/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1136 - The Freedom Fighters are Fucking Dead Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/1KrdPhoyFlbulTviL-s5KhiLhW2flG4hd/view?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=dqz2m61CvQI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I ho ho hope everyone's having a jolly night tonight.

>Freedom Fighters are dead
Don't be stupid, user. Ian was referring to the characters he made post-reboot, ala Egg Bosses. SEGA owns the FFs, so they're still up in the air.

*Christmas night*

thanks friend

"On December 24th 10:36 pm Takashi Iizuka stated that he wants to take the Sonic games in a different direction based on the success of Mania. He believes that through exploring older concpets that include the comics and original titles that a fully fledged 3D Sonic game would be in the works, while including old faces that the fans have been waiting for. While at the same time discarding newer ones."

Happy Holidays, Sonicbabs

Thx

Fuck you.

I hope everyone's going fast tonight.

>Takashi Iizuka stated that he wants to take the Sonic games in a different direction based on the success of Mania
Classic pandering in the 3D games confirmed

This literally means nothing. This is a nothing statement that Sega told Iizuka to say.

THEY BETTER NOT FUCKING KILL OFF SILVER

They're probably showing up, but the question to me is what role they would serve and how often they will be appearing. I don't care if they return, but with what seems like a total reboot, I don't really want them to play as big a part as they did previously.

It's a fake quote, anons. If it was real,
this general would've blasted through 10 threads already.

Sauce me.

Wait wait hang on here. Does this mean that we will have an Archie styled 3D game?

With it being a reboot, it's more than likely they're gonna make them secondary characters that just helps Sonic & the others. They stick around, but they don't play a big role in the universe anymore. It'd make a decent compromise.

Oh it's real. I'll see if I can get a link. They'll probably fuck it up ngl

You're all fucking retarded and I feel ashamed to be a part of this general.

I can confirm this. I shouldn't be posting here but he mentioned that we the staff need to clear our heads of everything and make a whole new experience.

>implying asking for a source is believing
user, I didn't even want that (You). Have it back.

Fuck, this sounded so real.

Aaron stop memeing in this general & go back to memeing on Twitter.

Seems like it. Hopefully SEGA will feel like advertising the comics this time.

ice-skateu

>Silvaze
Gross.

Tails would be useful?

I wonder whatever happened to Silversperg

This opens up so many possibilities! Even a god damn intimidating Robotnik once again.

WE'RE DONE FOR BROS

was he against blazilver or just hated silver altogether?

If there's any Sonic Forces Speed Battle players here, I highly recommend maining Zavok. He's in a good place in the meta and Shadow/Amy mains are incredibly insecure over him. Especially Shadow mains. They see it as a mark of honor to beat a Zavok player.

I think it was both.

He absolutely lost his shit at the sight of both.

user, do you expect Sonic fans to not believe anything they read? You could just highlight that quote, search it on Google & this place is the only result that shows up. Buncha easily worked marks in this general.

>sonic already on his last whim
>beats the shit out of him again with his own past

Sonic Team are actual dicks.

provide a link instead of taking a screenshot of a textbox

Just be glad that if he's still here he doesn't seem to sperg out in threads as badly.
Presented himself to just hate silver initially but then it turned out he was a shipfag who was incredibly angry about silvaze because he liked sonaze.

I fucking tried, user. It says my post is spam.

I'm confused, I'd think that any of Flynn's creations would belong exclusively to Sega, so is it just IDW saying "no thanks"?

True enough.

post a screenshot of the url then

Merry Christmas, all! In case you missed it, there's a special Christmas Build of the Sonic controller, testing out some new 3D models of loops and ramps, but presented in a more festive manner than usual. It took a couple hours to throw together, so I hope you enjoy it!

drive.google.com/file/d/1KrdPhoyFlbulTviL-s5KhiLhW2flG4hd/view?usp=sharing

IDW loves having shit from different franchises in comics, so it's either Ian deciding to not use them, or SEGA decided that they didn't want them in the new comics.

holy shit....it's fucking real

SEGA and maybe IDW maybe want a complete new direction with no ties to the old book. Maybe there's some weird legal thing? Perhaps he doesn't feel they would fit in whatever the new world/direction is?

We won't know until he elaborates.

Speaking of spergs, has Sparky done anything dumb recently, or has he finally fucked off for good?

Or Archie is the one who owns the rights to them because Sega doesn't give a shit.

>Fully fledged 3D game
So, only 75% of it will be 2D this time? Cool.

user, this is the sonic franchise. Absurd shit is the norm and believed at face value regardless of whether there is proof of such absurdity taking place

Please, for the love of GOD, tell me this is a just a dedicated joke.

Sparky's still around, but he's calmed down a lot & people don't hate him as much.

Archie could own them, but I'd think it's more likely Ian owns them.

Thanks!

This is the worst bait taking I've ever seen. If it was real, the other Sonic sites would be all over it as well.

idk dude, even aaron mentioned something along these lines too

Evan confirmed that Archie is the one that owns her original characters including Gold, so there's no reason to think it'd be different with Ian.

So much crazy shit has happened in the Sonic series, the fanbase has become easily baited.

Well if that's the case, then that fucking sucks. Not like Archie would ever do anything with them.

I thought they were all ultimately owned by Sega?

only thing he’s fucked is his new girlfriend
frankly if it’s keeping him from stinking up threads he can do what he pleases.

>rouge works and is often paired with mr. Ultimate lifeform and all around super popular Shadow
Wew, we are safe fellow Rougefags.

>The day Sparky thought he could hide from us with his waifu ways.
What a fool.

Keep in mind licensing contracts are constantly renewed on a regular basis as they expire, so it's entirely possible that Sega agreed to let Archie own the comic OC material post-lawsuit because a) Sega doesn't give a shit about the Archie comics, and b) it helps further insulate them from lawsuits.

>no more humor eggman
Yes pls

Classicshit really needs to fuck off.

I remember that. What a fuckin’ riot.
still holding out hope the user who said they were gonna draw art of it actually does it

I've said it before, but if SEGA's gonna keep remixing old stages in Sonic games because they're out of ideas for new stages, then they can at least do some different stages. Don't need to see GHZ for the Sonic 1 representation for the millionth time.

>Mania Eggman wasn't humorous
I beg to differ. Just because he didn't have any spoken dialogue doesn't mean that he wasn't funny to watch. His animations showed lots of him frustratedly fumbling about and being goofy.

I agree. At the very least, the classic aesthetics need to fuck off. Give us physics in 3D, level design like Adventure and a visual style like what 06 was TRYING to go for, but failed at.

>, while including old faces that the fans have been waiting for. While at the same time discarding newer ones
BOO

>mr. Ultimate lifeform and all around super popular woman respecter Shadow
fixed

And just like that, this thread is already shit.

I will always be here. As far as I can tell, I haven't caused anything major here at all recently.

Please stop talking about this, I literally can't stop thinking about that character, I feel like she's driving me crazy.

What... What is this?
>While at the same time discarding newer ones."
They better be talking about the Deadly Six and NO ONE ELSE.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows it's BS but they're reacting like it's true for memes at this point.

It's your inner waifufaggotry, Sparkplug. Once you gain a waifu, your life is forever changed.

FANG THE JERBOA PLAYABLE SOON

>woman respecter
"If she breath she a thot!"
Pls.

I'll never forget the Sonic thread on Christmas on /v/ 4 years ago. Probably my favorite Sonic thread, no Sonic thread on Christmas has come close yet.

Crystal Canyon zone. abandoned mine shafts, dodging mine carts as you grind on the tracks, glowing gemstones and falling stalactites.
>How do you tie it into the story?
Eggman is trying to synthesize fake gem-based power sources of his own so he has a mining operation there. Bam. Done.

How is this hard? I don't get it.

That seems like a stupid decision, since the characters are utterly worthless without the larger Sonic brand, like Archie doesn't get anything out of it

Nobody has ever accused Archie of making smart decisions.

It's not hard, but a lot of things that shouldn't be hard for Sonic Team is hard for them to pull off.

I remember last year's /sthg/ Christmas thread being incredibly comfy. Not saying it surpassed it since I never saw that /v/ thread, but it was one of my favorite recent /sthg/ threads.

>GHP posts a little Christmas-themed playground to make us happy.
>It gets completely ignored in favor of angry shitposting

>please stop talking about it
Oh please, I see you over in /ddlc/ shitposting about your girlfriend, don’t try to pretend you aren’t madly in love.

It was first posted last thread, actually. I appreciate it

It made me happy, if that means anything.

I think you guys should bullying Sparky about this. It's not funny anymore; it's just mean.

youtube.com/watch?v=dqz2m61CvQI

Prison Lane is one of my favorite compositions in the series.

"Tails, listen to me." Sonic said and laid his hand on his shoulders. "We are gonna warn the others right away, and we will find them back." Soon after they heard a door in the living swinging open... "I WILL... TAKE YOU ALL"

should stop*

That's how it is sometimes, sadly.

>bullying
Hey I’m not bullying. I just think it’s kinda cute.

I've had it sitting on my computer about to play it for the last couple of hours, but I've been too busy shitposting to get to it.

I still appreciate it GHPAnon, you do great shit for this general

He's literally psycho over her. It's not bullying, it's being observational.

>I will always be here.
I don't know why but this made me feel happy.

He's "psycho" because you guys keep on trying to force a stale, unfunny meme on him.

>Implying

Jesus Christ Sparky.

Why is the font so different?

There's no proof that's Sparky. I highly doubt Sparky plays or even knows that much about DDLC. That's assuming that screenshot is real, because the font doesn't leave me so confident.

Blazefags on suicide watch.

I want to bully Shadow's chao.

That's all I can really hope for.
Have a good night, everybody. I've got a lot of obligations these next couple weeks, so don't expect a lot of progress on the Dev Kit. Please use this time to really dig into the current build of the engine. When I get the time, I'll be finally ready to make a new level using the kit. After that, It'll be time to compile everything together and make a finished, open-source package for all to download and create with.

A new age of 3D Sonic is on its way, gents and we're going to make it happen together. With this and the new fan-comic underway, 2018 is going to be a big year for this General. I hope you're looking forward to it as much as I am.

Cheers.