Didn't take the multiple opportunities to buy the dips in eth

>didn't take the multiple opportunities to buy the dips in eth

report in

Other urls found in this thread:

pumperspicks.com/ultimate-altcoin-buying-strategy/
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1715214.msg17180502#msg17180502
comfycrypto.wordpress.com/2017/04/24/fueling-the-rocket-getting-started-with-crypto/
coingecko.com/en/price_charts/ethereum/usd
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Missing on the BTC rocket is worse than missing on memETH

>could have bought ETH before it was over $100

You still have time before it hits $100.

Buy now.

>scared of ETH overtaking BTC

I missed the $6 eth dip in December 2016

have fun with the hard fork user

Bought 4.2 eth a couple weeks ago

There will be small dips in the future most likely. If you're a long holder you can still get in before internet 3.0 desu

>be me
>only allow on ETH purchase a week
>cry when you didn't buy more earlier this week

Feelsbadmangun

Pic not related

>tfw bought in at $6 and sold most of it at $7

nocoiner here who finally gave in and bought in a few hundred $ of ETH. I only hesitated this long because I was scared of getting my wallet hacked

Have fun with Proof of Vitalik hard forks.

Keep coping with muh flippening if that helps you sleep at night.

oh honey, I slept like a baby last night on my 160% returns, and this rocket hasn't even made it to the moon yet.

Should I buy some more now? Planning to hold long anyways.

yes, once millionaires learn they can get 7% return guarantee for staking there will be a gold rush.

I FUCKING TOLD YOU FUCKERS TO BUY THE ETH DIPS.

I've been holding this shit for 6 weeks now and faced RUTHLESS laughing from you guys when my money dipped from $53 down to $42.

FUCK YOU GUYS I WON FUCK YOU ALL.

Pablo was fucking great though. I remember him.

I sold like 40 coins at $17 a couple months ago

>too smart to stress looking at the prices all the time and catching dips
>throwing 50 biweekly since January 2016
yachts, coke and hookers soon boiz

50k? 50 ETH? Or...50 dollars?

>mfw I bought the dip in the last day before the moon boom

>Bought at new ATH
I don't know why people keep doing this, but this is probably the most dangerous time to buy unless you are a long term bag holder. So hold tight because you are about to get your balls slapped.

$400 a month user

based silvio always kills me

>tfw I transferred all my eth to an exchange when it went from $20 to $7 ready to sell but talked myself out of it

I might have literally killed myself

What a ride Veeky Forums

Weeeeeeeee

I think its safe to assume he meant $50 every 2 week

>Inb4 Bi-weekly means 2wice a week

Fuckoff with your newfag jokes

What's the point of selling low if you already lost it all?
Recover the left pieces of pride and ego? It's the worst thing to do.

Have this one instead

50 bucks

ethereum is shit gainz anyway

t. Nocoiner Pro

This. It's a basic rule.

1. Never buy at an all-time high. Ever.
2. Always use stop losses and constantly adjust them to lock in your profits if things go south.
3. Enormous pumps without any news are extremely dangerous.
4. Always sell the news (see: anyone who bought a weed-related coin on 4/20).

You follow these 4 rules and you will consistently do well.

And remember that most of the time

If you're riding the waves of ETH, selling at the peaks and buying the dips, you'll see the gains aren't bad at all and its stable enough to be extremely predictable.

So when is ETH going to dip next? And how low

Don't crucify me but it's been so wild these past few days I can't say for sure.

ETH dips in the short run every few hours or so. You could buy one of those and then set a stop loss. When people lose interest in the afternoons in the US, it starts to plummet and people assume that the day's pump is over until Asia takes it back up late in the evening. But all that could change on a moment's notice.

What you have to do is look at your bollinger bands and use those. Buy at the bottoms, with an SMA of 20, and sell at the peaks. But most importantly SET STOP LOSSES. Set them a little bit below the bottom bollinger band. You will have insurance when it crashes. Then adjust them as ETH goes up to lock in your profits.

What you should end up with is never risking more than 1% of your portfolio when you buy in, but realizing that your actual gains from a coin will probably be as low as your stop loss. So if a coin goes up 50% and you set your stop loss at a 45% gain incase the price dips 5% in the short term, consider that 45% gain your profit. You won't sell at the peaks, but that's the price you pay for this insurance if you choose it.

Anyway up until a few days ago I would have said ETH dips between $52 and $49 on Polo all the time so you just buy at the bottoms, sell at the tops. But NEVER sell everything and NEVER buy all in. Just buy in little bits and adjust accordingly and sell off parts and sometimes half if you are sure it's going to fall down again after a huge pump like last night.

I don't know exactly but it's up to you to watch a coin like ETH for months and figure this stuff out, make your best guess, and remember:
1. never buy at an all-time high, no matter what.
2. always use your stop losses and adjust them to lock in profits
3. sell the news.

This is a process that takes months of practice if not longer to get really, really good at.

Will it dip below 50 anytime soon? I want another 20

At some point, Bitcoins all time high was 90 dollars.

Would it not have been better to buy right then and there?

How do I deal with all this Fomo.

I actually bought in a couple thousand into ETH but instead of being happy it's gone up, I now regret that I did not buy more. And although I have confidence it will go up, I can't shrug the fact I could have bought in much cheaper just a week ago.

Do I wait for the dip that may never happen.

>would it not have been better to buy right then and there?
Ok you're not understanding something. First of all, extremely long term buy-and-hold investors should pay no attention to trading advice, like what I said.

I'm speaking as an active trader here, which is what you asked about. Yes, there are unlimited opportunities of wealth to be made buying coins at their all-time highs. It's still terrible, terrible trading practice to do that because you have no idea whether it will keep going up or settle down into a comfy dip below the peak or whatever it will do. Your goal as the trader is to maximize the PROBABILITY that you profit the most. Ignore your fucking fear of missing out. It doesn't mean shit and it's exactly what all the people shilling coins on here are trying to drive into you. Stick to principles like the ones here and you will do very well.

As for buying ETH now, take a look at the buy and sell orders on your exchange. Look for buy and sell walls, see where the resistance is. If you think it will go up, buy in a little at a time and always set stop losses. So if it goes below a certain point, set it to sell.

Obviously if you buy in and then set a stop loss right below where you bought in, you're probably just going to lose money. that's not the way to do this. But just throw in some money and set a stop loss and relax because at most you shouldn't lose more than 1% of your portfolio, so you'd have to fuck up 100 trades like this to lose the entire thing. Nobody does that.

Also look for patterns and BELIEVE IN THEM. Don't think "oh I'm missing out on gains. fuck I need to buy in." Look for patterns. Be confident "yeah, it looks like it's pumping, but looking at what happened yesterday, it'll pump and then fall back to about here." Then wait and see. If you're wrong it's no big deal, but you usually won't be and you can smile when a coin falls back down like you predicted.

Hey, could you point me some books and resources to learn about investing and cryptocurrencies?

I'm not the guy to ask, sorry.
I've just been practicing doing this for a few months on my own but there's lots of strategies on youtube for it.

Everyone seems to have their own strategies too. Some guy even puts $60 in every coin on Polo and sets sell orders of a quarter of it at about 2x, half at 3x, etc., and just let the diversification take over and comes back months later to collect his profits. That's youtube I guess.

I think this article in particular is good though:
pumperspicks.com/ultimate-altcoin-buying-strategy/

In fact that guy's whole blog seems pretty good for starting out.

And learn how to use your bollinger bands and read this too:
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1715214.msg17180502#msg17180502

But instead of buying a bot you can just trade manually with the bot's strategy and actually have less risk doing so.

Thanks man.

How do coin wallets work? I need a wallet for each coin, right?

Where are they stored? Descentralized? What happens when I withdraw/deposit/transfer coins?

I'm kind of lost.

Pretty sure there are different kinds of wallets, so you can have online wallets, wallets on your desktop, wallets on a harddrive, wallets on your phone, paper wallets that you can print. I think some wallets hold all kinds of coins, some only 1 type. I've heard Electrum and Mist thrown around as very popular wallets for ETH. I thik you'd have to check with the coin's website/dev team to see what kind of wallets they use. Some wallets let you stake and earn interest, others don't.

Essentially I just trade on the exchanges. For me, that's Poloniex, Bittrex, Bitmex, Gdax, and others. I don't worry so much about wallets but you'd have to google that stuff.

I'm not the guy to ask about this, sorry. Make a thread with those specific questions or google it.

If you really, really don't know, you may as well start with just bitcoin.com, as simple as it sounds, and just read and once you understand that, move onto another coin you're interested in and see how it compares and what features it offers.

>he didnt buy in at 120 sats
>he didnt buy in at 0.10
>he didnt buy in at 0.50
>he didnt buy in at 1 dollar
>he didnt buy in at 3 dollars
>he didnt buy in at 5
>he didnt buy in at 10
>he didnt buy in at 15
>he didnt buy in at 20
>he didnt buy in at 25
>he didnt buy in at 30
>he didnt buy in at 35 he didnt buy in at 40
>he didnt buy in at 45

That dip will live in infamy.

I don't know how to do any of this stuff but I have a bunch of money saved up how do I get rich

Are you a US resident and if so,

How do you deal with taxes at the end of the year with all the constant trades.

Yes I'm a US resident.
>taxes
We're trading digital tulips on unregulated, unknown Russian exchanges with hundreds of encrypted wallets and an untraceable blockchain.

Also you may as well sell your winnings on localbitcoins in cash and then spend the cash without ever showing it to a bank at all, but I wouldn't even say that's necessary in the slightest.

But if you care about it, you can use bitcoin.tax.

Go to that website and it makes taxes for coins pretty easy.

Just going to mention my own observation, not investing advice but consider that BTC reached an ath around 1200 its first big run up then corrected down to $200.

Ofcourse at the time you would have thought you missed your only chance for amazing gains and btc will never go back to ath cause reasons. Fast forward to now and if you had bought at the low you'd have like 600% gains or something by now.

Point is, things go up, way up, then come down. Its a cycle. Look at the long-term for ETH, chances are it will go way up but anything could shock the market and then it deflates. What is an ath now could be a new low in terms of months to years from now when eth returns from some $500 moon trip. There's always more opportunities and every coin will crash more than once in its lifetime. Fomo is just that, fear. Control it.

Jeez is everyone here literally tax evading.

Does no one here actually do it properly?

You know, keep track of every trade (which the IRS deems is a realization of gains) to report it properly at the end of the year.

Are you not afraid of getting audited ever in your life?

>he's not buying the POSW dip created by whales the day before the dividend so they can make more POSW in the monthly payout

Do you like being poor?

Thanks user, that's one less thing I'm gonna worry about now.

how will we ever fight the north koreans, syrians, build the wal,l and fund jarquice's 7th child on gibmedats if we don't all pay our taxes?

> Hi Mr taxman, you see this address on the blockchain with X amount of Bitcoin? Do you know who that belongs to? No?

>It belongs to me!!

Oops.

Oh what exchanges that has stop loss? Poloniex?

>be me
>perpetual poorcel who misses every oppurtunity to escape the rat race

I remember i was going to buy $200 usd -> BTC @ $5 on gox. I probably would have kept them sitting on gox though.. so probably better that I didn't. Kinda glad. Not doing it was better than being rich and suddenly having it all stolen

Hey dipshit, you're supposed to report the income when you convert it to fiat and pay taxes on it. I hope you make millions and your government fucks your shit up when they think you're laundering money. You have NO idea how complex AML is. If you transact with a business implicitly under investigation, you're being looked at under a microscope. "oh he uses a credit card, but he has no reported income? but it's paid off? look into that. he's probably a drug dealer. OH he doesn't pay taxes?? FREEZE HIS FUNDS NOW AND ISSUE A WARRANT FOR HIS ARREST" if you can't give them receipts, you can risk jail time. no yachts and whores in jail.

>mfw sold at $20 last year

lol the tax-evading retards here need to realize that the IRS WILL eventually no-lube you. you might get away with it for a couple years or even a few, but they will get you.

there's a reason for that death and taxes adage

>quadrupled my initial $2000 investment.
>mfw I could have taken out a home equity loan for $200k and been a millionaire right now.

Would it be Tax evading if I purchase bullion with BTC and just store that long term? Not liquidate it mind you.

Is it better to have earned and lost, than never to have earned at all?

I have literally thousands of trades in the past 2 months alone.

Keeping track of that would be a nightmare.

Again, sell it to a guy in cash via localbitcoins and then spend the cash. The cash never goes into a bank. Or if it does, you put it in in small amounts at a time depending on your situation. This is extremely fucking easy to do without getting caught. I mean come on.

And I have a job, so plenty of income. Where do you think my principal for crypto comes from?

buy the dip RIGHT NOW retards

I've followed crypto currency for a while but have never gotten into it (nocoiner)

Should I use Coinbase? What if I want to get into less mainstream coins? How do I set up a wallet?

To busy hitching my horse to scam coins and memes

comfycrypto.wordpress.com/2017/04/24/fueling-the-rocket-getting-started-with-crypto/

remeber when bitcoin dipped back to 5 bucks? eth will do the same just be ready to buy a shit load when the time comes

Thoughts on buying 10k in ETH and holding?

That's what I did.

>ETH will dip to $5

put in a 10 ETH coinbase order last week.

expected to come in tomorrow

coinbase better not fuck me over

Thank you

ETH is so high you won't make huge multiples like before.
Should have bought it in the single digits to get rich.

It's not too late with POSW.

High potential there

Yes PoSW will give you the returns you seek.

Where do I buy posw

Poswallet.com or yobit

Keep in mind that it's very early and there some healthy risk to it. Know how it works first and do your own research.

That said, I have serious confidence in it.

Same.14 ETH on order.

fucking kraken didn't verify me in time. they keep fucking saying my id is blurred , not showing borders. etc etc

I'm literally retarded and wanna spend .5 BTC on POSW but have no idea how to
>tfw adding more BTC takes fucking 7 days

Just make an account on poswallet and then make a BTC address and POSW address on it. Transfer your BTC to it, put it in your exchange wallet from the staking wallet, then buy POSW from the exchange. Put the POSW back into your staking wallet after

so i guess the question is, is eth viable i. the long term, say 3-5 years? this is a question which I have been struggling to answer.

i used to salivate so hard hearing /b/tards' stories of how they bought bitcoin and forgot about it for years only to check their account when seeing it on the news and finding that they were $700,000- $1M richer.
good god

how many BTC to be a millionaire ?

How many hours of school to know simple math?

Always up when has it ever bad

coingecko.com/en/price_charts/ethereum/usd

buy now

>bought eth when it was $0.80
>sold it when it was $1.50
i was so happy with the gains i made