/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Merry Christmas Edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP
↳PS4 beta is LIVE until Dec 26 12:00 PM EST, does not require PS+
↳Third Fleet Trailer 12/8: youtube.com/watch?v=8RIaU9kpA8Q
↳Paris Trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lKPo0T11QNo
youtube.com/watch?v=35_wq9aVPLM
youtube.com/watch?v=2afMME573pM
youtu.be/WCYjy-RLmLQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>there are people that are going to pay an additional $90 for a small statue and an artbook
I am mad we aren't getting that MH World edition of the PS4 Pro though

Handler

It's just a red PS4 pro with a shitty laser etching on it.

In MHF, where do I go after Poison Battleaxe? Everything good seems locked behind high rank and huge material sinks like Corona, and I'm only in village 5. What do?

>there are people with perfectly fine PCs buying a PS4 for monster hunter world

>no release date
>people put up with the 3DS
>exclusive content
Makes sense.

>waiting an entire year
no thanks

Yes that's me, and that's a problem because?

funny thing is, the PC delay is on Capcom's part and not due to sony cuz its releasing on Xbox sameday. I guess its obvious considering the MonHun team has never made a port for PC. That's why I'm worried that the port won't be a very good one either.

Take back your console war shit to /v/ please

>there are people wasting actual physical toys and nerd books which add nothing to the game, instead of saving that money to buy eventual p2w dlc that will enhance your gameplay experience

I, for one, cannot wait for lootboxes. Probably the only reason they did that new yian kutku monster, you know he will be carrying loot boxes in his arms in an event quest, and you'll have to knock it out of his hands and grab it.

I'm only calling it a waste of money

>Buying things that you want/like
>Ever being a waste

If you want it, you get it. It's only a waste if you get nothing out of it.

Imma buy both ps4 and pc just to spite you.

>being baited into wasting money

> you know he will be carrying loot boxes in his arms in an event quest
Y'know that actually wouldnt be a bad idea for a quest, a super fast Yaku who had an item that you had to take from him and deliver back to camp. Make him invincible so that its focused on the chase, once you've got the item he hunts you relentlessly to get it back.

That'd be pretty fun.

I want to buy that CE but thinking back deluxe digital works better for me since MHW will be my go to game for years and I dont want to change back and forth disc games.

Never go to a nice restaurant then, eating a subway burger is enough to fill your stomach.

I hope World will be less balanced than 4U.
Balance is boring.

>want to buy digital so I can play it the second it becomes available and I don't have to drive just to go get it
>no room on my hard drive, 3tb external but I'll be playing hundreds of hours and I don't want to subject the drive to that if I don't have to

>tfw that's me
never regretted it once, solidified by T W W O betas.

also POST ROOM NIGGERS

Can't you just install from the disc?

I reserved the statement for those who already have perfectly fine computers. It's like buying two cars for yourself

You still need the disc to open the game in the menu.

I often play Kingdom hearts in anticipation of Kh3

youtu.be/lKPo0T11QNo
>chargeskips is the optimal way to play GS
I’m not sure if I like this

Kulu’s gimmick has such huge potential for fun and event quests.
>very fast kulu running with box at incredible high speec
Shame it will probably never happen

Most of my storage contains clip from other games, game is like 10 to 15% at most, delete what game you dont or wont play.

People have been buying system exclusively for monhans for decades. What is your point?

>Egg gathering quest
>Kulu-Ya-Ku in the area
>You reach the camp to see there's no delivery box
>There's Kulu-Ya-Ku footprints everywhere

youtube.com/watch?v=35_wq9aVPLM dam boy

I’m glad Pro has good storage out of the box.
Would get the collectors edition but it would take months to get here in the third world, so I will just settle with digital and double dip eventually

Uhh lads, which line should i go for?

Torch Pod is pretty fucking strong against monsters weak to fire

youtube.com/watch?v=2afMME573pM

>Already confirmed no lootboxes and all dlc will be free
>people still think it'll happen
Why?

By charge skips do you mean shoulder checking to go to the next level or by not waiting for red charge?

If the former: When would a monster be still enough for you to give him a full combo of charge strikes, would you not always go for the strongest if you can?

If the latter: Is it better to hit the monster or charge up and miss?

Jesus fucking christ, i feel so shit now thanks user

Too bad LBG damage kind of goes to shit after the initial burst
Inb4 the explosive mines don't even scale with the weapons raw and become weak as fuck later in the game

same dude as in managed to kill it 20s faster

I like it because it means GS users have to think about how far they want to go in their combo rather than just critdraw sniping all the fucking time

Hopefully it drops off so my dreams of having a 3 mod lower recoil LBG with Element Up and Rapid Fire Element shot being the way forward becomes a reality.

Sounds like you don't know about Tri, P3rd,4, 4U, X and XX.

Save your scatternuts or other strong slinger ammo for weakened monsters, because you can goad them back into the fight with those ammo.

What the FUCK is this garbage?

Thats for the demo, official game will back to 3 carts.

excellently memed my meme friend

its the beta you slow fuck. the main game will have only 3

Wait the fire from torchpod blows the mines? Thats fucking crazy

How is it back in September? Do you think all hunts will be 20 minutes too and that they're just going to give you armor and weapons instead of making them?

Strong charged slashes aren't a meme, fucktard, not my fault you're so awful you don't know crit draw style has more than one move.

Ohh.. I didnt know, im sorry..

So new players dont get scared by a demo
Are you living under a rock?

pls help

user, we were literally given the Gamescom show floor demo but with online connectivity. We didn't even get the TGS build that had Nergigante in it; only people at Jump Festa and PSX got to play that version.

M-maybe i was wrong about LBG

Is online scaled to the exact number of players now or is it still balanced for 2 players like previous mh games?

Lads?

Feels like they have been scaled to 4 players

Because now they don't have to, smartass

There's only 2 states
Multiplayer and Solo
Multiplayer is scaled to 4 players though.
If you go online and hunt an Anjanath or something with 3 Randoms it takes just as long, if not longer than just soloing it.

Demo are always scaled to 4 and final games to 2

Who gives a fuck, it's LR, just get whatever.

It can't be the gamescom show floor demo, because that one had super fucking bad collision detection for the monsters on uneven terrain that made them look like they were having a seizure.
There's none of that in this demo though.

imagine being so poir you think 150 is a lot of money

Always Eager Cleaver. One of the best weapons in the series, consistently.

Whats the matter? You're poor or something?

Not that guy, but newer builds should have the Forest Armor be called Pukei Armor instead.

Most people should have a PS4 at this point anyways, unless they are only interested in games like PUBG, CS or other PC """games"""

Keep the poison battleaxe. Kirin bolt Indora is good. Frost Edge for Gravios.
Look for Eternal Strife for Lao and Fatalis.

Anjanath spazes like fuck in the jungle with the big mushrooms area. It's kinda annoying especially when you are trying to get the Tachi's anime attack perfectly.
They probs improved it a bit since then but its still there

>there's none of that in this demo though
As someone who has 70+ hours in the demo, smaller and stockier monsters like Jagras, Pukei, and Kulu Ya-Ku can get pretty wonky with ledges.

Why? Honest question. Bloodborne is the only exclusive I'm interested in

T'as quoi de spécial dans la collector ?

Because they don't just play Bloodborne

>PUBG
>PC exclusive

Never said it was PC exclusive

De la merde.

Well that's some interesting trivia.

Well, i specifically remember when they first showed off Wildspire Wastes Barroths model spazzed the fuck out just walked through the desert and whatever issues there still are aren't close to that

World feels bad to me and I don't know why :(

This. Anjanath limping away? Not on my watch.

Oh no

I can't fathom why

I guess this World isn't for you.

I love playing it, but it doesn't have the same charm older games had. The same went for 4U and XX

user, you're just back peddling now. It's literally the same demo. If we had the PSX/Jump Festa build some of the armor skills would be different as well as the forest set name change.

bye

youtu.be/WCYjy-RLmLQ
So the secret to LBG is whacking the monster in the face with the gun itself instead of shooting it

>back peddling
>not backpedaling
I agree with you but plz don't with the weird grammar.

Yes, LBG is the new Hammer now.

it's a doggy dog world user

>
Got a room up, need 2 guys in here, /v/'s being unresponsive right now.

reddit

Fuck how do I link between boards
anyway room code is W6c8eB28P4R, alternating between rath and diablos and whatever else we can do after that, use whatever you want we're not going for tryhard shit.

Holy fuck bows are so good in MH world

What are they THINKING

What is the weebest armor that i can wear in MHGen?

what?

So /mhg/.

Scoutflies. Do you like them or no? Why?