His dying mother asked him: "Joseph – who exactly are you now?" "Do you remember the tsar? Well, I'm like a tsar"...

>his dying mother asked him: "Joseph – who exactly are you now?" "Do you remember the tsar? Well, I'm like a tsar", replied Stalin. "You'd have done better to have become a priest" was his mother's retort.[8]
What did he mean by that?

>tfw your mommy is still disappointed in you even after you become the Man of Steel

Stalin actually cared a LOT about what his mother thought about him. His letters suggest some really sincere distress that she might feel neglected by him.

Did his mommy know about the NKVD and starvation and purges?

No, she barely knew anything. She was kept in a former palace and never really left it to go to the outside. Her understanding of the nation came all from her son and grandson, Yakov - the only of Stalin's children who could actually speak Georgian.

It could have meant a whole host of things, but probably had to do with the fact that political power is transitory, and the soul matters more than being the king of any amount Dust.

I wonder if she knew her son was an Atheist or ran an Atheistic regime.

I feel like Stalin had some outrageous Freudian shit going on with his mother.

>stalin suffered from speculative 19th century psychological afflictions that have long been debunked and abandoned by serious clinicians
okay.jpg

I don't think it was anything Freudian. He just loved her. She protected him from his violent dad and tried to help him get an education. She was the most important thing in his life and his only guiding light.

> he asked her: "Why did you beat me so hard?" "That's why you turned out so well"
Good job Keke

She beat him as was common in that time period but not nearly as bad as his father beat him.

Nothing wrong with this

Stalin really really hated getting beaten. He considered it the worst form of punishment, that's why he was so upset.

"I ment 2 sey 'i will luv u 5evr'" - Stalin

I cri evry time

yes user, people generally love their moms and high opinions of them.

He also thought that isolation was a very horrific torture that messed with your mind. When he was studying to become a priest he was often kept in isolation as punishment and it helped inspire his remote gulags.

I love my mom but I consider her an uneducated country bumpkin and I'm overall ashamed of her.

This post triggers me. You're literally subhuman if you're ashamed of your mother for being uneducated. Fucking disgusting trash. I hope you never find happiness

>this is stalin's granddaughter
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NAZIS WATCH OUT!

WE COMING!

Could be worse. One of the Nazi death camp commandant's granddaughters is half-black

To be fair, she most likely inherited Schizophrenia from her grandmother, Nadezhda Alliluyeva. The Alliluyev line is known for having mental illness.

Why does every Great Man™ have mother issues?

>not having an oedipus complex and competing with your father for mummy's love

lol at you

The monastery ended up closing years after he quit, so Keke was just an ungrateful old bitch.

Also the priests were dicks. It's clear that it was just another arm of the Russian Empire.