I want to cause a violent revolution where I live, forming an independent Northumbrian state

I want to cause a violent revolution where I live, forming an independent Northumbrian state.

Where do I start? Historically how did nationalist and seperatist movements break off from empires to form independent nations and states? What techniques where used to gain the masses on their side?

Also just a general thread on Northumbra and seperatist movements.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eZ7greLmS3I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrying_of_the_North
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you need good people skills and a dedicated cadre of people to form an inner party willing to die for you and your cause

seeing as how you post on Veeky Forums, you're probably disqualified by default

>you need good people skills and a dedicated cadre of people to form an inner party willing to die for you and your cause
I have autism
Am I going to have to win over some charismatic Mussolini-esque dude to pull this off?

>I have autism
You didnt have to write that out. That was basically assumed already

On low man power social media is your friend.

2 years of straight memeing. Recuit,Bam you run for a public position and do your own brexit

Get Soros, Russia and the EU to fund you.
Make an awareness program to fan the flames of regional identity.
Arm the people.
Find a match to light it.

Brexit went through, there will be no secession movement in rural England. If Brexit had been rejected, nationalist sentiment might have risen among the rural anti-Londoners, but as it is there is no way you could convince the people of Northumbria that they'd be better off independent.

Isn't that the shittiest part of England? Genuine question from an American to roastbeefs.

Shittiest part of England is London.
A bloated mess of concrete and steel, in which everyone is an inhuman arsehole, and for a £100'000 a month you can afford a flat the size of a tiolet cubicle.

like already: said shitpost about how you are supressed as a Northhumbrian constantly (online and in reallife!).
Some memesters gonna join you for fun.
You have your first supporters
Found a party
than try to get conspiricy theorists somehow, there easy to get and become fanatic/militant fast.
If you just have some people supporting you can run with any agenda and get votes! Not only look at Trump (to serious/realistic proposals), for Germany Martin Sonneborn from the party Die PARTEI is in the Europeen Parliament, his slogan was Ja zu Europa/Nein zu Europa (Yes to Europe/No to Europe). But they have a lot more stupid demands: rebuilding the Berlin wall, making a big lake out of the city of Stuttgart, building a redioactive waste diposery in the center of Berlin.... A few months ago they got around 2% at a vote in Berlin, while being the biggest party that didn't get a seat in the parliament.
Keep your claims early 30s fascist/Trump/new right stupid and you gonna get more votes faster than them.
After that run for local politics in your region and work your way up till you have 20% of the population regional behind you.
If you have balls start a guerilla war against the Queen IRA like.
Get international support (other separtist, religious fanatics,commies/nazis in the underground, foreign intellegicene...)
Win.
There you have your indendent Northhumbria

I will support practically any cause that leads to England's demise

I will support this. Not only for Northumbria. I think England needs breaking up to save the union. It's too dominant in terms of population numbers and therefore causes independence feels in Scotland and Wales.

We need a federal Britain. Bring back the Heptarchy!

>textbook yugoslav balkanization
I'm surprised Scotland isn't super butthurt about England being dominant in terms of population like Croatia was with Serbia.
They voted to stay..... And i was really surprised.

good, get the south east away from the rest of the scum.

Pretty much, the most deprived and plenty of other places have better landscape than it too.

Youd only live there if you were born there or wanted some boring land in the middle of nowhere on the cheap.

youtube.com/watch?v=eZ7greLmS3I

better landscape? do they fok?!

we were fooled into cuckholdery by the london dominated media. Propaganda machine was too strong, plus voter demogrpahics went against the yes vote: over 55s, the largest voting demographic, who take all of their political knowledge from the BBC news and mainstream newspapers were 70-30 in favour of the union. A professor at the University of the West of Scotland actually proved that the BBC news was 2-1 in favour of a no vote. In contrast, the younger generation were 70-30 in favour of yes, those who took their knowldge from the internet, a more open field with access to all points of view.

Reported to MI6

you don't stand a chance

also can we not tear this country apart?

seriously, they should have a maximum voting age. the older generations seem to ruin every vote. fucking baby boomers.

I can't even look at that baby boomer thread it just makes me mad. Such is the cyclical nature of history I guess, we fuck things up through human nature, then work really hard to make things right, then fuck things up again etc.

savage

Aw most of the pricing in london is location
if you don't mind having to walk more than 5 minutes to a tube prices are actually fairly decent. You know, as decent as pricing gets in a large metro area.

>old people who have contributed more than young millennials shouldn't be allowed to vote because they don't vote the "right" way

was gonna do
t. [insert british enemy here]
but then I realised there are too many to narrow it down.
Which brand of defeated enemy are you?

topkek check the baby boomer thread man

Do you realise that the Scottish economy is dependant on England? The amount of fucking money we give you lot is ridiculous. Seeing as how you fat, pathetic alcoholics rely on us, wanting independence is fucking rich.
I'm all in favour of Scottish independence - English living standards would rise.

The bait is strong with this one.

Please go shitpost somewhere else, this isn't /pol/ or /b/

Being bitter about people who have it better off than you did is very unattractive

hmmmmm.

What the south gains financially, they lose in likability. Southerners are lonely, unfriendly and spiteful. Hating and being hated by literally the entire world.

There was a referendum on this about 10 years ago; everyone said 'no'. Not exactly for full 'independence', but regional autonomy, like Wales.

that's why there is need for a revolution

that's clearly only for england and wales, soctland isn't one whole region, also, where is norn iron?

Y'know all the Appalachian white trash we have in our country?

This is where they came from

Northumbria was the most civilised part of Britain for centuries.

Until William the Conqueror basically glassed the entire area.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrying_of_the_North

Meant for

Thank you concerned Citzen! You're data has been reported to the local GCHQ operative.

It's by population. Scotland has the same amount of people as does the South in one region.
Problem being that they're all dirt poor benefit scroungers.
No idea why NI isn't included, not relevant enough I guess.

>Where do I start?
Hartlepool.

there is huge diversity in Scotland in terms of rich and poor not accounted for in that data, I'll concede that we are less wealthy than the south west, but so is every part of Britain, at leas the scots can say there is a unified political voice which is left leaning. This is why independence is even a question. Our vote doesn't count in any general election because there are so few of us, but we roundly reject right wing government year on year, and yet the Tories are still in power. Every Scottish constituency voted to stay in Europe and yet we will be brexiting alongside you cunts. Let's hope we get another referendum soon.

should say south east my bad

Once again, the Normans ruin everything

why did you vote to stay in uk then! remember seeing the map, it was all leave uk geographically except like dundee and glasgow