Browsing job postings

>Browsing job postings
>Wanted: Senior Accountant
>$38,000/year
>CPA strongly preferred

Don't fall for the accountancy jew dudebros. You can make more money in a different major or make the same doing something you actually enjoy.

Other urls found in this thread:

glassdoor.com/Salary/McDonald-s-General-Manager-Salaries-E432_D_KO11,26.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

isnt cpa like 4 years?

plus just move to like misori or texas lol

Shitty places are going to end up getting what they pay for. The same thing happens to me in marketing, people that want 5+ years of experience for $35,000. Well, they're not gonna get it. They're going to manage to pull some kid fresh out of school, if that.

Meanwhile I make $80k working for a major company that knows what to pay qualified employees.

It's me again. I know I brag about this a lot but I want you to know you could all do this too.
Reminder:
>Actuary, 4 months out of college here, only passed 1 test when I was hired
>Hired before graduating
>75k starting, excellent location (halway between New York and Philadelphia but not in a big city so easy living expenses)
>Majored in mathematics and got to be STEM in college
>Get paid to study all day, all study materials paid for by company, get excellent benefits
>Company is employee-owned so all profits come back to us
>Salary is determined 100% by number of tests passed, not by who likes who or if anyone likes me or anything
>Get realistically about 90 minutes of actual work per week, rest is spent shitposting on Veeky Forums and reading books about finance for fun, though I understand that over the next few years I may start to pile on more responsibilities and workload could increase, but for now I'll enjoy it
>get to apply all my finance knowledge my company pays me to study to my own investments
It's like being an accountant without any of the shitty parts. I'm at work posting this right now and I have 10 Veeky Forums tabs open and several crypto exchanges and Shark Tank in the corner eating free pizza and drinks from the company kitchen in my office where nobody can see me.

CPA is a four-part professional examination. Each part costs about $200 depending on your state and has under a 45% pass rate. You must pass all four parts plus an ethics exam to become certified. It is possibly the hardest professional certification to get.

And then jew fuckers want to pay you under $40k.

Anybody still in college should listen to this guy. One of my stat professors told me to become an actuary instead of an accountant. I didn't listen because it would have added an extra year to my schooling. Biggest mistake of my life.

acontants arent even real jobs lol

In Canada, the biggest fucking mistake was the CA/CGA/CMA merger. Instantly oversaturated the field and allowed companies to offer $35k wages due to huge supply.

Glad I expected the merger years before it happened, and got out the accounting field. Clearing 60k now as a regional sales manager with room for growth

I cannot stress how nice it is to have your salary determined by how many tests you can pass, not by promotions or anything.

And OP, you can become an actuary just by passing a few tests (they're only 30-35 questions each) and then applying for the jobs, assuming you went to college. You're expected to self-study them anyway, so you've got nothing to lose. But given enough tests passed, anything else like your GPA can be brushed aside because it's the tests that matter. And if you decide it's not for you, you can take what you've learned about finance and apply that to your life or go search for a job in some other financial services job.

I had a roommate in college who was studying to be an accountant and wanted to take the CPA. She was hot as fuck and very ditzy. But guess what, she passed all her classes AND the CPA. I doubt it could be that hard.

Stupid people can pass exams too. They just have to study harder.

nigger what?
I have an MBA and start a job fresh out of college on monday at 42k/y

>Master of Business Administration
>glassdoor.com/Salary/McDonald-s-General-Manager-Salaries-E432_D_KO11,26.htm

actually at my school it falls under masters degree in accounting
and it's an accounting job working directly with the controller
nice meme though

I call troll post.
Probably why the job is still out there. I'd rather stay in public accounting, 64k as first year associate.

Every hates accountants until they actually need an accountant, fucking odd I swear. Any serious company knows the need for having a good accountant.

64k is laughable when dental hygienists make 73k for 2 years of school and no overtime.

Yea but in the long run?

I got B4 on my resume and I consider it all a huge bootcamp for my CPA. Public accounting pyramid promotions exist for a reason.

I also grew up poor, so I didn't go to a top notch school like everyone on Veeky Forums. I just work hard.

I'm studying accounting but I'm not from USA. I'm 23 right now so I want to open my head a little about other possibilities.
I would like to know why is a bad desicion to study this?
Why it sucks?
Also what should I do if im about to graduate as an accountant. What should my next step be? What are my options?
Thanks

Dumbasses get Phds, CPA's, pass the Bar, etc. all the time. It's got nothing to do with being smart, just the willingness to study.

>Wanted Phd Organic Lead Synthesis
>60 hrs per week
>50 euro per week on top of 100 euro welfare
>2.5 euro an hour lel

>22k euro offered for an R and D Scientist
>End up working 55hrs min a week
>Lab is a fucking mess, all the instruments are broken
>All the polymers used in the paint formulations are fucking gone off
>Special Needs Lab Tech leaves fucking milk and raw eggs spilled everywhere
>Lo and behold this motherfucker has been basically fabricating results for the past 12 years
>Wastes all his time trying to explain what an average is to me
>Keeps trying to waste my time getting me to clean the fucking floors when I'm trying to recalibrate all the equipment
>Hear this fucking cuck badmouthing me because I'm too busy doing real work to clean fucking polymers off the floor
>Mention that the instruments are shit and all the stock is fucked and that this fucker is just fucking making shit it up
>conveniently fired just before probation is up

Lol u haven't even been memed yet

yep, if the pay doesn't get to you then the politics will. i was let go from my last job before my probationary period was over. they were in the wrong since what i was cited for being let go over was a rule (that i had followed) that was implemented the previous work week on friday.

Yeah, but they have to clean peoples teeth. That job is nasty and you'd have to pay me 200K+ a year to do it.