>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PA7qpKV0adc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Zullie's set is tame
It's open back and has a leg slit that goes all the way up, it's far from tame. And you didn't find the secret area so you haven't found the best set yet.

"""""""Dark""""""" Souls 2

Are the SOTFS PC servers down for anyone else?

>finish DS2: SOTFS
>collected all of the weapons, items, you name it, exclusive to NG++
>NOW I DON'T HAVE TO EVER PLAY THIS SHITTY GAME AGAIN

So, how do I get into PVP? I've missed that fun in Ds1 and Ds2, only a pve kind of a guy and tried to (futilely) defend myself against invaders. How the fuck do I start? I'm in Ds3 and found myself some ashes that grant me access to an arena, so I figured, what the hell, I'll storm in with my current build and try. Won one out of 15.

Any tips of how to start having fun with this?

Holy shit. I can't believe I didn't know that lmao..

Anyone who plays ds2 still, what SM is the most active?

Isn't there a version for the latest regulations? Thank you anyway faggot

Don't duel, invade. Learn how to be aggressive and how to use the terrain to your advantage.

>secret area
Enlighten me user, I thought I 100% the dlc and now I’m worried.
I have zullie’s but never tried it, will do

yeah man, no info anyware either, but thier support staff start their holiday either today or tomorow, abit suspicious

Dueling is lame and favors the people who ride cocks all day running through new players.
Invasion is the only form of pvp that matters

You didn't kill the big-ass dragon.

Okay. How about tips about my level, my build. Can I just go in with my pve shit? How do I deal with tank squads that just wait positioned near the bonfire?

Oh I have, I probably passed whatever set is near him.
>assuming you mean the tough ass laser dragon

Invading>Dueling. Though you've got to figure out which areas you want to invade in/weapon level you need for that.

Level 30 if you wanna twink, 60 for balanced matchups with the occasional gank squad, 90 for optimal gear and leveling, 120-130 if you want casters or constant gank squads.
It depends what you pve with, generally the bigger the weapon the better for poise and overall damage/rollcatching. That said, small fast weapons can be used just as well. Armor is kind of irrelevant unless you plan to tank hits and poise through them.
To deal with gank squads, great arrows are always useful. Force them to separate and chug estus, draw them out. Use the map to your advantage both in terms of falls and the mobs that will attack them.

I find it to be pretty active at any bracket that where the average player will usually reach the Lunar Bell Tower

Use this as a rough guide of what people use and honestly just chose what you like best. "Watching" peoples stamina is a good strat for starting pvp. If they swing 3 times and roll you know most will be almost out of stamina so charge and attack relentlessly but watch for parries.

The hell?

Go in with the intention to fight and kill players. Learn how to manipulate the terrain and mobs to your advantage. If you're facing a gank squad, kite them and separate them then kill them one at a time. But mainly, just invade and practice and learn and improve:

youtube.com/watch?v=PA7qpKV0adc

In ds3 ultra great swords can't be parried right? Or did they change this because I just got parried.

If you did a rolling attack, running attack or wielded it one-handed, you can get parried.

Ultras can't be parried when 2handed in Ds3

If you're already at 120/+10 you might as well get a new character going because there's no fun to be had up there. Build doesn't really matter all that much for invasions, just soul and upgrade level.

>How do I deal with tank squads that just wait positioned near the bonfire?
Equip the obscuring ring and shoot a phantom in the head with a big arrow. You shoot the phantom because they have less estus and health than the host, so they feel more pressure and will start moving sooner. Keep silver cat ring handy for making a quick getaway if they find where you're shooting from.

Dsg has really memed itself into oblivion with this, what in the hell am I looking at

This is good information. I've been dueling for a while now. I think I've gotten the knack for the laggy combat, at the very least, have been winning for a while now.

This is what I'm currently using.

>14 Vigor
Son, what in the holy fuck are you thinking.

>14 vig
oh no
i hope you have a respec available

deed u rikey da tawch mechanic Gai-jeen?

>adding more velocity makes it parrayble

This makes no sense.

Eh... This is what I do for PvE. I mean, I don't really have enough points when I have to scale out of Faith and Intelligence for the damage... r-right?

>14 vig
>34 split int and faith
Good god almighty are we in the presence of lord DSP himself?

It's about the delay before the attack. Rolling and running attacks are faster, so to make them balanced From made them parriable.

I think the idea is that you’re more balanced while 2 handing, as opposed to say, running which puts your body in motion and not centered

assuming you're planning to level more and fill that out to at least 25 vig

anyone who stacks HP for PVE clear on a new char is literally a noob but you still need more HP to be 1-shot/1 combo proof in pvp

>14 VIG
Jesus Christ, user, you're a badass
My sides

At the very least bump Int and Fth down to 30/30 and put those points right into Vig, if not further. Survivability is how you win invasions, not so much big damage. You're going up against people with more maximum health, double the estus, and literal armies of phantoms. You won't be able to dodge everything.

What is a comfy female set for DS3? I’m tired of these bulky armors that don’t do shit for protection anyway

I like Karla's set

Sirris's
Dancer's
Brass
Shira's
Generally any cloth set

>tfw never met her cause the jailers spook me

Okay. So, basically I have to dedicate my build to PvP, right? And that means I have to win an attrition war, I see. Okay. And tips about my build? I use pyromancy. I find it pretty hard to use outside of PvE.

FC anybody?

You can respec your points pretty early on so you can dedicate to pvp, have fun and then switch back if pve isn’t working out.
Pyromancy is hard to use until you get the right spells

zulies hat
antiquated plain garb top
shadow gauntlets
slave knight leggings

Any buyfags here?
>this is so pretty i can't stop looking at it

Get Vigor up to at least 30, ideally 35.

Shave off every point in Vitality, assuming you're not playing K***ht class, and shave down fashion accordingly. If you are playing K***ht class, you're kind of fucked and should probably build something that is more melee-oriented.

Swap Saint's Ring for Ring of Favor.

Drop Int and Fai down to around 30/30 to save on points. At your level, that should still do enough damage.

Don't do it user. Think of what else you can buy.

Was a DaS 1 tier list like this made?

LOOK AT IT

wasn't this made as a joke
>demon's scar being bad
easily the best CS right now and the only one that's really worth using over a straightsword

Last one. Where should I invade,considering my level?

>red knight
Isn't it Soul of Cinder?

it's fucko poop what do you expect

A reminder to not give up fellas

>hand molds into the sword
They can’t keep getting away with it

PS4 FC?

I swear someone parried my 2handed UGS once

>decide to duel
>instantly get taunted
>paladin yerlin
>infinite stamina cheat
Gee I wonder which one of you faggots it was

>b-but user, more stats means more damage, r-right?

You first want to make a build that isn't shit. Gimping yourself can be good exercise and all, but if you can't lift the bar you aren't exercising. Just learn what things do and how to compare them, then make a good build.

The next thing you want to do is disregard parrying advice for a while because that's more of a bonus than a fundamental. What you want to do is understand why backpedaling and reactive play is advantageous.

Measurements: at 60fps, a straightsword R1 has 32 frames of windup before damage comes out. On the contrary, your own reaction time coupled with the amount of time it takes your reaction to appear on the screen is going to be about 16 frames or more. This and 3's more or less instant iframes are why you can always dodge straightsword swings on reaction (barring the possibility of you mistaking them for something else).

Here's why this is important:

Let's say we've got one person backpedaling and one person walking forward. The one walking forward decides to R1. The backpedaler will walk AWAY for 16 frames, and then react. If they walked far enough away, they can let the swing miss them and then safely punish their opponent. Next let's imagine the opposite: the backpedaler R1s. The first person is going to walk forward for 16 frames, and then react. 16 of the 32 attack frames have already passed, so 16 are left. They only have enough time to walk back to where they were when their opponent initially swung, so they can't just walk out of the swings range then punish: they have to just roll away.

This, fundamentally, causes you to have a huge advantage while retreating. The attacker can't fish for mistakes and react the way the backpedaler can. The only real ways around it are to use really long running attacks that reach farther than the distance one could walk during the attack's windup, or to use things that punish people for running too far away, like healing spells. That's arena in a nutshell.

“I mean why not just go past the soft cap and have 80 int?-dsg”

You'll want to pick up a Dark-infused weapon to accompany your Chaos one. It chips through shields better and scales off the same stats, so there's no reason not to cover more damage types.

As for pyromancies, avoid the big spells like Chaos Bed Vestiges. Those work for the gankers because they don't have to worry about friendly fire and you can't always be focused on their caster. Think more subtly, don't just throw around the biggest explosions. Use Black Flame to break open shields. Poison/Toxic Mist to force movement where a greatbow won't do. You can shoot those through thin walls, pretty neat trick. Since a pyro is really just a quality caster, you can also consider carrying miracles or sorceries. Force has obvious applications around dangerous cliffs. Med Heal isn't bad to have for when you run out of estus. Homing Soulmass is good for forcing rolls, and Snap Freeze and Pestlient Mist cover similar ground to the Poison and Toxic Mists. Utility and variety matter much more than raw damage to an invader. You'll see more victories by having an unending bag of tricks to continually mix things up than by hoping that this time they won't roll through your one big damage spell.

Autismspeaks.org

Is anyone still playing Demon's Souls?

I get black screened when I try to emulate it. Or rather the lighting is so fucked up I can only see the HUD

I want to give the Greatlance (DS3) a good try. Are any of the 1h attacks ever worth using, or is it a one trick pony?

I really wish seduction-senpai was here to teach me how to seduce people in duel

Is it possible to get more than one Helm of Avarice per playthrough?

Anyone on PS4 got a Gael GS and Ringed Knight Spear they wouldn't mind giving me?

>14 vigor
What the fuck? You have 669 health. An estus flask heals 600, or 720 if you use the estus ring. You don't even have enough health to incorporate all the hp your heals give you. This isn't even a good pve build, let alone a pvp one. The first 27 levels of vigor are enormous, and the levels afterward can all be worth it up to 39 or so (past 44 is what I would call the retard range). And why are you using a heavy weapon that requires trading blows when you don't have health?

Either way, you should use a light weapon. You aren't going to learn a lot about how the game works by just baiting for hyperarmor trades for the same reason you aren't going to learn by just fishing for lucky parries with a buckler.

Nowhere near the autism that can be found in fighting games.

What's the most autistic thing you've ever done while playing, /dsg/?

Scratching my asshole and taking a sniff.

fuck, me too

smells fucking good

>anyone who stacks HP for PVE clear on a new char is literally a noob
why? There's no reason not to go 40 vit raw longsword

Nothing has made me feel more autistic than farming for things like early BSS in DS1.

If any of the chairs in the cathederal are broken, I usually feel the need to complete the job and break every last one.

I wouldn't say good, but it's kind of an interesting smell.

get noticeably awkward while around other phantoms.

Hello! I would like these two weapons please :)

I regularly play a Sunbro with an RP name and act as if I'm an NPC phantom. I'm pretty convincing at it after >30 hours, and I hang out in the first 3 zones, so the host is often a noob who doesn't know any better anyway.

The most autistic thing I've done while doing this is wait over 10 minutes for a host who just up and AFK'd. Just sitting there staring at the screen, not moving in case he was watching.

Did you scratch your asshole and sniff it while waiting?

So there are 5 spells I need to get from covenant rewards to finish these cheevos. Sunbros and Mound Makers seem farmable at any level--how fucked am I if I wait until 120 to do Aldrich Faithful and Darkmoon?

I've never thought of doing that. Pretending to be a phantom used to be a ton of fun but most people are wise to it now.

60 to 80 are the most active soul levels, but 120 is pretty active, especially for PvP.

>Darkmoon
The only way to farm this is Silver K***hts

Hello! Still need these :)

basically yeah. 5% chance of drop or barely ever get summoned.

don't listen to him, DO IT

>5%
HA

vertical r1 can even 2handed

PC servers down?

no, just invaded someone

i don't understand am I wrong? With items, ring, and symbol of avarice that's what you get. No?

it took me almost 24 hours over the course of 3 days to get 25 of them.
And that was with the sage's rapier and rusted coins

Can anyone help me get the Monk's Head Collar in Demon's Souls? I'm at SL77 on NG.