/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

highlander edition

>Event
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/The_Starlight_Celebration

>Patch 4.18
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/fb2cfeec68d0da7ae33b84f5c2eee0e39c815192

>Callback Campaign:
>na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/CwDXVRwP

last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/354195-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XL-Update-Thread?p=4509925&viewfull=1#post4509925
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

/point
/laugh
/facepalm

Post more postmen

New to the game or part of the furry fandom? We're a Rank 8 FC with 24/7 buffs, accepting all classes of players. We focus MSQ, Dungeons, PVP, and Raids. We're a friendly bunch, so join the furry Freelancers today! Send in an application or send me a tell!

>chaos

Highlanders.

>or part of the furry fandom?

So as a new player, am I supposed to just level via spamming dungeons? My pld is 38, and I don't see any other way of leveling, other than the roulettes and queueing for a dungeon over and over. This sucks.

So, if there's High and Midlanders, are there any Lowlanders?
Potatoes don't count

As a PLD, you have nearly instantaneous dungeon queues, so you should spam your highest-level dungeon

however if you need to mix it up then you can always do palace of the dead once in a while

I want Lyse to dominate me with her huge human futacock

Cutters cry fucking blows though

you're almost to stone vigil, user, that one is my favorite leveling dungeon. Just stick through it it's worth it

If it's your first job, you level via the MSQ.

Just unlocked Bardam's Mettle, how's that dungeon? Anything I should know?

Don't fuck up

Kicks your teeth in the first couple of pulls, but other than that you're fine. The last boss is hell on undergeared and unprepared healers.

I got all my crafters to 50 and got the left side and main hands from GC company, but i'm not sure about right side, should i just bear it till 53 and craft the holy cedar ones? Also, is there again some leveling order or it doesn't really matter now? Other than that, i assume leves are still way to go, right? Please help.

>The last boss is hell on undergeared and unprepared healers
not playing as healer right now, but is it worse than the vault?

Literally just ignore that shit and do Moogle dailies. Unless you absolutely want to grind it out with leves you don't need right side at all. I'm still using sub 30 right side and I do just fine.

It's about the same.

I started moogles, but i would like to speed up the process a bit.

Level your gatherers or buy a levekit, the leve requirements for 50-60 have been nerfed.

>the leve requirements for 50-60 have been nerfed.
Wrong, the experience has been buffed, but it still requires you to make the same stupid mat heavy bullshit.

femroes and butts

>gnarled ogres
Gross.

Do you have any favorite Miqo'te? They don't necessarily have to be your friends.

Reminder that this game is going downhill because people think housing is "content" and go ape shit and bully the producers from making original new fun adventures in favor of Animal crossing.

LF Cerberus ERP

LEVIATHAN LEVIATHAN

Lalafell make the best wives.

ENDLESS

Mado, Sandcat, Spidercat, Aphy, Hanna, Abe, Mihka, Read, Lethe, Pub, Sayo, Miku in no particular order or ranking, just what rolled off my mind

Don't tell his EB.

woohoo now for the 25m DPS queue

Do you still like Lethe even though he said they don't like femroes?
Spidercat Suncat or Mooncat?
There's like 3 Mikus

You're just repeating what I said. EXP has been buffed, which means you make less of the required items since you won't be doing as many leves.

if you're still queued after im finished with this sastasha run ill come and tank or heal for you

Are you attempting to queue for something on aether? I can give you a queue boost if you’d like.

I'm not doing anything lewd!

>Read
lol

Highlander edition!

Read is cute.

futa?

no

Lethe doesn't even hate most femroes, it's just an overexaturation for comedic effect that was taken way out of context. Lethe is also a buddy of mine, so.
Suncat spider by a large margin
Miku Catsune, since i actually know them somewhat.
why are you asking so many cat questions

i've known read for like 4 years user

Limsa is so shitty place when it comes to getting around, what the fuck were they thinking.

And? He still looks moldy.

>naming only people your friends with

thats just how this thread goes user

do one for au ra next pls

>We'll be making adjustments to the main scenario dungeons, so that new players can enjoy them without worrying. It may extend the duration of the dungeon; however, we have increased the rewards as well.

Oh no.

that's a good thing though

Do they mean just preatorium and the other one, or all main scenario?

the green is cute

>name random people
what do you want from me man, balmung has had the same old broads for months now

i don't actually know any au ra really. I'm not a fan of how they look or animate, and if viera are the next race i'll give 10$ to myself as punishment because they're fucking awful too

post article

who is the best Raen in your opinion?

>We're making this shit everyone hates doing worth doing
That's good you fucking baka.

It sounds like everyone's going to be stuck in that chain circle thing while newbies watch cutscenes, though. What if people use that as an excuse to start kicking newbies from parties?

Praetorium and Meriadianum.

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/354195-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XL-Update-Thread?p=4509925&viewfull=1#post4509925

kick system abuse, will probably get them banned

I can't even think of any off the top of my head. That one fanta fiend that everyone memes with the blue eyes and blonde hair that uses way way too much dof was really cute

>leave it on all night
>computer crashed due to something else
you win this round...

>Duty Recorder
>The Duty Recorder feature will allow players to record and revisit their adventures in instanced duties. You’ll also be able to view the battle from the perspective of the other party members.

>In addition to this, there is an idling camera mode, and group pose mode, so not only can you use this feature for reviewing, but to also take screenshots as well. You can also view from the enemy’s perspective, and change the speed of the replay playback. You will not be able to play the recording in slow mode, as this will make it difficult to retain the integrity of the packets.

Now everyone will know you fucked up.

No it sounds like they're going to force people to watch cutscenes by making them unskippable and you can't reach bosses until everyone is present. They're going to try and offset it by giving people extra gil/exp/materia but it'll backfire because nobody wants to do an hour and a half long dungeon for slightly more. They should have just scrapped them as dungeons and make them instances with NPCs.

You need to consent anyway.

Can't wait for the tears in PUGs.

>Speculation based on nothing

I DONT CONSENT

>Literally said they were going to make the dungeon longer

What else could it mean besides some sort of lockout to prevent you from rushing ahead of the new people and bullying them into skipping it?

>one person declines consent
>the rest of the group wants to record
>kicked for not consenting and reported for negatively interfering with other player's experiences

>potd
>literally afking scholar
nah

femRoes are trash.
Lalas are trash meme race only played by girls and pedophiles. hurr they're adults xDDD
Cats attracted futa players, prison gays and dudes with mental disorder. See: trannies.
Au Ra are the go-to for trannies outside of cats and most are mentally unstable.
Elezen are fucking digusting subhumans who are worse attentionwhores than cats and lizards combined. "Look at my unique race guys, i'm totally not an alien!"
Basically if you don't want a mentally unstable basketcase just go with midlanders. They're usually the most normal of the bunch.

The system doesn't show who or how many people consent. If anyone doesn't it just says it won't be able to record that encounter because someone didn't.

>I'm... normal...

>Bullying them into skipping it
There is one, MAYBE two at most in any run of MSQ. and they are completely unneeded because you burn through fucking everything in an instant. If they want to sit and watch those ten hours worth of cutscenes for a story worse than your average children's book, they can be my guest.

Oh, I had a neat idea. What if they scrapped cutscenes, synced iLevel, and made the fights more cinematic? Like, while Nero is fighting you, you can't burn through his HP as fast so he has time to get off his speech to Cid during the encounter.

So they hit request for consent and spam it until it passes. Why would people be opposed to being recorded?

But you're ruining their dungeon experience to play it as intended.

hot...

It's time to post catboys filled with Christmas /joy!

Reminder that ninjas are very cool

>Cats attracted futa players, prison gays and dudes with mental disorder. See: trannies.
What if I'm a real femc@ instead of a tranny?

Then you're just an attention seeking retard judging by you responding like this.

You are the reason why consent has to even exist.

Can't go wrong with Midlanders desu

>Game got so boring I stopped playing months ago
>Hear that there was a live letter
>"Aw yeah!"
>Eureka delayed to 4.25
>Probably just coming 4.3 or 4.35 at that rate
>No interesting content like Potd
>Another soulless raid that can be cleared in a week by anyone competent
>A single primal fight, at least its Byakko for the nostalgia
>All of it content that would barely last weeks

>PVP getting its hundredth set of new content in a short timeframe

The fuck is going on in that office?
Do they want 14 to be an esport or some shit?
You need to have content other than a raid that people can sink their teeth into whenever static isn't going on. Fuck sake. Did they panic cause they got told not to make relics a fate spam a third time or something?

Let me guess, there's still a cap on tomes so you can't spend your mountain of spare time gearing alts too?

not at all in fact I play solo and don't have any friends in-game

try again

histrionic

no clue
probably
probably
yes

"I'm totally a real girl and I'm just so lonely and don't have friends"

LARPING failure of life fatguy or rare-as-white-dogshit shut-in sheltered female on depression meds. Which is the most likely?!?!

>WHM has a storyline that literally tells you to use DPS stuff or you're failing at being a Conjurer
>Scholar requires you to play a DPS class before you get it
>these are literally your only Healer options before Heavensward, so there's no excuse in not knowing
>people STILL think they don't need to DPS as Healer

There needs to be a boss fight or something where the DPS get fettered or something and there's a Healer DPS check.

I don't know if you're aware of this, but there's already recording software out there that people regularly use for video games such as FF: XIV. The only difference with the Duty Recorder is it can be reviewed inside of inn rooms at a later time. And if someone is intentionally interfering with the playstyle of their group when the majority of the players wishes to do something, that's perfectly good grounds for kicking them as per SE's rules. If you have any qualms with it, I suggest writing a letter to Yoshi.

hm sounds like poyo

who teh fuck said anything about being lonely? I literally just got done explaining how I'm not an attention whore, so whyyyyyyy would you assume I feel a need to have others around?

stop projecting, little boy

>PVP getting its hundredth set of new content in a short timeframe
>One new map and a change in rules for a mode no one plays outside of the first two weeks of a new season
You are so dumb for real.

Just make SSS require a healing and dps check to enter expert.

>My opinions are the only good opinions.
>Everyone should play the same race or they're a mentally ill tranny.

Sure thing, bro.

People will pass the check and then go back to half assing everything.

If you went to this thread you'd find that it wasn't that far off from the truth but I guess you don't.

I want to get that Shiva statue but the base of it looks ugly as fuck.