/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via magnethax or system transfer)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Dec 20] Luma3DS 9.0 commits several lingering tweaks, including open source modules into a new stable release. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

>Switch
[Nov 10] Userland code execution is now possible, no releases yet. wololo.net/2017/11/15/can-now-run-homebrews-nintendo-switch-3-0-0/
[Oct 19] OFW 4.0.0 released (now 4.1.0), you may want to stay on 3.0.0 until new vulnerabilities are found. wololo.net/2017/10/19/nintendo-switch-firmware-4-0-0-released/

>Vita
[Oct 23] PKGI released, allows installing original pkg files, download & unpack pkg files directly on Vita together with your NoNpDrm fake license github.com/mmozeiko/pkgi/releases
-pkgi.txt: nopaystation.com/pkgi

>PS4
[Oct 20] fail0verflow published a writeup for their 4.05 kernel exploit. wololo.net/2017/10/20/adieu-ps4-kernel-exploit-firmware-4-06-fully-detailed-team-fail0verflow/

>PS3
[Nov 24] PS3Xploit NOR/NAND flash writer & NOR dumper for 4.82 OFW released. psxhax.com/threads/ps3xploit-4-82-cfw-on-ofw-nor-nand-flash-writer-nor-dumper.3112/
-Works on all fat models and early slims (any PS3 made before 2011), super slims aren't supported yet (expect a HENkaku-like exploit in 2018). Compatibility chart: i.imgur.com/7G3tM5D.png

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v9.0
events.ccc.de/congress/2017/Fahrplan/events/8941.html
gbatemp.net/threads/491674
wololo.net/2017/12/14/ps4-update-5-03-released
taikotime.blogspot.com.es/2015/04/taiko-no-tatsujin-v-version-song-list.html).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Switch piracy is now a thing apparently

So for the 3DS CFW guide, does the supported version for ntrboot on the cards only apply for installing it onto the card from that 3DS, or is it a flat "you need to be at or below this version on the 3DS period" to do it? Because I have an Acekard 2i and a DS Lite I can use for it, I just want to make sure I'm not going to fuck anything up by making assumptions.

>3DS
[Dec 20] Luma 9.0 released. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v9.0

>Switch
[Dec 20] plutoo, derrek and naehrwert will hold a 34c3 lecture on December 28. events.ccc.de/congress/2017/Fahrplan/events/8941.html

>Wii
[Dec 13] Flashax, a web browser entrypoint, has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/491674

>PS4
[Dec 14] PS4 update 5.03 released. wololo.net/2017/12/14/ps4-update-5-03-released

also remove the older news

no.

Reposting from previous thread:
I know that the PS3 Guide recommends PSNStuff++ and PSNDL to download PS3 packages, but I can't believe that there aren't better alternatives than these two. I can't find Katamari Forever with these, for example. Any help?

Alright, I've been trying to load soundhax for the past half hour.
Is there anything I could be doing wrong?

louder

in case you closed the thread already

>this shouldn't be rocket science to you faggots

T-thanks, user.

Why not just buy the game? It's actually a good game that deserves your money.

New to ps3 jailbreak, I have a stupid question, can I transfer 50 .rar files to irisman and extract them with irisman? I can't use to FTP

it's a common question i'm sick of hearing. sorry for bullying.

>plutoo, derrek and naehrwert will hold a 34c3 lecture on December 28.
Maybe they'll release an exploit? I kinda doubt it, but we'll surely get some important stuff out of it.

no.

extract from a pc and then put the proper ps3_game directory or iso format on a usb. copy to ps3 hard drive with multiman file manager. if files are larger than 4gb then you gotta split them

Bamco killed the series, wait for Keita Takahashi's new game instead.

Third world gamer. Not because of money though, I'd love to buy it. But I can't find it anywhere near where I live. Not only that, but online stores won't even ship it to this shithole.

it's long out of print, so your money just goes to a reseller. if you play it and want a copy afterwards for your collection, you can still buy it.

It's a 32gb "PS3_GAME" file, can I just put it on my external hdd and connect that to ps3 and transfer it from there to ps3 hdd?

Come on, seriously, is it really supposed to take this many tries?

do wii eshop games install on same wii u usb hdd?
just noticed most vwii games I care about have official eshop versions
would be great to not fiddle with two hdds

Games that are physical-only, and never got a PSN release, will not be on PSNStuff/PSNDL.

yes works sigpatched, you can also inject other games

One last question there's a "bonus" with an OST and translations, and also a PS3_Disk.sfb file outside of the PS3_GAME folder, do i transfer those to my PS3 as well?

>Flashax
why even bother?

Reposting/rephrasing question from last thread:
If I wanted to delete a Vita game from a memory card without deleting the bubble, should I delete it using Vitashell/Molecularshell instead of using the content manager? I have games saved on both my SD2Vita microSD and my official Vita memory card, and I want to delete them from the memory card and keep them only on the microSD, but deleting them using the content manager deletes the bubble, so I can't access on either memory card.

why can't you use ftp?

I haven't checked it out yet, but if it works on the Wii U it's actually kind of useful.

you need to make a folder in games, and then put ps3_game and ps3_disc.sfb inside of it

>you need to make a folder in games
Should this folder contain the name of the game or something like?

I got it first time, everytime.

What are the contents of your sd card?

should be the game ID e.g. BLUS30008 for sonic '06

nope, just regular Wii

Thanks kind user! :3

>finally get around to installing snes9x on my o3ds
>jump on emuparadise for the first time in years to grab some sweet, sweet snes roms
>all the first party Nintendo roms are fucking gone
Shit. Where the fuck can I grab SNES roms now?

Veeky Forums.org/t

aw, too bad

You probably think your a real funny guy but you've actually helped me out tremendously. Thank you user

What the fuck, user? There's a whole active general where you can request games an be spoonfed. Don't take me as your average channer.

It's too late faggot. You've already helped me and I've already thanked you. There's no take backs here nigger. It's done. It's all over now. You lost, I won.

how will he ever recover?

>Flashax
>Wii
Literally useless considering Letterbomb works like a charm.
Unless, of course, it actually manages to do anything for the Wii Mini.

Was I - dare I say - BTFO?

I haven't touched my 3DS since Browserhax. It's currently on 9.2.0-20U but I can't seem to connect to any of my access points.

Settings can see them and I haven't changed any options but I can't fully connect. Should I update?

You should read the guide and install b9s with it
Updating your system would bring you to 11.6 and you would be fucked unless you got a flashcard

I'm confused, I used Irisman to install a 16GB .PKG and it wouldn't display the game on the XMB however the it's present in the Game Data folder. How am I supposed to install it properly?

are you sure it wasn't DLC or patches? what exactly did you install?

There is a taiko dlc link in the google doc in the vita pastebin in the OP that has 89 songs, including a few chinese exclusive ones. However, if my math is correct, that is 4 less than the DLC songs listed on taiko time (taikotime.blogspot.com.es/2015/04/taiko-no-tatsujin-v-version-song-list.html). Anyone know what the 4 missing ones are?

if you're feeling dedicated, you could check the song names against that list.

at least it's news
unlike shit from 5 months a year ago lmao

how are people downloading wii vc games for wiiu? I use nusgrabber for wiiu stuff but I don't see for wii vc titles. is there a freeshop or similar?

A Ni no Kuni package I got from PSNDL. I am sure I got the game proper. Is it possible that having installed the game's performance improvement thing before (Borrowed a copy) could have caused this?

doubt it.
first thing you should try is rebuilding your database. if that doesn't work, i would try deleting the entry in game data and installing the pkg from the XMB.

ni no kuni has 2 parts. it's about 21 gigs in total.
did you install both?

I have, I'll try redownloading the 2nd part just in case. Thanks user!

Dumb question, how go we get games from psndl
Do we connect to it on the ps3 or do we download on PC then move it over?

Update! I suck at math, there are actually 7 missing songs from the folder (96 total). I checked vs the taiko time list and it seems we're missing 8 Chinese songs. Also, I only counted 88 songs in game, instead of 89, so I'm gonna go check the each song folder individually and see what's up.

What's the word on Luma 9? Does it break/add anything important?

>Dragon's Dogma DA only released in PAL version
>DA DLC only available in US version

What do? They must be from the same region or it doesn't work. Anyone knows where I can find either of the missing things?

Forgot to mention this is for ps3.

Skate 3 US DLC rap files when
SSX DLC when

Download from pc and transfer it to you respective storage device.

Just fucking buy it and dump it already yourself instead of begging for it every thread.

no

Does anyone game stream with moonlight on vita? Can you get smiooth local (athome) streaming .. if so,how?

nah, just a standart update
just update ntr if you use it

download the US version from another place and use the DLC

Nothing exists anywhere, I checked both public and private torrent trackers. There's only the euro/PAL version.

Can the Vita connect to a computer using USB Mass Storage yet?

vitashell does that

it looks like the US PSN version is right there in your picture, is something wrong with it?

In the previous thread someone asked
>audio starts cutting in and out in game
>turn console on and off
>still happening, even in PS3 menu
>What could be the cause? I checked the temperature and it's 62 degrees Celsius, is that high?

My question to you, how big is your harddrive? Did you upgrade it beyond 500 GB? I just read of someone claiming to experience similar issues since upgrading to a 1TB HDD.

Oh, also 62 during gameplay is pretty great. When idling it's not ideal but if you're willing to put up with loud fans you can probably force down the higher temps that are likely occuring when running more demanding games.

yup, it's right there. just checked. that guy is a #retard.

Then again, if your fans are set to syscon 61°C idling is actually great. You didn't provide enough info here. If you're idling with the fans at like ~30 % speed, that's not so good.

What I am saying is, syscon keeps mine at 61°C idle. Setting the fans to 30% immediately drops temps down to 52 °C.

It actually runs a bit better, it's snappier, not so laggy at times, rebooting and powering off from rosalina works properly, but you will need to update ntr also as other user stated

Do I have to buy a flashcart to play DS games on my N3DS XL or nah?

Is the vita the best portable emulation machine yet or does that title go to psp still?

Not unless the 3ds can handle ps1 games now, but I doubt that

>install shit tons of mods for fallout new vegas on the ps3
>game looks a billion times better
>finally take screenshots of the game
>screenshots look like vanilla game
welp, anyway it's unbelievable how much better the game looks with simple mods and that's without custom textures since you can't do that.

I compiled bootntr yesterday and i'm sure it's a bad build, it won't let me select which ntr version to use after the initial setup where i choose the paths and it doesn't kick me back to the homemenu either i have to press home like some peasant.
Though it does otherwise do the one fucking job it has well.

NTRBoot does not care about the target 3DS' firmware. Use the "DS Lite" version of the installer ( you run it as any other .nds game backup, and your card gets ready for action).

The problem with fallout and skyrim on the ps3 is not that they run terrible it's that the more you play the more crap accumulates in the savedata from where you have modified the initial state of rooms and it has to keep track, this all clogs up the little memory the game has really quickly and it will slow to a crawl.
Using a pc you can purge the save periodically but it will just fill right back up again.
In short these games should come with an assortment of gimp-wear because only a masochist would willingly play those versions.

I'm well aware of the save thing, it doesn't really matter all that much unless you put literally hundreds of hours into a single save file and try to 100% the entire game, even then the patches fixed most of the slowdowns, it still happens though.

What I was trying to say is how just simple tweaks made the game infinitelly much more enjoyable to me. Removing the piss filter alone made the game much less ugly, then increasing the contrast essentially removed the washed out colors. I also increased the lighting and installed mods that removed useless crap from the game like those annoying dust things and generally improved performance.

I still need to add more gameplay fixes but generally it's much much better now.

Did you also remember to nullify the installation process so it doesn't waste drive space? Unless you used a psn copy or something.
Gotta disagree about the 100% thing as well, it happened to me shortly after i left goodsprings, odd how it varies.
Good game just not on ps3, nice when you get pc mods working on consoles though gives me some flashbacks to the old xbox days where kotor completely supported the pc mods sans the console ones.

>Did you also remember to nullify the installation process so it doesn't waste drive space?
What is that? I got the goty edition from a game folder and the game installed so I have it on both game and Games folder. Are you saying I could have just moved the original game and played from there without installing? Not that I need extra hd space though.

Some games you can cancel or otherwise limit the install of because it's needless.
Inside the game files there is a file dictating whats to be installed to the drive,you just delete the lot from it, the install screen will still show up but it won't do much.
Until you edit the install file it might actually keep restoring them though so perhaps shadow copying is better.
Or you can just ignore it until you run low on space.

That's nice, thanks. I don't think I'll do that though, there aren't many games left for me to play on the PS3 and I usually just play them one at a time.

Now this can't be right, can it?

Wait, did R3 even release digitally? The fuck is that file even?

looks like an update file

Just got a R4 from nds-cards, what firmware should I go with, Wood R4 or the 'official' R4 firmware?

Sweet. Thanks, man!

I've got my Wii mostly pimped out but I'm having a lot of trouble with Savegame Manager GX. I've been able to successfully backup and restore a save, but the settings will not save and reset to default every time I launch it. So custom savepaths get reset, the default browser location gets reset, etc. It also says facelib not detected everytime I boot and opens a file explorer (I assume to look for whatever facelib is). Also, I'm unsure if this is related but my mii data was corrupted after using it to restore a save. I'm using r127, anyone know what I should do? Is there a better wii save manager out there, or is there a more recent version that fixes these problems?

>removed the Wii guide
fuck off, we're not having this discussion again. it's stays in the OP.

everyone should have a Wii U by now to replace their Wii. a Wii U by itself on ebay is like $50. having your Wii games displayed via HDMI is worth it in itself.

How sure are you the sd card isn't getting its readonly switch hit when you put it in the machine? Happens all the time, i glue mine now; useless switch anyway. Mii data should be unrelated, you can store that shit in the wiimote for fucks sake.
I blame the sd card.

make that >170€ and you're right
shit is still expensive as fuck

This. I've been looking for a good Wii U deal but most offers are at least €180 where I live

Hardware is generally significantly more expensive in Europe

does that include the gamepad? that's the more expensive part.