Since biz is like 95% turbo-neets and minimum wage cucks, why don't you consider joining the military...

Since biz is like 95% turbo-neets and minimum wage cucks, why don't you consider joining the military. Too afraid to leave the fucking basement?

For all these poorfags who whine and bitch
>OKAY YEAH WELL YOU CANT JUST STUMBLE ONTO A 50K A YEAR JOB, YOU WERE BORN LUCKY

I'm getting paid 50k a year to lift weights, jerk-off and shitpost, with only a highschool diploma and no "connections". I've gotten technical training while being paid, housed, and fed.

I'm on my way to purchasing my 2nd home at 24 years old after having only been in for 2 years.

Get your fucking school paid for which automatically puts you ahead of all the other wage cucks who are indebted for a decade after leaving school.

Go cocoon mode and work on your degree while you are serving with Tuition assitance, or get civilian certification just by tracking the hours you already work.

>"BUT MILITARYFAG", you might say
>"I don't wanna die for Israel or Oil!"

Then don't become a fucking grunt, and get a technical job where the risk is basically the same as any other industrial enviroment job.

I personally do not think im gonna stay in past my first enlistment, but you'd have to be either a fool or too big of a pussy, who is afraid to leave the nest, to not see that the opportunity is ripe for the taking.

Think of it as a stepping stone, a way to drag yourself out of the shitty life you currently live (which I know you do)

Most of you wont heed this advice because it requires leaving your comfort zone (ie your mothers basement). You'd rather sit around and bitch and moan about how its the country's fault, the economy's fault, your parents fault, and EVERYONE else except your own fault for the situation you are in. Well here is your opportunity to fucking sacrifice alittle and truly earn something for yourself.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/TM8sAPB
militarytimes.com/story/military/benefits/retirement/2016/02/07/new-military-retirement-law-creates-big-decisions-many-troops/79347998/
militarypay.defense.gov/Portals/3/Documents/BlendedRetirementDocuments/DoD-BRS AC FINAL 10.1.2016.pdf?ver=2017-01-27-111503-300
militarypay.defense.gov/BlendedRetirement/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I will consider my job outlooks this week, then I'll seriously consider the military

>dying for israel

yeah fuck off you fox news brainlet

What did you do from 18-22

Ima ride out a 2nd enlistment just cause ive been lucky and currently live in europe and traveling and shit but HOLY FUCK

I CANNOT stand the bullshit i go through anymore. The politics and new ranking system in the air force totally FUCKED my want to do fucking anything anymore. You have to be an autistic cuck slave to get promoted now. Fuck all that shit. Ima just say fuck you to any volunteering or anything they try making me do and go to school to learn to program and develop shit.

If that doesnt work out i have a trade at least and plus my crypto gains will be insane in 4-5 years.

Va loan lets me buy a house under $400k with no money down or interest so im set for life really. Plus gi bill for extra school if i want kek.

I wanted to join the military as a kid. But I am actually unfit due to me using eye drops for dry eyes.

Physically its not even a problem as I love fighting sports. Even got a master degree now.

my god
there is nothing worse than gun ho hoorah military tool types
fucking unbearable

i wish i could, but i live in Russia. My only chance to succeed it to find and investor my indie vidya.

Like most "lower middle class" without a full scholarship, dicked around in community college but with no real idea of what I wanted to do with my life

ALREADY ADDRESSED, good luck getting killed while sitting behind a fucking console in the middle of the ocean or at an airbase in spain

Did I ever say

>JOIN FOR HONOR AND DUTY AND SACRIFICING FOR YOUR AMAZING COUNTRY HOOYAH *gurgling uncle sams cum*

NO, I said do this shit for yourself because its fucking easy,and a good way to get out of a dead end life.

Some of us actually wanna do something in this world other than being rich faggots cucks.

Braindead retards can surely live their dreams in the army. Its just that ape mind logic doesnt cut it for some of us any more.

Dying for corporations? Wow you are a dumb nigger.

Half of this board is /pol/-lite, the idea of something like military service is alien to them.

doesnt matter what you said
in the military you will be surrounded by these fucking idiots anyway

Because I prefer algo-trading while traveling the world.

>bragging about how I mooch off taxpayers
wew lad

This

The problem is that I dropped out of high school :(

There are worse tax leeching jobs... who majors in english in an english speaking country?!

Most of Veeky Forums is retarded. I wouldn't want to join the military, but it's stupid to deny that it's a fiscally-sound decision for people who don't know what to do and feel as if they're trapped in a dead end. Decent pay, education benefits, housing assistance, and, in all honesty, fairly low risk unless you get deployed to an active warzone.

i think ima do it ahaha

Thank you for your service you shitposting faggot. Lol.

Fucking tried.

Flatfooted.
MFW cant even be a grunt...

Kill me.

VA loan for $400k no down payment or interest.

user!

Build 4 unit apartment complex. Live in it the required amount of time if you have to.

Rent out 3 other fucking pads.

Honestly I've heavily considered it, but I'm a tranny and also I don't want the military to ship me away from my girlfriend and I've already registered to go to school in the fall, so oh well. Maybe if school doesn't work out, me and my gf break up, and things overall become more accepting I'll join, but alas for now I cannot.

>1 post by this ID
show us proofs of the houses recruiterfag

Wrong board. People here want to buy "that one pennystock that will gain 3500%" or get a job that requires no skills, no education but pays $300k/yr where you sit at your desk and jack off all day long.

Tbh the military is cool. Just dont go reserves like I did ir you're not ready for civilian life/have no idea what you want to do.

US armed forces is mostly baby sitting for white trash and minorities. However, the amount of benefits and free shit they get is unreal. You don't have to be booksmart to realize how many doors a stint in the military will open for you if you're a dumb poor person.

>I'm going to join the military for the money!

Said no smart or financially savvy person ever.

>only been in 2 years
>only have a high school degree
>making 50K

Literally bullshit. EVEN if you ranked all the way up to E-7 in this time (you didn't) you'd be making about 36K. Even officers with your years of experience don't make $50K and they have a bachelor's degree.

There's nothing wrong with choosing to serve in the military. But joining solely for economic reasons, in my opinion, is very unwise.

>he doesn't know what bonus money is

Whewlad. If you knew a cryptolinguist fluent in multiple languages with maybe airborne duties getting BAH was making you'd shit yourself.

rekt

so timestamp a check stub or earnings statement.
or stop lying.

>50K a year is somehow a lot of money
>purchasing a home is somehow a good investment
>military knowledge is somehow useful outside the military

Lmfao kid, I was making 80K a year (self-employed) 1 year out of University and I wasn't the sharpest kid back then either.

I would only suggest the military for people without any drive.

It seems to be a great way for certain people to become responsible in their lives. That being said, from a purely financial perspective it's not that great.

autism the post

but if your food, living and medical expenses are paid for, then that 50K goes a lot farther.
Besides, there are some skills you can learn in the military that can do well in the private sector.

I'm not even the nigga he's talking to you fucking fag.

Life pro-tip: when someone says that they are making "X" amount of money and you can't figure out how, ask instead of asserting "nuh-uh".

Also

OP, I get that you're trying to give these kids some direction and help them to find their way in life, but either they get it or they don't. Most of them don't want to get it for one of many reasons. You can't handhold them through it, at best you can jog their thinking a little bit when they are stuck in a rut.

The goyim know

SHUT IT DOWN

this is actually a really great option for so many people.

>I'm not even the nigga he's talking to you fucking fag.
it doesn't matter you're making the same claim.
can you back it up with any evidence? OP isn't going to.
>Life pro-tip: when someone says that they are making "X" amount of money
this has literally never happened to me in real life. People don't tell you what they're making, that would be weird.

because i have an iq above 75

Watch out for women when in the military.

I have smart-but-lazy disease so I couldn't join even if I wanted to. Literally forbidden even though people with ADHD are exceptionally focused under pressure.

>I'm getting paid 50k a year to lift weights, jerk-off and shitpost, with only a highschool diploma and no "connections". I've gotten technical training while being paid, housed, and fed.

you clearly have never been in military service

Well, let's assume that he's made E4 at two years. That's 25k base salary.

>subtotal: 25k

Now let's assume that he's got an AFSC like 1A8x1, which is airborne cryptologic linguist. That comes with aircrew incentive pay (I think that's now listed as enlisted flight pay) and linguist bonuses. The flight pay comes in around $150 a month, which is $1800 annually. The linguist bonuses come in at 300-500 per language and max out at 1k per month with a minimum of two languages required. In tech school you can probably max out one language if you immerse and take the extra classes that are optional but not mandatory in your free time. He can probably rate 3/3 in his main language for 500 and maybe 1/1 or 2/2 in another language, which is anywhere from 250-300 monthly. We're looking at anywhere from 8400 to 9600 annually from language bonuses, with the possibility of capping at 12,000 if he fleshed out his languages.

>subtotal: 35-39k

Now you have to factor in housing. At some bases for an E4 it's about 1k per month, but if he's overseas someplace like Mildenhall/Lakenheath he gets something like 36k annually for BAH and also gets COLA which is a few thousand anually

Incidentally this is tax free.

>subtotal: 47k-80k

Now on to deployments. If he gets deployed then all of his earnings are tax free during the deployment, and he qualifies for monthly bonuses from $100-250 per month. His marginal rate of taxation is wildly reduced as are his expenditures.

I don't even want to offer you a grand total, but the main issue is this: most young guys in the military are testosterone driven and just learning how to adult, and they blow their money on booze and strippers from pretty much the word go.

You've clearly never been in the air force.

I asked for evidence, not a rationalization.

the argument is that OP is full of shit. Do you have any evidence he's not?

Wow, you're a lost fucking soul user.

Jesus man, did your daddy die in iraq or something or are you this autistic?

>I'm not misbehaving, I just have autism :)

>pretend to be a service member
>get asked for evidence
>insult the person asking
>stolenvalor.exe

>I can't follow the flow of information in the conversation
>but I can spout a /k/ meme
>g-gib evidence!
>a-an explanation of income is not e-evidence!

user, you're so deep in a funposting argument on the internet that you know you're probably wrong but your ego is too invested for you to admit it that you fucked up.

Lmao i rather be a NEET than some mindless grunt, fuck the troops bunch of raging faggots imo

>a-an explanation of income is not e-evidence!
it literally isn't.

and it's amazing you think I'm trolling when OP made one post of outrageous claims and then fled like a little bitch.

if I wanted to get paid for getting raped in the asshole I would just hang around LA/SF

I know you are a recruiter

And I explained to you that a guy in for a couple of years making 50k or so isn't that outrageous. Now here you are quibbling over precisely just what was said in order to preserve your sense of rightness on a mongolian yodeling subreddit.

>I explained to you that a guy in for a couple of years making 50k or so isn't that outrageous.
I can tell you how some people make billions of dollars, that isn't evidence OP is a billionaire.

Want to actually fucking make money? do you keep fucking selling at horrible points? are you a shit coin trader on biz?

Well I have the cure to your autism right here

discord.gg/TM8sAPB
We are a part of a greater pump group that is organized into teams. this is the best fucking one. join and get 500000% gains.

pic related is with only 20 percent of our members online.

I think I only keep replying to your because your autism amuses me.

ok OP maybe I'll check it out

they don't let you in the military with autism

op is so cash

Let me redpill this for you civies.
>50k a year
This is assuming you are either married or hit E-5 in x amount of years.
Your base pay is less than 24k a year and you recieve a housing allowance if you meet one of the two criteria mentioned above.
You can assume you are gonna get a decent job but it is a crap shoot and purely luck where you will end up.
>retirement is now retired
They recently phased out retirement. If you join now you will have a 401k ripoff with up to 2% of your base pay matching.

Now for the good shit.
If you have student loan debt you can get loan forgiveness if you get it written in your opening contract. YOU MUST MAKE SURE IT IS INCLUDED BEFORE SIGNING.
When you complete 3 years of the military you are eligible for the gi bill which will pay your entire public college bill and pay you a housing allowance for the zip code of the school. For example university of colorado boulder would pay you 1600 a month while attending classes. You will also get a yearly check for $1000 for books and school supplies.

The va loan. The government will cosign your loan depending on the area you live. The minimum is 100k but the area I live is 250k. This only gets you a lower interest rate and makes it so you dont need to put a down payment.

Federal jobs. If you have a disability rating of at least 10% when you separate then you are one tier higher on federal job applications. If you are over 30% then you are two tiers higher which is the highest level. For reference acid reflux is rated at 20% disability.

>They recently phased out retirement

No they fucking didn't you double nigger.

I did a few year in the air force before getting rolled out on an under honorable conditions discharge for smoking weed.

It's a shit life but if you can suck it up for 4 years the pay off is worth it. I really wish I qualified for a VA home loan.

>ming you are either married or hit E-5 in x amount of years.
>Your base pay is less than 24k a year and you recieve a housing allowance if you meet one of the two criteria mentioned above.
>You can assume you are gonna get a decent job but it is a crap shoot and purely luck where you will end up.
>>retirement is now retired
>They recently phased out retirement. If you join now you will have a 401k ripoff with up to 2% of your base pay matching.
>Now for the good shit.

Join the military and die in a Jew war that only benefits international bankers and a couple politicians/puppets. Cool idea!

Prove that they didnt.
Protip you cant.
militarytimes.com/story/military/benefits/retirement/2016/02/07/new-military-retirement-law-creates-big-decisions-many-troops/79347998/
If you are currently in the military then they have posted the training course online to give your new enlisted during financial counseling.

Why did you copy my post?
There are plenty of desk jockey jobs.
They just arent always cush jobs.

>50k
do you actually think this is a lot? I thought minimum wage was like 50k

Minimum wage is like 15K in most US States.

I made 9.25$/hr when I was 20 and made ~16K after taxes and shit; Although, to be fair, it was at a shit tier factory with no overtime, no bonuses and no paid holidays.

I've made more this year then I did back then and I work for myself doing different sub-contracting, web design and networking stuff and I only work like 22 hours a week (and go to uni full time.)

It's literally easier, less time consuming and more profitable to make money flipping shit on facebook than it is to work a minimum wage job.

>Nobody told this guy about BAS or BAH.

I was making 55k/yr my third year enlisted, no bonus. A ton of that was untaxed too, so I was living like I was pulling 65~ after bennies.

Pension is still around after 2008, it's 2%/yr instead of 2.5%/yr. Literally every source says this. The only retards that think the pension is going away are those who read alarmist headlines and never the actual articles.

Reread dog.
It says 2018 not 2008.
That article is from last year.

Also im literally the financial advisor for my command they have already changed the indoc training for the new retirement plan. There is training online if your command is shit and doesnt put out the information.

To all spegs ITT: If you join now you can still get the old pension. Not that the new one is a bad deal or anything (except it kind of does suck for reserves/natty guard).

That was my typo. Regardless, the new retirement plan (2018+) still has a pension, that's very clear.

Old plan: 2.5 % pension/yr with retirement at 20 years (50 % at 20). You get nothing if you don't make it to 20.

New plan: 2 % pension/yr with retirement at 20 years (40 % at 20), plus 5 % TSP matching. If you don't make it to 20 years you still get the TSP matching.

"The pension is going away" is a myth, but it is getting smaller.

No you retard.
They are phasing it out.
3 tiers of phasing.
Old fags are grandfathered into the old program.
Simiold fags are going to have a choice between grandfathered and a simi retirement where you get less percent overall but you also get the 401k and the new system.
People who join after Jan18 will only get the 401k. Do the fucking training before you spout your bullshit. You probably arent even in the military.

Read your training again, that's literally the opposite of what it says. The blended retirement *is* the 2018+ system.

>Under the new retirement system, military pensions will shrink by 20 percent, but otherwise will function the same as the current system, with the pension earned after 20 years of active-duty service and checks payable immediately upon separation.

Yearly pension accrual is going from 2.5 % to 2 % with the 2018+ plan, a reduction of 40 %. This means 50 % at 20 years instead of 40, for instance.

Look, I'll even go get the link of the official infographic for you, so you can have a pretty picture.

militarypay.defense.gov/Portals/3/Documents/BlendedRetirementDocuments/DoD-BRS AC FINAL 10.1.2016.pdf?ver=2017-01-27-111503-300

Further info here:

militarypay.defense.gov/BlendedRetirement/

Stop spreading this rumor, dumbass. It doesn't stand up to 30 seconds of actual reading.

>Reduction of 40 %.

Reduction of 20 % *to* 40 % at retirement age.*

>38 usd for 24 hour volume
>it only took 20 people to do this
>heres a you
>plz quit shitposting

Damn user, make it sound tempting why dont you. What about their assistance with paying for school like op mentioned? Rumor wise Ive always heard its actually hard to collect these benefits.
With you adding it up I can see savings of 100k+ being obtainable

The GI bill is easy to use, if that's what you mean. Active duty tuition assistance can be a little more difficult to get authorized.

Good Luck in North Korea if you get sent there to die by either a dirty nuke or artillery you toy soldier lol. Fucking pawn of the government basically, if it wern't for tax payer dollars paying 650+ billion for you cucks to operate and have your perks than you wouldnt be singing the same tune.

> if it wern't for tax payer dollars paying 650+ billion for you cucks to operate and have your perks than you wouldnt be singing the same tune.

>If the money and benefits weren't so good you guys wouldn't be talking about how good the money and benefits are!

Congratulations, user, you have discovered the definition of a job.

Confirmed to be an OS or FC or some shit.

t.former OS2

>but I'm a tranny
Air Force
>I don't want the military to ship me away from my girlfriend
They pay you more if you marry her and bring her along
>and I've already registered to go to school in the fall
ROTC

Hi from /k/'s Military Enlistment General.
So here's the lowdown on the benefits you get as a Solider/Sailor/Airman/Marine:

>Base pay
The taxable portion of your income. Tied directly to the number of years you served, and your rank. These tables can be easily found online.

>BAS
Food allowance. Non-taxable, usually around $350/mo

>BAH
Housing allowance. Is tied to mostly region, then goes up a bit with rank. Non taxable.

>Medical
Anything and everything medical/dental/vision is 100% no cost to you.

>GI Bill
36 months of all-expense paid college, best used after you get out of the service. This one of the biggest reasons people enlist.

>30 days of leave
You get 30 days a year of paid vacation. The catch is that generally you have to be on leave if you are going more than ~6 hours away from your base, so you have to use it on weekends if you're far away.

>Tuition assistance
Your specific branch will pay $4500/yr for tuition while you're active.

I, as a 2nd year E-3, get about $1500 twice a month. To achieve that same level of net pay, your job would have to pay you about $50k.
I'm a relatively low rank, and haven't been in very long. An E-7 who has been in for 15 years is getting paid something like $5500 a month, which equates to over $90k in a civilian job.

If you factor in the healthcare and education benefits, that number only goes up.

I'll be up for about 45 more minutes if anyone's got questions.

hi thank you for contribooting
>36 months of college
do they have to be consecutive?
what does it take to qualify for a VA home loan like is talking about? How many home loans can you get?

The 36 months do not have to be consecutive.

And you have to serve 181 days in peacetime, but since I think we're technically at war it's 90 days. Either way, if you do your 4 year contract you'll have full GI BIll and VA benefits.

Same. I'm short like 5 college credits

True story op....but youre still a pog ass boot.

Because I wanted to get cushy job as the popo instead but they require a college degree in my area

I would consider it if I could, but they wouldn't take me because my feet are fucked.
Also
>tfw your country's average annual wage is 9k dollars

OP here, YA GOT ME, FC2

For all you wondering about this MAGIC 50k

E5 base pay 2400
BAH 1700 (tax free)
BAS 400 (tax free)

Monthly 4500

Annually 54k, the only bill to my name is my cellphone, and a mortgage but I already have my first home rented out.

Also with the GI, dont forget you can get upto full E-5 BAH depending on credit hours you are taking.

Also you get a good job and a good re-enlistment bonus in a tax free zone and your looking at a solid 50-75k bonus for like 3-4 years ontop of your already 50k+ annually.

So if you wanna divide that up its very plausible to be making anywhere from 65k-85k and no bills with half if your money being tax free entirely in less than 4 years. WITH NO COLLEGE

He literally did suggest it for people without any drive i.e. most of this board.

I'm not murrican, but if I was I would've done a degree through the military. The benefits you guys give to current and ex-serviceman is incredible.

>mooch
?

you seem to be the bitch that gives it over to the goverment

what about that process would lead you to believe you had the choice?

I have to lie to them even if I want to get in

no thanks! id rather eat a blow of dicks.

no thanks, id rather rot at home than be bullied by army chad