What was the pay-rate for your first job? (per hour)

What was the pay-rate for your first job? (per hour)

minimum wage.

which was?

I think it was $7.25/hr. This was for a barista job back in 2001.

5.25 working at a sub shop called Jersey Mikes. Quit on the spot a few weeks into it.

$20 per game (~90 min including pre game inspection) as a soccer referee. Being an autist, that shit was tough. I dreaded going to every game

I think like 4.75hr. Minimum wage.

>goat farmer
>10 an hour
>boss turned out to be a pervert

My first job was delivering newspapers to retail stores under the table for cash. I did this Saturday Night/early Sunday morning for two years in highschool. I made $120 a night doing it. Which is not bad considering it was 4-5 hours of my time and I didn't pay taxes on it.

My first legitimate job was making $11 an hour right out of high school working at a food processing plant.

$50 for cleaning up the local race track Saturday mornings after a race, took 3-4 hours to do it and it was under the table.

I'd still take that job today tbqh

$16.75/hr on a freight dock. Topped off in 2 years at $23.30. Now I sell cars, made 92k my first year.

New car dealership or used?

7.25/hr 15 hours a week. I was going to college and it was some extra money.

$11

bingo caller

Never had a job. I'm 22...

>hourly

get out.

i started at 30k june 2012

i just hit 80k

u get out of poverty at around 50k

id imagine u dont become human until you hit like 250k, or 10k a month after tax

$15/hr working for Sprint

$5.15/hr cleaning an office

I'm expecting to make over $250k this year.

Goat farmer. Obviously. Lol

$5.15 an hour 16 yrs old in 1999 @ burger King

Had a spic boss and it sucked, had to get picked up by parents or bike to work bc had no car, still remember that spics name to this day

I call bingo now, make 33 per hour..

What was his name

spic

7.75, apparently I was supposed to get paid 8.25

$15/hr electrical trainee

My first job (outside of being a TA in gradschool) was salaried at 71k per year. Per hour about $35

25 cents above minimum wage. It was a small but busy pizza place with only a few staff members. Busy busy busy.

minimum wage
$10.15/hr in 2015

$12.64, I was 16

$12 dollars an hour as an EMT in 2007 for a private ambulance. Needed to get out of there quick, but it was good experience and got me to where I am now.

It's a fucking shame paramedics are paid less than waitress

Its more complex. Paramedics can and actually are paid a comfortable family wage.

I work for a fire-department as a Paramedic and make $30 an hour (salaried) and $45 an hour overtime (which is unlimited).

You will never be rich as a Paramedic, but its not a minimum wage job as many think.

The problem is most data and most people assume an EMT is a Paramedic and at that, all EMS jobs are "the same".

An EMT for a private ambulance has 250 hours of training (3 months of community college). By the time you are a lead Paramedic working for a 911 service you at a minimum have an associates degree and an additional 1-2 years of training (academy, merit badge certifications, classes). So the pay reflects that. For those of us with bachelors degrees and beyond in a relevant field the pay is equal to other folks of equivalent education/training.

theres a jersey mikes down the road from my apartment.... fucking bomb every time

lol nice call wtf 777

I literally never worked for wage, ever.

$5 cash an hour while minimum wage was $7.25. I just thank god I had all this white privilege that gave me such an opportunity.

$3.00 per hour washing dishes.

$12/hr at 17
never worked a service industry job in my life

$7.93

Job while in college

$20.30/hr as a swimming teacher but only working 6 hours a week, sometimes 9 if I was lucky and someone called in sick

26 on average. Was fundraising for charity on the street. Started at 5/hour but got a 15 euro bonus for every person recruited. Its a highly competitive job, and 9/10 people quit within the month because they suck at pitching on urgency and desire to help.

Internship at an accountant, €250 a month, for four days a week, 8 hours a day.

So that's like less than €2/hour.

First job ever at age 14 (year 2002) at a grocery store, Massachusetts state minimum wage, $6.75

First "big boy" job (e.g. non-service/post college), $33.5k / year in 2010

Flipping burgers at 14 in 2004 in Massachusetts for something like $7/hr

just under £4 an hour as an apprentice

$6.50 an hour (2007), cleaned the shitter at the local movie theater.

Mowed a few yards a week and did general landscaping type shit for about $20/hr at 14. Hard work, but the pay was good.

About 50-100k beans a month

$6/h which was minimum wage back then. I was 14. 4 hour evening shifts of just watching a kiosk at the mall. Mom brought me hot chocolate during my shifts sometimes.

Never had a job, what do Veeky Forums?

Depends on what you consider my first job: either $5.15 washing dishes or $0.00 working on the family farm.

$12 an hour testing vidya

using that money to go all in on crypto moon missions

plan to permanently retire by age 30, never having been cucked into a single day of wageslaving at a "real" job

Calling bull shittery, vidya testing is lucrative as fuck, plus they usually give you one tiny section of the game and ask for a minimum time of something like 3 hours to be spent on that tiny fucking area, then you're supposed to file fucking bug reports, and they pay more than $12 an hour. I got almost $34 an hour.

Minimum wage - $6.25 but I got my first kiss and blow job.

$8 Canadian for assembly line packaging work when I was 14. Very heavy job on the body, worked by immigrants, or local autists who couldnt get service jobs. Its the reason I went to university, seeing this kind of shit and how it breaks down peoples bodies and how shitty they are to each other made me want to get away from it all

>t. a one-upping LARPer

Long John Silver's $5.15/hr. Minimum wage in 1998.

$8 per hour as a package handler at UPS when I was 17

Now I'm 28 and make 84k/year

Growth of my hourly (net) income retrospect:
1. 0.8LVL (~$1.60): by digging graves and picking tomatoes, cucumbers
2. 1LVL (~$2): clerk at supermarket
3. €2.50: promoting Samsung white tech
4. €4: remote programmer
5. $11: programmer for small healthcare company
6. $16: teaching assistant
7. $33: sr. software eng. (+ benefits, ~7% 401k match, no debt, and "passive" income from investments)

I love US and A.

1.20$
Cinema in Poland 2 years ago