"user, I request to know as to why you are not a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints...

>"user, I request to know as to why you are not a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The newest testament, the Book of Mormon, is the word of God that we Americans have been waiting for. I implore that you read it."

What do.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0a3eJC3qAFU
youtube.com/watch?v=46PXaJxzuDE
lds.org/new-era/1981/06/maori-traditions-and-the-mormon-church?lang=eng
lds.org/manual/doctrine-and-covenants-student-manual/section-110-121/section-119-the-law-of-tithing?lang=eng
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=0a3eJC3qAFU

>implying I would be any form of cuckstianity.

Is Mormonism to white americans as the Nation of Islam is to black ones?

>mormons
>christian

euphoric

Yes

No, because their following in South America is huge. Many Mormons ain't white.

They're also growing in Japan.

>"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book." Now feck off, you medicine showman! *slams door in Joseph's face*

don't they overinflate membership numbers? I think they count non-active members and it's hard to get your name taken off their books.

Doesn't that give Joseph proof he was right because he didn't get all plauge up?

Fek off ya teetotaling loon .

Satan's snare.

>irish whiskey
>not Red Breast

1. I'm not American.
2. I'm unconvinced that god exists.

God said we should only have one wife you heretic

Ex-Mormon. Ask me anything

What was your church's stance on the Catholic church?

>it's hard to get your name taken off their books

All you have to do is ask. Until you do however they keep you on unless you are excommunicated, which is virtually impossible nowadays.

Catholic here. My Father's family is Mormon, and I went to my first Mormon church this year for a funeral.

They seem to be genuinely very caring and nice people. In a way, I kind of envy them.

Obviously they believe total nonsense, even by religion standards, but they aren't hurting anyone, are they?

Could you answer this question if you know?

I don't really know, my family was pretty irreligious.

We went to church on Sunday, and I went to catholic school, but my dad never really liked the Mormon Church. I don't really know what they think, about us or anyone else.

Ok, thanks for responding though! Guess I'm gonna have to stop being lazy and use google/ask mormon.

Tell them I found golden tablets in my backyard as directed by an angel and that their guy has it all wrong

>"user, why aren't you apart of my neo-aryan larping cult founder by a polygamous convicted conman"
Turn 360 and walk away

youtube.com/watch?v=46PXaJxzuDE

brilliant

Different guy. Considered to be a false church that fell away from the truth over time.

They consider all Christian churches to be an abomination.

What's the deal with all of the different types of heavens?

is this accurate?

From what I can figure, there's a general spirit world, like Sheol or Hades, that everyone goes to, and then there are Heavens which the initiates into the Church go to.

I guess the Upper Heavens are reserved for people who go into the higher priesthoods and gain access to the temples.

They believe this, but they don't seem to be bitter about it, and do bizarre shit like posthumous baptisms to make sure everyone gets to go to heaven.

I'm not fucking american you cuck. Also mormon sounds like a decorated coffin or a type of worm

they're not as vitriolic about it as the SDAs.

>only americans can be mormons

I appreciate Mormons, because it helps me sympathize with Atheists.

What do you mean? Those people in the picture are americans, right?

No, Mormons are encouraged to go around the world converting peoples to Mormonism. There's a sizable Mormon population in Mexico, I hear

Two types of afterlife. Outer Darkness, which is a cold empty place where all you have are thoughts of what you could have had and bitterness (Hell) and Heaven which is everyones reward for siding with Jesus and God over Lucifer.

Heaven is split into 3 kingdoms represented by the Sun, Moon and Star.

The Star is the "worst" and is where people who were wicked on earth go. Still better than Earth life though because Heaven.

The Moon is where people who were meh about life and/or possibly people who never heard the word of god go. Way better than the Star.

The Sun is the best. It is where the righteous go. Which is in turn split into 3 kingdoms. Again, way better than the Moon. Like Upper class heaven. The first is where your general righteous people are at. The second are where people who were married within the temple are at. And the third are where people who married and had children are at. These are the ones who supposedly become like God which spawns all the mythos of there being lots of Gods.

Do they think non-Mormons can be saved?

Yes. Technically the only way you cannot be saved is if you stand before God and tell him Lucifer was right.

Dont lie to us. My aunt tried to leave the church for years and they never stopped sending people over to "show her all she would be missing" aka: they would let her take her kids with her.

Mission was mandatory until very recently.

>they would let her take her kids with her

I dont know what this means.

When I wanted to leave I called the bishop, asked for my name to be removed from the list, and I have not heard from them since. The only interaction I get are when I visit my mother, who is still a member, and someone recognizes me while I am visiting. At that point it is mostly a catching up conversation which I politely end and move on.

why did you leave?

I was raped by a man from my temple.

I found that the answers I was getting were not up to my satisfaction. Questioning the nature of God and what came before or after is not something most people are equipped to handle and I was not able to get the answers I wanted from them.

What religion are you now, if any?

I dabbled in a lot of different religions. I liked Buddhism for a while, read up on Stoicism and whatnot. If I had to say anything I would be a Deist.

What are some interesting things that distinguish Mormons from actual Christianity? What about some lesser known stuff?

For me, the key difference is LDS believes in a living Christ. Most other Christian religions believe in a dead one. Heavy emphasis is placed on Christ being alive and how he was resurrected even if he resides with his Father. It is why the Church uses Moroni instead of a cross. Other than how heaven is arranged they are not much different. Even church organization follows similar patterns.

All Christianity believes in the Living Christ.

They believe he died, was resurrected, and then ascended bodily into Heaven. Presumably that body would still be alive and not dead again.

My apologies for not being clear. By Living Christ I am referring the focus on Christs life and not his death, which is what surrounds most aspects of his worship. This includes his return as a living human and not a spirit. It is also a splitting of the traditional Holy Trinity in that there are three unique beings, not pic related

"Sorry, i don't talk to self-professed oathbreakers and perjurers."

So how do these guys deal with the lack of archaeological evidence for semitic settlements in the Americas?

That they believe other gods exist.
They believe you can become like God.
Jesus and Lucifer are brothers.
Niggers and Injuns are cursed angels/kikes.
God was the first being in the universe.
God fucked Mary.
Jesus fucked the other Mary.
Jesus came to the Injuns.

Basically not Christianity.

*wasn't the first being

a couple mormon missionaries came to my door some time ago, and here's what I said to them

>when I was younger I went on one of these super jew adventure trips set up by my temple
>the trip seems to be set up to answer the question (which I hadn't asked) of why does Israel need to exist, they did that quite well but it raised other questions
>they do this by first flying you into Prague, which was the only major jewish center to have its buildings survive ww2, because the nazis wanted to turn it into a museum. So they use this to show you what the jewish community looked like prior to ww2.
>then they take you into Poland and show you the ghettos, forced labor camps, and death camps. This is to show how that community was completely devastated.
>then they take you over to Israel and say after the destruction of the european jewish community it was decided that instead of attempting to rebuild it as it had been jews should make their own country where they can look out for eachother, instead of always being a despised minority.
>now that's all well and good, but after being exposed to the grim realities of genocide it was impossible for me to reconcile the deaths of millions of innocent people for literally no reason whatsoever with an inherently good and caring god. I ruminated on that point for a long time, but eventually came to the decision that if there is a god he obviously has little interest in the affairs of men, so I don't really see much point in organized religion.

>americans
>being good for anything else than cannonfodder for european wars
>have a word of god saying something else
top kek

so why follow all those faggy rules?

this

why even be a member

i thought mormons were supposed to be a cult, a feature thereof being exclusive salvation

Because they love God and want to do what they think he wants them to do?

Why do you think religious people are just trying to Jew God?

Because religious people try to Jew other people so it's obvious that is how they live their lives

Mormons are genuinely nice, even if they're weird and easy to make fun of.

They're the least likely to Jew anyone

They demand you constantly pay them money to be a member of their church

They are Jew as fuck

On the surface they're nice but Mormons have an extremely "keeping up with the Jones" culture and Mormon groups do a lot of racketeering

So, all Protestant Churches do that retarded tithe bullshit.

That doesn't make them not nice. You can be not nice and tax, look at the Government

>Why do you think religious people are just trying to Jew God?

>Because religious people try to Jew other people so it's obvious that is how they live their lives

I was talking about all religious people, not just Moromons

Thanks for proving my original point

>they do this by first flying you into Prague, which was the only major jewish center to have its buildings survive ww2,

That's horseshit by the way. Prague's Jewish district (Josefov) was demolished in 19th century and replaced by opulent art nouveau houses of the bourgeois. Krakow actually houses an untouched Jewish district (Kazimierz), little changed since late 18th century.

I have read it, that's the primary reason why.

>other Mary
Who?

Sorry, fell asleep. The way LDS works is, by being on earth you already won. There was a war in heaven, if you can call it such things, where God won and you sided with God. Youre just trying to learn from mistakes on earth. Free will and all that. The war was about Agentcy. The right to choose for yourself how you wanted to live. Lucifer wanted to force you to live a certain way, to be good no matter what, then return to heaven to reap your reward. Christ wanted you to choose how to act.

The Keeping up with the Jones is kind of true. I always felt it was more of a "be all you can be" kind of feel. I dont know anything about racketeering. The closest I can compare that to is you had business contacts for work.

Tithing is 10% of your earnings and 100% optional. Also tax deductible as you are donating to charity and reduces your tax burden. One thing I noticed was a lot of distrust for the government.

Mary Magdalene. What she was before she met Christ is met with speculation and Christ saved her from that life. She became a follower and witnessed his Crucifixion. The popular belief within the LDS church is that she eventually became his wife.

>Sorry, fell asleep. The way LDS works is, by being on earth you already won. There was a war in heaven, if you can call it such things, where God won and you sided with God. Youre just trying to learn from mistakes on earth. Free will and all that. The war was about Agentcy. The right to choose for yourself how you wanted to live. Lucifer wanted to force you to live a certain way, to be good no matter what, then return to heaven to reap your reward. Christ wanted you to choose how to act.

Admittedly it's been a while since I spent any time reading the bible, but isn't that basically the opposite of what genesis describes?

The Old Testament covenant was fulfilled with Christ. It is why Jews cling to it and Christians use the New Testament. It is why arguments like "youre not suppose to cut your hair or take more than so many steps on sunday" dont really work for Christians. Maybe not even for Judaism. All but the most Hasidic anyways.

I always thought it was an interesting interaction. God basically said he was changing the rules of the game and if you didnt like it tough shit. Here is the new Covenant with my people.

>The Old Testament covenant was fulfilled with Christ. It is why Jews cling to it and Christians use the New Testament. It is why arguments like "youre not suppose to cut your hair or take more than so many steps on sunday" dont really work for Christians. Maybe not even for Judaism. All but the most Hasidic anyways.

Jesus said nothing at all in support of abolishing the old testament laws... But that doesn't really have anything to do with my post. I'm talking about the genesis account of what happened, not about the laws described in the old testament.

This isnt really an LDS thing and more of a Christianity thing. When God sent a savior to mankind he fulfilled his covenant from the Old Testament. To Christianity the Old Testament is little more than interesting history of what came before Christ. It is why Christians are not Jewish.

Unless I am misinterpreting something in your post?

>To Christianity the Old Testament is little more than interesting history of what came before Christ
The history part is precisely what I'm talking about here. Lucifer being against free will and humans being reincarnated angels(or something like that) and all that? Seem to conflict with genesis and the snake(who some say was actually lucifer or possibly satan) introducing the concepts of good and evil to humanity and being punished by god for it.

Oh I think I see. In the LDS faith Lucifer and Satan are the same figure. The great tempter. He is just butthurt he lost the war but his influence is limited to exactly what he can whisper in your ear so to speak.

Two things about the Garden of Eden. Most christians agree that we are on earth for a purpose. Where they differ is what that purpose is. LDS believe that that purpose is just to exercise free will and agency. Now you cannot experience free will and agency if you live in blissful ignorance prancing naked in paradise. The general belief is either God tricked Lucifer into exposing Adam and Eve to Knowledge or God knew that is what he would do and let it happen. This plays into the whole Adam and Eve were allowed to choose what to do.

The whole thing is a complicated series of humans never knowing what Gods thoughts really are. The other part is The Book of Mormon deals with what happened in Heaven while Genesis deals with that happened after the Earth was created.

It is not 100% optional for the LDS

Maori Mormons:

lds.org/new-era/1981/06/maori-traditions-and-the-mormon-church?lang=eng

>tfw raised Orthodox
>tfw I see all these heretics claiming to be "real" christianity

Tell me more about religious tithe enforcers and what that entails.

Well for the LDS it is a LAW

lds.org/manual/doctrine-and-covenants-student-manual/section-110-121/section-119-the-law-of-tithing?lang=eng

and yet you ended up as a frogposter

god damn Christcucks are fucking jews

>mormons
>christian

>christians
>not jews

Because you're a fucking faggot and your religion is aids

Mormons are a type of Christian, user...

>why dont you believe one of the moat autistic recent faiths to come out of inbred hicks and Ameritards?
>dude you get your own planet bro
>dude Native Americans are Jews bro
Fuck off.

>what is the Nicene Creed

>Catholic here
>but Mormons believe in total nonsense
Call the kettle black some more user, ao do you.

Why is the universe full of dead rocks and shit?

Are these the planets that were given to really shitty gods?

Did you have trouble sympathizing with us before mormons?

Do they believe in Christ? Yes or no?

For you christfags:

Were you guys believers as children? Were you devout (as in, went to mass every Sunday, and all that stuff)? I haven't met anyone who is edgy enough to be on a Somalian carpet-flying observation forum whilst having had a very traditional religious up-bringing.

Bumping this.

/pol/ and most of this site is filled with obnoxious christfags, lurk moar.