gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fixHiTWKRWA
tldrlegal.com/
lemmyrodul.com
norimousedev.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Post progress!

>tfw don't subscribe to the notion that video games are art but want to make arthouse games

This is really conflicting for me

So what? Just make the game you want to make. If it's art or if it's not art, who cares?

>tfw don't subscribe to the notion that reposting is good but want to repost my retarded statement from the last thread

This is really conflicting for me

it's not that video games aren't art, it's that art isn't for video games: if you want to make a game for artistic purposes, it probably isn't going to be good.

> if you want to make a game for artistic purposes, it probably isn't going to be good.

Okay, say that to Shadow of the Colossus, killer7, MGS2, and the countless number of arthouse games that are good.

Reminder that you are sharing this thread with a straight up wacko who's making a game about raping children.
Now stop asking yourself why no one wants to be associated with /agdg/

here's an aesthetics question

let's say I want to have a 'mygameopedia', which would basically just be a big document the player could navigate to find information about in-game terms and such. I'm thinking like how the Civ games have their little encyclopedia, or how Mount and Blade has one for all the characters/locations and such in the game.

Would it be better to put this somewhere out of the way, like in the esc menu, or to make it obvious by providing buttons everywhere that would send you to the relevant page? Having extra buttons everywhere that can open extra screens sounds really cluttery, but a lot of games I liked used it so I'm tempted to go that route.

Good damn, wyg

Dedicate a button to opening your encyclopedia when you want to know something about an object/an npc/an animal etc.

Here.

Happy now?

a pokedex?

The people that defend him disturb me a lot more. I doubt any actual devs defend him but still.

Sorta, yeah.

No one cares. No one cares that you post on Veeky Forums. No one cares that a pedophile posts on Veeky Forums. You're not going to become a pedophile because a pedophile posts on Veeky Forums.

Stop obsessing over this retarded shit and just like make your game.

I got away with posting progress here since I've only been using placeholders but now my game is identifiable. Where should I post my progress now if I want to avoid being associated with /agdg/ but still want feedback?

You can't anymore, your career is already over. Game over man. Game over.

>You're not going to become a pedophile because a pedophile posts on Veeky Forums.
That's not the issue, it's that these things come to bite you in the ass if you ever come close to making it, especially since the thread is full of obsessive shitposters

What game?

>avoid being associated with /agdg/
you shouldn't browse or post here if your iq is this low

Never happened ever.

No, the issue is that the pedodev should go see a psychiatrist for his potentially dangerous mental disorder instead of shitting up /agdg/ with his deviancy.

Why doesn't the risk of rain dev post here anymore?

Oh yeah. I forgot that Risk of Rain completely flopped and literally no one bought it because they posted on Veeky Forums.

Also remember that time "Good Night Knight" got a super popular post on Reddit? It was on the front page. Someone was spamming the thread saying the dev is from Veeky Forums and he's a racist. He was downvoted to hell and everyone told him to post proof or fuck off.

No one cares.

he made it

he's not amateur anymore

>33k upvotes
what the fuck, how did that happen

he's in the discord where there are no lolisims or source samefags

>no lolisims
Lame

yeems

i`m hungry so i made this

Give the egg some geometry, add an edge loop in the soup.
That way you can get jiggle physics.

>Where should I post my progress now if I want to avoid being associated with /agdg/ but still want feedback?
I've been wondering the same thing. I know of tigsource but it is dead as fuck.

What is that?

why the fuck would you put fried egg on top of soup

bump

kys

youtube.com/watch?v=fixHiTWKRWA

>food wishes
my nigga

seconding

My favourite soup with eggs

tab target or action combat

You already got your answer Oh wait, you didn't actually want an answer did you? You just wanted to start a shitposting train?

Depends on the type of game

whichever one allows for actual gameplay

I care because I could be using my resources to tell my story in a medium that's recognized as art.

For what purpose?

i'm an auteur

What the fuck are you talking about? You're the one creating the story. You decide which medium is best suited for the story you want to tell.

Translator's note: auteur means faggot

Tab target is a boring compromise between turn based and real time that feels like a limitation of both.

Those games weren't made for the sake of being artistic though, they were made to be games.

shhhh, artfags are the superior beings so they know exactly every intention that was at the origin of everything ever produced

Death of the author

I need to release my game as open soars, but i need a license that limits it as much as possible, basically "look but don't touch" (legally anyway) what license is the best one here?

beerware license

Release the source without any licensing?

>I need to release my game as open soars
hello, what meme is this?

I want the player to have the choice between a decent amount of units but they have to select a small party with different strengths vs what they're up against, with positioning being a part of the combat. Trouble is there's multiple ways you can go with that and I keep finding myself comparing to other games. If I make it turn based I think of darkest dungeon, so then I feel forced to add in other stuff to make sure what im doing is different to that, which is how I end up like this with no ideas because i'm scared anything I do is too close to someone elses idea.

Of course that's irrelevant because it only really matters if your game makes it big, yet here we are.

tldrlegal.com/
find one you like, but I wouldn't call what you are doing 'open source' since there's connotations there.

he's been getting more annoying about it too. more and more he just comes here now trying to promote/justify his disorder. I'm so sick of him.

GPL

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Cash Sample
Dev: SlowDancer
Tools: RPG Maker MV, Photofiltre, Cubase 8, Internet, Water
Web: lemmyrodul.com
December: snowman
Progress:
- Away for new Eve
+ Bringing Paper notes to work when I can

> water

eew

Get an LLC.

PROGRESS, BOYS!!!

what do you'll think??

im calling the police

Nice rape shack bro. You should team up with lolifag.

Literally a pedophile game for other pedophiles. Dangerous rapist dirtydev. Report this! Get this user ARRESTED for their CRIMES so /agdg/ can be clean again!

>a furry rape game that looks like an n64
kys yourself

Everything humans do is art. An 'artist' is just an human consciously creating. No one is fit to play gatekeeper here. No one gets to say what is art and what is not.

modern art and everything you just said was a mistake

This is exactly my own definition of art. Thank you for posting it.

where are the lolis

He's right though

I just wanna learn 2D should I ditch unity ?

The basic meaning of art aka artificial is that mother nature didn't manage to come up with it on her own.

just go to /ic/ and make a horny VN

God is the one who invented art when He created us, so it's not like art is just an arbitrary thing. I think video games can be art depending on the effort and intent put into it by the maker.

Unity is perfectly suitable for 2D. If you want less overhead, try XNA or Löve.

There is no God here today.

Working on an intro for Demo Day and Godot 3.0 demo reel.

this, the classical definition of art is basically just "skilled trade". baking bread was a art, trolling was a art, etc

it referring only to namby pamby bullshit is a modern change

> He

Thanks for the seizure, pal.

has the GameMaker Studio 2 been cracked yet?

just make meme games,it's easier

Needs proper soundtrack.

can you please kill yourself sourcepdo ok thanks :)

This is the real redpill.

Is it common for companies to hire modders?
Sometimes I think that it's best to just make a mod, since building a game with any engine will require you to make all the mechanics from scratch. Plus, companies will probably benefits from having people that know their in-house technologies.

Modding is not game dev. Companies obviously know this. No one has ever been hired from the modding """"community"""". Just like make game.

>Is it common for companies to hire modders?
Yes, if you're good.

t. worked in the industry for years.

Yeah I've heard it happen often.

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Unnamed UE4 Procgen Test
Dev: Nori
Tools: UE4, Blender, GIMP
Web: norimousedev.tumblr.com/
December: santa hat
Progress:
+ Made a snow shader!
+ Made santa hats
+ Implemented head equipment slot

Valve do it everytime

You're so wrong that I wonder if you're retarded or just trolling. Popular modders get hired all the time.

Just to name one recent example, the guy who is the lead programmer for Terraria's Otherworld was one of the most popular Terraria modder.

do you really want to work for someone who would hire modders?