/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1128 - Cream and Cheese Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

And here are some more answers since post was too long

Rudeness aside, user has a very important point. Reason why new and "new" additions are so limited is to prevent the integrity form being destroyed. At most, you'lll have an allusion to things like in the actual comics, but let's not water things down, and actually work with what the New 252 gave us.

I mean, there is a LOT to work with, and lots of characters that never got thier time in the sun, like Abyss the Squid...

Don't you wonder what she's up to? If all you're into with Light of Hope is just to see ships, random OCs, and interaction with them and Sonic, you're probably going to be disappointed.

Anyways, feel free to ask more questions, share critiques/suggestions/concerns. I'll be here for a while. And don't forget for the Holiday Special coming soon.

solly

I want to cream Cream.

I wonder if it's possible to port shaders/textures from Shuffle to the Dreamcast models mod for SADX?

>KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE

Do you guys have any reaction faces from Rouge or Silver? Can't find any.

>Ian is writing yet another video game comic
>It's ARMS

That issue isn't actually that bad.
It's surrounded by a lot of the dumb Royal Sally/Early Mina/High School cancer shit tho.

Not the person you asked but I felt like drawing something anyway.

Ebony's cute, tried to make her look a bit more cat-like, like Blaze.
I suck at anatomy so LT. Dan has no legs.

Someone draw Nicole showing her signature Arms.

Does the MUH-RIA backstory apply to Boom?

There were two kinds of issues back around the #100 mark. Comfy and absolute cancer. You basically rolled the dice every 4 weeks to see which one you got.

No. Shadow is a natural hedgehog in Boom.

Post Hanukkah Sonic pics

Are Hedgehogs God's chosen people?

Yes. Hedgehog Master Race

Best ship alert. Inferior couples need not apply.
Shipfags, post cute.

Evidence?

We don't know. All we know about Boom Shadow is that he and Sonic have been arch-rivals from way before the games, show, or comic.

What game is this Rouge pic from?

shaloame

I could never get over the fact that he had a racecar bed.

Practicing sanics so I did some doodling. Mostly Archie sanic. Not sure what's Sonic is doing up there, the his arms just sorta went.

Will there be any sex or swearing?

How does one circumcise a hedgehog?

I'd rather showing off her legs

GUN, Maria, and the Ark aren't a thing in Boom.

Nice OCs

Just kidding, nice work

*stuck*

Koreans finally drawing cutest girl

What if the IDW comic is based on the Sonic Boom TV show universe in the way that the Archie comic was similar to the SatAM show?

This probably isn't the board for it, but is uncircumcised foreskins really a thing some people find disgusting? Circumcised looks way more gross, and is on the same level of "But why?" as docking dog tails.

I wish I could remember what that backstory that one user tried to give sage so i could laugh at it.

Can you keep up?

but that's not cream

What is the worst taste you've ever seen, pic related

Maybe not, but it's stiff competition

Yeah. You'll find a lot of Americans and Christians too have a lot of excuses for circumsizing, but its mostly just a crock of pseudo science and religious bullshit. I wish I knew what having one was like. They're pretty nice to look at, and are super fun to play with.

Pls no.
I like boom, but we're looking for new stuff. We're trying to stray away from
nostalgia and rehashing, remember? Star Wars and EA already beat that shit to death.

>Sonic
>Mega Man
>ARMS
>After all this he still wants to attempt a Bubsy miniseries for some reason

Jesus fuck can the man be stopped?

anyone who considers sonic cd better than any of the original trilogy

>Sonic Heroes above half those games
>Sonic Colors worse than 06
>Shadow the Hedgehog better than Sonic 1 or 2
The fuck? Who made this list?

People who go out of their way to shit on other people's opinions, regardless of what their own opinions are.

I'm reminded of that one pic where Sonic is giving Sticks a lesson in being a "lady."

Super Sonic is a good boy!

I'm beginning to think Ian was a mistake.

ARMS is getting a comic?

Hey Shadowbabs, nice planet you got here.

Thanks.

Yeah published under Dark Horse, they're giving out a freebie during free comicbook day.

because he nails a lot of writing jobs? I appreciate him for it, honestly. I appreciate his work ethic and his willingness to tackle these things, especially because in the case of Sonic and Mega Man he does them rather well.

He's certainly not a perfect writer but for his flaws something kind of warms me to know he's a reliable enough autist to provide fun writing for the series I care about. rip Archie Mega Man

Your vagueness makes it sound lewd is it?

Go home government conspiracy

being uncut isn't all that. the only thing good about is my wiener doesn't look dry as a desert

but user, how will I feel superior to others?

in the old testament (classic era), no

Honestly, until IDW was announced, I thought Ian would have trouble finding work, but honestly, the comic dying only made him stronger
>Head writer of IDW Sonic
>Did a bit part on the Forces game apparently
>Did the official Forces comics
>I know this is before, but he wrote 1 or 2 episodes of Boom
>Writing the ARMs comic
>Doing some other projects that while niche, do show that he's still somewhat valued
The post-Robotnik revival/Pre-Slap issues are the least memorable issues of the comic. I read through all of them a couple years back and outside of the Mina drama, Chaos Knuckles, Not!Ova story and the cosmic piss puddle (And the Wolf Pack issue), most of it was just plain unmemorable.
I doubt it. The concept art is clearly going for the Modern designs, and basing it off Boom makes 0 sense considering that the subseries is basically dead, with Boom only persisting because it had to finish season 2.
Ian on Bubsy could either be amazing or the cringiest meme-fest ever conceived and I want to see it happen, just to see if he could pull it off

I mean it makes sense why he's gotten so much. How many video game comic writers can you think of off the top of your head? Sonic's always been a weird anomaly since most die really quickly, plus he has a generally good reputation. He's not the messiah, but he's generally a safe bet to get for a licensed comic

Also this You could maybe do better, but you can do a HELL of a lot worse.

It is, but you probably wouldn't like it.

Huh. Interesting.

You could become the best competitive gamer in the world, then shittalk everyone so that the drive to beat you is greater, then you can beat all who appose you and rub it in, only to fuel the fire more and so on and so on.

>More pictures of Twintelle
I'm in, when's free comic book day?

I will, honest

His design annoys me. It's just so final boss of a PS2 era final fantasy game. Like, I got his star alien look, and it was nice to see it kind of looked like Shadow's quills.

My autistic headcanon goes
>Gerald views the echidna shrine before Maria comes on board because he was researching the Echidna's and shit
>fail to make a lizard
>decides maybe not to base his lifeform on something that has hardly evolved from dinosaurs
>base it on that Super Hedgehog he saw in a mural, shining, full of hope, fighting robots
>Gerald's a dork
>So Gerald has a gold, up-quilled looking motherfucker in a pod who isn't taking regeneration well
>Black Doom makes a visit
>Why don't we inject him with this?
>Pros: Immortality
>Cons: His nice gold fur gets The Alien Colour Scheme for only £2.99 on PSN
>Gerald doesn't care, what could be the harm of both playing gods and making deals with aliens
>EVERYTHING

Super Sonic is responsible for the death of millions, go back to bed Ebony.

>>More pictures of Twintelle
Imagine: ABT drawing Twintelle. Or better yet, BUTLER drawing Twintelle

What if fused his names into one: Eggbotnik?

May 5th
>Going for Twintelle when Min-Min is already perfection incarnate.

I just beat Sonic MAnia, or at least I got the normal ending since I only got one Chaos Emerald. I've had a blast and I can't wait to truly beat it and go Super Sonic, plus I still have to play as Tails & Knuckles too.

I can go back to any level now. So I just have to keep going to each one, find the big rings and do the remaining Special stages, then the true final boss will unlock?

I should kill you guys for having such bad taste in Sonic.

Fuck, how can I get hired to write for a comic? It's honestly kind of my not-dream to at least write for some minor arcs. Is nepotism the only way?

I get that Sonic CD didn't have a Super form for obvious reasons, but "Time Warrior" Sonic which turns him into a fluorescent purple is kind of a weird idea too for a mod.

I should kill you for having such Sonic taste in bad.

>Wait for Ian to show up here again
>Beg for him to help you get a job
>Profit
In reality, just become a well known fan writer. A spot for IDW Sonic may open up one day & you can do it

Context?
At the gala and away from prying eyes, Sonic gives Sticks a "special lesson" in being lady. As in, Sticks is male, but still looks as feminine as you'd expect.

Write pitches, get some small jobs, write your own comics for a while, get seen, get noticed, realise it's going to take time.

Send your pitches in to companies, ask for advice, go to small cons and shit.

And then watch as you get mandated on what you can't write.
But seriously, just put your mind to it, your full attention on your dream. And if you fail to get on to the comic you want, make your own fan one.

Write a shitload of good fanfic.

ask ian. ABT has some good info on his tumblr on how to get hired as a comic artist so Flynn-senpai is bound to know a thing or two about being hired as a writer . and this
just in case

>As in, Sticks is male, but still looks as feminine as you'd expect.
Jesus, please post the link

robotman

Have fun on your vacation!

>Super Sonic is responsible for the death of millions, go back to bed Ebony.
All lies.

Iizuka

Better a planet than some flying rock

>nice planet you got here.
Which one?

Who's your favorite antagonist outside of Eggman? For me it's Chaos. I don't just like him because of nostalgia, he appeals to me on just about level. Chaos 0 is among my favorite designs in the series, his boss themes are cool, and I love both concepts of a blob-like character and a generally weak enemy who grows over the course of the story. I also like how he was just a chill mutant abomination until one day some punks attacks his home and hurt his friends, so he wrecked their shit so hard he became known as the god of destruction.

>plus he has a generally good reputation
All of my keks

>It's just so final boss of a PS2 era final fantasy game
But Doom doesn't look like a small floating beetle.

>>>google.com

Weird Sticks design with this one

wew

The only thing perfect is Twintelle's pants when her butt is in it.

Wasn't Chaos originally a normal chao?

>plus he has a generally good reputation
in what? good music? because it sure as hell ain't in games

Write a lot of memes into your stories, the kiddies love maymays.

Here, I put it in /trash/

Kek, no. You need to harass fucking white males on twitter to get a job in comics.

>good
>fanfic

Do you have a master list of who can and cannot come back?

I need Fiona and Scourge.

Yeah, but he got mutated by the Master Emerald

Good enough to get hired

Not canon.

Love how chubby her cheeks look there. Want to pitch them.