/xgg/ - Xenogames General #54

Previous Thread: Please be courteous to your fellow anons and mark your spoilers properly

========== Xenoblade 2 ==========
>XB2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XBC game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/eQSFxyyc

>XB2 Blade, Combat and Quests FAQ
pastebin.com/yvMbe5rW

>XB2 Blade combo elemental charts
Sorted by starting element: imgur.com/a/OiBPb
Sorted by finisher element: imgur.com/a/sTKyH

>XB2 Info Doc. Please help contribute to it.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/edit#gid=970837341

>XB2 Fanworks
pastebin.com/BLmMUNub

========== Xenoblade X ==========
>XBX Links pastebin
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY
==============================

If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/davidmenkin
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If I could remove Godfrey from the game I would
4 times now I've dismissed him

Reminder to spoiler your spoilers.

Oh, now THAT'S a blast from the past. I love it.

I want to __________ Pyra.

It's a shame. I do like his design (Or rather the concept of it), but he's borderline useless.

Got Gorg on Nia. Should I overdrive him to Rex immediately or wait till he can use every Blade?

>pyra figure not in the OP

what the fuck you stupid fag, all you did was just copy paste couldn't even put in the new information??

How early in the game are you? Nia's good with axes since she can topple early on. Another water on her is a little bit of a waste, but he'll hit harder then Dromarch does in combos. Later on though, yeah. So you can put claws on Nia for a launch. Hopefully you get Kora.

Almost done with Chapter 3, sounds like I'll use him though. Thanks.

True ending should have been Pneuma holding one hand and Blade Nia holding the other. They set it up like Rex will get with them two/three but then they revert and separate into their worse forms.

why is that thing still there

spend christmas with

Only 11 more hours, I hope it doesn't have a Nintendo tax

It is pointless to post incomplete information. We don't even have the price range, although it is very likely around 15-20k JPY.

I destroyed all four seals for Zenobia, but Zaman aint appearing at the inn in Tantal. How do I trigger it?

you need to have all party so things like Chapter 7 and early chapter 8 locks you out of that.
also need Zenobia in the party.

where is the water stone??

press y in the quest log to see conditions
could be time or drivers needed

found it. Was the wrong time.

I think dude shows up at night

you goof

>tfw you realize Sever being rare rather than legendary hint further at his Core Crystal becoming available for anyone to use in NG+

>The Mastery requirements for Zenobia's quest

I'm going to give Mythra a baby for Christmas!

Is it worth overdriving Perceval over to Morag? I got him on Nia. Only have 2 overdrives right now.

yes

no. wait until you get some more blades and see who needs what more.
Morag's best tanks come from story and quests

Let's not jump to conclusions. "Those Blades" might just be referring to blades you shouldn't be able to use at the start of the game, or instances which don't make sense. Like Pneuma or Blade Nia, while you still have Driver Nia. I don't remember seeing them say that the content would include new blades.

Perceval is good on her for element coverage, but you can get Aegaeon and Theory who are both agi tank without spending an overdrive.
So it is up t you at this point.

>just pulled Agate on Rex
CHRISTMAS OF RARE PULLS

Anyone?

My brother did that, believe me, she was less then thrilled having to take care of him on christmas and would have rather it have been another time.

Zeke. You can just dump every non HLR and non agi tank baldes on Zeke.
Rex won't have any issue once you reach a certain point of the game.

lol i got both perceval and aegaeon on her with random pull after i got her into the party

The exact phrase was
>In your second playthrough, you will be able to have “those” Blades join your party!
It says nothing about having "those Blades" join your party early, user, just that they'll join your party period. This isn't jumping to conclusions, this is going off of exactly what's said there. If they meant getting Blades early that already join you anyway, they would have worded that differently.

They're definitely making it sound like you'll get new Blades that didn't join your party in the first playthrough.

>on Rex
I'm sorry.

>Aegaeon with random pull

Hmmm...

Can I still finish all side quests and such from previous chapters when I reach Chapter 10 in XC2?

>Aegeaon
>random pull

>Cousin is over with her boyfriend, both of them are pretty into anime
>Showing them XC2, which my cousin liked a lot of the designs of the Blades
>Trying to explain the combat system while fighting a boss to her boyfriend
>Start getting confused myself

I don't mind since now my party set up allows me to do a full driver combo

yes

You need to write a 10 page essay to explain XC2's combat

I just don't want to get my hopes up because that is a lot of new animations that they have to make for all the characters. As well as the fact that there isn't enough room on Rex's art sheet for those weapons, as if it was only planned for there to be one more slot that the later DLC was meant to fill in.

Obrona could be whip swords, Mik's blade could just be knuckles, but then you have a combination gatling/rocket launcher and the shield sword.

>aegaeon on her with random

So you're telling me if we dive deep enough into the ocean, we'll fall into another world and find out we've been inside a simulation this whole time caused by a whimsical, interdimensional magic space rock?

Wulfric is better

shit, my bad. forgot about the core we got from the young king. i pulled 2 rares along side with him so it kinda mix in

YOU DO AUTOATTACKS TO GET ARTS TO GET SPECIALS TO GET DRIVER OR BLADE COMBOS TO EXTEND THE LATTER FOR THE FORMER'S CASE OR DO THE LATTER TO GET ORBS TO DO CHAIN ATTACKS TO DO MASSIVE DAMAGE

You're just not well spoken and probably tripped over your words. Always remember to break things down into parts. Don't jump around. Don't start trying to talk about Blade combos and then mention Driver combos.

Is Agate rare/good? She was my first Rare Blade I ever got and I've hardly used her. Mainly becasue Tora already had earth element early game she was kind of redundant

Is it better to put him on Rex rsther than waiting for Zeke to join? I'm in Ch4.

Have YOU ever seen the 'bottom' of the ocean?

I still don't understand how Poppi works. If i have QT as agi tank and alpha as HP tank, would Tora simultaneously have both agi and hp tank stats or they change based on whatever version is equipped now?

Do the good deeds count for Perun before you get her? I've been holding off on feeding the Ardun because I'm afraid it'll lock her out.

it sound convuluted at first but damn man
when you get into the rhymth and start fucking nigga left and right it is fun

>mfw i trip and smash this UM and keep the special element last for nearly 3 minutes because i didn't have the 3rd element to finish

She's decent, scared of bugs though. Later you'll want to change Tora's elements anyway, so Agate being earth isn't a big deal. There are better axes though, like Zenobia.

Put him on Zeke. My set up for Zeke is Zenobia, Herald, and Wulfric. You get the ability to take Pandoria off of Zeke later in chapter 8.

it probably is because Zeke will get better blades later and Wulfric has some nice field skills

he get stat from both
but the skill and aug shit is only for the blade you are engaged atm
i know because that is how you rig your luck stat to 900+

Finished the game, close to level 80. Wheres the best place to farm cores? Still missing 3 rare blades.

That's the part I like the most. Driver combos keeping Blade combo timer going. Early game, you just don't charge up fast enough for one person to combo by themselves, until you can get driver stuff down. Smash completely refilling that bar feels so good.

There's no reason to have any Blade actually on Rex exclusively. All you're doing is wasting overdrives down the line.

Yes, they are retro active. They have to be, otherwise you would have people locking themselves out of it.

There's no reason to overdrive Wulfric

>I just don't want to get my hopes up because that is a lot of new animations that they have to make for all the characters.
Not really, if it's the Torna Blades, then they've already got a bunch of the animations they can just cut and paste from their Drivers (which is also probably why Tora only has three of his own Blades, so that they didn't have to make unique animations for him for almost every Blade weapon)

>As well as the fact that there isn't enough room on Rex's art sheet for those weapons, as if it was only planned for there to be one more slot that the later DLC was meant to fill in
They've already got two empty slots in the Blade album even though the DLC pass only has one rare Blade listed. I don't think that kind of stuff really matters to them much, and they'll just add another row if they need to.

>Gives Zeke a big boost to strength and covers earth
>Using Wulfric on Rex

Hey you little shits fucking MALOS is on Twitter.
twitter.com/davidmenkin

>wasting Zeke's blade slots when there are way better blades to take them

jin is so fucking OP man, that break -> smash with just 2 skills

Zeke isn't exactly that good with a spear, whereas Rex moveset is pretty solid. It is up to preference I guess, but I'd rather use Agate on Zeke than Wulfric.

And now I'm finding Tora and Jin. Where were all these people when I was actually looking for them?

what the fuck, he actually looks like malos as well

what is this witchcraft shit

>Increases Blade's Lv 1 Special damage by 40%
>Increases Blade Combo damage by 20%
>Increases damage dealt from the back by 100%
>Increases damage dealt from the back by 60%

...So this is the power of robot maid waifis

pls add Alvis as a secret boss, Monolith

>To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand XC2's combat system

>using shitty aug parts
why even bother

>Really happy to say I provided the voice for Malos. He's such a handsome devil

He fucking knows it too. I wouldn't be surprised if when they were looking for people to voice him, they saw him walk up and thought he was perfect simply because of the uncanny likeness.

Hi anons
I have Xenoblade Chronicles on the original Wii and I started playing and enjoyed it a lot but I got too wrapped up in sidequests and kinda lost steam before making it out of Colony 9 or whatever the starting town is
On the other hand I also have a Switch with no games and I've heard that XC2 is a lot of fun
Which should I play first?
How would you compare them?
Thanks in advance merry crustmas

>tfw
think I wet myself a little.

?

man some of the citizens around alrest are fucking rude
esp some of the furry kids in your own camp where you are the fucking boss

Pulling off Full Bursts is so damn satisfying.

I would reccomend completing XC1 first.

Whoever programmed the AI in this game needs to be shot.
They deliberately made them stupid and simply stand in the swamp.
I basically ended up soloing that boss.

just throw a rock at it and lure it to you

You could simply pull the boss, drag him in a safe place, then engage him.

>that Kuro
muh dick

can't say I disagree

Do 1 first and stop bothering with subquests unless you're underleveled

When can I suck blades off of people?
I need to part ways with Pandy, cute as she may be

chapter 8

>Rex's driver combos on the right
>Nia's blades on the left

???

Fug, I'm only 6
Gotta resist the urge to rush