/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread: -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>Switch
[Nov 10] Userland code execution is now possible, no releases yet. wololo.net/2017/11/15/can-now-run-homebrews-nintendo-switch-3-0-0/
[Oct 19] OFW 4.0.0 released (now 4.1.0), you may want to stay on 3.0.0 until new vulnerabilities are found. wololo.net/2017/10/19/nintendo-switch-firmware-4-0-0-released/
>Vita
[Oct 23] PKGI released, allows installing original pkg files, download & unpack pkg files directly on Vita together with your NoNpDrm fake license github.com/mmozeiko/pkgi/releases
-pkgi.txt: nopaystation.com/pkgi
>PS4
[Oct 20] fail0verflow published a writeup for their 4.05 kernel exploit. wololo.net/2017/10/20/adieu-ps4-kernel-exploit-firmware-4-06-fully-detailed-team-fail0verflow/
>PS3
[Nov 24] PS3Xploit NOR/NAND flash writer & NOR dumper for 4.82 OFW released. psxhax.com/threads/ps3xploit-4-82-cfw-on-ofw-nor-nand-flash-writer-nor-dumper.3112/
-Works on all fat models and early slims (any PS3 made before 2011), super slims aren't supported yet (expect a HENkaku-like exploit in 2018). Compatibility chart: i.imgur.com/7G3tM5D.png

Other urls found in this thread:

f.secretalgorithm.com/17pEu/make-cdn-cia
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18PTwQP7mlwZH1smpycHsxbEwpJnT8IwFP7YZWQT7ZSs/edit#gid=597019973
pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Any way I can download the P5 Japanese patch on hacked PS3 without linking my PSN account?

Asking again, does folder name matter with sd2vita? Whenever I copy it over from my memory card to pc it loses the : symbol at the end of the folder's name. That isn't required right? it can just be ux0 rather than ux0:

Let this also be proof and a lesson that if you reapply the thermal compound on your PS3, or more specifically your Slim, and the temps are not what you are looking to get, then it is not unlikely that there isn't even any contact between the IHS and the cooler being made because of how shitty the build quality of this thing is and therefore you put way too little thermal paste on there - just like I did initially. So absolutely open that sucker up a second time and take a look at the underside of the cooler.

This is what mine looked like. Almost no surface contact area. None. By PC standards I then drowned that sucker in thermal grease and temps are great now. I wouldn't recommend doing this with a conductive paste however.

Just for reference quoting myself here from :
>I did a line at one end. Spread that out over the IHS. It was not a thin layer. Certainly the thickest I ever did. Then put a titsy tiny extra dollop in the middle just to be safe.

Reminder to sissy anime bois that 3.61+ Vita anigaymes are not worth waiting for.

Oh, and I put cardboard under the backside where the clamps are for higher pressure. Because again, cooler and chip wouldn't even touch. Insane.

fuck you i want to play recolove

Skate 3 DLC rap files when

I never bothered to learn, how do you play non-eshop wii games on a Wii U? Can you install them like other VC games or do they have to be loaded from SD

1. Use the Injector (see pastebin) and play from the Wii U menu
2. Hack vWii and load from SD
your choice.

Anyone have experience with FunKeyCIA? Every time I run it I get:
./FunKeyCIA.py: line 2: $'\r': command not found

Can't you just make a throwaway account to download it?

It's a python script.
Have you tried running it with python?

So I'm considering buying a refurbished N3DS and installing CFW on it. Now I am borderline retarded but I'm currently looking through the guides which are hopefully retard-proof.

Is the current firmware 11.6.0 or is there a possibility of it shipping with more recent firmware that will prevent the installation of CFW on it?

>still no updated botw trainer for dlc 2
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

$ python2 ./FunKeyCIA ...

Is there some kind of homebrew entrance to 11.6? The guide says I should back up the saves in the target 3DS, but there's no way to do that without it being hacked already.

Thanks!

If you have an Acekard/ r4, no firmware will prevent the installation of CFW.

Thank you for always keeping us in check, user~

Guys, I read the pastebin, there's a link to spoof the Wii U to 5.5.2 and keep the browser.

Now, it says I need a common key, I don't know what to do, when I googled it, I found a random set of hexadecimals.

Do I open a notepad and save it as commonkey.bin or what?

Also, I already updated BotW, but the game keeps asking me for an update, what gives? Which number is the latest BotW version?

Why do I get
sh: ./make_cdn_cia: No such file or directory? Do I need to download something else?

Because you don't have make_cdn_cia in the directory.
So, yes you do.
If you're using 64-bit GNU/Linux, you can just downlaod this: f.secretalgorithm.com/17pEu/make-cdn-cia and move it to /path/to/FunKeyCIA/make_cdn_cia.
Mac OS can't use it, though. So you'd have to look for it.

Okay, neato. Thanks bud.

I cant help with your first question, as my hack didnt need that, but BOTW, download the dlc from wii u usb helper after you hacked your wii u, itll load the game for you.

ofw needs to be fully updated to play the dlc on wii u, so dont do that

Also, I already used iAqua's spoofing method
>why don't you just buy a DS game for Haxchi
Because my Wii U is literally banned from the eshop, there's no solution as the error is quite uncommon so the scene hasn't done anything about it.
Can you guys please help me out?

Anyone fuck around with NTR cheats on 3DS?

First successful cia created, thanks man.

Is there any way to pirate official PS2 classics on PS3 without converting my own ISOs?

psndl

I'm out of the loop on hacking and junk.

Is there like an R4 card but for the N64? I know emulation is shit. I just want to get it for my dad who still plays N64 so I could get him games since they're still 40 dollars in current year.

Everdrive is the big name but I'm sure there are others.

Best r4 to play nds games on an old 3ds xl modded and updated with luma? thanks

I've got most of the Skate 3 DLC, if not all of it. How do I go about making rap files?

Which region?

Thanks man

NTSC-U

The NoPaystation spreadsheet has a tutorial.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18PTwQP7mlwZH1smpycHsxbEwpJnT8IwFP7YZWQT7ZSs/edit#gid=597019973

thanks, will share if not too retarded to end up with the .rap files needed

Ps3xpad doesn't seem to be working for me. It won't let me open up the menu thing by pressing select + start + r3 for one.

thank you

I downloaded little big planet for vita but when I tried and download the online pass thing from the shop, it failed on me. Anybody know how to get it working?

psnstuff or nopaystation? I've got the former working with one database. There were more, though. Dunno what they do.

Does nopaystation have a database file?

Having trouble with IDPS Viewer. I boot it and it just goes to black screen, then kicks back to XMB. Nothing gets dumped on USB drive.

>$160 dollars

What

Since nobody answered me in the last thread: Can you play the game that you buy to install Haxchi into or is it always a good idea to just buy the cheapest one?

just get the cheapest one. brain age is one of the more common picks. you can install all the ds games for free you want after you install haxchi

>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18PTwQP7mlwZH1smpycHsxbEwpJnT8IwFP7YZWQT7ZSs/edit#gid=597019973
You can just reinstall it to the hdd through wii u usb. I mean, you'll likely be buying Brain Age since its the cheapest, and can get the same game style from other versions.

Thats alot cheaper than a Doctor V64 used to be m80

If you're the only one making something, you can set the price as high as the demand is willing to pay

So the answer is: No, gotta install a pirate copy.

Gotcha, I'll prob get brain age or some game i'm not interested in.

I guess try a different method then

Why do you make it sound like they're mutually exclusive?

Yeah but that's a lot of money, isn't there a cheaper option? It's 2018 almost

I'm not actually 100% sure if the answer is no. I only bought one eshop game on wiiu, and it was to hack it. I have everything available on wii u usb helper installed on my wii u as of last week, and that Brain Age game boots fine for me. I think during the process of installing hackchi, it eventually takes over the miiverse or mii creator app and Brain Age becomes normal again? I honestly dont remember. Try it after you hack it, its not like you cant reset and re hack it if you dont want a "pirated" version(weird term since its directly from Nintendo's servers and installed the same way Nintendo would do it). It's super simple.

get a wii for $20 and mod it, then emulate

Are there even PS3 games on NPS? Once I set the filter to PS3 only there 0 results remain.

Have you tried using the IDPS dumper exploit instead?

>forgot how to install NoNpDrm AGAIN because I rarely install Vita games

Did you think we were playing when we said PS3 has no games?

Literally just drag and drop into your vita games folder

Yeah, it's currently frozen and I don't know if I should power off the console or not. I'll give it about 10 minutes.

Are you sure you're using the right firmware version.

Im following the Ps3 pastebin
pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E
and it's not super clear when dumping the NOR what I should copy to my flashdrive.
also I'm using a PSP as a flashdrive, will I have any issues?

Can anyone tell me what the difference between _BU_NPWR00000_00 and NPWR00000_00 is?
And what's _SUP_NPWR00000_00?
Those are located in /dev_hdd0/home/00000000/trophy.

You must be very proud of yourself right now - and that rightfully so.

I'm on 4.81 rebug and I chose 4.81

why would you use a psp as a flash stick. they cost like 5 bucks or less

I prob get brain age and try, might be good to add it to the pastebin later on. It's not like I mind having a "pirated" copy, it's just that I was thinking what game to buy because I was thinking "well, since I gotta buy a game, I might as well make it one that I'll like'.

yes

Restarted and restoring file system right now. Will clear all browser data, try a different USB stick and try again.

I wanna help you guys out though, I know you just wanna play dumb Skate 3 DLC bullshit and I don't blame you.

Any Wii U games that are good but got unfairly kicked the shit out of them by the critics?
Any Wii U games that got good after an update or two?

But I hate those people and I like you goys. This is my home Veeky Forums thread.

I edited the pastebin.
You only need to download the dumper if you want to self-host the exploit, which is not what the guide is for. Sorry for the confusion.

Ding ding, finally someone else who is using FunKeyCIA. That makes... 3 of us.
What distro are you using, faggot?

Sorry boys it looks like a no go. With IDPS Viewer I just get a black screen and with the exploit I keep getting freezes or JavaScript errors. Hopefully someone can get you these .rap files but it won't be me.

Maybe update to rebug 4.82 and try it?

Not really unfairly kicked, but really underrated
The Wonderful 101. (Best Kamiya game IMO)
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Tokyo Mirage Session #FE
Captain Toad
Dong Freeze
Ninja Gaiden Razors Edge
New Super Mario Bros U (best "New" game, Luigi DLC is also good)
and Game & Wario is also fun for a while and fun with friends
didn't play Hyrule Warrios but some people like it

Avoid Star Fox Zero and Devil's Third like the plague

>New Super Mario Bros U (best "New" game
Not if you count New Super Mario Bros Wii it isn't.

And Devil's Third isn't as bad as everyone makes out. It's like a dumb PS2 action game, but if you like dumb PS2 action games then it's fine.

>no Xeno
>no Bayo
what are you doing

Is the LocalFriendCodeSeed_B share from /hbg/ banned?
Just gave it to a friend and he told me he's still banned

>Wii over U
don't talk to me ever again
>if you like dumb PS2 action games
nobody likes that shit
>Xeno
>Bayo
>unfairly kicked, let alone underrated

Man i fucked up

Broke into my ACTIVATED vita was all happy and shit was working think fuck it lets factory wipe it so fresh start with new stuff factory reset it and now its deactivated how fucked am i?

almost none of the games you mentioned got unfairly "kicked" (just because IGN found Dong Freeze too hard doesn't mean it got shat on by everyone) and Bayo2/Xeno are just as underrated as the rest when it comes to sales/normie recognition

You factory wiped it, you moron.

Yea well i wanted it clean before i started putting shit on it

Gold

Is psnstuff worth checking it? Is it being maintained? Is psnstuffx the fork i want?

Is psndl trustworthy?

I guess all im really loseing is access to the stuff i own on the psn right?

OH NO

What is the best ps3 psp emulator?

I downloaded the hbc from the source given in the guide and it's giving me an error when trying to install it to the NAND, wat do

3DS or Wii U?

Wii U, everything else was working fine up until now and I guess you don't NEED to install the hbc, but it's a bit concerning something so basic is fucking up.

Make sure you're in CFW/Sigpatched mode before installing. Also make sure the app isnt corrupt and has a .tik too.

PS3 has its own PSP emulator but it's garbage

>Make sure you're in CFW/Sigpatched mode before installing.

I'm booting up the homebrew channel from the startup screen by holding A, so I should be.

> Also make sure the app isnt corrupt and has a .tik too.

It has a .tik file, but I don't know how to check if the files are good.

I have this 3ds that haven't been touch for months. It has luma3ds 5.5 and hombrew launcher 1.1.0 on it. Is it safe to update to 11.6.0? Do i need to update boot9strap or luma3ds or homebrew launcher first?

>bu U is better than Wii cuz muh gimmicky multiplayer and muh resolution

>nobody likes PS2 action games
oh ok you're a retarded person, I see now.

>I'm booting up the homebrew channel from the startup screen by holding A, so I should be.
I dunno, you should check that. Haxchi defaults to B button. If you don't have that then you need to be booting into Mocha or Sigpatcher.