/xgg/ - Xenogames General #33

Previous Thread: ========== Xenoblade 2 ==========

>Link to official JP twitter:
twitter.com/xenobladejp?lang=en

>XB2 Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Ygax_f4e5a8

>XB2 Direct with world & gameplay explanations
youtube.com/watch?v=0Hb0KmH2WBQ

>XB2 Story trailer (medium spoilers, at your own risk)
youtube.com/watch?v=DOQ9q4HDb0U
>XB2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XB game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/MRMxvWHH

>XB2 Blade, Combat and Quests FAQ
pastebin.com/yvMbe5rW

>XB2 Blade combo elemental chart
imgur.com/a/OiBPb

>XB2 Info Doc. Please help contribute to it.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EG0UpsgjhISr6_isiUpiWMU9qcXj6t8wWB0_LAiH1yE/edit#gid=0

========== Xenoblade X ==========

>XBX Links pastebin (faq, docs etc)
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY

==============================

Please mark your spoilers properly, anons.
If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UVpfEPjaKM4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kos-Mos literally never ever.

MAKE HASTE AND RETRIEVE IT

I wonder how much of a problem her sleep walking was in the past. How many times did she end up sneaking into Addam's bed. How many times did she beat the shit out of him?

This is the real reason he locked her up inside a battleship vault and sank it.

Next time please make sure there is not another thread already made ahead of time like there was already.
That will limit confusing.

And please post a link to it on post limit and not before.

Is there a guide to where I can find the 12 Brothersisterpons? I've already found over half of them and am getting pretty tired of running around in circles searching for the rest.

This. Ideally people shouldn't make a new thread until the current thread has
- hit the bump limit
- is on at least page 7-8 and autosaging
And if you're going to make a thread in advance tell everyone in the thread so someone doesn't make another one.

not to resurrect any shitposting but do people seriously think the japanese names are better?
>Homura (means flame)
>Hikari (literally means light, how imaginative)
>Serpent
>Byakko (means white tiger)
and so on

No, but weebs and purists will always say that Japanese names are better.

Stupid people who think it's a good idea to spoil things the game treats like major revelations do, yes.

Sure. Homura and Hikari are actual names and Byakko is a mythological creature like most Blades.

auto saging is the bump limit, you don't need to say it twice

I've been making the new threads 10 posts ahead of time every day though.
I just wait for bump limit and post it. not sure why another one was made.
If they wanna do it though, that's fine. Just make sure the information of the OP is correct.

Only reason I don't say anything is because there are those who would make it and post it before bump with incorrect information just to fuck with people. It's happened more than once. Call me paranoid.

Don't get mad at me you got OP cucked idiot. Don't make early threads without telling people

Just got chapter 8 and I dont see the final poppy form heart to heart in leth.

Am I missing something or do I need to go even farther in the story?

>Vale wants to be and pretends to be an edgelord but deep down she likes girly stuff
CUTE!
Shame zanobia is the better attack blade and prerun is the better shit hits the fan / anti aggro blade.

im not OP, maybe you need to calm down

>I've been making the new threads 10 posts ahead of time every day though.
But why user. Just let the general flow it's natural course. Doing that will just make people think it's okay to rush for the next OP.

At at least appreciate the people who have been making OP's have been dutifully sticking to the format though. At least no one's tried to fuck up the OP yet.

You have to go to tora's house

Opened 22 Legendary Cores.
Got 4 rare blades! Not bad at all. That's 4 more than I was expecting.

Don't give up user
I got her only a couple dozen cores after Vale. Only Agate is left but I don't care that much, it'll happen when it happens for her since she's not one I'm targeting.

I actually got her at the point that I was basically numb from grinding so much. Starting making a snack in the kitchen while going through another 40 rare cores
Noticed that the music playing wasn't the usual generic blade song and saw she had come to me at last through the kitchen window.

>Zenobia's questline isn't going around dueling all the """"""superbosses"""""

WHERE THE FUCK DO I FARM LEGENDARY CORES SOMEBODY GIVE ME AN ANSWER OTHER THAN
>check the OP

Is Blade HB any good?

>but why
I dunno. Been doing it that way since /xbcgx/ #3 was around. Though eventually someone took over that job.
OPs are important user.
way I see it, the conversations trail off after 750, so I post it at 750 to keep the flow going, not really to disrupt it.
Posting new thread before 750 is haram though and should not be tolerated, no matter the intent, but people will move to it anyways.
Oh well. Not much to do about it.

if you're willing to grind his affinity chart twice, sure

Pick a high level unique monster you like and smash it as often as possible.

Hope you're going to enjoy the final 3 grind

Daniel Radclyff in World Tree

It's about killing the one truly immortal being on alrest so that's pretty close.

>missing only Kos-Mos
>equip all the luck related things I can
>731 luck
>10 legendary cores
>le common blade face

>Daniel Radclyff
Is that an actual enemies name or are you fucking meeming me.
That's pretty funny if it's real

He's weak as shit until you complete his affinity
>5% str bonus on a rare blade.
Why is this allowed?

Haywire Radclyff

>10 legendary cores
>Implying that's anything

I like that this opens up affinity shit for me but jeez. I wish they weren't so bad.

Yeah but his Special Animations are sick. There's something about him brushing aside his cape, slowly walking to enemies then slamming them that's incredibly satisfying to watch and summoning a throne just so you can sit in it and do an unimpressed boss before you get up again is radical.

what is best exchange and salvage point to get justice boosters?

She would be perfect with Zeke
too bad my Zeke has like 3 spears on him right now.

It didn't really strike me as shitposting, it feels like that now any discussion with strong opinions is labeled as shitposting without solid reason.

From what I read, the discussion I saw in the previous thread really made it look like the localization was handled by people who didn't have the slightest idea of what they were doing and were too lazy to completely go through with their changes, which is why you suddenly have japanese names everywhere when you go see your common blades in your inventory.

It reeks of terrible communication between teams if Monolith didn't tell them or incompetence since the translators didn't manage to catch it or if they caught it, that they didn't care about what they were working on at all.

A king needn't use his full strength among commoners.

I always use my cores early instead of farming 99 cores.

I wonder if the devs knew how OP Zenobia would be.

But how? Pacifist?

No. >

>She's one of the more uncommon blades like Kos-Mos
>Her affinity tree is about killing every unique in the game besides the super bosses
>Her heart to heart is about how there's no way she would have fought on Mythra's side during the Aegis war because she would want to fight against Mythra for a tough fight
>Her quest line is about letting an actually immortal monster sealed away for hundreds of years free, then milling it
It's intentional

>secret bonus places
This is more than I knew.

it would be fine if the english side were consistent at all

you people who push back against japanese names and voice acting while putting the english version on a pedestal are more annoying than the actual localization, because you treat the story like it's a literary work and not straight out of a dumb anime

youtube.com/watch?v=UVpfEPjaKM4
Just keep on smashing

where do I get a golden Nopon Mask? Also how do I make Poppi a good attacker in Chapter 7? Can I not make Vanilla Poppi into an ATK?

not that user, but I don't think anyone is pushing back against it, or putting the English on a pedestal. I think someone in this conversation is just being stubborn.

XENOBLADE 2 TOTALLY ISN'T LOW KEY WAIFUSHIT BAIT TRASH DESUDESU desu DESUDESU WAAAAAAAAAAAH!
PLEASE!
BUY THIS GAAAAAAAAAAAAME :(
>no mechs
>not open world
>generic persona-esque ost
>p2w gacha mechanics
>localized not translated
>uguu am i cute now female design
>360p
W-what went wrong bros? EVEN MY MOM LAUGHED WHEN I BOUGHT THIS GAME!
Monolith. Nintendo. They did this to us bros. They turned us, the loyal and regal Xenoblade fanbase, into a laughing stock. WE CAN'T LET THIS STAND XENOBROS!!

The Japanese names aren't better. But they had a consistent theme that was absent in the localized version.

If they had bothered to do a decent localization, they would've had an equivalent schtick for Blade names. They could've gone with Royalty and Mythology, for instance. Caesar, Elizabeth, Cleopatra, etc. But they can't even decide why they want to change names.

Yeah, it is in multiple stages apparently. But for stage two, it appears when there is one of those red lobster like creatures on the right side. Move into the border of the screen where the two ether crystals are and you will be transported into the secret area, where a man with a beard will throw urchins and ether crystals at you. Each of those crystals give you tons.

are you including me in that? because i don't treat it like that. i prefer the japanese and don't care much for story

>She's one of the more uncommon blades like Kos-Mos

You're talking out of your ass here but I otherwise agree.

where did you copy this from

No, you're just an idiot.

probably /v/

>a consistent theme that was absent in the localized version.
>generic Japanese names and literal words

that is unironically how /v/ discusses a game

They aren't complete idiots, they perfectly knew, she's not one of the only two blades with 50 slots in her skill tree for nothing.

Floren is best girl(male)

>you people who push back against japanese names and voice acting while putting the english version on a pedestal are more annoying than the actual localization, because you treat the story like it's a literary work and not straight out of a dumb anime
Reminds me of Xeno1. That game was absolute trash on all fronts, but nope Nintendrones sucked it off so you can never criticize it.

>he's having his tantrum again

what's bad about it

So what exactly do you want any of us to do about?
Why are you complaining about it here, senpai?

I'd wager at the end of the day - be it through budget or deadlines -the product needs to be understandable through and through.
At some point it probably came down from the top people telling them not to over do it because the people mostly buying this game over seas don't understand what those things are, or even aware that changes exist.
that's just how things are. We can't know everything that goes on behind those doors, but I doubt it was "hmmm yeah.. just throw that on them as a name. that'll work.", but Tendy has been known to fuck up their own localization of third/first party games every now and then.
Fire Emblem: Fates comes to find when it was coming out, and people got over it.

Does the AI make use of the "cancel art into art" node or is it a waste?

Kosmos seems to have a different rarity from most blades which is why she's almost everyone's last / last 4 or so.
Zenobia also seems less common, though not nearly as rare as kosmos.

has anyone tested how much str boosts damage?

I like how every single thing in the green text is false but would be someone's first impression based on a complaint or some video footage if they're trying to find reasons to hate it.
Adds a layer of subtlety to the bait. Good stuff.

>been grinding cores for 4 days
>still no Zenobia or Kos-Mos

Stop grinding the docks
Finish the game.
Grind the vampire bitch for legendaries and rares.

To be fair, the Japanese who originally wrote it clearly did pull a 'just throw that on them as a name', because all the themed shit the user is sperging out over adds nothing to the story that isn't already present and sometimes has no relevance at all.

My mom is dead

The most impressive part about this is how he keeps the bird from riding the ledge and dropping all the items bellow desu.
too busy wasting all my time here to draw

That's exactly what I've been doing.

"All Blades are Japanese (even if you don't know they're Blades), all non-Blades aren't" is a consistent theme, though.

I don't expect anything to change. It's a topic for discussion. It's not like Xeno games haven't missed subtext with name changes before (blueblood and mimeosome, for instance). It doesn't make the game less enjoyable, and I don't blame the localization team if they didn't pick up on it or if they didn't have time to do anything with it. That is, as you said, just the reality of localizing a product.
Personally I think it's an interesting topic for conversation. I'm interested in localization and how meaning is conveyed across language barriers. I thought playing off 'blushy-crushy' as a Nopon phenomenon to sidestep explaining 'moe' was a clever change, for instance. Or the inclusion of regional dialects for character voices.

damn

damn

>It's not like Xeno games haven't missed subtext with name changes before (blueblood and mimeosome, for instance)
What were they changed from?

Try not to feel too bad

I'm sorry. I'm deleting my post user. I just wanted to try and be an edgy fucktard.

Oh I agree. which is weird because the job to localize it is sometimes very difficult because they have to give meaning to names that are literally just simple terms in Japan.

It really depends on what kind of game it is on if the decision to directly translate the names or not would be a good idea.
XB2 is not the first game in its series, so it would be stupid to directly translate the names to their respective Japanese ones since the previous ones did not do that.

While I believe it's great that they included jap voice DLC for the game, it's also a fucking curse because neither of the other two did not have this problem. and if they did, it no longer persists.

embarrassing

Fuck this grind JUST FUCKING GIVE ME KOSMOS, RNG is the true final boss of this game

shut up. I never meant to make user feel bad. That's serious shit. I feel like garbage.

Blueblood/BB was the Japanese name for MimeosomesMims. Blueblood is a term referring to nobles, so the idea is anyone with a mim is fairly privileged compared to anyone left to die on earth. But that's obvious from the rest of the game.

Like the Japanese Blade name thing it doesn't really explain too much that you don't find out from the game anyways.

Bluebloods would be utterly inappropriate as a term for advanced science in English and would give away a major spoiler from late in the game to people who don't see it as an exotic foreign word. That isn't subtext, it's text, and it's shit writing to leave that kind of text sitting there when you're going to act like it's a surprise later.

Saber Slash, Redemption, Hydro Blase good for Rex? Or should I swap one fore Water Flower?

The term mimeosome was actually blueblood in the Japanese version. Blue blood is a term that means "a person of noble birth", so it was a way to suggest that those who got on the White Whale are equivalent to nobility. Given that only the best people were picked to go on the White Whale, the nobility parallel makes sense.

>would give away spoilers
this for a lot of jap to english stuff. for whatever reason, japs just don't give a fuck about spoilers.

Ok but really what did she mean by this

dont feel too bad, people say that all the time as a response to "your mom" stuff, im guessing his mom isnt really dead or he's over it. if his mom was really dead he wouldnt say it so flippantly in an inconsequential conversation on the internet

He wants to fuck a dog.

There's that, and I think we tend to overlook how English jargon is less obviously meaningful to them since they'd have to go out of their way to find out what it means. Blueblood might be fine to people who never learn that term.

>Tora
>she

Tora is a degenerate, this is established very early on.

Where's that location in Temperantia with the lizards worshipping the ice demon thing?

the little alcove in the west part of the map, can't miss it