>Autism corner
mega.nz/#F!348iRBxC!UwZ7fEhKS8ASAGRYKSHzeQ
>US Army Manual Index
pastebin.com/m98ZrWpP (embed) (embed)
>Link to this OP text
pastebin.com/Tsc71yaf (embed) (embed)

>Example of welcome games
>Flight Sims
Falcon BMS, DCS: World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Strike Fighters X
>Driving Games
Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, DiRT Rally, OMSI 2
>Ground Sims
SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Graviteam Tactics, Squad, Tank Warfare: Tunisia, Combat Mission.
>Submarine Sims
Silent Hunter, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters
>Misc Sims
Command: X, Swat 4, NoLimits2.

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór, Șqűád
OLD:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T16000M-FCS-Flight-Pack/dp/B01N2PE8CZ/ref=pd_sim_147_11?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6GPX4MYB25RHN6HGAKYQ
amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T-16000M-FCS-HOTAS-Controller/dp/B01KCHPRXA/ref=pd_sim_147_8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=64MR3NE6YEYYQGJY9MGD
amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T16000M-FCS-Joystick-Black/dp/B01MQEDEEW/ref=pd_sim_147_6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6GPX4MYB25RHN6HGAKYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xUPXBHclO6U
youtube.com/watch?v=Vc2u_YUgOOU
youtube.com/watch?v=UKJevr8Op_s
youtube.com/watch?v=Oa9_VaAwB2U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BMS is a sim

AC is a sim

but these sims are shit compared to real simulators like Prepar3d or X-Plane

Got a flight in a Level D 737 simulator for Christmas. Will report here

Is the hunter call of the wild a sim?

yes

Recommend a relatively cheap joystick that'll be good for DCS

Also is 8 gigs of RAM enough or is it finally time to upgrade? RAM is expensive as shit these days

When does the sale end?

I don't understand. Christmas is over already.

amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T16000M-FCS-Flight-Pack/dp/B01N2PE8CZ/ref=pd_sim_147_11?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6GPX4MYB25RHN6HGAKYQ
That's pretty good.
$199.99 with the stick, throttle and pedals.

amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T-16000M-FCS-HOTAS-Controller/dp/B01KCHPRXA/ref=pd_sim_147_8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=64MR3NE6YEYYQGJY9MGD
$99.99 For stick and throttle, which is bare the minimum you should have.

You should get 16gb, desu.

amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T16000M-FCS-Joystick-Black/dp/B01MQEDEEW/ref=pd_sim_147_6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6GPX4MYB25RHN6HGAKYQ
$59.99 for the stick alone, which is a bad idea for DCS, as you are missing out on the super useful buttons on the throttle.

With new aircraft like the yak-52 and the bastard child that the Christen Eagle is on the way wouldn't it be nice to open up some grass airfields and some shorter runways like the southern on in pic(as long there is/was real life counter part in Georgia)?

also an-2 when we need some logistics aircraft

You can land on any field. It's not like there's anything stopping you from slapping a spawn and shit wherever you please.

I am not aware of any way to spawn a plane in dcs on the ground

do you mean doing that with some wacky scripts or eddits?

If I've bought FC3 on Steam, am I able to use it on the standalone client?

I use TWCS and 3D Pro myself
3D Pro has a pov, which you can use for trim for example
And throttle hats work perfect as full DMS/CMS/TMS for me
but idk if 3d pro has better sensors, I bet 16k FCS does

Isn't there runway static object or smth? Maybe you can that way? I don't know
Yes
Anything released after mirage including it can't be used on steam
FC3 is pre-mirage

I received a booking to use the simulator, rather

the t16000m uses the same 16 bit sensors as the warthog.
i think the 3d pro is only 8 bits, or something

Remember to do a barrel roll.

I still don't get what the fuck is with client versions in DCS

So 1.5 is the old stable version, then theres 2.5 alpha which you need to buy a map for, but they're also releasing 2.1 or 2.2 soon? What fucking version do I download when I get my joystick and can actually play DCS?

1.5. Don't worry about the rest of it for now.

Do all planes work with it?

Yup

Gotta love ELLX

yaks follow me everytime we merge, end up catching with me no matter how shallow i climb.

they are always close enough to get a couple of hits on me, which results into me losing my engine on a wing.
the tail section is basically made out of glass so even a pistol cartridge would destoy it.

am i the only 1???

Wew lad, wrong general.

im pretty sure you should be grounded in this weather unless you want to copy a telephone number

If i´m reading the chart correctly minimum visibility is 125m, activesky was reporting a vis of 0.1 sm so in the very very limit or maybe even bellow and i should actually get a call.

It was a short Cargolux flight to prestwick and back, for the return flight i actually had to divert to Frankfurt because no cat2/3 for rwy06.

bos is not a sim, it's a more biased version of war blunder.
stop playing it

>Example of non-welcome games
>Ácé Cómbát

biased :thinking:
I play soviets and germans(depends on stack) and I've never noticed any bias
Please light me up

In DiRT Rally, is there any way to make the Co-driver alone come through the headphones, and all other sound through the speakers? Would really help me with both immersion and not driving like a retard as a result of only focusing on driving and not the pacenotes.

Modding is an option

It's time to shill this lovely little joystick again! It's GOAT

I have FC3 and F-86.

What would be the next best module to get? Thinking about a helicopter.

autistic little throttle bepis, literally my only complaint.

>1sm = 1609m
>1/10th sm = 160m
Assuming you got all required runway lighting, and your "operator" is authorized to depart with that minimum (in the USA we need that), you're good to go!

that's fair, but for the super low price (and features) I'm willing to overlook that.
It's not the size that counts, but how you use it

Absolutely gorgeous picture.

Would you recommend it over a T16000M hotas?

Also are pedals absolutely necessary?

When does the sale end?

>Also are pedals absolutely necessary?
Not at all. Especially not for fixed wing.

I don't know, I've never used anything more than the Extreme 3D Pro
It has a twist grip for rudder control, no pedals necessary.
>Good enough to fly both the UH-1 and Mi-8

What about headtracking? I'm not sure reaching for the mouse with my left hand to look around will be very efficient and comfortable

Do joysticks have some sort of button you can move like a joystick on a joystick to move the camera?

shitty unoriginal aircraft
the soviet flanker is much better

Certainly not. My friend who has a 3d pro is always crying about the buttons not working reliably.

Your friend needs to throw it out and buy a new one for $30 lol

>Do joysticks have some sort of button you can move like a joystick on a joystick to move the camera?
Yeah, most joysticks have a trim hat you can use for that.

Not necessary, the HAT switch on the top of the stick is movable in eight directions perfect for moving your POV, nearly every simulator has functionality for a HAT switch built in, you just have to bind it.

how do I join the discord? I wanna meet this infamous craig

To be honest it's really frustrating to play without headtracking. Once you use it, you'll never wanna go back to playing without it.

Don't go there, Craig is racist as fuck.

Alright /simg/

I finally did it.

I couldn't resist and installed a HOTAS on my VR motion rig today.

What games should I start with?

I've gone through cockpit tutorials of the A-10C in DCS, but I feel like I should get a couple dozen hours in something like War Thunder first.

Can never go wrong with the F5. Probably the best fighter module in the game.

>in something like War Thunder
fucking play flaming cliffs you poofter

Just get trackir or one of the cheapo copycats. You don't want to fly without head tracking.

Don't learn bad habits in a non-sim, just stick with the A-10C... your skills will improve with time, and the experience will be rewarding.
Nice setup.

Holy shit that's lit
More pics?

I use the hat switch on the T16000 throttle for camera movement, can't live without having trim on the stick hat

I'm coming to your house with my van and grabbing that thing.

>war thunder
wut

The F5 is a pretty good intro to fighter type aircraft, especially considering it's pretty much a combat T38, which is the USAF's primary jet trainer

>Motion Platform + Virtual Reality
Is this the future of the PC Master Race?

The fact that is /simg/ aside, war thunder is notoriously unfun with a joystick, just play IL-2

A-10C is the flagship module for a reason. Just having a missile warning system makes everything so much better.

Sorry goys this shit won't let me post faster

>I should get a couple dozen hours in something like War Thunder first
War Thunder is not going to prepare you for DCS no matter how many hours you play in it. For one the only jets that are both in DCS and War Thunder are the F-86 and the MiG-15, and even in sim mode War Thunder has simple flight and physics models and no clickable cockpits or systems management of any kind. It's an arcade game with a "sim" mode that's just arcade with forced cockpit view and no flight assistance, but it's far from a serious simulator.

yeah

Once they improve the pixel density and brightness on the headsets I don't see any reason to play any sim non-VR.

are you using the race pedals as rudder pedals?

Where do you get all this money to splurge on bollocks?

WHEN DOES THE SALE END

you rich fuck, give me your money capitalistic pig

Yeah
It's a little awkward because the clutch snaps, but the signal is still proportional.

Magic internet money

fuck i hate how the PMDG DC-6B is gimped
>doesn't carry enough gas to fly LAX-BOS with 0 wind

How do you find good modules for Xplane 11?

New to GA simming, and wanted to find a high quality helicopter for XP11.

Now that I can buy two modules for the price of one, what should I get besides the F-5 which I've already decided I want? How's the Mirage? Or maybe I should buy the Nevada map plus one or two FC3 planes? Fuck

2.5 is coming out a month from now at the latest, at which point no one will use Nevada. I'd say get FC3 then the Mirage or A-10C.

>no one will use Nevada

Why not, isn't the whole point of 2.5 integrating it and the Caucasus content together?

January 3rd

>Level D making anything 64 bit
>Level D making a real sim
Nice one buddy.

>a high quality helicopter for XP11
not a civsimmer either but if you find something like that post it here, im into this too

the bump that saved simg

Only one flight sim in the OP has no ATC, dynamic weather, turbulence's, proper clouds and some other weapons related shit. Can you guess which one?

>important obstacle in real aviation
>doesn't exist in your favorite sim
thank god for Active Sky

>X-Plane
youtube.com/watch?v=xUPXBHclO6U

why so ded

content drought

>youtube.com/watch?v=Vc2u_YUgOOU

F-86 y/n

y

>Would you recommend it over a T16000M hotas?
No, those things are worlds apart in terms of precision.

youtube.com/watch?v=UKJevr8Op_s
youtube.com/watch?v=Oa9_VaAwB2U

Far out this an amazing module. Feels so good to fly.

How does that even work for flight sims? It's not like it will turn you upside down during manoeuvrers.