/scg/ Star Citizen General #242

Star Citizen Information:
Alpha 3.0 PTU is live and in the second wave of release. You must download the new patcher from the RSI website.

>Comprehensive look at the current state of Star Citizen
youtube.com/watch?v=IbhBNWU0Rxw

>Jump Point Links & Content Summary
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>FAQs
pastebin.com/aQPMdGhi

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC to become playable.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uQTcf2bnRhY
robertsspaceindustries.com/squadron42
robertsspaceindustries.com/media/zdjm7cwmfvptir/source/Character_driven_crop.mp4
archive.fo/KOrjk
youtube.com/watch?v=knPG6Pe5DKU
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/362664170254106624/393111737517342721/Tumbril_Goes_Nova_-_Roberts_Space_Industries.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hair looks horrible

2nd for tank

Hair looks worse than what the showed off in the past.

Dare I say... downgrade?

Hair is thicker now.

is this a ubisoft game?

Are you a ubisoft game?

do you want to unlock my outpost~?

youtu.be/uQTcf2bnRhY

robertsspaceindustries.com/squadron42

Any money making tips for the current patch?

>muh downgrade
robertsspaceindustries.com/media/zdjm7cwmfvptir/source/Character_driven_crop.mp4

I don't get why that looks better than the faces we saw in the trailer.

archive.fo/KOrjk

Fucking kek

YouTube compression

>archive.fo/KOrjk

Well I wasn't talking about the bitrate. I don't know how to describe it... it just seems like Mark and that other guy's face in the trailer look less realistic. Similar to Admiral Bishop's in the Bishop speech. Something just looks off... But the faces in that mp4 look amazing.

Oops, didn't mean to put that link there.

How can someone honestly believe this.To be able to deceive yourself is both equally impressive and sad.

short and shaven vs bushy and goatee

Poor Derek. Losing his house must be loosening his grip on reality even further. How many times has he said "It's all fake" and been proven flat out wrong now?

>proven wrong
when?
derek smart has been right about everything.

90 days TOPS

They'll never had planetary landings without loading screens, that kinda technology is at least a decade off

ok so he underestimated how stupid whales are, but other than that
literally never happened

NINETY. Planetary landings are impossible! 3.0 is all smoke and mirrors!

>3.0 is not smoke and mirrors
>just around the corner now
>1 year later
>we have just now begun developing basic features of 3.0

Don't you ever get bored of having such a pathetic life of spending your day trying to upset people making fun of you?

no.

Hey pal, at least you're honest.

You don't understand, CIG boosted their cryengine stuff and got the VOIP features was used to fake the existence of their entire studio.
Every "coders" we've seen are just CGI with only one or two real actor behind.
The Homestead demo was real video shot in the desert with a 3D filter and some augmented reality ship model put on top, not real gameplay. In the intro sequence you can see the relief repeat like a dozen time, that's the loading screen looping.

The Idris isn't even Hangar ready, all they've shown is a indoor FPS map with added video at the windows to look like it was a warship battle.
The 3.0 some players believe to play is actually a mini-game they out-sourced to India, you can see it have been made with UNITY.

You've opened my eyes, I can see clearly now. How could I have ever doubted the profit Smart.

>Homestead demo was real video shot in the desert with a 3D filter

How many more months until the next release wave?

Talking about 3.0? I wouldn't be surprised if they give all backers PTU access sometime between now and before Christmas. Live will probably be sometime in January or February.

90 days

What's the difference between Live and PTU? I thought it was evocati then PTU (live).

>STAY FROSTY
lmao this is the quality writing 170 mil gets you

Sorry meant PTU to additional waves* not all backers.

Right now, 2.6.3 is on Live and 3.0 is on PTU. Live simply means all backers have access and you don't need a PTU account to download and play it. When this happens, 3.0 will replace 2.6.3 as the live build. In the past, there was a PTU for every update before it went to live. Now with the delta patcher I'm not sure if they're going to do. I'm guessing the PTU will be only for big updates (3.1, 3.2) and the smaller updates will just get pushed to live.

He didn't actually say that though. Like Wing Commander, the dialogue prompts are what your character is thinking which are shortened versions of what the character actually says. "Stay frosty" just meant to play it cool ("I'm your new wingman.") versus the other option of acting stiff ("Private user reporting for duty sir!").

>PTU
>it's not public

dialogue options where the character says something completely different from what the option says are fucking trash

how hard is it to just straight up show me what I'm going to say if I click this? I don't want to play guessing games with my RP.

Yea, they should've called it something else.

I agree, I hated that about Mass Effect. I was just stating the facts.

no they should have just stuck to the original concept, opt-in for a buggy(er) version

>adding tanks in a game where every ship can also function as an impromptu hover gunship
I mean, I really like tanks and like playing tanks in video games

but unless there's an AA variant it seems very pointless

There is an AA vehicle. I'm not looking forward to the balancing that will be required for this shit.

pasted from last thread

Dont bother doing that, get yourself to a system called g 126-31 and go to dobrovolski ring, its only 100ls from arrival, get the federal factions there ranked up and they'll start dropping stackable sentry skimmer missions to an anarchy system called morta only 2.5LY away, you can board hop until you have a full log of missions, go to morta and destroy the sentry skimmers, log out once they're all dead and log back in until all your missions are complete, as you increase your standing with them you'll end up getting missions around 3M average, sometimes up to 10M for elite rating missions with allied faction. It takes around 30 mins to fill up and make a run, doesnt matter what ship you have as long as you park outside their defences range. take a few planetary vehicle hangars incase one of your SRVs gets destroyed, even if you dont lose one you will run out of ammunition and synthesis materials are better used elsewhere. Make sure your ship has point defenses so they can help shoot down missiles guardian drones fire at you. Try to aggro the group of guardians and kill as many of them as possible before the skimmers come at you. When they do come at you drive away or reverse whilst firing at them, if they get close to you they'll circle strafe you, be a bitch to hit and constantly shoot stopping your shields from regenerating. Whenever you get incoming missile warning put all pips to systems, but hopefully your ships point defences will catch most of them.

>exposed crew
yeah nah I mean something like a tunguska or a gepard

You need to specify your Gepards

quit being a pedantic retard, you know precisely what i mean when I'm comparing it to a tunguska

balancing #1 don't make ships handle like magical ufo's in atmosphere

even modern aircraft have hover capability,let alone spaceships

aircraft hover is basically useless. vtol is a huge meme. stovl maybe. in reality coming to such a complete stop is not a recipe for being an unstoppable meme gunship but a giant sitting duck with about 20 missiles about to lodge themsleves up your anal cavity

more like store citizen amirite

lol

How about you take a moment to consider what you know before you say something and spare us the confusion :^)

In someways the balancing will play out as most ships being unable to sit in an area for too long before running out of fuel. CIG has said that there will be ships intended for hovering in atmosphere like the Hawk, but that once implemented something like the Sabre would burn through its fuel very quickly if just hovering around.

We do need manpads that can bring down fighters though.

The tank has anti-armor and anti-air capabilities by default.

>AA by default
???

rockets on top of the turret

I was wondering if that's what was being referred to. They better limit that to something like four rockets/missiles for anti air. It looks like there's four tubes so one per tube.

It could have an internal reload system, they’ve existed for years.

I'm not referring to functionality, just balance. There's an MG on that turret for the commander and most likely an MG built into the turret for the gunner somewhere, so it's going to shred through infantry. That rail gun looking cannon is going to rip through other ground vehicles so I'm guessing it's going to be dominant on land, already a balance nightmare. Then you give it anit air missiles, which most likely will be heat seeking, may as well get rid of the AA cyclone.

i'm the future tank that's covered in shot traps with an off-center gun (guns? lol if so)

the AA cyclone will probably fit in more ships than a tank ever would, and assumingly be faster/cheaper/have less of a signature

I’m not worried about the ground balance, I’m worried about the fact that 90% of the vehicles in this game can launch missiles at it from low orbit then fuck off at lightspeed. There will be no point to tanks if one chucklefuck in an Aurora can just sit up in the sky and rain armageddon. Unless AA weaponry is extremely effective there will be no ground combat that doesn’t end in a curbstomp symphony from above.

If the ships can even lock on with missiles.

listen to yourself, bro; you're theorycrafting about shit that will never exist

Shot traps haven't really been relevant in tanks for years

>new tank have both heavy gun and AA
>whales discover their amazing rover is actually a cheap recon and pirate grunt

It shouldn't surprise anybody and yet still do. Why?

yeah because no one's put one on a tank since 1941

>lot of people mock the design of a tank in a game with fictive space-fighter
Wow I totally expect that.

It could have been much worse
>multiple main turrets
>multiple main cannon
>glass turrets

What do you mean by glass turrets.

The music in the S42 teaser is ultra cheese and not very good hopefully tracks in the demo tomorrow are better.

>multiple main turrets
>multiple main cannon
>glass turrets
I'd welcome shit like this, honestly. It's no larger leap than the abundance of turreted fighters in game.

Man, I hope the dont fuck up the soundtrack, but I'm not loosing faith, this track is pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=knPG6Pe5DKU

>posting a double barrelled tank
>not this one
this is the truly superior double barrelled tank for sc

The only reason why the EFSF had double barrel tanks was because they were going up against mobile suits and the huge Magellan tanks

Turret also doubles as a fighter

>access denied

Give me a page grab of the tank page, Chris is being a kike again.

More like it just doesn't matter, it's not like you are going to bounce a depleted uranium sabot round down through the roof of your hull

Windows 7 (64bit) with Service Pack 1, Windows 8 (64bit), Windows 10 - Anniversary Update (64bit)
DirectX 11 Graphics Card with 2GB RAM (4GB strongly recommended)
Quad Core CPU
16GB+ RAM
SSD strongly recommended

Who here /ready/?

more

Make way for the pinnacle of tank technology.

More still

Shot traps simply aren't a consideration in modern armor.

No way it needs 16GB of ram that is complete bullshit I"ve had a friend run SC on 6GB's of ram at 30fps and a ssd it was paging like a motherfucker but it was playable.

fuck it i've been trying to post a jpeg for half an hour and it doesn't seem to work
FIX THE WEBSITE HOTWHEELS
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/362664170254106624/393111737517342721/Tumbril_Goes_Nova_-_Roberts_Space_Industries.jpg

Christ

It'd be one thing to sell a virtual tank for 100 dollars (Hell world of tanks/warthunder comes close) but "Ground vehicle packs" that are 725USD?

Proving once again that Chris doesn't care what people think about star citizen, if there's an opportunity to jew he will

If people have that kind of spare change and want to throw out at SC let them.

Just like the land sale, its not about that, its about the perception of star citizen being a scam

What's the point of a fucking tank when your average space ship can outgun it for half the price?

Is the fact that it doesn't need to worry about flying mean all power is diverted to shields and an absolute fuck-ton of armor and oversized weapons or something?

sailed ship

I've seen people in PTU reporting 18gb. With windows/other shit as overhead, 16GB is definitely a safer bet to recommend than 8.

Too late.

>yeah, I have a solid track of good decisions, like investing my bitcoins in star citizen.
courtesy of 10bux

Believe it or not perception was shifting, 3.0 was playable by people, fun meme videos were coming out, people were showing interest, and then bam chris sells land claims, now boom, 725 usd of virtual tank

It's gotten to the point where I'm convinced that negative publicity is actually cig's marketing

I think at this point people are either at one camp or the other and at the end of the day,it's these sales that fund the game

I mean I'm in, I've spent $500 on this, and I like what's happening, I just wish they'd work a little more on their public image

There are so many people hoping for schadenfreude from Star Citizen that their image will forever be tainted by a legion of people salivating at the remote prospect of disaster. Might as well just focus on keeping the people that're already invested happy than worrying about the crowd of jabbering harpies on the sidelines.

So, did they disable in game chat with the latest patch so people wouldn't keep bitching about how the game is still unplayable more than 1.5 times through the alphabet?

Best way to do that is work on the game,.Make a good game and all the bad press will be forgotten.

Do you guys think they should stop all new ship/vehicle sales for a while? Or at least finish one before they unveil a new one?

Suddenly I've started to feel like they've gone a bit overboard with sales. I was fine with many sales, as long as they do it in a tasteful manner and spread them out. But now I'm not sure how to feel. I've been a backer for over 5 years and I didn't ever mind these sales because I understand they are completely optional and to help fund development. But I guess public perception is starting to change my apparently weak brain. Maybe it's just because I don't like seeing this game get so much hatred because of it's perceived ultra greedy business practices. Or maybe I am scared of feature creep. But I just feel like they need to chill the fuck out, they're starting to overstep their boundaries for what is considered acceptable by most.

Do you think it's going to get worse because of the lawsuit? I have a feeling they're going to start to get desperate, not because they're running out of money, but because they don't know how much it's going to cost them and better safe then sorry.

>literally never happened
I've already literally done planetary landings in 3.0 and there was no loading screen.