/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

We shall not abandon the dream: >New players read this finish the story mode offline:
i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>/bbg/ Resource, Builds & Mechanics Guide:
docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ

>DLC access:
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html

>Build planner:
mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne

>AR calculations and gem setups:
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html

>Chalices:
-Guide to unlock FRC chalices for spelunks & fight clubs: i.imgur.com/KgVUkyd.jpg
-Gem farming spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/uncanny weapons, runes, and gem spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-SFRCs & FDs: i.imgur.com/yRxbVsN.png (if you want early T3 runes, wheel, chikage, or burial blade)

>PVE - Spelunk club (Every Friday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever)
-Spelunks happen, join em
-Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders
-Make sure you have all the chalices just in case an uncommon one is used (hintertomb, sinister)

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/WJXCN0Y.png
-Pthumeru: n6rc9jh8
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.png

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1MVo9hQkRthvsI1R_K4guL3WKBICxv5lPgPP8lLoSIBs/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for not dead yet.

Second for not dead yet

Crush vermin

>tfw level 165 and haven't even beaten amygdala yet on my first playthrough
Thank you chalice dungeons

What is your favorite build and why is it arcane?

Amygdala is just a bad time no matter what.

HURR PURGE PHIL

I like how the old fucker didn't even attempt to phase 2.

>purge Phil
WOOOOOOOOOOOOW

>you need PSN+ to be able to Co-Op with other playrs and do PvP

When the day finally comes when the PvP servers are officially taken offline for good, what then? Will they add recurring/respawning invasions?

x0-x1: 50/25 str/skl build
x2-x3: 25/50 str/skl build
x4-x5: 25/50 str/arc build
x6-x7: 25/50 skl/bt build
x8-x9: just going to hex edit bullshit on my current character to avoid farming

ok cheater

That fucking gargoyle teleported to grab me, fucking hell. Thanks for fun run.

Best build.

Is there a decent build that could effectively use the Stake Driver & Moonlight Greatsword?

What use of Yharnam Stone dropped after defeating Blood Queen?

Literally nothing, that we know of.
Maybe now that the files are out there somebody might find some string of code that'll tel us but its probably one of miyazakis do nothing items.

25/50 Str/Arc, 12-25 Skl for HMS depending on where you stop. Convert the Stake to fire and use Oil Urns with the tricked charge r2 for insane damage

First time bbg here. What is the meta? I have a few 120s. Is that too high or too low? Never done co-op in all my 500hrs playtime

Maybe Altar of Despair resurrection kind of thing? Like with Annalise? Has anyone tried?

Meta is 80 - 120 for PvP, many people stay at 98. For coop it doesn't matter.

80-120, most are around 98-117. Your 120s are fine but some people might give you shit for it

I have never played coop either, what is the problem of going too high? The problem of connecting to everyone else who is below leveled?

The Doll is cute!

Another reason why my bl138 character is needed.

Church pick for str/arc, how's that? Will it be good if I make it fire?

If you have 50 Arc it'll be fine, just reach the 14 Skl requirement

You'll get downscaled, if you get too high (with password).
Yes.

>14 skl
Fuck, forgot it needs that much. I guess I could spare two points though as my desired build will reach bl108 anyway.

You can get downscaled if you're too high in co-op, at 120 you should be fine for the most part though. Non-passworded co-op doesn't downscale you since it matches you with people within you level range

So then it works out fine then? Why are people against it? Is the downscaling system poor or something?

Why was it such a non epic fight compared to Ludwig's one?

People are against high levels for PvP, not really for co-op. Downsclaing could be a problem for you though, depending on how severe the gap between your level and Host is

Is it easy to get blood rocks from chalices?

The downscaling is severe in BB and with high BL character you won't find any action, outside of dungeons.

I liked it

You can get 3 per character from each Chalice type through glyphs, and Depth 5 layer 3/4 bosses have a small chance of dropping Rocks. Eye Runes can help the droprate a bit iirc

I disliked it

I need help with PtHUMPHerian Descendant, maybe we can kill HBLB and the Queen afterwards. Pass is bbg2.

Thanks Albatross for helping me last time.

I liked it
It's one of my favorite fights at NG+7

Ringing.

AHAHAHAHHAH CHURCHWEENIES BTFO AHAHHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHHAHA HOW WILL THEY EVER RECOVER AHAHAHHAHAHA

Who's that daftpunk looking nibba

Hay, /bbg/.

So, my girlfriend works at a jewelry place, and is making me this for Christmas. It's currently unpolished, but it's going to be awesome when it's done. She hand carved the wax mold that it was made from, and the runes spell my name.

Just thought I'd share.

Nice buttplug, is she into pegging?

Albatross, thank you so much for helping me.

The tips not sharp enough to be a buttplug, idiot.

What is that badge again

put it up your ass and post pics, or else your a fag

The Old Hunter Badge. Before it's put on a necklace, it's going to be antiqued to make it look older.

>Purging filth at Cainhurst all weekend
>Can't invade for shit all day

Wow the Holy Moonlight Sword is actually kind of shit.

It's been shit in every game. Gimmicky garbage. Prove me wrong.

whats your build?
I fucking love the thing

I think I may have an addiction, /bbg/. Anyway, I've been at this for a bit just in case this think ever picks up again.

docs.google.com/document/d/1MVo9hQkRthvsI1R_K4guL3WKBICxv5lPgPP8lLoSIBs/edit?usp=sharing

Comments are enabled. Keep in mind this is a draft and subject to changes.

>trying out a weapon
>best setup possible
>it's still worse than a 27% gemmed saw spear

>Gimmicky garbage
Everything that is not Saw Spear. Prove me wrong.

Every weapon is good converted as long as you have 50 arcane at least. I like Arkuyo.

Saw cleaver.
Checkmate.

So these things that sing and frenzy drop cursed gems right?

I like the idea of having 3 teams, not sure about having both co-operator teams running at the same time though, seems like it'll cause alot of potential confusion,

Also, Bowblade counts as a HoH weapon, right?

Post longest tunnels.

>read you can hex edit bb safe files
>go to edit it via hxd
>can't
>have to use an actual save editor
>wants me to pay 70 dollars

fuck that

>confusion
I know what you mean. We could do a test run and see how it goes.

Simon's Bowblade is a church weapon, by the way. I don't think it fits the executioner aesthetic though. I wanted to keep things simple by splitting everything as it is in the storage box interface, but we may do a proper weapon list if more exceptions arise.

How the fuck do I deal with the machine guy on top of the tower?

Circle strafe till he kills himself :^)

Just run

>not serrated in both modes
>no thrust attack
Gimmicky garbage

>make arcane build
>remember theres no good arcane gems until like d5
>either have to use a raw saw cleaver or use elemental gems because your wheel does NO DAMAGE

why do i bother playing

>We could do a test run and see how it goes.
There's another MHW beta this weekend, so don't expect too many people to join if you'll be doing then

what's the point of armors having stats if defense doesn't matter?

Poorfags BTFO.

+1

It does matter when you compare armor with no armor, but comparing armor pieces together makes less of a differrence. Plus fashion>defense

Dude just go to the chalices and get some shitty fire gems they will cover you for the whole game until you get the bolt one.

First time playthrough, just got to Yahargul post Rom. AMA (PS this place fucking sucks)

never really paid any attention to the corridors in the chalices but this seem to be one of the longest i have seen

so there's no reason to have more than 1 set

3 HUNTERS AT ONCE? WHAT THE FUCK.
REEEEE

Please respond

I wasn't planning to do one any sooner than next year anyway, just to let this doc sink in.

Phys gems on the Wheel will be enough even with 20-25 Str, but fire Saw will make it much easier yeah

It's always good to have multiple sets for stuff like Frenzy and Beasthood. Plus iirc cursed dungeons reduces only Phys damage, so if you're getting your shit pushed in by elemental damage it'd be a good idea to armor for it. And some pieces can have pretty high elemental defense

Yes

Anyone want to help a casual defeat blb in D4 Lower Phtumeru? Pass is bbg, im sitting in front of his boss room

Stacked defenses from certain sets/combos can be useful - like stacking bolt VS Darkbeast.

Plus there's things like stacking Frenzy Res so you can use Bloodletter's L2 safely, or stacking Beasthood to help give you more potential with runed beastclaw.

Who wants some HA? At ksgqnycq layer 3 lamp, pass is heavy

>lamp
wtf dude ring at fog.

What's the difference?

SRRCing.

Are Insights important? Can you farm them? I just got some sucked out of me by a tentacle monster.

i got help already thanks bruh

>Are Insights important?
No.

They let you buy some stuff like Blood Rocks to +10 your weapon after killing an end-game boss, but they can be a problem for Frenzy if you have too much. You can farm Frenzy by killing dungeon bosses, parry succbois and strafe their paralyzing magic

Just get out there and kill a few beasts. Don't think too hard about it.

Really, shouldn't I just go into NG+ before jumping into Chalice dungeons just for the convenience of buying shit from the insight vendors?