/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Public Beta is LIVE from now until December 12th!, 3 hunts: G. Jagras, Barroth, Anjanath, PS4 only, requires PSN+
↳Paris trailer 10/30: [YouTube] Monster Hunter: World - Rotten Vale Trailer
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: [YouTube] Monster Hunter: World Gameplay Demo - IGN Live: Gamescom 2017
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Previous hunt

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yfs6pQXfKPw
youtube.com/watch?v=Y6jrAZWvk9Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Three and a half hours left

Waiting for rathalos

64YrX2DdxLxd

I've achieved the highlight of my two day run, so I'll be satisfied throughout the 6 week wait.

>wanna hunt Diablos with /mhg/ but feel like too much of a scrub
I mean, my skills are decent, but I only reached High Rank in 4U recently I don't wanna fuck up the hunt

You have 9 carts in the demo. You'd be hard pressed to fuck up the hunt alone.

Don't worry about it nigga just have fun.

I managed a 9:30 Rath! I suck so I'm proud of this

No, if you were able to 9:30 Rath with a melee weapon in the demon you're good.

Hello friends. I'm a PCfag who's considering getting the new game when it comes to PC, as MH has always seemed neat but not enough to justify buying another console just to play.

However so I don't go into the game as a casul babby, I figure I should at least give an older version a go.

What older MH game emulates the best and you think would be good for "baby's first monhun?" And as I don't think any kind of online works with emulators one that works well in singleplayer too.

But that's actually good.

Is the demo ded yet?

Great Jagras vs HH 2'35"933
I have a 5'20" Barroth uploading with HH as well, I'll try to do Anjanath before the demo ends
youtube.com/watch?v=yfs6pQXfKPw

Follow this, though MH3U in the past month was made playable in Cemu with only some visual glitches and no multiplayer capability yet.

h-he's just sleeping, right?

>demon
demo

Don't, World will be a perfect starting point for new players. If you simply feel like you must don't play anything from gen 2 and back. nShould also let you know that no PC date has been confirmed yet.

Honestly, don't know the state of 3DS emulation, but 4U is the best game to start the series with.
FU is an old favorite of many, but quite badly aged.
P3rd is more modern and offers all of the 3rd gen wonders with no obnoxious underwater combat.

btw if you guys know what camp to start and where to look to find Anjanath quick that would be very helpful

3 hours, 5 minutes to go.

Asked this in the last thread, but I'm still curious about how this will impact the series.

Being able to sprint while healing? Does /mhg/ think this is a detrimental mechanic, or just streamlining?

how do I TP back to camp

every time I play online I see people whistle and go back to the camp but I don't know how to do it

Press touchpad, click on any camp.

ROOMS

7ymzYrGxTszb here you faggot, we are going after rath

Just a reminder? that even tho mh2 is japanese only, theres an english translated version of the game, including the online missions as well

2 more

Playing MH:W. How do I get good at the Insect Glaive? Every other weapon I use seems so much better, I just can't do anything with this weapon. Any tips?

Fuck off big guy l. You better not fuck up this rath hunt

fCAXMhkbiAu need one more

Diablos then Ratholos

it's a mechanic that falls in line with all of the other mechanics changed in world

Any room for 2?

you need red juice before you can do anything

Do rath instead of anjanath.

Anyone else using Lances on release? Simple to use, but practical, with great defensive options.

Rath

4h3wRcnJ6Rdb

So does Diablos have a crazy high KO threshold or something? Just tried to Hammer him and only got 2 KOs in the entire 20min. Paralyzed him like 5 times though. I was focusing his head the entire time.

Also damn son, I could never really use the Hammer very well in previous games but it just feels so natural now. Which is weird considering the bread&butter moves like the uppercut are all the same as they used to be. Maybe they tweaked the timing on the charge?

>not even bothered to mention F2
>not playing F2 then transfer the save to FU to truly experience the gen 2
Whoever made this list a PLEB!

Got 4 KO with HH & hammer, affinity mix set if that helps

I'm noob. What's the use for the wyvern egg in the rathlos nest and how do i make the scoutflies lock into him instead of the quest target?? also, do i suck because i cannot kill him?

in the full game you can take the wyvern egg back to your home and hatch it to get your very own monstie you can ride

Hmm, I must be doing something wrong then. Which attack(s) should I be doing when I paralyze/KO him? He always seems to move his head out of the way just in time to break the Big Bang chain, should I just do charged Big Finisher or Golf Swing instead?

Also, any particular openings I should be watching out for? It feels like the only move I can safely hit him with is the uppercut.

says the user posting on /mhg/

Eggs have no use for the beta right now, but they'll be one of the objectives in quests once the game launches. Your scoutflies will track the trail of the monster you find a trail off, don't know if they are locked to the quest monster but once you find the Rathalos is pretty easy to find him with the map. And no, Rathalos is not an easy prey for begginers even less so if you don't carry the appropiate gear with Fire Resist and flashbombs (There should be some in the camp i guess, never bothered to check honestly)

Fuck, switchaxe feels amazing, jumping on their tail and going full kamikaze

Did you press circle first with hammer for power up?

I usually just do whatever attack the timeframe allows me to do

Here's Barroth in 5'20"
youtube.com/watch?v=Y6jrAZWvk9Q

Ok I'll try my best, don't have much time tho

What is the reason for your ire? There's no need to be rude.

how the fuck does mounting work ?? what button do i have to press to mount a monster

Posts like this makes me happy

jump attack on a monster, but it doesn't always work

Yeah, it basically just makes all of your attacks better for free, right?

That run was pretty good practice for fighting Blos in general though. Melee range with no defensive options taught me how to I-frame pretty quickly.

That's sound awsome
Strange, i found only rathlos tracks so i thought they would lock on him. Instead they did nothing. Maybe i hadn't found enough tracks. Yeah he kinda destroyed me even if the second time i tried with the fire resistant armor (don't remember the name, the red one)

>Tfw regular bow sucks

Dumb frogposter.

click r3. Also, that dude is kidding it's just for points.

Striking the monster's back while in the air builds mounting damage, when you deal enough you mount it.

Guys new guy here. What are the best beginner weapons? Playing Generations.

>paratoads use the same skeleton as tetsu and zam
why is that so amusing to me

Hunting Horn

It definitely does not, get good

>these are the people capcom is trying to cater to

The reason for my ire is that this game is a boring, monotous, annoying, bugfest of a stroll up shit creeck without a paddle and a thousand dogs chewing on your balls

fug. I wanted a pet wyvern
What are good beginners hunts? I completed the three "official" one

Solo diablos with a hunting horn

okay so why are you here

the one you like the most

Ratholos remake: 3ZabmPMBADf3

Yeah that sounds bad. Is the charge blade shit? It's fun to use so i'll probably use it in the game too

fuck you we casuals will turn this game into a normie friendly game and there is nothing you can do about it

Hunting Diablos

PuMZvEYjk8t

Select Camp 15

post rooms

>Great Jagras
>03.07
Shiet, Hammer is a beast. My new main.

Damn naked Hammer team is fun as fuck

Don't bother, you won't make it past low rank.

Charge Blade is pretty busted in the demo at least. I'll be surprised if SAED not consuming shield charge makes it into final game.

>that dunes area in the desert
>vs Barroth
>with 2 other hammer users
gg hammerbros, SA times were fun too

full? getting error

Based on the leaked monster list, can we expect a variety of good Swithaxes in the full game?

every weapon can kill great jagras in the blink of an eye

Also can't enter, wrong code?

it says there are 4 players but there's one slot open

need one more

4s7nAtCrwCXK
WE HUNTING RATH

2 now

need 2 more

Maybe I'll tide myself over with MHFU until MHW comes out. Haven't played it in like 7 years anyways.

1 more

I can't fucking join

Yeah even as someone who defended CB before, right now, the ability to spam SAED is ridiculous. I don't think the motion value is as high as before but still, they shouldn't let you have the ability to keep the shield charge even after an SAED.

Enjoy your fire weapons.

Yeah I think it was an oversight, I doubt red shield will stay after saed in the final release

I think it would be in a good spot if they changed just that. Love CB, but if that's going to be the optimal way to play it I'll probably set it aside for a while.

What if it reduces the duration instead of actually staying there

I just did this the whole fight

I don't know why, but I'm still a bit tepid on getting MHW, I quite enjoyed the demo, I don't know how I feel about no G-rank or it being DLC later on

I did have a lot of fun hunting with y'all niggas, so that's a plus

this will be my last quest for the demo

7rKNjuiGsrNR

Diablos then Fish then Barroth if there's still time

What does the white sns oil do, again?

1 more

I'll bring my worst weapon to ruin it for you