What is the consensus on these guys? I know they all suck when it comes to working hours but how about their exit opps?

What is the consensus on these guys? I know they all suck when it comes to working hours but how about their exit opps?

You have to admit the idea of putting 3-5 years of your 20s and then exiting to a pretty high management position in industrt does sound pretty good. Making 100k+ before you're even 30 and having older people work under you.

I know investment banking pays more, but that route is limited to some (ivies) and is not as transferable as a CPA with b4 expierience.

Try like 8-10+ for leaving with a pretty high management position.

How is having older people work under you a plus? You will get nothing but fucking resent.

Well OP I work at a very similar consulting firm as an actuary. Not one of the 4 you listed, but almost as big and we deal with similar work.

I am only 21 but make 75k a year and just started here 4 months ago.

I also went to an Ivy though and wanted investment banking, and most of my friends considered consulting a fallback job in case investment banking didn't turn out, which it didn't for me. Anyway, I can answer questions if you want about it.

My hours are incredible here, but I've been told it gets worse. Right now there just isn't a whole lot for me to do since my office is something of a branch for the main office so they are a lot busier than we are. This place is extremely comfy and the company pays for all my studying expenses, etc. It really feels like I just get paid to study and shitpost on Veeky Forums all day at my own free will here.

>putting 3-5 years of your 20s and then exiting to a pretty high management position

? Naive viewpoint.

Agree. I'm 30 and work for a non big four consulting firm. The older people on-site I have to manage hate me. The pay is good though. Hours are shit and I have no life outside of work. Stress levels are off the charts.

Or you could go straight into law school from undergrad for 3 years, make $180k starting at big law by your mid twenties for the same kinda hours, but be infinitely smarter

An incredibly competitive job for people willing to sacrifice an incredible amount of time and energy in order to earn slightly more than average

exactly, but you can fire their ass if they try to start shit.
3-5 - Assistant controller/Controller

I know a tax manager who left his fifth year and is now a controller.

Controller is beneath CFO, so I'd say it a pretty high position.

Yea but you're not counting the debt that you accrue. Big Law means Big expensive school, means big expensive loans, there is seldom any scholarships/grants for masters and up. That 3 years of debt+interest that gets capitalize.

This, plus you basically have to hit management at the B4 to be worthy of a 6-fig management job at one of your client companies (which is basically the only way you're going to get a job that isn't just as soul-sucking as middle management at a B4).

>I know a tax manager who left his fifth year and is now a controller.
Tax manager 5 years in is not the norm.

>exactly, but you can fire their ass if they try to start shit.
Not even close to how office politics work btw

I graduated with a Masters in Accounting in August. I probably should have taken a job with them.
I'd be in a much better position than I am now, but I have a job that pays decently and I don't have to work 80 hours a week.
Just depends on how you want to live your life.

Yea I did my 150 in undergrad, quite funny actually.

No one was hiring me for industry, and they gave me a chance. I'm willing to stick it out for 3-5 years.

Beside I have nothing to spend my money on.

No GF
No Family (one that i start)

plus I went to a pretty shitty school, I have 22k in debt will be making 63k. Overall Pretty good.

I fucking hated the smug assholes in school that would talk about their internships. It's like I was scum because I didn't want to work 12 hours a day.

would it make you feel better that I'm not like that?

I'm just happy i got the opportunity. I also know the work expectations. I'm down for it, better to work too much, than work too little if I had to choose.

Hey, I'm happy for you. If that is what you want to do than that's great.
I just really didn't like my peers in school. Not many other lazy accountants where I was.

wow really? Mine are filled with lazy accountants.
I just didn't want that. I think the reason why so many people complain about them is because their all middle class kids.

The most down to people I've met there including the partners, all worked for what they got.

Further proof that life is a meme simulation optimized for unhappiness, I guess.

I'm studying engineering and I've spoken to a few people from the big4. They are wage slaves in navy suits and cufflinks, and they're a lot dumber than they'd like to admit. If you think you can just up and leave after 5 years and find a job in management, then you are kidding yourself. btw, hitting $100k just before 30 is nothing special. the big4 looks good on the resume, and it's definitely something you can write home about, but you will only get out of it what you put in. There are 40 year olds stuck in the same position; that could be you.

Can i do anything at these firms with a major in economics and a minor in statistics? PWC EY and Deloitte recruit fairly heavy from my school for a state school.

Advisory

Btw OP should update his pic. EY have a new logo.

What is the consensus on these guys? I know they all suck when it comes to risk but how about their exit opps?

You have to admit the idea of putting 3-5 years of your 20s and then exiting to a nice beach in S. Korea does sound pretty good.

My girlfriends Aunt and Uncle both work for Deloitte as accountants. They have a nice ass house with all the money they could ever need.

title means dick. there are people that didnt go to college that are "controllers"

CPA here. I skipped big four and went straight into industry. Big four will give you a $10k salary boost but it is by no means necessary. The demand for accounting is so strong and so few have the autism for it that you will find a job in 5 seconds.

That being said I quite hate it and am planning to quit and teach english in a few years.