/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup? Find your crash log stalker.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Quickstart Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1cnQeURGCjHTRPOGJH8G5ijP1fw5vbVWSE7opABcBpNk
>Mod Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1JPA0hQZVJ6mSvTsp6Sy3CoAkObJOKeoPHEamDC19Lio
>Miscellaneous Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/103nyaAM5PKgBwuZ35jRbv7VM7tEcvi1Scv6boOMe1RM
>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7
>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html
>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!Z7RjwaBS!PYNDw9ugMSojbpUDgIACHQ
mega.nz/#F!oqgWWK4K!PStfjPLon_3UpVU-atgQeQ
mega.nz/#F!1zAilAoZ!xw3kb1awC1csjv2dMlb7Mw
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!RQoBEKaC!uyAfMXpgRdvc1CPBxocr7A
mediafire.com/?eb3nzh929em51
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
moddb.com/mods/stalker-last-day/addons/small-last-day-tweaks
my.mixtape.moe/zsoqrr.webm
stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Serbin
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z7RjwaBS!PYNDw9ugMSojbpUDgIACHQ
>Clear Sky
mega.nz/#F!oqgWWK4K!PStfjPLon_3UpVU-atgQeQ
>Call of Pripyat
mega.nz/#F!1zAilAoZ!xw3kb1awC1csjv2dMlb7Mw
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg

>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!RQoBEKaC!uyAfMXpgRdvc1CPBxocr7A
mediafire.com/?eb3nzh929em51

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ

>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

first for comfy fires

What major mod should I use for SoC? I ragequit AMK 1.4 because this doctor kept getting blown into the air on his quest path by some zone dust devil.

Nice meme extension and attitude faggot. You get no help from us zone veterans.

What attitude? I'm looking for help....

i could help you, but first you must rescue Kruglov to prove your worthiness

Is the game trying to tell me not to use saiga or is this a feature?

what is

Trying to aim up and down with saiga makes the game add some left and right movement. Other weapons work fine.

using saiga makes you jerk your mouse around like a sperg and blame it on the game apparently

I mean what mod and addons

Misery 1.0

>misery

I assume you mean misery 1.1

try going into the weapon config file
gamedata\configs\weapons\w_saiga.ltx

and lowering crosshair_inertion

>I ragequit AMK 1.4 because this doctor kept getting blown into the air on his quest path by some zone dust devil.

Bitch, try some simbion and then tell us something about ragequitting.

>Load up simbion because nostalgie
>All NPCs besides Doctor get into anomaly and die
>Tunnel to Dark Valley has either electrochimera or a picrelated
> many anomalies
> MANY ANOMALIES
> FUCKING MANY ANOMALIES
> Blowout happens
> Hide at Sidor's bunker
> Get cut off from the rest of the world by Vortex.
> APC rides up to the hangar at Garbage

Okay, last one was, porbably from different mod I used to play several years ago.

Where mods in this game only developed to make the player suffer?

What did you do about it?

Nothing. It has inventory management system that was especially retarded (like, not only it counted weight, but also the number of cells used), which ruined my immersion since I was playing a version before this "feature" was introduced.

Also it was ridiculously low, which would make certain quests that AMK/NLC/NS love to throw in impossible.

Welcome to the russian mod scene.
Yes, those are made to make player suffer.
The least clusterfucked and most reliable one of those is NS2016, but there were rumours about new patch requiring new game, so I'm waiting for that to roll out.

What is that?

> Kruglov to prove your worthiness

Here is the quote from AMK forum via 2009, guide on the Narodnaya Solyanka:

>If you already have arrived at Rostok, beware, as a horrifying challenge awaits you: worst nightmare of a tester, abomination created by GSC to haunt every unfortunate stalker: Professor Kruglov
> Even in the original it was bugged as hell, but now, with an addition of quests of the Solyanka and Dynamic anomalies, he has achieved his final, monstrous form.
>Some of the bugs:
>WT: Everything can happen, he can hang and not react to anything, he can talk and than hang, he can run away, while mumbling "fuck this shit" to himself. And yes, save-load won't help you, only autosave before entering the location. Same if he suicide rushes the nearest anomaly. Also, he can get his ass fried in the final tunnel, but here you can cheat - just run forward as far as you can - chances are that he will go offline and alife won't consider chances of him going into anomaly. That doesn't mean he won't get into anomaly after passing the tunnel, though. Sometimes he hangs on Wolfhound's death.

>Yantar: Measurements are usually fine, but he tend to stuck in the bunker. Problem is that he goes into permanent hypernation upon completion of the custom quests. How you can wake him up? Three ways: Smoke nades, Blowout or Horror Hour. If that doesn't help than autosave or loading to the moment when he was awake.

I personally see Kruglov as personification of the devil

Naked, smiling predator - special kind of bloodsucker or something.
Quite chilly actually, if you trap him with the dynamic anomalies.

Hey thanks a lot for this. I couldn't find anything on it. So only use the autosave, got it.

I think now he should be less buggy. But back in 2009 it was quite a problem to handle this fucker.

overcome this challenge and you will be one of us

>Last Day mod
>found Doc, gave me labs to check out
>I can't enter X-18
>"this path is unknown"
wut

Would do it again, but I am waiting for a new patch to come out for NS2016.

Could try going for it in DMX or OP-1

is there a way to get the misery textures/look/sounds etc but not get the horrible misery gameplay?

?
I never had any trouble with Kruglov in WT.
In Yantar it was a bit different, so many times I had to rush that fucking tunnel, clear out everything around the bus and he still got either EEEE'd by a controller that just left the complex or 180 across the map by a zombie but if you know what to look out for, it is no real problem.

Kruglov would always die for me before I even find him

>He goes long way around the railtrack to safe Kruglov

LD with addons.

>Not making an insane action-movie kill spree through the mercs to get to trashbag man

He said without

I have the same issue too. I started as a Stalker and even purchased the secret routes from vendors in great swamp and cordon. kms. Anyone else?

m8 just go rambo and the mercs, there's a lot of cover around the area

>there is a serbian character in stalker
>he only exists in a sidequest and his entire purpose is to get shot by you
thanks ukrainebros

Addons can remove the majority of horrible autistic memery gameplay to make a 'darker CoC' experience though.

Fixed your image senpai

Thx m8

>Poroshenko pillow

>censors weebshit
>leaves other weebshit
>fixed
What?

Wait, who?

weebshit about waifus

All those million years that mankind dragged its ass across the surface of this planet and they still don't know shit about morale or decency. Disgusting.

You niggers need to disable the fucking route mechanic until they decide to let you choose what routes to buy and not to gamble for them.

moddb.com/mods/stalker-last-day/addons/small-last-day-tweaks

also these guys are the ones that complain about every single thing because it breaks the lore but then sleep on some 2d girl

The only offensive thing about this is how shit the graphics are and how poorly composed it is.

Can someone link the laat thread please. Op and archive is retard, "no search function"

Is this mod compatible with CoC/LD? Sauce me up stalker, I want to travel the zone with my waifu

>cares about video game lore
>busts his nuts to asian drawings of underage girls
I don't even know anymore. People fucking suck.

What? Fuck off with that crap.

CTRL+F, you nitwit.

***last thread

Fucking thank you

Ur an idiot

On a scale of 1 to 10 how delusional and autistic are you? Wait I'll answer for you.

Boo hoo, you break my heart.

#triggered

what was the parameter to run CoC without Cop registry files?

-skipreg I think

-skip_reg

why is he drinking milk

thx

Comfy
my.mixtape.moe/zsoqrr.webm

I finally got CoC 1.5 + SR + AW + OWR working. I also have Smurth's dynamic hud, it's made for 1.4.22 but it doesn't break the game, however I can't get the consumable animations. Is there a workaround?

Anyways, I'm having fun being a Dutyer and sneaking up on solitary Freedumbs with my makarov, but it's going to get boring really fast because nobody gives me any quest. Is this how freeplay is supposed to be?

How can I get CoC to have an actual poverty phase rather than having NATO weapons everywhere in the first 10 minutes? This shit isn't fun.

what do you mean no quests? have you ben talking to people?

why aren't YOU drinking milk? you think you have bones strong enough to survive in the zone stalker?

Delete this

Yes and 90% of the time they tell me to fuck off. The remaining 10% is 90% of the time "hey bring me an AS VAL".

I was expecting the Duty squads or the Duty leader to ask me to help them destroy Freedom.

>no one gives me any quest
talk to literally anyone and ask if they have something for you to do. you should be able to fill your quest log without even leaving the bar
although without weapons you're gonna have a fun time going to the swamp to defend against mutants

Play Last Day

destroy duty yourself then

>freedom
sorry

Gives me constant 'an unhandled exception has occured' errors even without addons.

You fucked up son, no other explanation.

>you need to be freedom to destroy duty
>playing meme factions with allies
>having allies

>Goes ahead and hangs out with zombies

This is what everyone tell me.

monolith is actually fun to play
and pic related too but in a different way

Installing CoC for the time right now. What addons do you guys recommend to make the experience more refreshing? I've played stalker games quite a lot but haven't modded them that much, AMK and graphics overhauls etc. I want to feel the zone like I did when I started playing the games.

pick up a weapon mod, DoctorX has plenty of interesting gameplay dynamic mods that make the zone a bit more... dynamic
>i want to feel the zone like I did when I started playing the game
heh

obviously the man just wants to get drunk and you are bothering him with your incessant questions
actualy answer: I don't know man, I do the same thing and it works for me, try looking through the addons configs files and see if any of them might have something to do with that

>DoctorX
LoL

stupid question, are OWR and STCoP compatible?

With DoctorX --> Get some quests, some shitty, some okey, but isn't taking anything away from your game.

Without DoctorX --> Don't have said quests.

>Lol drmeme kill urself fag I'm lmaoing at ur life

stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Serbin
A literally who guy with a unique name that you smoke

Idk, doctorx quests crashes my game when I speak with sid in vanilla CoC

You know what I'm talking about, personally no other game world has struck me like the zone. Obviously it has lost some of its shine after turning over every rock and seeing the same landscapes dozens of times.

DoctorX sounds interesting, I'll give it a try. Unless has a better alternative

Doctor X disables companions,fuck that

It literally doesn't you mong. DocX quests are in Last Day and you can still have companions with enough rep with your faction.

No

I would but I have literally no idea what to look for. I don't have a single addon related to quests or NPC behaviour.

Shucks, thanks man

what happens if you start a new game?