on Aaron "Mememan" Webber?

Honestly, that'd be fine. HAve all the dumb shit before the comic, and the comic itself just be beautifully drawn action scenes
Nah, it's still dumb slice of life shit. If it was an action page that'd be great
Have you ever heard the phrase "In media res" before?
This. Why do we need to see shit like "How will X character react to this" in a fucking action movie? It should be more about the action itself. Sorry I don't like needless filler bullshit in my mindless entertainment. Besides, I doubt any kid cares about " character development" or inane bullshit like that. They wanna see their favorite characters doing cool shit. You don't see toys of characters sitting around and doing nothing now, do you?
DBZ has way too many moments where characters stand around and explain shit or boast about how strong they are. It's fucking boring

Sonic can't stay 15 forever. Even heroes grow up sooner or later.

Completely based, glad he shares my love for GG. If I could upvote a human being, I'd give him all the karma in the world.

>Also I'm having a shitty and stressful time desu

Was spacepanther the one who used that excuse or what? What's the story behind that funny joke phrase?

>/stgh/

I like him enough.

>Game Grumps

> I doubt any kid cares about "character development"
I loved a lot of shows when I was younger solely because of the characters & seeing them interact & grow. You're trying too hard now.

Could do without him

And he'll still reel them in

I need to know.
Have you ever read a book?

Failing that, what's your favourite films?

>Sonic the General Hedgehog

He seems like a genuinely nice guy who likes Sonic and loves his job. I just really wish he would tone down the memes a little bit. I think Sanic/&Knuckles/Ow the edge/etc. have all been run into the ground at this point. I also wouldn't mind if he stopped shilling Game Grumps so much on the Twitter and streams. Other than that he's a pretty cool guy.

Of course I have, but you can't just "lol let's in medias res everything XD"; that's not how in medias res works, you mong. You start forward with the goal of flashing back and showing/explaining how you got there. A text infodump does NOT work with that.

Yeah, he wanted everyone in the thread to agree that Blaze was the best character because he was having a bad day. It only went downhill from there and now he is a living meme, a shell of his former reddit page.

I know & he already has.

Kek, beautiful.

>general hedgehog

Fucking hell I need to sleep don't make me laugh like this.

>Stu, that's 144 Silvers!

Oh I am laughin

I hate you. For making me laugh, ya bastard

>Spacepanther says Blaze is one of the best characters in the franchise
>Other people say she's good but they don't know if they'd go that far
>He gets angry and argues with everyone, demands to know what other people consider "better"
>People tell him to calm down and not be so autistic
>He explains "Can I get some nice posts/pictures of Blaze? Also I'm having a shitty and stressful time desu" or something close to that
>Gets mocked because it was so funny and sad at the same time