Is Hinduism really the only non-LARPing polytheist religion in modern times Veeky Forums?

Is Hinduism really the only non-LARPing polytheist religion in modern times Veeky Forums?

Shinto

>hinduism
>religion

colonialist pig pls

>non-LARPing

There's also:
Shinto
Folk Chinese Religion
and tribalshit religions the world over.

Also >Polytheist is murky. Are we talking about gods in the Mediterranean sense? Because take for example Folk Chinese: they technically have no gods. The "Shen" is best translated as spirit or manifestation, who ultimately draw power from Heaven, who is the real supreme being. So in a sense it makes Folk Chinks monotheistic. Or Atheistic even.

>The "Shen" is best translated as spirit or manifestation, who ultimately draw power from Heaven, who is the real supreme being. So in a sense it makes Folk Chinks monotheistic. Or Atheistic even.

Very similar to Hinduism.

Buddhsm?

Yeah I lived in Japan and never met one that genuinely believed in the gods lol

>lol

I believe in Traditional Tai spirits/gods

Our people are Buddhist but we still follow Hindu and local animist gods

Modern Chan (Zen) Buddhism is also arguably polytheistic.

Don't know why but that makes me kinda sad.

I'm not religious, it's just that shinto seems like a beautiful animistic system of belief. Individual spirits inhabiting creeks, mountains, trees etc. as well as aesthetic shrines. It's disney af.

Before any reddit-educated individuals bring up Yazidis : remember that they are a pseudoreligion that somehow formed around a cult worshipping an Islamic Caliph(wtf) and is literally as LARP as it gets if not for the fact that the idiots practicing it actually take it seriously to the point of stoning anyone having relations with someone outside their community.
also their probably inbred as fuck

Catholicism

They're actually just LARPing as aryans though

Other way around friendo- Germanics claiming to be "Aryan" despite the fact that they forgot about the word(which is sanskrit btw) until they "rediscovered it from Indo-Iranians show who the real LARPers are

>remember that they are a pseudoreligion that somehow formed around a cult worshipping an Islamic Caliph
Explain.

The name of the religion comes from the the Caliph Yazid who was revered as a savior according to most scholars . in any case, its clear that the religion only formed from Sufi Islamic influences reaching isolated mountain hicks

What I mean is that hinduism, are pooinloos LARPing as the historical aryans, as a means to produce a national identity beyond their servile nature without having to approriate Islam.

Germans are obviously not aryan as they are bog people.

Maybe, but the caste system , vedic mythology, and sanskrit language are the last remnants of Aryan civilization ever since Iranians got Islamized

And thus, hindus are pooinloos LARPing as aryans.

Therefore hinduism is LARP.

All religion is by definition LARPing. The only thing that matters is the aesthetics.

its not LARP if its a continued unbroken tradition. LARPing woud be NAzis claiming we wuz Aryan super race n shiett all of a sudden in the twentieth century

>they are a pseudoreligion that somehow formed around a cult worshipping an Islamic Caliph(wtf)

lol read something other than fucking Dabiq you goat rapist. It has literally nothing to do with Yazid. It's a Gnostic religion and it's not even polytheistic, it has a single creator and angels.

There are literally billions of Christians.

t. Iranian diaspora in america.