/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

>Event
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/The_Starlight_Celebration

>Patch 4.18
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/fb2cfeec68d0da7ae33b84f5c2eee0e39c815192

>Callback Campaign:
>na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/CwDXVRwP

last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AsxIXhYCi5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=AZEtfzDxBi8
youtube.com/watch?v=1J7Hs7rpQ7w
youtube.com/watch?v=W_SosS9S8bw&t=
youtube.com/watch?v=RcVg3TvUhto
youtu.be/ckRSn2zWt_o
youtube.com/watch?v=zDPJuAxZaOo
youtube.com/watch?v=IohqAwV4Mjw
youtube.com/watch?v=vm-lzKG6MXE
youtube.com/watch?v=y4SrwRHGx0w
youtube.com/watch?v=5j0NBna--8A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pet the nearest lala and post screenshot of proof!

Hardmode: NO BULLYING LALAS

Hi /xivg/, I hope today goes well for you and you get what drops you're looking for.

This picture alone makes me want to fantasia from femroe to lalafell just so I can be held and fucked silly by a nice midlander boy.

Nidhogg was the best boy of HW

What if I don't need drops? O.o

I just failed to do the starlight fate 3 times in a row because I'm a retard and didn't realize I had to level sync. Does that count as getting my drop?

what do all star points on a parse mean?

Best story, best cutscenes, best music, I agree.

youtube.com/watch?v=AsxIXhYCi5Y

I did the same thing, user. Don't feel bad.

Nidhogg was cool, but fuck his eyes for the stupid mcguffins they were.

I like loli and even i think lalafells are fucking gross

Well then I just hope you have a good day.
Sorry to hear that! At least you finally figured it out?

slap a bow on me and call me a lump of disgusting coal in ur stockin bby

But his eyes also gave us another cute dragon

>Let's just throw these hyper powerful items into a pit. No one will find them.

ahn~ meowbois

Pay attention next time and you'll know why they tossed them off the fucking bridge

I dunno, man, Aymeric's reasoning was literally just "Quick, cast them into the abyss" but that's not a bottomless pit. Even Aymeric laments that this was a bad decision. It wasn't even Elidibus that recovered them, it was the Warriors of Darkness. Which means we could have actually gone down and gotten them, too

>epperson thirsting for acat

THIS CHRISTMAS

30 more days and I'll be free

Post sneaky ninjas.

IN ORDER TO SAVE HIMSELF FROM TEARS

This guy gets it. Especially when they're just simply destroyed later.

/pet
Congrats

What's the worst race/gender combination and why is it catboys?

There was no power left in them when estinien finally got to them.

I think it was supposed to be a crazy chaotic torrent of Aether and stuff that would kill most regular people beneath the bridge, hence the suggestion from Aymeric.

Personally I think it's catgirls and lizardgirls, but that's only from an aesthetic standpoint. I was never into anime catgirls and the prevalence of them in XIV brings back all those feelings of annoyance when I was a younger weeb. Lizardgirls just look creepy with their moe emotes and alien bodies.

>I was never into anime catgirls
this is beyond shit taste, catgirls are a treasure of the universe

Jesus just fuck off already.

If you want to shitpost here, please for the love of Christ, put on a name that can be filtered. Recursive filtering will allow autists who respond to be filtered as well.

And please, at least consider my request. Calling my post chemo also is pretty much in bad taste too, confirming you're just as bad as him or them or whatever.

>go to redit to try to lean what the fuck all star points mean
>its all fucking art in top post
come the fuck on man

No it's literally just a really deep valley with eternal mist. There were quests involving this.

Nah.

Pretty sure Aymeric's main concern right now was that Nidhogg would attempt to overwhelm the minds of either the WoL or Alphinaud and control them. Or worse, just splort back onto Estinien again since he was probably in no condition to resist their googly madness.

ONE MAN

catboys are the best. I can see how the musk might be a turn off though

>take over the WOL
if you read the lore you would have just realized how retarded you sounded right now

Huh, I don't remember that 2bh, oh well x_x

I'm not saying it would have happened, I'm saying Aymeric was probably huffing into a brown paper bag at the thought of it. He wanted the eyes far away from ANYONE right then.

To be fair, they're completely spent after Shinryu's summon. It was a bad decision to throw them down into the Sea of Clouds, where the Warriors of Darkness of all people managed to go down and retrieve them, then give them to Elidibus shortly because they decide to shoot Alisaie.

Honestly individually, they'd have probably been fine. Estinien's problem was that he held both at the same time after Thordan's defeat. When he personally was overwhelmed by just one during the 50 DRG quest, and he let his guard down for that moment. The better approach would have been to isolate the two at far distant reaches, and prevent regular access to them. Or hell, let Hrae carry one off so that it's removed immediately. I mean in his defense, he was in panic, but ultimately throwing them down there just made a mess of everything

If you'd like to answer any lore questions or are curious about researching so you're better prepared, there's a lorebook scan in the pastebin. I suggest you read it.

Who are you talking to?

EMBARKS ON AN EPIC QUEST

*posts avatar in reply to everything*

*always wearing the same shit, same expression, same stance, and sometimes change the top*

haha i'm cute and original :D xD O.O o.O

Yeah the biggest issue they had was not having a plan for what to do with the eyes afterwards, but they were kind of late to the party after getting some dragon help in the first place it's not like they had a lead box ready to dunk them in.

It was a bad idea 100% but at least it makes sense from the perspective of the characters doing it.

>Avatarfag uses a trip
>Gets mad even though they can easily filter them.
>REEEEEE

I will never understand idiots.

That's what I miss. I had sandcat filtered not because I disliked them, but because 4chanx filtered assholes who tried to spam them and the thread too. It worked out pretty decently as well.

*breaks ur tripcode so u can't use it*
omg get a trip

Did my point shoot over your head?

Ilberd is the true liberator of ala mhigo
if he didnt do what he did then the GCs would still be jerking eachother off in their barracks

I want to jerk off Merlwyb in her barracks.

He didn't liberate shit, he got a bunch of people killed and pulled three nations into a war to save his garbage heap of a country that tried to invade one of them. Then he went and summoned a motherfucking primal even though it's been proven that primals are bastardized and obscenely warped versions of the gods they mimic.

Good job, thumbsup Lala. You broke the community.

This is acknowledged even before SB. Raubahn said he'd liberate it for the both of them. And Ilberd is present in the flashback, too. His method, however, would have simply resulted in absolutely everything being laid to waste, which is what he wanted. But the result, had that happened, wouldn't have been a freed Ala Mhigo

Truly he was the Char Aznable of Final Fantasy XIV

You know as well as anyone here that no one uses this place for legitimate discussion outside of the first two days before and after a patch drops. There is no point to filtering anything either because when you do it completely kills the thread. I know because I've done it. I've gone through and hid and recursive filtered every single shitpost multiple times. Want to know what the thread looked like? A whole fucking twenty posts at most every single time.

You want discussion on this game, you find yourself a mirror and start talking at it because /v/ will tell you to fuck off back here, this place will drown your post in avatarfaggotry, memes, or drama between retards that obsess over each other, and reddit is filled to the brim with nothing but fan art of people's fuckugly characters. It's stupid but that's how shit works. Either leave or accept it like everyone else has. Don't bother trying to say that the thread should just die either because these types of people are fucking everywhere, and in some cases it's the very people being shitposted about that are there.

and what happened as a result of all of that?
the liberation of both ala mhigo and doma
Ilberd is the 13th deity

So the Warrior of Light canonically happens to know seven other random idiots that also have the Echo.

Yeah the Echo isn't that uncommon I guess.

>and what happened as a result of all of that?

Omega woke up and decided to wage war against all life and Shinryu wound up in the hands of the Garleans, poised to be used as a weapon for Zenos to wipe out all of Eorzea.

Also, tons of Ala Mhigans died.

Ilberd is a sad little man who fell victim to his own hubris and idealism-turned bloodlust. He murdered his own people in a sacrifice to scar aether enough so as to force a primal into existence. He was a monster.

The warrior of light does no canonically have a girlfriend

Gerolt mentions something during the Anima questline that the state of the anima spirit being only visible to those with the echo meant that it was only going to be of interest/use to you and a bunch of your buddies.

If Ilberd's plan went ahead without Papalymo's sacrifice happening immediately after, Shinryu would have immediately begun another Calamity, and no one would have had the time to even consider Omega. If Nero hadn't proposed releasing Omega, who was last active when it captured Bahamut and sealed him inside Dalamud, the cocoon would have broken and everything would have been destroyed without an entity for Shinryu to focus his fire on. And if all of that had still carried on, but without the Warrior of Light existing, Shinryu would currently still be shackled and Zenos would still have control of both Ala Mhigo and Doma

Allah Mhiggers aren't people

Did they not have the budget to show or explain how they captured Shinryu?

Bout to head to sleep. How is everyone?

im gay
also why are you licking the floor

Omega defeated Shinryu and fettered it. Zenos then finds it midway through Stormblood and remarks he should have expected no less of Bahamut's conqueror. He then extracts Shinryu from the hole it fell into and moves it to the Royal Menagerie.

This is all explained in cutscenes.

Dropped my Skittles. Can't let them go to waste.

Shinryu's shackled fate started in the cutscene at the end of Stormblood, when they both clashed. Protostar and Wave Cannon clashed, and both fell, Shinryu was shackled during his fall and landed wherever, while Omega disabled his own deactivation mechanism and began his experiment to find a worthy opponent. Zenos acquires Shinryu during a cutscene late into Stormblood where he specifically mentions Bahamut's conqueror

americans don't have skittles

Doesn't matter if you're gonna sleep
Go sleep nerdo

Sorry, at the end of Heavensward

post full

Post character and the song you're listening to RIGHT NOW

Message me privately.

youtube.com/watch?v=AZEtfzDxBi8
I'm actually just going through old cutscenes at the moment

youtube.com/watch?v=1J7Hs7rpQ7w

youtube.com/watch?v=W_SosS9S8bw&t=

>quest to discover who the thieves that broke into Rowena's place are
>everyone blames the Doman children
>Doman children didn't do it
>"It was probably the Lalafells."
>Doman children suggest it was the Lalafells
>it was

Fucking potatoes.

youtube.com/watch?v=RcVg3TvUhto

youtu.be/ckRSn2zWt_o

I just wanna be a Scholaaaaaaaaar

You on Aether? I can help if you want it.

data center?

youtube.com/watch?v=zDPJuAxZaOo

Not that dude but where..

youtube.com/watch?v=IohqAwV4Mjw

youtube.com/watch?v=vm-lzKG6MXE

>queue for leveling roulette dungeon
>get shitty fucking trial
Anyone else hate this?

youtube.com/watch?v=y4SrwRHGx0w

Now I'm gonna listen to everyone else's music.

feat. my bf talking during quests
youtube.com/watch?v=5j0NBna--8A

no because it's the easiest XP ever, one of those leveling Trials is way faster than any dungeon will be and you usually get most of the XP from the roulette itself not the dungeon.