/rgt/ Robinhood general thread

-- Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
"People" invest your settled funds when you're not using them, just like banks.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Stickerbitch's calendar of memes and dreams:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Shitposting chatrooms:
discord.gg/5k3sVzC
telegram.me/robinhoodgeneral

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Old thread >

Other urls found in this thread:

finance.yahoo.com/quote/AMZN/holders?p=AMZN
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

CERU my nigga

CVM my dude

GNE

Been on a solid run and (((they))) are in charge.

Any recommendations on stocks likely to spike near the opening bell? I'm sick of losing slowly, I want to make one day trade on a sure-bet or as close to it as possible. I'm fine with 5% but I want 10%-20%.

SHIP

DRYS might surprise you.

Well SHIP maybe not at opening bell but this stock has a habit of periodic pump and dumps sometimes making my investment go up 300%
But its a small cap stock that whales manipulate. I just ride the waves
SHIP TO THE MOON!

AMRS

How do i change my name AMRS shill 2.0?

Thx for the suggestions, I'll check them out. I'm also watching AKTX, ATRS, WYNN, NAK, and VRX.

OCLR

3 month chart shows a bounce whenever it reaches the $8 area.

Thank you to the user in the last thread who mentioned MTBC

its ponzi schemes all the way down

PIP just anounced merger with Altimmune, watch tomorrow for sure, ALT is the new stock set to trade starting may 5

Got any reason to think it will keep moving up

They look like a solid option being in a slight dip and they have an earnings report right around the corner which should be promising following their current trend.

After a very bad start to the year, SJW had a great month.

So a company goes public, and sells shares, and receives money.

Ok, now it has that money. Why does it give a damn what its stock is worth after that point? Its all interactions between third partys buying and selling from then on. Yes, if someone has a huge number of shares they could probably tell the company what to do or something, i get that, but thats the same regardless of how much their stock is worth.

I dont see the incentive to give a damn at that point

The company insiders often own shares themselves.

This.

Take Amazon for example:

finance.yahoo.com/quote/AMZN/holders?p=AMZN

I don't think Jeff would be pleased if the stock value tanked.

but that only seems meaningful if he intends to sell it one day

Dude just announced he is gonna sell off a billion a year to fund his space program, Blue Origin.

Conquered earth, time to use the money to control space.

Is there like a minimum amount of money you have to deposit to be able to use the account?

Gonna watch DRYS for the upswing. Holding off buying till then.

Looks nice and the company is not shit.

Do you think this 8 dollar line will hold up against the news from yesterday?

I dont know, but i just put in $20 and have been buying memes for a month :^)

Shit, Trump just made a pro-NAFTA tweet. Market is going to the moon today!

How much have you made?

MSTX --- Merging with savra today. Get it before it goes through the roof.
CVM -- Fda is lifiting the hold soon. will pick up
RNN -- correction and r/s coming
AMRS -- Still in it @ 49 . IF no temasek will rise to .70 again.

>X
>OPTT

I'm fucking ruined

"Daddy, Daddy! You can't just take away all that cheap Mexican labour. Jared told me so"

Fucking Ivanka.

Art of the Deal
sound as extreme as possible to get people to the negotiating table and then you can both work out a better agreement.
That coincides with his words against Canada's milk industry and trying to get US to use it's own lumber.

crude down over 2% and yet markets look steady. ...right

Ive gained experience and have not lost any money :^)

CX today reported a tenfold increase in net income during earnings.

Trump pro NAFTA shit might help it today also.

What's the meme for today?

Fiber optics is becoming overcrowded, time to move onto the next one

I'm watching CDXC, MDGS, and NVLS at open.

What happened to scanner Veeky Forums bro?

Still plenty of room to make a profit no?

UCTT looks good too

More competition means decreased earnings, which is always viewed as bad.

I usually daytrade under $10 and above $3

Any one know why OPTT is tanking? Seems oversold

RNVA

One share per day? what does it matter if the price is higher or lower you can adjust the number of shares..

SNMX earnings today im ready for whatever happens.

Never mind....

Where's GNMX faggot? I want off this shit

>tfw no money left to load up this MSTX dip

here...hoping to go neutral on it but i've got a ways

AKTX MTBC AKTB RNVA

Motherfucker I got burned really bad by this NAFTA flip flop. I was all in on JNUG...

Please help me make back 15% on a single day trade
I'M GONNA BE FUCKING HOMELESS IF I DON'T MAKE 15% BACK

PLEASE HELP ME /RGT/

No shit. But just because he cashes out, doesn't mean someone else doesn't see an opportunity to buy and continue growing the company (e.g. increasing its value). Stocks aren't a zero-sum game.

Me too. Need it to hit $1.79

What a terrible stock

Put the rest in DRYS!!! THEYRE ABOUT TO EXPLODE.

S S W
S
W

EARNINGS BEAT, ER BEAT ANALYSTS EXPECTATIONS. WE MOON MISSION NOW!

i hope this post is a joke.

in @1.81
stocktwits thought it could easily go up 50% when it dipped to 1.70 and then we obviously saw where it went.
thankful that i don't spend too much on memes

Seven fucking percent isn't a moon mission

How do I stop myself from being too greedy?

going on stocktwits and listening to what the morons on there have to say. why

We're on the launch pad, retard. Its gonna run alllllllll day.

150 shares reporting in. Let's see those gains.

Akarin /rgt/~

The stocks in my range tend to move more and more size gives more profit for less movement. Also more risk

the same reason i come here. people's opinions are appreciated but seldom end up golden.

And no I'm usually around 1k shares per trade

Weve cleared 7.30!

alright im in

Should I be aiming for 10% gains and getting out? How do you guys decide on your sell price? I don't care to hold long but I can't understand how any of you trust stocks at all.

Several reasons

The company can issue more shares in the future

The company can use the value the market places on its shares to borrow money

Insiders may continue to hold a large number of shares to retain control

It can be used as a measure of performance

But...
alot of management wouldn't give a fuck based about the stock price based on their incentives. That's why a board of directors is present to supposedly represent the shareholders. This board is set up in the charter when the company goes public. It's pretty standard, might be a legal requirement too. If they didn't have a board, the stock would theoretically be worth less.

I just started last year but I put a stop loss when I get to around 10%, depends on the situation though.

Tapping 7.40!

...CLEARED IT!

I try to get $100 gains in a trade. Sometimes I crush it sometimes I get crushed.

GNMX is the later, so stay away from that poison

Nice trips. Cute gif. I also browse stocktwits but don't ever take anything said there as gospel

in at 7.26, lets see where this ride will take me.

CCCR IS TODAYS MEME. GET THE FOOK IN!!

Were going to the moon!!

Made my moves, going to bed now.
Goodnight, you lovable faggots

I got in GNMX at $1.32. Already up $100 on that.

REEEEEEEEEEE why are so many investors so emotional and un logical.

Well the most important thing is growth which requires more capital. Most common source for the capital is through borrowing.

This borrowing can take many forms. It can be a loan a bank or an institution. Usually "underwritten" or middle manned by an investment bank. In exchange for this financial service the investment bank gets to collect a fee or a commission. This is how investment banks make their money. For multi billion dollar deals even a 1-2% fee is nice change but of course they charge more than that and some in service charges that are not a percentage of the deal being underwritten.

Another way to raise capital is by offering shares to private or public investors. The investors stake their money and in exchange they get a certificate saying "I owe you," which is the stock. Now the stocks can fluctuate in value based on the performance of the company and the investors can sell it to others or back to the company. With the increased capital the company can now grow their business to increase their profits. With the borrowed money they can hire more employees, offer more services, build better products, focus on research, or build new facilities. From their quarterly profits the company then will pay their investors, this is called a dividend which is different than the price of the stock. Some investors prefer to convert their dividends into stocks instead of taking a cash payment further increasing the value of money invested in a single company.

So yes the company and owners care a lot about their stock prices because it represents a quantified representation of how much they are worth, which affects their business and profits.

>RGSE

Why did they go from 300 a share a year back to 1 buck

WE'RE PUSHING THROUGH!

i don't browse sites like investorshub or stocktwits anymore because it's all noise. You can also spend too much time reading what people say instead of trading. Good traders take emotions and people who are trying to psychologically fuck them out of the equation.

LETS GOOOOOO

Can anyone tell me why SLCA won't rise?

They had a good earnings call but the traders just seem to want and follow the pattern.

Honestly, I have no clue where the peak or heavy resistance is. All I know is im a long term holder of SSW. It has a nice dividend, it has nice potential as a company, its currently been in a rut for the last 2 years. 9 or 10 years ago, a share was worth over $100. As little as 3 years ago, a share was worth $24. If you get burned (It happens all the time) You can hold for long term gains. Good luck out there!

this aint my first rodeo cowboy, thank you for the warning tho. You know what they say, buy the meme sell the rumor, or something like that

But the sad part is that it doesn't matter how logical it is to be in a stock if those fuckers even the news psycho fuck people it will dip either way, regardless of how logical a buy it is.

Fuck these kids who can't even be bothered to look at fundamentals. From now on i'm buying and selling emotion.

Reverse splits.

They are now very cheap and are starting to trend upwards.

CC is in two weeks and many are expecting pisitive news.

good job
trading feels like listening to 1000 reee's in the night while you see one guy with a shit-eating grin strutting around knowing he just bought the mother of all dips.

AMRS SHILL TIME MY NIGGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

>AMRS
What do you think will happen with the lawsuit?

I assumed it was a split I just didn't care to look into it that much, time to do some more research on it because it looks interesting

pic related

AMBULANCE CHASING SHITORNEY'S WITH NO CHANCE OF MAKING MONEY. NO CHANCE, THEY MIGHT PUSH SOME SHIT, BUT IN THE END THE FACT THAT THEY GOT INTO A SWEETNER DEAL WITH BLUE CALIFORNIA IS GOING TO BE WORTH SO MUCH MORE THAN THE 10M THEY HAD TO LEAVE OUT FROM THE LAST EARNING. EXPECT NEXT EARNINGS TO BE HUGE AND TO MAKE PROFIT BY YEAR END.

>AMD
13.70 we meet again

dont do it
that guy is shilling
RGSE is garbage, same with CVM
If you see anyone shill either of those stocks you know they can be ignored

Yo should I get into MTBC to hold through tomorrow?

Anyone on that rocket? I'd hate to buy at the peak.

Seems likely we will get back up to 14 before earnings. Question is, do we sell then or wait to see what ER does for the SP?

Intel earnings today, so if they do good Semi should go up tomorrow.
If they do bad good for AMD?