Asymmetrical Slasher Series General /assg/

Whining got us 5 days of double BP edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical multiplayer slasher game where 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them.
deadbydaylight.com
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
A slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one.
f13game.com

>What is Last Year?
In development. Class based with weaker killers. Beta Delayed yet again.
lastyearthegame.com

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (DbD)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/16/1480982338946530500

>Skill Check Simulator (DbD)
mistersyms.com/tools/gitgud/index

I-is that a dead thread?:

>Whining got us 5 days of double BP edition
Boy it sure did, I hope I get a dev in game eventually so I can bully hard

Time to save up those streamers, ima P0 - P3 myers during the event

Whining also got us the dreamlet. Wonder what else will we get that way.

post yfw rank 1-9 games as a killer

>last second 3 of them equip flashlights

>blood ledge
why is this map still in the game?

>trying new builds and shit
>decide to ignore killers that go to pallet town
>get flammed during post chat
Nigga, I don't want to run in circles, what's so difficult to understand?

How do I use the firecracker? It seems like I'm only blinding myself when I throw it in front of the killer.

>exit gates open
>2 alive 1 on the hook
>i'm LF
>they just throw themselves at me and i get a free 4k

are these people addicted to rescue points or what

Throw it in front of him just as he's about to hook someone, or grabbing someone.

They're either calculating on getting the free unhook farm+5k escape, or they're just the kind of person that hates leaving anyone behind, especially if that person helped them out.

I just want to keep playing the game. The 5k is negligible to me at this point. I like the way the game feels chaotic and desperate when you're trying a last minute hook save. If I die, I die.

I always try to unhook people with doors open but just because I want to help them out, so I almost never go full YOLO unless I have BT and the hook is really close to the door. It sucks because a lot of people just do bad saves for the points and escape, and then the poor "saved" guy gets wrecked and hooked again.

What a beautiful Christmas tree.

When the fuck did they port DbD to the Switch?

lol
Yeah I play on a toaster. Sorry for the shitty res.

It's frogs. No one knows what are they capable of.

I'm considering getting F13 but I'm worried of being stuck with people that don't speak English or worse, Russians. How exactly does their lobby system work? Is it possible for me to play with Americans?

Why bother trying to escape when you'll get more points just unhook farming?

You also run the risk of getting permabanned especially now that saves are server-side.

What is SAM?

Sadly that's almost every save, even when the gates are not open and they're basicly just taking generator time away from themselves. I'll never understand the people that rush in for the unhook without BT, you just wasted the time of an almost complete generator for 1350 points.

Would you an Mcote?

I don't find him physically attractive but for some reason I just want to bend him over and make him scream.

No, I don't find anything attractive about MCoté. But I'd an Horvath.

Mcote seems either bi or gay, I bet he wants to fuck him.

>be Doc
>chasing Claudette 2 metres behind her sprinting
>not in a chase according to the game

With the art selection he brings I'm sure Matthieu kisses guys.

>mcote modeled Dwight after himself in hopes he'd get all kinds of lewd fanart

Well he got his wish

i had a killer get mad at me for not looking for him and taking the hatch that was he was apparently giving me. how the hell am i supposed to know you cunts are gifting me a hatch escape? most times you grab me right as i'm trying to escape.

Bait them into hitting you before you jump in. As they're recovering from the hit you have a free escape.

Except that if a killer doesn't want to give it he'll refuse to hit, and that's how a hatch standoff begins.

When I'm giving the hatch I just fucking walk away from it tbqh. There's no need to see them out. Of course there are some fuckers that stick around to tbag on the hatch as if they made the outplay of the year, so I'm usually tabbed out until I hear the match ending.

I have never lost a hatch standoff game by baiting a hit. They ALWAYS fall for it. The longest I've had to run around was ~4 minutes and I'll take that for the extra BP, honestly.

I've spectated players having hatch standoff, it usually just seems like the killer gets bored and hits them. The easiest way to win a hatch standoff is not participating in it.

insidious is super fun to use, wish more people used different perks and builds just to change the peace of the game for once

teach me some insidious builds fampai

Why wouldn't you want to just get the extra 5k though, it's easy.

I'm long over the hardest part of the grind. I'll make more than 5k in those 4 minutes in the next match instead of wasting everyone's time.

stick with american servers even if your based in EU, even EUcucks that can speak english are bad at the game and just generally toxic.

Reminder to ignore shitposters who attack one game or the other.

Jason in dbd when?

You're not gonna make me stop doing hatch standoffs, but nice try.

So you can select a region to matchmake with or is there a server browser or something like that?

Never.

Which is a shame, because I'd love to see a Crystal Lake map.

Steam Achievement Manager

And it doesn't affect the saves, so you can just use it whenever. I know I do, even now, when I get dc'd and depip for example to return that pip

>trying to learn nurse
>rank 4-7 on my low rank games
Fucking swf teams

Saves being client side is one thing but rank? This is completely retarded.

How long have you been doing this? Will I get permabanned if I have a private profile and make myself rank 10? I just want out of these crap ranks and don't have time to nolife climb.

What exactly does Sloppy Butcher do?

Makes bleeding stronger. So intead of separate puddles they leave a streak of blood running.

Oh. I guess it isn't that useful then huh?

No, it's not.

there is only 1 (one) good set up for it and that's
>bloodhound III
>sloppy butcher III
>Nurse's Calling III
>Whispers III

I accidentally discovered this on Wraith recently. It's fun to use while you're in the low ranks to play around, but I know for a fact that it'd get destroyed once you leave rank 16

>Nurse's Calling
But user, Sloppy and Hound are specifically there so you don't lose track of injured survivors. Of course NC is not useless in the build but there's other perks you would get more utility out of.
Also Bloodhound is wasted on Wraith now that he has built-in Bloodhound while cloaked.

I think the only legit use of Sloppy Butcher is on CSI: Nurse, with Bloodhound, because blood is the only tracking clue you can keep track of mid-blink.

Whispers, Shadowborn, Sloppy Butcher, Bloodhound. Barbecue & Chili would be nice of course, maybe instead of Shadowborn now that it doesn't make the vision any clearer anymore and since seeing more in fatigue is not so important when you can just track the blood instead of the player themselves.

>But user, Sloppy and Hound are specifically there so you don't lose track of injured survivors
I put it there because I got Swamp maps twice in a row and I lost them very easily due to the thick grass.
> Bloodhound is wasted on Wraith now that he has built-in Bloodhound while cloaked.
What the fuck, really? I've just always had BH on so I didn't know that.

Well fuck. Guess I should try playing around with that set up on a different killer.

was camping really that much of an issue that the devs created borrowed time?

>I put it there because I got Swamp maps twice in a row and I lost them very easily due to the thick grass.
Yeah I really hate how Bloodhound still doesn't make blood clearly discernible in grass. Tracking blood is not easy without Bloodhound but it's definitely possible, so when a player invests one of the oh so limited killer perk slots into a perk that solely helps with blood tracking, it's absurd that it has that same weakness that you can't track through grass.

>What the fuck, really?
Yup. One of the quality of life improvements Wraith got in the QoL cube that didn't really make him more deadly.
The Wraith cube is kind of a let-down even with his perks. They made of of his own teachables pretty useless on him and didn't address its real weakness (tracking blood in grass), they arguably nerfed Shadowborn and they didn't touch Predator, one of the absolute worst killer perks in the game.

You mean do people just play by standing next to the hook doing nothing? Yes. But they're usually the new players.

Hiding survivors sure sounds nice compared to brightly colored Dwights clicking their flashlights.

It doesn't even really solve camping unless the gates are open. Otherwise the killer can just smack the one unhooked and chase them down until they fall before putting them right back on the hook. All it does is reward survivors who stupidly rush the hook and make it so killers have no real means of defending a hook after the gates are open, giving the survivors a free save.

>Can't see shit through mist
>Suvivors ass sniff and self crutch back to full health
>Cuck all every hook with Borrowed memes
>Eat my NOED because killers can't have anything nice
What a fun and balanced game

>do basement save from a Wraith and everyone stays around picking up people and taking hits for the saved person
>Wraith ragequits
>another game Wraith camps basement for first kill than downs a Jake
>refuses to pick him up because of DS
>heal up Jake, head for gate
>he downs him in the gate
>he still has DS
>ragequits

Being Filip is suffering!

Only LF can handle the first situation and no killer can handle the second. But if you're playing Wraith then you can disconnect as you please because of a victim complex.

Predator shouldn't make scatch marks last longer, instead it should colour code scratch marks more clearly.
Older scratch marks are a dull blue, while new scratch marks are bright red.

Yeah, I mean I certainly see a lot of shitty escapes from other killers but I haven't seen any killer actually ragequit a game in a while, only on Wraith.

They could be super lazy and just re-skin the trapper to if they wanted to add him.

Which part would be the best fit?

Because killers are real niggas, they are used to have dirty game.
Survivors? nope, they will just leave as soon as something goes wrong.

Once some kind of contract breaks with Illfonic and whoever owns Jason can spread him around like a whore again.

It's not like slashers are prime material that they keep locked away. DBD already has the 3 other big names. Jason will come next I predict.

Camping is still an "issue." Smart campers can easily win games off of any single hook without much effort, and a competent hard camper can still deny the unhook pretty much completely by grabbing the unhooker.
More gameplay around hook should be possible, being able to cancel out the unhook animation at any point for example so you don't get stuck in the animation where a killer can grab you.

I also think they should just remove BT and implement an innate protection for the unhooked survivor for 10 seconds or so. The worst thing about camping is that the killer can down the unhooked survivor instantly without a chance for that survivor to do anything. A baseline protection would make it possible for them to get a somewhat fair chase and thus a chance for gameplay to happen.

In general I think a lot more should be done to discourage camping hooked survivors and tunnelling unhooked survivors, and the killers should be buffed in aspects of the chase instead.
A soft incentive would be to make it so you only get BBQ stacks if you hook one survivor after the other, but there should be hard gameplay incentives imo. Camping and tunnelling are optimal strategy to kill but they're also the least fun and least skilled ways to play. The killer just stands there and grabs them or proxies to lure survivors in and catch them out of position where they are easy kills. The rescuers can only try to bait a hit, if the killer doesn't give that to them and knows not to fall for an early grab bait, there's nothing they can do but run away. The survivor on the hook has no gameplay opportunity whatsoever.

>10 seconds of innate protection
Thanks for the free escape once the exit gates are powered

>The survivor on the hook has no gameplay opportunity whatsoever.
They're probably running all 4 meta perks to prevent them from being there. If they fucked up, they deserve to be there instead of their butt buddy getting them out of jail for free because of a cancer perk.

Killer can carry a survivor about 60 meters away from the gate (and that is without Agitation/IG), survivor can only run 40 meters in 10 seconds.

But that protection could also be removed once all gens are done.
It's only an idea anyway, there are probably better ideas to make camping and tunnelling non-optimal and buff killer time management in other aspects instead (ideally chase potential, but more efficient map traversing could be another thing).

>Body blocking because lol the rescuer gets it too lol
Survivor mains

Should I buy sprint burst or wait until the next shrine? I mostly play killer and only have doc and bubba's teachables, and no survivor's teachables.

>innate protection for 10 seconds
>runs out of basement for free
ezez

It would just be a generic forest with a cabin in it, not much different from Red Forest.

I'm not talking about BT but a 10 second innate protection for an unhooked survivor.
BT would be removed. BT is 15 seconds protection, so 5 seconds more, and another 25 if you hit them at any point (plus you are slowed down and they get a speed burst).

I'm a killer main and I think camping is completely undesirable. The game is not balanced for chasing, catching and hooking 4 survivors 3 times each right now, let alone alternating targets after every hook so that you have to get 9 hooks before you sacrifice your first survivor, so camping and tunnelling are necessary right now to consistently kill, but I would prefer a DBD where camping and tunnelling are basically impossible and the killers have a lot more chase strength instead, for which I have various ideas both for new mechanics and improving the existing ones, as well as the respective killer abilities.

Well in the current form you could ez bodyblock basement for 10 seconds, but basement bodyblocking is another thing I'd want removed.
Basement would still be favourable for the killer because the unhooked survivor spends half of his protection window just getting out of there.

>Don't see killer after all gens are done
>David goes down in shack
>Run over there and have a state down with a trapper that's Insidious until he hooks the David
>Leave and ask what he was going
>"I'm the motherfucking basement security."
I wish I could have fun like that, but I know most survivors would just be like "lol ez" without getting the joke.

Sprint Burst is the strongest survivor perk imo, so if you aren't planning to level Meg, go for it. But you should level Meg. She has god tier SB, great tier Adrenaline and viable tier Quick & Quiet. Also Meg's Meg.

But if you aren't planning on playing much survivor anyway any time soon, I would recommend just concentrating on getting all killer teachables first, so wait for the next shrine if you don't cap out shards before then.
(Playing survivor makes you a better killer btw)

>Smart campers can easily win games off of any single hook without much effort
There is no such thing as smart camping there are only dumb survivors. I guess what you describe as smart camping would be a killer that goes away just far enough to make people attempt a rescue but stays close enough to be able to hunt down the unhooked survivor or even the rescuer. There is literally nothing wrong with this. This strategy is completely worthless if the remaining survivors would just finish up the gens and leave.

I'm well aware that being camped and tunneled sucks for the survivor that's caught early but it's in his hands to not get caught quickly. Besides he can just leave game and go right to the next. I've noticed there seems to be this attitude that every single one of the survivors deserves to get at least a safety pip. If the killer is not killing people as efficiently as possible and giving people extra chances to get points he's really just a human BP dispenser. Not a real opponent.

SB is definitely worth it if you don't want to play Meg.

I think we will see Jason in DBD relatively soon. Illfonic nor anyone else has an exclusive license for Jason. Sean Cunningham approached Illfonic with the license for free, because Illfonic is incapable of even renting the licence, it's quite unlikely it's exclusive and there is literally no mention of them having an exclusive licence in any way. On the off-chance it was exclusive, it would depend on the exclusivity agreement. That's not taking in to consideration reboot Jason and FvJason, which is owned by different studios.

Well in a multiplayer game, one player's smart play is always another player's "dumb" play, but yes indeed it is luring the smarter survivors in by knowing how to time and pace your camps. Against most survivors you can just hard camp though, they will come, waste their time and probably even die anyway. Even when facecamping made saves 100% impossible a lot of them spent their precious time sitting and dacing around the hook, so yeah.
But even if it doesn't outright win you the game with a given hook, you get so much time and pressure and easy hits/downs on other survivors out of it against most of any lobby of players. And it doesn't require a lot of skill.

Like I said right now camping and tunnelling hooks is basically required to win if the survivors are actually good because you sure as hell won't win 12 fair chases against those players in the time it takes them to finish 5 gens.
I don't usually camp/tunnel because I don't like relying on unskilled ways to win and enjoy chasing the most where I can actually outskill survivors, but if rank 1 survivors were actually good on average and gave me lobbies of 4 good players consistently, I would probably be less satisfied with my way to play killer (hook it and book it, so no slugging, no staying at or returning to the hook, going out of my way not to tunnel) because I would get between 1 and 2 kills on average and not even be able to hold my rank.

Does anyone even care? They did a pretty good job implementing Michael all things considered, and Leatherface naturally worked with the meathooks, but Jason will probably be as poorly implemented as Freddy and won't at all capture the nature of the character.

>play insidious bubba
>as soon as the game starts make a beeline to the basement and hide there
>two gens pop
>bill comes down to loot the chest and I saw his ass
>bill dies on the hook
>continue to camp in the basement
>the rest of the gens pop, the exits are lit
>nobody leaves
>eventually all three of them creep down to the basement and I saw two of them and hook them
>the last guy, a bill, comes down and unhooks
>i stay motionless until the unhook is complete
>bill teabags me
>chainsaw his ass and put him on a hook
>the last one finally escapes
talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

>Does anyone even care?
Of course, why do you think Jason got his own game? Immense brand name. This will apply to Jason in DBD as well.
>Jason will probably be as poorly implemented as Freddy
Freddy was implemented fine and captured the characters theme, what you're talking about is the week 1 nerf, which is about game balance. Freddy sold a lot, people don't buy killers to dominate, they play them for fun and in the case of licensed killers, brand appeal.
>won't at all capture the nature of the character.
If you're talking the killy/hooks part, that's part of the game and we have mori's to cover that, but they have otherwise captured the nature of the characters so far.

I actually liked the user's idea of a massive, massive terror radius that causes more fuckups. It would fit with the lore of everyone being afraid of him and trapped. I imagine some kind of teleportation system too. He has a lot of potential, and they did an amazing job with Myers and LF in my opinion. I hope to see him soon.

In my case I'm a rank 10 killer without BBQ and if I do not guard my first hook I'm just throwing the game. By the time I down my first survivor and hook them 3 gens will pop. At that point everything is on the table for the survivors. They could split up and get 2 more gens done AND go for a rescue. Or they could rush the two gens and try a rescue while risking NOED. Luckily most of the time they pick option 3 instead and at least 2 will keep trying to go for the rescue and fail or better yet get themselves downed in the attempt. I've tried using hexes to slow down the game and give me more of a chance to hunt but that almost never works out.

A massive terror radius, slow movement speed, and the ability to break pallets as he moves through them without slowing him down at all. Just this irresistible, implacable force that you have to constantly be conscious of.

Freddy was not a ghost who walked around pulling people into his world (which is just like the real one but with a filter on it) while they were busy doing stuff so he could chase them around and put them on hooks.

>when you've been hooked by the Hag and see someone sprinting at you to pull you down

That would be cool because it's entirely different. Imagine constantly hearing the heartbeat except in the very corners of the map and having no idea where he is. People would use Spine Chill more.

Honestly just suicide. Teach them a lesson.

What do you think they'd call him in the game? "The Crystal Lake Killer" is too long. The Undead or something, maybe?

I'm pretty sure most people don't make the connection. I mean, I've had times where I crouch walked fourteen miles to unhook someone, started crouch walking away, and they immediately start sprinting and trigger thirteen thousand traps.

>except for the part where Freddy was invisible and could pull people into the dream world.
This can be leveled at every killer, because this game isn't a 1 to 1 slasher conversion. This Freddy works for the Entity and fits with the games mechanics.

Whay kind of perks would Jason have?

I want one called Mother's Love, or something sappy related to Pamela.

I think "The Slasher" would be apt

The Tattle-tale Strangleler

I suggested it in one of the last threads but maybe the survivor that came with that Jason could have a perk that makes the heartbeat directional within a certain range.