I always used to think highly of humanities and arts...

I always used to think highly of humanities and arts, thought philosophy could be used to advanced humankind and art to define our era ..

But nowadays, as it seems, batshit crazy technocrats think like this.

What happened, Veeky Forums? Why did people lose respect for art and for humanities?

Why are they wasting time shitposting, then, instead of finding a cure for cancer?

A reasonable man would spend all his waking moments perfecting our scientific knowledge instead of wasting time on futile things such as the consumption or creation of 'art'. I spit on people who create enjoyment for others in the form of 'art', or attemp to communicate through an artistic medium. To what end? Science alone is what a rational man must partake in, as it uplifts man from a simple animal to a rational agent. Imagine where we would be if we never wasted our time on 'art' - our computers would have a bit more computing power! A BIT MORE COMPUTING POWER! What a sacrifice was made for such an unworthy cause as 'art'! And nevermind the cultural consumption - the consumption of such a vile thing as 'literature' or 'music' - that a man must have to satisfy his needs. That man is clearly not rational - he does not value progress!

Probably because the humanities is the sick man of Academia.

>Why did people lose respect for art and for humanities?

Because they stopped addressing the topic of God in a productive manner.

This, unironically. Whe humanities became secular they became a joke.

How does one addresses god in a productive manner?

heh

explain him in a way that is acceptable and understandable for other?

Autism is on the rise.

Wannabe STEM kiddies are hilarious.

muh scientism

fucking kek. you can't engineer your way out of all transportation and manufacturing being totally reliant on petroleum dipshit

In my experience because a lot of arts and humanities people have a houlier than thou attitude

>In my experience because a lot of arts and humanities people have a houlier than thou attitude
That would be STEM 'people'. Well, the ones who keep bashing on humanities, at least.

Why is education the most important and the least popular humanistic area?

Because of what people get out of it. You're on a computer/phone and that serves as a pretty obvious physical benefit,that science has given you, while it is significantly harder to judge the benefits given by the humanities. Same thing happened with medicine, in the medieval ages doctors in Europe tended not to be as highly valued by society, whereas now as they produce better results, they are considered more valuable by society. TLDR: People value the thing that gives them the obvious goodies

the problem with this person is the same of the Soviet Union. Humans aren't ants. Man shall not live on bread alone.
Castro´s Cuba does a pretty good job at keeping its populating fed, healthy and educated, I wouldnt want to live there.

This sentiment is rife in academia too. Its usually the unscientifically minded who perpetrate this belief. You know, they wanna science, but can't actually, so the best they can do if create a fan club around it while the actual scientists enjoy a great deal of art, lit, etc in their leisure. Its not unlike the dynamics of systematic religion.

I mean, everyone likes to shit on the 'other'. You have autists like this who think getting rid of half of human thought would be a great idea, then you have people like anarcho-primitivists who think that dumping the world economy and all human comforts would be great because "modern society made me depressed." You also have people who think that STEMfags and all other non-academics only exist to serve as worker ant taxpayers so that the government can give subsidize their symposiums on feminist literary criticism, the only possible fulfilling vocation.

desu all views like this are wrong and anyone who holds one of these views should just kill themselves.

Because arts doesn't focus on beauty anymore, but being an attention whore instead.

post-modern art/humanities is shit for the most part, but that doesn't mean art/humanities is in general. Ultimately, on a human level, what else is there other than expression in whatever form?
Most of the people who hold the beliefs in that pic are just edgy kids/mindless people who've yet to experience life.
There's just as many retards in STEM as there are in the humanities btw.