www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA
>Comics
wiki.endless-space.com/comics
>Soundtrack
soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack
>ES2 prequel
www.games2gether.com/endless-legend/forum/6-game-design/thread/3572-the-last-flight-of-the-gray-owl

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

STALEARIS
>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/YHdisqem
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
>The Development of Stellaris en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_hell

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Civ IV XML fix
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

DISTANT WORLDS : UNIVERSE
pastebin.com/hubsc3ZS

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_hell
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Vodyani are awkward as fuck to play as and a bottom tier faction. I wanted to do at least 1 game per faction but I cannot bring myself to play Vodyani and Cravers.

>>The Development of Stellaris en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_hell
Fix your OP, retard.

Is it actually fun? An user was curious about it earlier.

t. wiz

why not just use ranged weapons like crossbow?

speaking of wiz

It looks really good, and I think they mesh the RPG and RTS aspects pretty good. I've only played a couple of hours of the story and while the plot might not exactly be something new it has high quality so far.
I'd probably recommend it, especially if and when it goes on sale

because they don't want to challenge the elves in their own game perhaps, and you always want a front line so your archers/crossbowmen won't get run down

>Fireaxis doesn't include Christopher Nolan as a Great Writer
>activate special ability
>create KINO
>instantly win a culture victory

Wow, Fireaxis are hacks

Dwarves vs Elves in classic fantasy doesn't make any sense whatsoever because dwarves live deep in the mountains and elves are treehuggers
Is it somehow different in Spellforce?

>mobile game tier "click this to gain advantage"

It makes perfect sense though, that's like saying "Romans vs. Barbarians doesn't make any sense whatsoever because Romans live in big walled cities and Barbarians live in scattered mud huts" or something.

I think it's for fleet templates, which seems more like QOL than "click this to win". No doubt wiz will fuck it up somehow though.

It's like saying that Europeans and Africans don't hate each others because they're on different continents.

Oh so you set the original size of the fleet and have it autobuild? That sounds decent, at least. I haven't touched Stellaris in forever and don't especially feel the urge to give it another chance.

it doesn't make a lot of sense because there's no point of contention. They don't compete for lands, because what's valuable to both sides is so much different (unlike Roman Empire conquering the continent). I said that as a general rule of thumb in classic fantasy, where dwarves usually punch it out with goblins or other subterraenan shit.

What's the dwarf/elf conflict in Sopellforce3?

Vodyani are one of the strongest though, they just have no middle ground. Either the start is terrible and fucks them or they have a good start and go on to stomp everyone.

how often do you think about how much you hate Cameroonians?

>there's no point of contention
Dwarves usually fight goblins and orcs and random deep-dwellers and shit. They simply hate elves, they're not literally always at war or anything except with Drow / Underelves. It's like how the ancient Chinese might've really disliked say the Nanman but they were honestly more generally at war with the nomadic tribes up north, or how the Romans were honestly not fond of the Jews but they weren't always at war with them. Dwarves and Elves hate each other because their values are literally diametrically opposed on almost every single aspect, this isn't exactly suspicious, especially since their appearance is also diametrically opposed.

if whether a faction is bad or good depends on a coin flip then it's not a very well designed faction, is it?

Not Cameronians in particular, but I think about how much I hate Africans on a daily basis.
>inb4 racist accusation
Not even.

that's what I said, in classic fantasy dwarves dislike elves but there's no warfare involved, whereas the weapon description posted in previous thread indicates there was/is an actual war ongoing.

The player can leverage different starts better than the ai. Basically as long as you understand how to play the vodyani, any human player can make them succeed.

>it looks really good
Graphisms are almost the lastest thing I care about in a game.

Is it linear or what? I have bad memories of Spellforce forcing you to play the specific faction the devs wanted.

Well, elves are usually portrayed as doing literally nothing, which obviously isn't possible, while dwarves are...digging for what, exactly? The dwarves need to eat, after all, and no matter how you slice it, farming and grazing is just more efficient than raising slimes or some shit down below - especially if you don't need the land for much else, like humans.

I still wait for a strategy game where each race has different factions and you see them as one until you investigate into it

In most portrayals I saw, Dwarves were shown as industrious, hard-working, and very interested in trading whatever they crafted, while elves are just highwaymen attacking caravans and stealing shit.

Anyone know a good seed for an amusing Endless Legend game? I want to run a Seabound empire gimmick.
Ideally
>"Normal" map layout
>Player spawn on a small 1-2 region island
>Island has enough ocean fortresses I can take those over and go full Navy fag/isolationist

you must have seen mostly dwarven propaganda posters then

so far in the story there hasn't been any specific conflict mentioned, some of the weapons do have bonuses against a specific faction though so there are weapons with the same kind of bonus but against some other race/faction

so far it seems like you chose a faction to fight with when you enter a level and you can upgrade each faction. I don't know if they lock you later though, that might be the case.

Not him, but he's right. Elves always act like they're entitled to everything, while Dwarves are always hard workers.

Elves are entitled to the D

The problem is the elves who act like they're the ubermensch are usually right because in pure stats or whatever they really are the almighty race (true to lore, where the Alves / Nymphs were minor fucking gods, or the Fair Folk, who were also basically minor gods), unlike the dwarves who invariably are portrayed as hardworking but also greedy (also true to lore, as in nordic myths they were basically mountain jews) and always end up digging too deep.

Elves are only entitled to slavery and getting spanked on a daily basis for whatever reason you can make on the spot.

>elves who act like they're the ubermensch are usually right
Spoken like a true elf cuck.

>Spoken like a true elf cuck.
From raw stats, they really are though. Also, if we go full Veeky Forums right now, Dwarves usually have a bonus to Constitution / Wisdom and a demerit on Charisma. Elves have a malus to Constitution and a bonus to Intelligence / Dexterity. This means that Dwarves are more suited to either being Clerics / Druids or martials, and Elves are more suited to Ranger...and Wizard, the instant-win class. Ergo, Elves >>> Dwarves.

ES2 does something like that with how radical effects of quest choices are on some civs.

>bringing semantic and stat into it when he starts getting rekt
Spotted the filthy elf.

I like how Mezari are the Science path despite being the "going back to our roots" thing and not something boring like being the Religious one.

Is it weird that the only victory I haven't gone for is domination?

It's not that I play a pacifist, but I always seem to finish my other play criteria like culture or science before I destroy anyone else.

Is there a right style to play a domination game? Like number of players or map type?

>Is there a right style to play a domination game?
Yeah, disable all the other win conditions

Maybe it's the only way. I like the other victories for a sense of an ability to lose.

But maybe that's just a sign I play on too easy of difficulties.

>"s-stop bringing facts into this"
not even him but get over it mountain jew

>not even him
Stopped reading there.

then you still got the message, manlet

Wow, what a repartee. Did you suck a harlequin this morning to get your recycled jokes or did you made it yourself?

Who the fuck decided that Anomalies can't go to 0% failure? I am at 2218 and I've lost 3 Science ship + scientists to 5% failure anomalies thanks to critical failure.

Fuck this game. RNG can be so fucking frustrating.

>dwarf talks shit
>get presented with stats and facts
>resort to drunken screaming
typical

>RNG can be so fucking frustrating
Don't try Darkest Dungeons.

>talk about how elves are faggots in general
>"y-yeah but in my cherrypicked obscure setting that nobody else give a fuck about, they're super strong"

>D&D is obscure
lmaoing my *ss off

>cherrypicked obscure setting
I don't even fucking Veeky Forums and I know that was D&D.

>spiderposting
>horatioposting
>now unrelated raceposting
Please, stop.

HITLER DID NOTHING WRONG

In Tolkien, elves are legitimately the fucking master race with very little against them, they're Just The Best at basically everything if we exclude the vanir and aesir. Dwarves are best known for REPEATEDLY digging too fucking deep.

>bringing neckbeard shit in a video game general
I accept your surrenders, tree-fuckers.

Just remember that in Overlord, who's relevant, elves are all slaves starving to death in the mines, and the dwarves are actually working.

Hitler killed Hitler! Only a hero can kill a monster, therefore it balances out.

Unless Tolkien is a video game, it's irrelevant.

If we're going to base a class on how effective a caster they are, a Mountain Dorf Abjuration Wizard is one of the strongest options.
>With one Feat they get Platemail proficiency, otherwise they already have Medium Armor
>Aren't slowed down by wearing it with less that 15 str
>Abjuration means they can dick over other casters easily
>Resistance to a common damage type

The only one that might be stronger that comes to mind might be Hobgoblin since they get a few Martial Weapons and light armor, which can be bumped to Medium Armor+shields, and a Racial that can let them pass a critical saving throw or make that important attack hit while also having good racial ASIs for WIZ, (INT and CON).

Are we talking about 3.5e or 5e
I'm talking 3.5e, and the extra 2 Int for spell slots and +1 DC plus their racial is absolutely fucking massive. Absolutely nobody cares for shit about armor on Wizards, just cast fucking Mage Armor.

>4x isn't neckbeard shit

Also since you said 'how effective a caster' as if it were up to question I guess you were talking about 5e, since in 3.5e just about any fullcaster is automatically in a different dimension (literally) from other classes.

>arguing autists bust out d&d
Of course. Get a fucking room, assholes, nobody cares.

>3.5

t. "tangents aren't allowed" pro

wild walkers are a major faction
delvers are a minor faction
elvis 1 dwemer 0

>5e
It's literally the 'please give newfags' edition.

Dwarves in Tolkien weren't created by Eru, though.

>moving the goalposts

That makes them superior : they're not Mary-Sue. Everything they have, they got it by themselves. Unlike the humans, who mixed with the elves.

Tangents are fine as long as they're either interesting or related. This is neither. This is a tired dinosaur of a flamewar that is entirely worthless to every party invovled and any who might stumble upon it later. Fuck, even /pol/-lite shitposting about firaxis is better than what you're doing.

what exactly is my goal here

>it's irrelevant
Elves are in most fantasy video games with multiple races, dwarves are in maybe half of them, so there's that. Then you have the fact that modern fantasy is basically endless ripoffs of D&D when it comes to races, and D&D is basically Tolkien but with a bunch of gimmicks, ergo talking about Tolkien is relevant to the discussion of races in video games and strategy games.

That doesn't make them not superior though. The elves are literally just better in Middle Earth, except for the bit where they're inevitably declining because basically their role in the grand master plot is over and they need to fuck off to the west. It's the same for all the others though, too.

>/pol/-lite shitposting
Are you one of those people who thinks the complaints about Seondeok are solely about her gender or something?

DWARVESSTRONGDWARVESSTRONGDWARVESSTRONGDWARVESSTRONGDWARVESSTRONGDWARVESSTRONG

Something something grudgings

>700 year old Elf
>In the time it took humanity to go from hitting each other with metal sticks to hitting each other with ICBMs they accomplished nothing of note
>In another hundred years Humans (Dorfs can come too) will be off exploring the stars while they sit around going "muh forest" "muh past glory" instead of DOING SOMTHING
The thing that bothers me the most about Elves isn't that they're "so cool" or speshul snowflakes or anything, it's that a race that's typically immortal, or at the very least long lived, all seem to have the initiative of a piece of toast. A Human who lived for 700 years could accomplish a shitload.

some settings use the human's short life as their reason behind doing so much shit in their lifetime
meanwhile (good) elves are either also doing shit or just content with what they have

>Still giving a flying fuck about 3.x edition

This is certainly true, and elves are smelly as well. I'm an elf and in all seriousness we can't let this race get the nuclear codes

Elves are irrelevant. They only exists as punching bags for the other, superiors races.

Damn, Dwarves architecture is the best.

How long would a elf period last?

>unironically playing fifth edition
I would unironically force myself to play pathfinder core only or GURPS 3e in a vehicle heavy setting or some shit than play 5e again

Who said I said anything about 5th edition? 3.5 however is the shittiest system i've ever played besides Rifts

imagine getting into arguments with strangers online over what flavor of generic fantasy race you prefer

>3.5

Both.

The elves either don't feel the need to accomplish jack or the entire setting is one of those 'stuck in medieval stagnancy' ones. Remember, they're almost immortal, never get sick, don't suffer from aging and just get grey hair, and basically never go hungry because of their low pop growth. Humans did things because they were pushed to do so. Medicine matters for humans. We get cold so we need clothing. and learn construction techniques to build shelter. We want resources so we go for mining. We wage wars, which magically never happens to elves because I suppose they're just inherently non-greedy or something, and so we learn strategy, etc. In this case, elves have magic, or they're just so sue they don't have the problems we do, and so they literally don't care about advancing because they gain nothing from it.
In other places you get Middle-Earth, which seems to have been stuck at that general level of technology for fucking ever. This can be 'worsened' by magic, in a sense, because while it's pretty easy to start a magical industrial revolution or some shit, it's just as easy to do it yourself. Why would you BOTHER with building planes and airships if you can just cast Fly? Why do you need ships if you're just going to use Water Walk? Who cares about agriculture if you can get your local old lady in the forest to bless your plants? Sure, if you really focus and go far ahead it'll definitely work better, but humans are pretty short-sighted - they tend to solve problems that already exist, and even if someone somewhere is very far sighted, he needs to provide at least partial results that matter to people right now. In most cases with common magic, these results don't exist.

>We wage wars, which magically never happens to elves
Cough cough grudge war cough cough civil war with Malekith cough cough Silmarillion cough cough

Humans did it too. See China. The rise of Europe could have quite easily not have happened.

>Malekith
Male was literally autistic.
>Silmarillion
Well yeah, but Middle Earth (and Warhams really) falls into the second category of "the entire setting has been like this for an absurd span of time"

Why would they want to accomplish things? Elves have always been super satisfied, they don't want for anything. They're almost nihilistic in that sense, what is the actual point of, say, innovating? Especially since , it doesn't provide QoL improvements for them anyway. All it gives is prestige and pride really, that's it, and there's plenty of people who couldn't give less of a shit about that.

>In the time it took humanity to go from hitting each other with metal sticks to hitting each other with ICBMs they accomplished nothing of note
It's also about a tenth of the time it took humanity to go from hitting each other with rock bits on a stick to hitting each other with metal bits on longer sticks, and a thousandth of the time it took for humanity to go from hitting each other with rocks to hitting each other with rocks on a stick. The rocketing tech level only started around 1000 AD.

Reminder that female leaders in games is literally white genocide and Mosandery

>How long would a elf period last?
There's a greentext somewhere that I don't have that explained this really well from a biological standpoint (humans are pretty weird), but the answer was 'they wouldn't have them' or 'it along with pregnancy would be barely noticeable'.

Whether he was autistic or not, they still had civil wars.

Everyone is at war with everyone else in Warhammer.

I feel like you're trying to be ironic or something and posting that picture because you think the OP is being unreasonable, but he's not.

well what would you do with your overpriced toy soldiers if it was called peacehammer?

Shove it up GW's ass and 3D print my fucking models, fuck their jewery and shitty models

T. Falseflagging kike who is obviously in on this culture war

>get proven wrong
>suddenly Warhammer is irrelevant

It doesn't really prove anything though. Especially since, as I said, the entire setting's been like this for an absurd span of time. That, and elves are like super fucking magical (even though magic is really dangerous), AND they're still some of the most advanced faggots around so it's not as if they're all behind in the dust or sitting still insofar as advancement even exists in the setting.

Dwarves are a unified and honorable people, they recognize their true enemy, the imperialist fist of the elf and as such do not infight

Finally.

>Dwarves
>in Warhammer
>unified
Is this a joke or something
They literally go to war with each other for hundreds of years over grudges that were inconsequential shit like 'he burped too loud' and by the end of the war they literally can't remember what it was even about but it was still a Grudging

this is a falseflag, Dwarves are a unified and honorable people, they recognize their true enemy, the imperialist fist of the elf and as such do not infight

Hey Dawi
I stole your spoon and ate your pudding

racist