/2hug/ - Touhou General - 81

Previous thread Master Grade Smug Edition

>So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Where should I start?
The games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there. Some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway

1: Arkanoid's drunk abusive cousin
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5: Fighting games

The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist. Once you're done with the main series you can move on to the fangames, of which some are of excellent quality.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/ (For separate game downloading)

nyaa.si/view/979648 (All in one pack)

>Touhou Project Official Material Reading/Playing Guide
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>eraTohoK (plus other era games)
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd

>Touhou 16 on steam! Please support the official release.
store.steampowered.com/app/745880/__Hidden_Star_in_Four_Seasons/

>AoCF Demo v3!
tasofro.net/touhou155/download.html

>1cc charts!
imgur.com/a/NdaSE

>PoFV and Soku Netplay Guide!
imgur.com/a/ZCGuE

>Fangames pastebin (Contains a fixed version for game breaking bug in FMW2)
pastebin.com/Jc2e0wLm

Touhou is a videogame only in your dreams.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/tasofro/status/945990542533394432
downloadtwittervideo.com/TwitterGif.php
youtube.com/watch?v=3foEl6FqUMI
twitter.com/tasofro/status/945990580470820864
youtube.com/watch?v=tPRtnFwouzc
twitter.com/FearNagae/status/945278354315296768
vocaroo.com/i/s1ZOcUFt5ja6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Doremy!

Clear the battlefield and let me see
All the profit from our victory
You talk of freedom, starving children fall
Are you deaf when you hear the season's call?

You didn't put a period at the end of your edition. See you in fucking Gensokyo

Also, is Youmu actually half ghost? I feel it's more like she's human and has a ghost familiar following her.

Do you have a problem with the captcha?

user, it literally says so right there. But if you have any doubts about the characters or their species nature you can always check Perfect Memento in Strict Sense on the wiki

First sip of the day

>Leaves everything up to her Shinigami, so life is a breeze for her
Is Yukari the real NEET queen? Have I been hating on the wrong person this entire time?

I know, it just strikes me as odd because she's half phantom but doesn't look like Yuuyuuko, guess the half phantom of her manifests as the lower half of her body.

twitter.com/tasofro/status/945990542533394432

Truly we are entering a new golden age.

I can't save the gif. Please help.

Can't wait for people to play this game for an hour or two simply because it's Touhou, grab any shred of relevant details off the wiki and never touch it again. That's what happened with the previous aerial fighters right?

downloadtwittervideo.com/TwitterGif.php

Oh, thanks.

That's how I played every previous Touhou game, your point being?

I spent more than an hour or two on ULiL though

Youmu's human-half body temperature is slightly lower than normal, and her phantom-half temperature is slightly higher than normal, so that proves she isn't just a normal human that's had a phantom following her 24/7 her whole life.

I was exaggerating to get my point across, I don't mean any harm. The main games have a shit ton of replay value and are challenging enough to play for more than a few hours user. I mean why else would I beat IN over 5 times if it wasn't damn fun? I could be wrong but I really don't think the same is true for any of the aerial fighters, they're the least discussed here and I really don't want Tasfro to keep making these games. I want a new creative game of thier like Shoot Shoot Nitori. At least with Soku you have the occasional netplay skirmishes.

For once i'm not joking but what is the appeal of the aerial fighters? The gameplay is way to casualised for serious online play, the roster is dogshit among other things but the fact that they've made 3 of them already shows that I'm missing something here. What is it?

Yeah that explains a lot, thanks user. Hey, do you know that Youmu is a fucking cool person?

No, I'm not a robot

>Youmu's human-half body temperature is slightly lower than normal, and her phantom-half temperature is slightly higher than normal

I want to fuck Youmu's phantom half.

>what is the appeal of the aerial fighters?
I don't care as long as Tenshi is there.

>Hey, do you know that Youmu is a fucking cool person?
Yeah, I imagine many people are somewhat put off by the lukewarm response the first time they meet her, but once they manage to break the ice, they find out that she's actually pretty chill.

You leave Youmu's sperm alone.

>Youmu's human-half body temperature is slightly lower than normal, and her phantom-half temperature is slightly higher than normal
Can this somehow be utilized to create a perpetual motion machine of the second kind?

basically. But for ULiL a small community did form around the game. I expect the same for AoCF

neat

Not really, no.

All it means is that her physical make-up leaves her temperatures different to the average for a full phantom or a full human. There's no actual process involved, its just how she is.

>Knife throwing is fundemental to an illusionist
Yeah I really don't want to think about what I think it means. Well anyways here I go.

Something like this, obviously:
youtube.com/watch?v=3foEl6FqUMI

Winter break is here for me and I want to try making some progress in my play. This past summer I got my first 1cc on EoSD with ReimuB and I'm a little torn on where to go from here.

Should I go for clears on harder difficulties/extra stage or move on to the other games in the series? I've tried PCB but the lengthy stage 4 really drains my stamina. IN is pretty fun and I'm really enjoying the Marisa/Alice shot type so maybe I'll go for the normal 1cc.

The IN user is making it really tempting to start playing

twitter.com/tasofro/status/945990580470820864

>In addition, we are planning to continue to fix the problem in the future and to respond to the update to English, so thank you.

Try clearing Normal mode on other games. Keeping things fresh is important.

So this isn't nearly the worst shot in the game, if it is then it's by no means terrible. The only flaw is that it's very weak unless you know a thing or two about shotgunning, then it's pretty adept in terms of the damage department. It's also wide as fuck, so as you can see by pic related you can just stand in the middle bottom of the screen and watch the faeries explode.

Congrats on your 1cc, how long have you been playing EoSD? It's not easy trying to 1cc that especially if it's your first game. You should try all the games on normal before you think about doing hard, the jump from normal to hard is insane. You can try out IN if you want, the stories in these games are barley connected if at all, I'd still play in release date because there are some recurring characters that appear in other games, but it's your call.

And please, call me Sakuyaanon. Pleased to meet you.

I started playing in May earlier this year. My interest started when someone posted this picture of Yuuka in a discord.

After that semester ended, I played for 1-2 hours everyday after breakfast. I'd take a 10 minute break after every half hour and after lunch I'd spend about 30 minutes reviewing.

I continued at that pace for about 3-4 weeks before I got the 1cc.

From what I've learned during that period of hard work is that eye positioning and moisturizing eye drops are important fundamentals.

After the 1cc I spent a little time away from the series until HSiFS came out in August. I like the game but I couldn't manage to find the motivation to 1cc. This winter I think I'll play whichever game sticks to me for gameplay.

Thanks for sharing user, actually real interesting how you got started with a simple picture of a 2hu because that's similar to a story I have here

Basically, there's this fangame called Fantasy Maiden Wars based on Super Robot Wars, the second game had a problem where it screenlocks on the final segment of the game, making it unbeatable. Basically if I didn't playthrough it to bring attention to it, someone would have never dumped a working fixed version of it along with a fully patched version of the third game.

And you know what led to me playing it? Some kind user named Reisenanon posted a simple picture of Sakuya, that got me playing the game because it made me look into my images folder which had screens of the first game which made me want to play the second game, funny how that works huh? Butterfly effect is real as fuck

You seem to be on the right track, so good luck with your 1cc's and hope you continue to experience the wonderful joys of 2hu games, wish you the best.

I like the melody of Hourai Victim a lot but I think that the instruments used for it kinda bring the whole song down.
youtube.com/watch?v=tPRtnFwouzc

>the roster is dogshit
Just like your own, personal opinion.

twitter.com/FearNagae/status/945278354315296768

Reimu is broken!

Sasuga, ZUN's Daughter.

What else would it be user? Objective fact?

your wrong. If you want the perfect example of a song brought down by instrumentation then look at Faith is For the Transient People
t.Music Major

>Music Major

Did Aya ever go to college for her job?

No, but neither did most journalists

>Objective fact?
Fortunately, it is not. This might give you a hint on why some people like the newer fighting games.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH I FUCKING LOST MY LAST LIFE ON RAINBOW DANMAKU DESPITE CAPTURING IT 8 TIMES IN A ROW RIGHT BEFORE THE RUN AAAAAAHHHHHHHH

You sound upset

fun fact: most journalist's previous job experience is limited to working for political campaigns. So what campaign did Aya work with?

user I was- you know what never mind.

I know how you feel, user. I died like twice to Okuu in SA to her exploding in the background when I just defeated her, shit sucks.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>For once i'm not joking
No problem, do tell me.

the spellcard isn't even that hard for a finale, you can just manipulate the bullets since their aimed and once you understand the spellcard it's a complete joke

Miko's

You misunderstand, I know it's my opinion and that's why I joked about it by asking if it was objective fact, though in my original question was no joke.

That's why the second part of my reply here serves as an answer for your initial, genuine question.

Now I understand your rage, when you die for a spellcard that you redeem as complex it's not such a big deal because you understand that it was beyond your control. But when you die to a spellcard that you see as being easy as fuck or really simple on it's concept then you get mad because you think to yourself "I'm better than this shit".

Alright then my dude apologies for the mix up.

It's ok, have a nice day.

You too, don't trip on your way out.

It's a slow day.

EHHHHHHHHHHH??????

vocaroo.com/i/s1ZOcUFt5ja6

pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten
never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy

wen day is dark alway rember happy day

Thanks user, I'm in pain right now so I needed that.

name ONE fight in the franchise more kino then the Magic team vs Reimu in IN.
protip: you can't.

Ghost team vs Marisa in IN.

Reimu is a really fun fight. If memory serves lots of quick bullets and an enjoyable challenge. Marisa on the other hand is a shitty hitbox clusterfuck with a bunch of slow-moving shit coming from everywhere, which I found to be far more difficult and irritating

God forbid we go 1 thread per day

Pretty much this, I still don't know how to deal with Marisa's spellcard with the tight ass stars on one side and the rotating lasers on the other.
>which I found to be far more difficult and irritating
Reimu while it has hard spellcards they are with patterns but Marisa on the other hand has mostly RNG stars and RNG can go choke on a dick.

I hate the RNG on Dragon's Necklace. There are times where your slotted between 2 lasers yet an orb will barrel down your path and you have no option but to bomb. Swallow's Cowrie Shell is also pretty shit.

Recently we've been going really close to that, like we reach the bump limit on a day and a half or in 2 days.

>Reimu while it has hard spellcards they are with patterns but Marisa on the other hand has mostly RNG stars and RNG can go choke on a dick.

ah, yes this is exactly it. I was struggling to find the words, myself. It's thrilling to dodge a difficult card because you were able to read the overarching pattern. Marisa on the other hand is a bunch of micro-dodges with no pattern.

>Doing fine as Sakuyasolo
>Reimu ruins the fucking run because of her damn yin yang orbs appearing which I'm not used to
>Died three times like a baka despite having enough bombs to bombspam the entire fight in one life alon
I changed my mind, Sakuyasolo is the worst shottype in the entire series. Man to go from 1cc'ing the routes like a madman to this is disheartening to say the least, but I'm never one to give up.

What the fuck is mikos problem?

I know right? Though I think 1cc'ing IN with Sakuya is as hard as 1cc'ing UFO, try filling your UFO 1cc chart first.

Somebody built a temple to seal her, what do you expect?

You think I'm some kind of joker? I literally played through UFO in this general, I beat Byakuren on my first try, ufo is easy as fuck thanks to the extra lives it gives you.

Unless you're playing on hard, then I can't even get to Murasa.

Try MarisaB

Thanks for the suggestion but I think I'll play a fangame once I'm done with IN, been a while since I've done that, and the pastebin could use an update.

Ever tried making a fanmeme chart?

Does /2hug/ own any merchandise?
I own this and 2 fumos.

Well as you may know, only danmaku fangame I beat was TLC (that game was something else let me tell you). Mystical Power Plant is way to fucking hard even on normal, couldn't even make it to stage 3. So while the idea is nice I won't have much use for it.

Oh shit sweet sweet figurine of Sakuya, where can I get one of those?

Fumos are kinda expensive for some plushies and I don't want to give any explanations to friends and family. But I would buy myself a fumo from my 2hu.

How much do fumos usually go for? Also, when will they make an eiki fumo?

She thinks she's the best thing since sliced bread.

Is 2hu's popularity dying down? How many more years does it have?

I got it 2nd hand pretty cheap actually. I'm pretty sure it's one of the cheapest touhou figures that actually looks nice. Look up QuesQ Sakuya on ebay.

My mom thinks they're cute. Also I just get them from amiami so they don't cost way more when buying used. I just use some of the money I get from family to buy them so they feel like a gift without getting too judged from them. I ordered 3 for christmas,
someone stop me

Considering it still gets 1200 entries on Comiket while also having their own conventions, it has at least 10 years more.

Touhou is reclining

>three fumos

Which ones?

2hu is reclining.

>QuesQ Sakuya on Ebay
Thanks user
>120 dollars
Geez, that's considered cheap? Sakuya may be my wife but I can't go broke just for her.

>Spoiler
As long as it's not your parents money I can't stop you.

If the PC-98 games are anything to go by ZUN's gonna keep making these games regardless of how popular they are. That said, don't you guys think the old man should retire soon?

Around 30 dollars, but converted to my countrys currency its a lot. As for an eiki fumo, if theres not already an official one then I've heard that there are people that make custom fumos so you might try asking at the fumo thread on the jay.

I got it for 60$ though. Totally worth it

Ran, Remilia and Marisa

Yukari fumo

I'm wondering if steam releases will cause a bump. But maybe not.

Ill check out the fumo thread on /jp/. Thanks for the inquiries fellow user

I have this cutie.
Sorry for the shitty photo, I'm not good at this.

>have to waste a bomb on Cirno's first spellcard on Normal
>captured Cirno's first spellcard first try on Hard mode
Guess some spellcards are easier on harder difficulty.

wake up /2hug/

If you want to get into fumos now's a great time since Amiami, which is entry level tier for buyfagging, has a pretty good selection to choose from right now.
When I got into them they just had Reisen and Kasen so I ended up getting the useless bunny only good for hugs.

Hopefully after an Utsuho fumo or a Komeijis re-release

>