This guy confidently walks in your department with a big bright smile on his reddened face and challenges you to...

this guy confidently walks in your department with a big bright smile on his reddened face and challenges you to present any historical evidence against the resurrection of jesus christ

what do lads ? or are there any other more philosophical ways to discredit it ?

Yes, it says in the Quran that Isa ascended to heaven alive. Therefore if he did not die he could not be resurrected.

I ask him to present the evidence he has for the resurrection of jesus christ, since coming back from the dead is pretty rare and all.

But user the were Gospels written much closer to the actual event which makes them more authoritative historical sources.

Ah, but you see that is exactly why they're the less credible source.

The gospels had more time to be corrupted and degenerate from the Islamic teachings of Isa (pbuh). The Quran on the other hand was directly revealed by Allah to Muhammed (pbuh) and then fully compiled by the rightly guided Abu Bakr.

The great mass was to be saved but only after the heaviest sacrifices of time and patience.
Never, however, was an atheist to be freed from his viewpoint.

I was still childlike enough at that time to want to make the madness of their doctrine clear to them; I talked my tongue
sore and my throat hoarse and thought that I must succeed in convincing them of the harmfulness of their positivist
insanity. In fact, I achieved just the opposite. It seemed as though the mounting insight into the nihilistic effect of humanist theories and their realization only served to strengthen them in their determination.

The more I argued with them the more I learned their dialectic. At first they calculated on the stupidity of their adversary.
Then, when they could find no other way out, they played stupid themselves. ...Whenever you attacked one of the
apostles, your hand closed around slimy matter which immediately separated and slipped through the fingers and the
next moment reconstituted itself. If you struck such an annihilating blow that, observed by the audience, he had no
choice but to agree with you, and thus you thought you had taken one step forward, the next day your amazement would
be great. The atheist knew nothing at all about yesterday and repeated his same old twaddle as though nothing had
happened; if you angrily challenged him on this, he could not remember a thing other than he had demonstrated the
correctness of his assertions on the previous day.

Many times I stood there astonished.

I didn’t know what to be more amazed at: their verbal agility or their art in lying.

Gradually, I began to hate them.

God's Word cannot be corrupted.

This is true, hence why Allah's ad verbatim word in the Quran is eternal.

The Law was written by God's own Hand and Mohammadism promotes unlawful idolatry.

The new testament is the only sauce for the resurrection, and a pretty biased one.
I just found one other: "About this time appeared Jesus, a wise man (if indeed it is right to call Him man; for He was a worker of astonishing deeds, a teacher of such men as receive the truth with joy), and He drew to Himself many Jews (many also of Greeks. This was the Christ.) And when Pilate, at the denunciation of those that are foremost among us, had condemned Him to the cross, those who had first loved Him did not abandon Him (for He appeared to them alive again on the third day, the holy prophets having foretold this and countless other marvels about Him.) The tribe of Christians named after Him did not cease to this day." (Jewish Antiquities, 18.3.3 §63 )

"I'm not one to try and dismantle people's beliefs" would be my response in a non-anonymous environment

"burden of proof is on the person making the claim", would be my response in an anonymous one.

Christians create idols of God, Isa, Mary, and their saints.

They don't really have room to complain in the idolatry department.

The oldest gospel accounts (early copies of Mark) don't end with a resurrection, just a mention of an empty tomb and witnesses not telling anyone about it. That wouldn't make much sense if the guy was walking around for weeks and interacting with a bunch of people.

Christ is the Son of God and therefore worthy of worship.

However I agree that the Romans have gone overboard with Mary and the saints.

preach it

Does it say in Leviticus "any idol" or "except idols of me".

Also Allah is one God indivisible, he does not have a son.

God's Word is His Son from the beginning.

>Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs

>ΕΝ ΑΡΧΗ ἦν ὁ λόγος, kαὶ ὁ λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν θεόν, kαὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος.

>Allah told Muhammed why Christianity was wrong
> Allah told Muhammed that Christians believe the trinity is God, Jesus, and Mary, rather than the Holy Spirit
> Allah is all knowing
> ???

not sure what this whole thread is about

but there is some ""evidence"" for it mostly in the form of implication

like why would the followers of Christ willfully continue to be persecuted for the sake of a dead man and a (likely) soon to be dying religion?

And something about the historical infallibility of everything that CAN be proven or disproved (as in whether or not someone said something alone in a forest can not be proven or disproved, but old cities can be found in archaeological digs)

I think there was more but I cant be bothered to google them all

Mind you that this article by Josephus was written 40 some years after Jesus's death and has been a hot topic as to whether or not it is actually legit. It is 1 of the earliest sources, no doubt, yet it has a very sketchy background like the Shroud of Turin