/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General - When this Thread Ends it'll be CHRISTMAS!

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 24th of December:
1777 – Kiritimati, also called Christmas Island, is discovered by James Cook.
1818 – The first performance of "Silent Night" takes place in the church of St. Nikolaus in Oberndorf, Austria.
1826 – The Eggnog Riot at the United States Military Academy begins that night, wrapping up the following morning.
1914 – World War I: The "Christmas truce" begins.
1939 – World War II: Pope Pius XII makes a Christmas Eve appeal for peace.

# Waggle Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

# Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
DH DD 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058632/
DH 1.05 Patch 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058633/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>[V2] - Niggermod
pastebin.com/Xgjd5LvG

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.2
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>[V2] - Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>[V2] - Cold War Enhancement Mod
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE

>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/t5dpol
youtube.com/watch?v=ljxNqZGjXHo
youtube.com/watch?v=_kpIuL8_4Ws
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yeehaw

>Carlist spain has ruling party only. If I change my political party to liberal, I get 100% liberal upperhouse for a short while, then an event pops up (preventing people from exploiting this) that passes the appointed upperhouse reform. Still even if I don't get 100% liberal it's enough to pass reforms. I will only pass non-voting reforms, I'll stay an absolute monarchy for as long as I can, because when you puppet latin american countries, they only become monarchy if you're an ABSOLUTE monarchy. So I need to stay absolute monarchy until like 1880, I'll just pass as many small reforms as I can to keep militancy down.
Can you pass social reforms with high militancy? Sounds very OP.

Reminder that Huey Long did nothing wrong

sometimes. I just passed basic schools

How will you deal with the Brazillian problem?

Checking in, I've made a lot of progress today. I isolated the conversion problem, and in the meantime I did my first played test of the mod. For the most part I really love the values I set, and I think the only thing I need to significantly tweak is AI ambition, because skilled AI are too aggressive by far right now, to put it mildly. That shouldn't take more than an hour, and once that's done I'll be ready for the first proper long-term test with values that I think are stable.

Lewdmod, that means I need the rape mod now if it's coming at all, by absolutely no later than Tuesday night if it's going to make it in.

What's your opinion on letting people annex capital states? It's a bitch having to wait for the Ottomans to move theirs, or not being able to annex Amsterdam because the Dutch made the antilles a states, so you have to annex that first.

poal.me/t5dpol

it's time

unfortunately, despite paying full fucking maintenance on all my ships, they seem to be lacking vital goods and they're dying. I thought maybe I was over my naval limit so I deleted some ships. that was a mistake because now I have less ships and the ones I do have are still dying. this war will be harder than I thought.

the power of reactionary carlism will destroy the US forever right now though. I'm going to do the ol "occupy the enemy for 10 years" meme like the other guy suggested.

THE ANGLO WORLD WILL PERISH
DOWN WITH AMERICA

Keep us posted and no pasaran

Nobody tell the EU4 babby we have a new thread.

oh my god what the fuck
they wiped out my entire navy, literally all of it.

the battle didn't even fucking show up, I guess I didn't lose any warscore but they destroyed 24 ships and lost nothing.
I hate when this game goes badly
im going to fight this fucking war the best I can though

goddamn in FUCKING 1900 spain was seen as a legitimate threat and many were actually surprised when the US won. I should be more powerful early game. hpm please fix.

>reee i play on speed 5 during a war and wasn't paying attention and now my entire navy is gone
>this is the games fault

>goddamn in FUCKING 1900 spain was seen as a legitimate threat and many were actually surprised when the US won.
What sort of South American education did you get?

They probably had better ships. A handful of commerce raiders can beat a load of wooden memes easily.

the defense game works sort of well
my new clippers need to get built asap though

actually maybe I'll fight the rest of this war tomorrow when I can focus better

Oh my fucking gof dude your SOOOOO fucking shit at this game
>>>>>>>im defending so im winning lol aint i a master of strategy
Fucking KYS right fucking now oh my fucking GOD

are you drunk

im not winning at all actually and i dont think i am

ruins your genre

I was parodying this guy for being a fault finding nigger and chasing away content creators because they want to get their edy unfunny meme in.

all me

See:

woa

tliquor

>And anyway, why the fuck would Boers settle zimbabwe and name it after some anglo? It makes zero sense.
How abiut calling it Pretoria? I know there's already a province called that, but it's not much different to Washington D.C and Washington.
You could call it Pretoriusburg though, if you don't want it to be the same. Pretoria sounds better though.
The event references it being Jacobus Herculaas de la Rey who raises the flag, so it could be Jacoburg, Reydesia, Herculaasia, whatevee you want.

I'm thinking about revising the accepted cultures of Persia for my next playthrough. I want to remove Azerbaijani and add Tajik. What would be the potential impacts of this? Is it a good idea?

I've no idea why Persia accepts Azerbaijanis to begin with. As I understand it they were never on good terms.

it would be stupid because the qajar dynasty is azeri. make it so if the monarchy doesn't exist, AND nationalism&imperialism is invented, you lose azeri and gain pashtun and tajik. if you're a constitutional monarchy, make it so if you have fascists in power that happens. sumka was very anti azeri. I'm not sure how they felt about hazaras, who are persian-speaking but they look pretty asian

you dont understand it

Anyway to activate pirated DLC ontop of a legal Steam copy on linux?

reminder that 78% of posters here don't read aarnons posts

>index.php
why

damn /gsg/ you ever heard albanian rap its pretty good

youtube.com/watch?v=ljxNqZGjXHo
(vdeksh ti means kill yourself I think)

this is just as good as it is bad
it's a solid and exact 5/10

youtube.com/watch?v=_kpIuL8_4Ws

we NEED the ottoman empire to come back
imagine, I mean the royal house still exists. erdogan or someone could just kidnap their kids and have them educated from a young age to be ultranationalist monarchist ottomanist, and then they could take over the government when they come of age and re-instate the monarchy. turkey would then conquer all of the middle east.

>ultranationalist monarchist ottomanist
you dont know much about anything do you

nationalist for the ottoman people, a new nationality

This would be the day I decided to delete my Hitler looking dismissively.jpg

>This would be the day I decided to delete my Hitler looking dismissively.jpg

Going to a Sikh > India run lads, wish me luck

This is my current territory, the maharajah is dead and the brits didnt declare war so I am off to a good start

why Pashtuns? they aren't Persian speaking.

What happened to the other guy?

must've gotten sikh of it

they literally are

no, you fucking idiot. they speak Pashto, which is an Iranian language but not the same as Farsi.

Concert of Europe is weird as fuck

>non PDM based
Potential. What's up with that massive Poland? Is it an alt history mod or just really fucked up?

Thinking of doing a /gsg/ marathon to celebrate Christmas
Objectives:
>CK2
Form Germany

>EU4
Form Germany, ensure all rightful german lands have germanic culture

>Vic2
Form Germany, genocide all undesirables (from the colonies as well)

>HOI4
Blob the world as Germany

Sounds pretty damn casual to me. Is this as a mega or just 4 different blobs?

Based

look shithead, what language do they speak in AFGHANISTAN? the answer is DARI. dari is mutually intelligible with farsi, aka they're like dialects of each other but the same essential language. the culture vic2 uses to represent the people of afghanistan is pashtun.

not alt-his, starts from 1815. Congress Poland was a russian subset but became big overnight. Greece came outta nowhere. Anyway it's just vanilla with some changes, look at these italian states. Liguria has like 200k people in it and 2 provinces lmao

Wrong again you fucking retard. Dari speaking people are represented by the Hazara culture. Pashtun are Pashto speaking people.

thats wrong

Does it add techs?

>u rong

nevermind

im wrong

don't know what its from, but here's the template

no you simply start with less techs

Does EIC mod work with the new HPM?
this looks like a "fun" run if you know what I mean

I guess I'm going to try out redditmod

this decision sounds pretty fucking based but I can't tell what it actually does. also I don't know if I want colonial railroading or not what do you think gsg

I like how they use the pejorative "railroading" as opposed to calling it historical accuracy. The mere concept alone of people not wanting arbitrary, ill defined and poorly justified colonial meme states offending them.

But it's the right term to use in this case because it's not a rule of history that colonies would go the way the did with 100% certainty especially Egypt could have gone to a number of countries with France being almost as likely to get it as the UK

They should just do it as HPM does, with a few states being fairly predisposed to taking things they took historically, but still with the ability to change.

Fucking Finally

Jesus siege attrition in M&T is beyond broken. Doesn't make sense that I always loose 5x more men to attrition than to actual battles.

>playing before 1066
>chink memes
>matrilineal marriage on

I think this is just spain fetish mod
thats good for me though I guess.
actually spain seems weaker in a lot of ways, it's way harder to make a profit for some reason. my education spending is really low right now.

Did you abandon your proper campaign in favour of this meme mod?
Is it because you got rekt?

yes
yes

someone posted a screenshot of this mod and I thought the german provinces looked cool even if sort of stupid since the german confederation doesn't exist for very long anyway and aiming for historical provinces in there is pointless. anyway the point is it's a change from regular old hpm. I didn't know it had all this fucking spain flavor it's sort of cool actually

Redditmod is essentially everyone wank. France can reclaim half of North America (all of Canada and all the territory they ever owned in Louisiana) for something like 20 infamy.

what a fucking meme mod holy shit

no cores for Italy :((

Sad! Many such cases!

wew

fucking hell
Can you annex Mexico, Argentina, and Colombia too?

Give me a country and some foals for EU4 because I'm a pleb

that killed my army

I don't know, I'm not going to try. There's a bunch of decisions for puppeting them though.

Fucking give me it or I'm taking Finland and making Norway hueg
jesus fuck the AI in this game

Start as aztecs, colonise Africa then move there when you'll get your shit pushed in by the European powers

what a comfy game
pro tip for a comfy game is downloading the winter king and using its sounds for all those bells and tingles instead of ck2 retarded notification sounds

Just pick an achievement and then strategise how you are going to do it. It has to be one that less than 3% of the playerbase has.

this shit again

does it replace that little ditty that comes up with every event? If I play CK2 for longer than 3 hours I dream of that noise.

yep, instead you have comfy quiet bells and tingles

very say day, landowner of many castles and towns in south germany was found dead this morning. his son will take over the legacy

nah mate bad call

you eunuch shit killed my mother

well die then

>la creatura

never finished my milan-italy game because of that atrociously revolting flag

oh FUCK

A bit early, but acceptable.

JUST

BLEACHED
4 pieces to go