Can anyone give me guidance on where to read up and learn on the history of Korea and South Korea...

Can anyone give me guidance on where to read up and learn on the history of Korea and South Korea? I plan on spending some time there in the future and would like to be less ignorant about the countries history. Any books, links etc would be gnarly.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3ieaDfD_h6s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not much happens.

Dae-Sook Suh's stuff on Korean history and the UNESCO Anthology of Korean Studies would be good places to begin. The anthology is a UN publication, so it's a bit filtered. Like all history and sociology books, take it with a grain of salt.

They're like Poland around WW1 except throughout the entirety of their history; irrelevant cucks for their neighbors to exploit

죽으세요

More like West and East Germany.

We're not talking about their contemporary state

Pretty much true up until now

Korean history in a nutshell
>stacking rocks
>mongols happen
>book is printed
>more stacking rocks
>japan invades thrice
>rocks are stacked
>anschluss'd
>korean war
>kpop

Finno-Korean hyperborean conflict

I have the 3 volumes of "A Review of Korean History". Found them in a museum in Seoul.

They have weird Afrocentric tier theories about themselves, like that all of Chinese philosophy is originally Korean and all that shit... And that the symbols in their flag all originate from them and not from China...

They basically spent their whole history beig the bitch of whoever was the most powerful asian country, until the Korean War, where they became America's bitch. Their culture is basically just a shitty amalgam of Chinese, Japanese, and burger.

You can start with killing yourself for being a filthy gookboo

not an expert though

ngl im abit of koreaboo. i just watched tons of vids and read tons of websites on things such as Yi sun shin, joseon period and the korean war.

also korea has the best movies in asia

here is a vid series on admiral Yi

youtube.com/watch?v=3ieaDfD_h6s

anyone else here get an urge to take that sexy little chink to bed, with her stupid flag stickers still on?

t.tremendous intellectual

In fact, Korean history was written only in Japan.
When North nomad like Tang, Goryeo, Mongolia, Qing conquered Korea, true Korean history was burned.
But some escaped to Japan and they wrote truth.

DO NOT listen to this retard. DO NOT. He is a literal /tv/ memeLiterally. Like, what he just post is a joke - but this isn't /v/, so how can it be a joke HERE? Simply, he is the living incarnate of the joke.

Don't get me wrong they make fine movies, but everything about that post even the image is a meme.

I didn't know you guys actually existed, memes i the flesh. What a rare specimen you are. I will repost this later on /tv/.

Dont learn the language, they prefer you to be the foreigner, and desire an english lesson more than you speaking their own language.

Also just go visit, and prepare to smash more korean vagine than you could ever possibly dream of. Just have round eyes.

>and desire an english lesson more than you speaking their own language.

Is it wrong to think of this as hypocritical as fuck and racist to boot?

eh, it's anecdotal
who cares, yeah it is assumptious and stereotyping.
Racist? Nah.