/scg/edg/ Star Citizen Elite Dangerous General #239

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Elite Dangerous v2.4 is online with improvements to base game and dlc content.
Frontier announced a new expansion called "Beyond" and will offer it for free to everyone who bought horizon.
Season three will focus on refining core gameplay and introducing new content.

Retaliation Trailer*
youtube.com/watch?v=38bHNSB4cDM
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

*Not actual game footage

>Jump Point Links & Content Summary
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>FAQs
pastebin.com/aQPMdGhi

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Last shitpost:

Other urls found in this thread:

robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/ptu-testing-serialized-variable-range-culling-netw/777046
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Placing admin offices and NPCs at various outposts.
>Enabled 3d radar StarMap for all relevant ships.

we idTech now bois

Don't you worry that if CIG continue releasing every bit of new content in each alpha/beta that when the games actually released everything will be found out, the meta grounded and progression would have become a boring chore?

Yes. Although there is the hope that they're not releasing everything but instead releasing enough to test.

Yeah, holy shit, that looks like RAGE

Predictions for 2018 fags let's hear em.
>Star Citizen Stanton system planets
>SQ42 given to media and completely spoiled by games journalist reviews
>Attempt to make Battle Royal mode in Star Marine and aim for E-Sports crowd
>9 New ships added each one punches above it's weight
>Goons flip and become SC enthusiasts again
>Derek tries to scrub the internet of his comments and pretends he was always a supporter of SC
>Idris is hangar ready.

>le delusional cultist
XDDDD

>Battle royale and e sports
I don't see these two things happening and I especially hope they don't As for my prediction
>Ben still not fired
>Sandi not delegated to something that won't hurt the project any longer

New ships added each one punches above it's weight
Twelve. One for each month. This includes all three ships in the last Drake poll.

>a bunch of reworks happen
>more ships are sold
>we get a taste of new content
>erin eats ben in a bid to become the fattest
>chris buys a yacht and sells billion year contracts to backers for 1500 a piece. This gets you a lifetime of servitude aboard the yacht during its 50 year escape to the Mediterranean.
>disco fries continues to tell us all everything is ok and spoon feeds the community sneak peeks of ships that are 5 years out.
>Derek Smart disappears, the only clue of where he went is a sloppily written email away message. He appears on an ATV special on Chris' yacht 2 years later, apparently having his mind changed about the game, but is never seen again after that.
>whales buy ships
>we are all whales
>working for Christ Roberts on his yacht

If you expect anything major before funding stops you're being delusional, SQ42 by 2018 isn't even remotely believable given that there is absolutely nothing for them to show.

You try too hard man

I'm honestly saying what i think will happen, call me an idiot or troll, whatever. I have no expectations left after the last 2 years .

WHERE.ARE.MY.ROBOT.WIVES!

I predict all of these but the journalist and the esports shit

But the problem is that funding will never ever stop. Whales aren't a set population, and there are always more and more desperate dudes looking to live out their space fantasies, like all of us here.

i wonder if sexbots and AIs will eclipse what we can imagine now within our lifetimes
or before star citizen is released

if they wanted esports they'd already be "done" the game as a class based moba-fighter-sim with cell shaded graphics and lootboxes

We will know more about SQ42 this December livestream. I doubt either SQ42 or SC will be released much befor the other. They both are dependent largely on the same assets.

>We will
We hope we will. Expect nothing so that you can be happily surprised.

Yeah. The difference will be that SQ42 will operate in a set space, all that will hold SC back is planet assets and shit like that. They've already shown us how quickly they can generate content, and both Grim Hex and Levski show how well they can do the small hand crafted stuff.

I believe you are right my main concern is general polish for Sq42.

>enormous fucking machine that JUST HAPPENS to be perfectly symmetrical
Star Citizen's art design is so shit.

Do you live in some alternate reality where machines aren't symmetrical?

It's nearly 1000 years in the future, bruh.

Open the hood of a car. Is it symmetrical? No. Why? Because you don't need fucking two of everything in your machine. You need 6 pistons, maybe, but only 1 radiator. And so on. Different components are needed in different amounts which hinders your ability to arrange them symmetrically.

>well maybe they're two separate machines
Then why are they mirrored? Why would you pay the dumb amount of money to redesign the machine in a mirrored configuration (which is nowhere near as easy as it sounds) when you could just have it non-mirrored? It's not like it takes up less space either way.

In short it's dumb. It is dumb and that's why it looks dumb and if you like it you're dumb.

it looks fine
but if you put doom 4's HUD on that scene nobody would think for a moment it's not from an id game.
>implying id has patented steamy pipes and giant machines made of steamy pipes

What if that machine just needs two of everything?

>In short it's dumb. It is dumb and that's why it looks dumb and if you like it you're dumb.
It's also a dumb thing to get upset over.

Take a chill pill, user, of you'll realize space ships are engaging in dogfights in visible range of each other.

Why's this place still exist? Both of these games continue to die of self-inflicted cancer.

Open the hood of a expensive car bruh, yeah your shitty civic is going to have one of something’s. Look in a nice Supercar and you’ll see duplicates, redundancy, and symmetry everywhere.

Just searched supercar engine, this is one of the results.

Typically redundancy isn't something accounted for in supercars/performance cars, as it adds unnecessary weight

Some cars do have more than one radiator (I think the new Camaro has like 9), multiple intakes, multiple exhausts, multiple turbos etc, but they are there for performance reasons

None of that is machinery though. It's fibreglass panelling put over the machinery to hide it and make the bay look good. The first thing a mechanic is going to do (after laughing at you for wasting money on a meme machine) is take that shit off to get access to the guts.

You really know nothing about cars. Stop pretending, it's obvious as fuck that you don't know what you're talking about.

>fiberglass
Lol bruh, educate yourself.
Aint no mechanic going to laugh at the guy putting their kids through college

Yeah dude, ferrari is well known for their dual alternator set up

Heard the Ferrari Enzo had 3

You're a moron, weight savings is the name of the game for performance, and components are reliable enough not to warrant a "redundancy"
You sound like one of those idiots who argue that militaries want fighters with dual engines for redundancy

>tfw trying to choose between the ultra-utilitarian Hawk or the ultra-cozy Mustang Beta as my starter ship

HELP

I WANT PERFORMANCE BUT ALSO COZINESS

Jesus Christ. Who fucking cares man? It's a video game, just chill your autism and stop embarrassing yourself thread in and thread out.

I genuinely love the mustang series so I'd go with the beta personally

Just buy both.

The Hawk doesn't have many amenities, but looks really cool. Just wait a bit - I reckon both of them will be implemented before the end of next year.

>(((before the end of next year)))

The Sabre and Buccaneer were sold as concepts and implemented into the PTU within less than a year.

Even the terrapin almost made it in this year.

Never forget the day an innocent monitor paid the price for shitty coding, at a game studio, smashed by one of the highest ranking people in the company.

LOL you fucking dolt that's a plastic cover so that it looks good to idiot who buy 200k cars but don't know jack shit about them.

Never forget the game is a scam and the guy probably lost a game of Overwatch while pretending to work.

We all know it was a dead monitor right?

>Mixing an existing game with real progression and complete gameplay mechanics with a fake game that won't ever be release

Why do you guys do this?

Does it matter? It's a fucking monitor. Unless the monitor anthropomorphized on the spot and deleted someone's work or pissed in the trash can or told Sandi what people actually think of her, there is no reason to not just recycle it like a person who isn't completely insane.
Who saw that and thought, "Oh thank God, now that's out of the way, they can buckle down and get something done."

E:D discussion boils down to 'is this build good' or 'what's the latest credit making exploit'. They can't sustain their own general.

but I've been playing the "fake game" for the past week

until the AI patch made it crash on launch

>an existing game with real progression and complete gameplay mechanics
What game is that? You mean the one that you have to use 3rd party tools to actually do anything in because the dev couldn't be assed to put basic functions on the galaxy map or system maps and left the community to finish their work?

Hahaha keep proving you're retarded. That's one component and it's not symmetrical because there isn't two manifold systems on a car running side by side. It's like saying your computer is symmetrical because there's 2 fans next to each other.

What did he mean by this?

The symmetry in a V engine is a packaging issue, not redundant symmetry. All the pistons work on one crankshaft, as one system. You can't have the left ones work and the right not. Redundant systems would work independent of each other.
Even a hybrid car is not redundant because the petrol and electric power plants require each other and cannot work exclusively alone.

>Who saw that and thought, "Oh thank God, now that's out of the way, they can buckle down and get something done."
I saw it and thought "Oh look they just handed a couple of years worth of shitposting to trolls"

I hope Chris walked up and backhanded the fuck out of him for that. I'm talking bending at the waist, where's his powder, putting his back into it, coming from downtown, and just slapped the taste out of his mouth for that dumb shit.

Whenever I launch PTU my cursor dissapears in the menu and I can't do anything.
Anyone got the same issue?

do you have 30 different other controllers hooked up? i can't confirm it works like that but that's usually the case in other games where i suddenly have no mouse usage

Nope, just a mouse n keyboard

might be a fullscreen / windowed fullscreen issue
just wait for more patches, today's patch took about 1 week of progress away

For the user in the last thread who said the range culling network test hadn't been rolled out yet, here's a link to the announcement along with replies from backers posting their results.

robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/ptu-testing-serialized-variable-range-culling-netw/777046

fuck, I want to play 3.0. there should just be a way to opt into testing. I don't want to pay $10 to play the game I already supposedly own

3.0 3rd wave release but still far from public
sq42 gameplay footage delayed
10 more concept ships
Ben finally dies

Regardless of config, anything not totally garbage is just poking along waiting on updates. Fucking 20% and 30% GPU usage in a cutting edge game on mid tier GPUs.

Hold onto your butt as long as you can - judging by the discussion in these threads, the experience either drives you mad or throws you into disbelief.
Hopefully the performance is fixed by the time its in our hands.

I almost agree with everything here except:

>Attempt to make Battle Royal mode in Star Marine and aim for E-Sports crowd.

Won't happen.

>Goons flip and become SC enthusiasts again
>Derek tries to scrub the internet of his comments and pretends he was always a supporter of SC

They are more likely to quadruple down that the game is gonna fail and shit.

>RSI employees when trying to code.

Kek, way more accurate.

Literally every other game I can think of has many perfectly symmetrical designs.

This is either bait or you're just stupid.

This time next year I think that:
>Stanton system completed
>Jump points not yet implemented
>About a dozen interact-able mission givers, with some more developed mission trees beyond 'go here and do x'
>Hawk, Hammerhead, new Mustang, Hull A, B, C, Phoenix, 600I, Reclaimer, Cutlass Blue, Razor, and updated 300i all flyable
>Player cap won't be 128, will be in the 70s maybe
>Hangers like we were originally supposed to have implemented in an extremely rudimentary way. Not the final version
>Racing, Star Marine, and Arena Commander all accessible from within PU like originally designed
>Early system of in game Org tools implemented
>SQ42 not released
>First pass at dynamic economy (haul mined materials from X place, to ArcCorp, which then slightly changes output)
>Darkie Shart will be caught outside of the CIG offices attempting to kill CRoberts
>Funding will surpass 200 million
>Goons and assorted shitposters will still shitpost

>Attempt to make Battle Royal mode in Star Marine
Can't imagine that would even be hard to do.
lolno

Battle royal would be stupid. I could see like a battlefield style combined arms thing for star marine though.

When is SQ42

we'll find out in less than two weeks

Might be fun, and easy to implement. I wouldn't do it before releasing everything else though.

But then I guess you'd miss out on the craze.

>we'll find out in less than two weeks
Gotta link?

E:D still shit?

This seems a lot more accurate. Well said user.

pubg got lucky as hell getting the attention of normies and actual gamers who just want to play whatever their normie freinds play

trying to emulate it in a game that takes itself more seriously would be very risky. also that kind of croud is the exact opposite of the ones who have money invested in SC.

I have to say I am pleased with the rate at which patches are being deployed. Almost one a day.

As long as Sandro is in charge of it, yes. It's his lifes work to run the game into the ground with terrible decisions and taking the laziest approach imaginable.

Mhm, so the manchild who literally has a fucking stuffed snake as a freind is still in charge?
Can't say I'm surprised.

Well, guess I can look forward to playing French Tanks in War Thunder without molestation

Is there a video of this happening and who is it.

>ship sales continue
>CIG teases another 3.0-tier reveal, fails to provide any substantial gameplay
>derek smart continues shitposting, goons continue laughing, Chris continues to make grandiose promises
>community begins eating itself inside out

Hang this on your wall so you can look at it every day

>Playing a gaijin game without getting raped tier 1 French tanks are gonna be 4.0BR

...sure

Can I get a source or a quick run down.

WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO QUINCE FARMING? I HAVE TO VISIT 5-6 DIFFERENT POINTS ON A PLANET NOW?!

>implying this matters with I get like 200+ goldie birdies daily from the free golden birdies app
>implying this matters when I'm just going to buy the AMX-13 SS.11

lol

whats the issue, dont you have fun????

>smashing backer funded equipment

Is there a better way to earn money now?

What free golden birdies app?

these two. Just look at the current and past WTG's for more info on these apps if you want.