/digi/ - Digimon General

Digimon is not for casuals edition.

Previous Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory has a confirmed Western release date of 18th January 2018, beware of Spoilers.

The Japanese story trailer is officially translated:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZAHAa8DYooQ

Details of the pre-order bonuses: withthewill.net/threads/18680

OLD HACKER'S MEMORY NEWS
>Hacker's Memory 20th Anniversary Edition Details
withthewill.net/threads/18582

Official english website
bandainamcoent.com/games/digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-hackers-memory

>Interview with producer Kazumasa Habu
withthewill.net/threads/17634

LINKS/Z & OTHER NEWS
Digimon Links/z has begun its international roll-out: digimonlinkz-en.bn-ent.net/

Links/z trailer: youtu.be/oajAz5INpoI

Appmon 3DS is to be taken off the Nintendo eShop on 30th November, and Digimon Heroes is to be discontinued from 30th December.

ANIME NEWS
Digimon Adventure tri. part 6, "Our Future", is to be released 5th May 2018.

Digimon Universe Appli Monsters has been licensed by Turner Entertainment for global release. No news about an English dub yet.

TOY NEWS
>20th Anniversary V-Pet Pendulum details
withthewill.net/threads/18943

>20th Anniversary V-Pet details
withthewill.net/threads/16945

RESOURCES
>Digimon Linkz Information Base
digimonlinkz.com.br/

>Digimon Links Evolutionary Trees
growlmon.net/

>Cyber Sleuth Digi-Links
pastebin.com/zwdfyvu8

>Digimon World Guides
pastebin.com/W0ZgHnXJ

>Discord link
discord.gg/VtKcGuD

DOWNLOADS
>Next 0rder OST [320 mp3]
mega.nz/#!7U9F3Txb!JeuUBX1myA14eX7yaJOsUj4yewXB6Xl5cEouOfIpOdw

>World 1 OST [192 mp3]
mega.nz/#!mAFSGJRQ!jqLdrMZ5mP6pEWw0J9ti6_aZ8HSOOx5DM1imFcotKkI

Other urls found in this thread:

best100.animefestival.jp
wikimon.net/List_of_Digivices
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for Renamon

It's over. Not even 100k for Hacker's Memories.
Even if we meet the lifetime sales of 1 in NA and EU it's over.
New Story game will be low budget once more
No X Antibodies ever
No Ultforce Future Mode
No O12
No GranDracomon
No Ogudomon
No Millenniummon line
Sony let another third part die

Well blame,
>numbers for half a week
>Shitty marketing
>PS being eh in japan
>Most people probably thinking of it as a CS addon for the full price

Anyone has the sales for CS?

Also GranDracmon is already in HaMe so that one is down.

And dont forget that the JP version includes the original game with improvements and the western one does not
What a disaster
Next story game needs to be real good with actual budget

>HaMe sold worse than appmon 3DS
Should I laugh or cry

Didnt Appmon sell below 10 K? HaMe got 80 at least.

Appmon 3DS sold 19000 units total, with opening week sales at 8000, so your wrong.

my bad I misremember it doing 100k

>Appmon was a flop
>HaMe was a flop
I think I might be done with Digimon if Bandai kicks out Habu. I don't give a shit about Adventure sequel #268943
And fuck all these "Digimon" fans, if you only watched Adventure/02, you ain't a fan and need a bullet to the skull, all your family members included.

Come on guys of course HaMe was not going to do great when its just an expansions
1.5 versions of games do horrible in japan

That is true, but Bandai isn't the smartest company and might just deem it a flop. It is troubling.

lazy scheme

This is hilarious to me for some reason

For reference, this how much CS sold on its first week

And its LTD

And that was vita only right

Correct

Hacker's memory best chance right now the online play picking up, because it does have significant improvements in that area.

I dont know even if its good I dont see people buying it for the PvP

Neither flopped though

The people spouting doom for HaMe's sales are retarded. It sold 50k despite being a glorified asset flip. Xenoblade 2, a whole new game, is considered a success at 90k.

It sold exactly as much as it was supposed to.

Appmon didn't flop but Toei/Bandai are treating it like it did. I'm afraid the same will happen to HaMe.

So apparently gaijin sales cannot do shit? I remember Big O only got a second season because of the success it had in the West. Are we truly fucked?

>So apparently gaijin sales cannot do shit?
The fact that they want to migrate the games to PS4, which sells less than VITA in Japan, tells that they are really taking the west into account.
Still, people calling doom to HM are probably retarded, as it is pretty much a placeholder game with 0 budget made of mostly reused assets that only exist to avoid going 4 years without a new game, no way bandai expected the same sales as the original.

The install base of PS4 + vita is bigger than the switch, X2 is doing better than the prequels
Xenoblade is a literally who series compared to digimon
Bad comparisons all around

>literally who series compared to digimon
Digimon is fucking dead, and partly true in the East too. The only reason Tri is doing well is nostalgia, because if those fuckers actually cared about Digimon, CS and HaMe would be number one on the charts in Japan.

I hear more discussion on Twitter and 2ch for Xenoblade. You are full of crap.

>but Toei/Bandai are treating it like it did.

Except they aren't

You're retarded.

Seems like it to me. Even real downright pathetic flops like Samurai Flamenco and DayBreak Illusion were still giving out material and the staff taking interview or discussing it well into a couple months after it ended.

>The install base of PS4 + vita is bigger than the switch
>whatthefuckamIreading.jpg
Maybe outside of Japan, but in Japan, Nintendo still reigns supreme.

PS4 has sold 5M in Japan
Switch only 3 so far

>3 years going 4 compared to a system released this year
Why do you keep making these shit comparisons?

Why cant you understand simple concepts?
Install base is the number of console in consumers hands right now

>nintenpigs ruins another thread
Time to leave the thread.

And I threw that back at you with the words Nintendo aka the Switch and 3ds.
Notice how I didn't say the Switch?

>The only reason Tri is doing well is nostalgia, because if those fuckers actually cared about Digimon, CS and HaMe would be number one on the charts in Japan.
Or people care more about digimon as an anime franchise than a videogame one, and you can't really blame them, we spent years with nothing but really lackluster DS games that were completely overshadowed by pokemon, and what did we have before that? A bunch of PSX and PS2 games that couldn't keep a genre for more than one game? We are suddenly on a golden age of digimon videogames, but you can't expect the regular people to know that.

Are you drunk.

No stay, I can save this thread from this invasion by /v/ Nintendrones.

The comparison is still bullshit, i mean, do you really think everyone that bought a PS4 on the first year still plays with it?

>Or people care more about digimon as an anime franchise than a videogame one
Yeah no. If that were true, Savers wouldn't have done poorly in merchandise. You can blame XW for doing terrible for throwing away the classic evolution system, but there is no excuse for a Digimon season like Savers doing bad in toy sales.
CS was already more successful than Savers in sales and it seems HaMe might follow too, despite being a side game that took little money to make.

>HaMe was going to save these threads
This meme was never funny.

>Tri is doing well
Uhm...pretty sure they keep raking in less and less with each successive movie.

Nope. Look up the numbers. It dropped but not significantly.

Does Yuujin poop?

Tri finale will save /digi/

Probably. I mean Haru probably would wonder why the toilet doesn't smell after he goes.
There's also the possibility that Haru and him are exploring each other's bodies and when Haru licks his butthole and smells nothing down there he'll get very suspicious.

Digimon story DS and dawn dusk all came out during Savers, so it did outdid CS in that sense. That's the reason it has so much representation in the rooster compared to frontier and xros wars.

Or destroy it by getting it flooded by cancerous boards like /a/, /co/, /v/, and maybe /vp/.

Tri finale will be the point where the general finally collapses in on itself in a screeching deranged mass of insanity and hatred.

/co/ is too much of a pussy to get out of their safe space

Cant wait.

best100.animefestival.jp
Appmon ha recuperado el puesto 6.
No es fake.

Wait, what comes first? Tri or the CD drama?

CD drama in April, Tri in May.

>no D-Arc
Kill everyone in that room.

What am I looking at
AOTY nominees?

>Cellphones get smaller each year
>Digivices get bigger and bigger
What went wrong? The appmon ones look like something out of Kamen Rider

>cellphones get smaller and smaller

That stopped once smartphones took off.

>Haglet and Adventure girls.jpg

Fei please. I hope you kill yourself after the reboot makes it possible that Yuuko never gave a shit about you.

I have a question.
Was Slutmon also abusing Erika's brother just like she was abusing her?

>page 9
>still cannot find more fanart of KeisukexErika on pixiv or twitter
KILL ME NOW

Has Ozzy Osbourne tweeted anything new about the CD Drama?

It just doesnt feel like Bamcom is trying as hard as they should to revitalize digimon instead just mostly banking on nostalgia.
I want the next story game to be revolutionary, it better not be a CS pallete swap

Guess all we can do is hope. According to the people here who know the plot HaMe is amazing, despite being CS 1.8, so maybe if Habu is basically given full freedom he can make something truly grand in a few years.

I feel like there is a joke I'm not getting here

Who else looks like Ozzy Osbourne?

Even if 02 is shitty, you have to admit the D3 is the pinnacle of digivice design

MR CROWLEY

I agree. The worst one is arguably the Appli Driver Duo. Look at that thing.

Even with the chips, there was a LOT of wasted space with that. The electronics weren't enough for that to be needed. User-friendliness should be the key element of the next one. Maybe it should small enough to wear as a watch.

Meh I heard dumbass kids still bought them and liked them. Especially the duo, kids are a stupid bunch.

Well, it still works for reading Appmon chips and doing sounds and is prominent in the TV Show.

>prominent in the TV Show.
It's sad that the D3 was one of the best looking ones but was barely seen outside of evolution scenes. What a fucking waste.

It split screentime with the PDA things.

Did they even sell those things?

So with Eater Lilith, and Eater EDEN now out, how come we still dont have Eater Serpent/Satan or something to make the imagery complete? Or are they saving it for a proper CS2?

Alright, which one is the best and which one is the worst?
wikimon.net/List_of_Digivices

Yes

Yes, I think they were sort of a digimon database, and also the only way to unlock the Magnamon digimental on the D3 toy, or at least that was the rumor when I was a kid

Hey faggaritos

Whats a good stat to train my next order digimon to to clear post game? 10k and DNA digivolve command?

But the snake was likely never a person. Being the 0th woman has symbolic meaning at least.

If you mean regular stats, 10k is the max and EXE won't increase it

>Cybersleuth
>Pokemon S/M

so tell me how these plots arent literally the same?

The only similarity is going to a foreign world and kill a merged creature
So everything else

Nah, I cant think of anything funny. Also S/M is more of a Kill La Kill reference than CS. Also you cant scan Eaters sadly.

>Female CEO ends up getting manipulated by an otherworldly force to rip down an interdimensional barrier to call upon the creatures living behind it in order to destroy mankind, while treating her (adoptive) daughter like shit.

I see some similiarities but for the most part they are different.

I can't, they even copied the digimon being in fact humans with the dittos.

There's no real manipulation involved with RIe, but fair

And Kill la Kill is a Sonic Adventure 2 reference. If we follow this line down far enough, we can find the original story of humanity.

I guess influenced would be the more fitting term

All the biblical references in CS/HaMe were on to something... Reminds me of that guy on WtW who had a schizophrenic episode and believed that Huricane Touchdown held the sercret to world peace. Up to this day I wonder if he was legitimately ill, some higher being, or a very good troll.

>Reminds me of that guy on WtW who had a schizophrenic episode and believed that Huricane Touchdown held the sercret to world peace
People like this make the world a better place.

No, the worst is still the one from savers.

Maybe. I know for sure the first version is vomit tier.

The second one is not really an improvement

It approaches the pinnacle at least.

But Saver and Appmon digivices are bad for completely opposite reasons, one is too simple and boring, a literal rectangle with buttons, and the other is a bulky mess.