What historical event would make a GOAT movie?

What historical event would make a GOAT movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eH8FvaLoGeY
magazine.atavist.com/a-thousand-pounds-of-dynamite
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The 2016 US Presidential elections

True

Gallipoli

He's here

The third Crusade, from the eyes of a grunt on the ground and commander realising the significance of Constantinople's sacking.

Constantinople was sacked in the Fourth Crusade you fucking dunce.

Shite, course it is. Playing CK2 while I post so third is in my mind. RIP.

literally anything at this point since historical epic craze of the early 2000s died off and capeshit replaced it

Fall of Constantinople

The life, aspirations of a Japanese boy during WWII. She his growing up, what he aspires to be when he grows older, his love interest.

And then TORA! TORA! TORA!

Really any movie which properly shows the bond enemy grunt soldiers who are just following orders have for each other.

Soviets losing Afghanistan

Iranian Embassy Siege

The life and death of those two princes who were left to die hidden in a staircase.

Mexican-American War

Castro's rise to power

There's already one although MC is a grill

youtube.com/watch?v=eH8FvaLoGeY

>since historical epic craze of the early 2000s
was that a thing?

Swedish siege of Brno

yes

>Gladiator
>Master and Commander
>Troy
>Alexander
>Kingdom of Heaven
>The Last Samurai
>Downfall

Trafalgar

Great siege of Malta
Hannibal Barca's military campaigns
First Crusade
Battle at Tours

Surely you don't think 7 movies is a 'craze'? A craze would be the current super-hero movie craze Hollywood is having.

The life and conquests of Robert Guiscard

Michael the Brave would also be a great subject for a film. I heard there's already a Romanian film on him. Don't know if it's good or not

Never going to happen but a HBO series on the diadochi wars would be amazing.

>What historical event would make a GOAT movie?

Something about the Band of Thebes.

>the most fearsome warriors of the time were a bunch of homosexual men in love with each other.

Perfect for the year of our lord 2k16.

Cortes in Mexico as a mini series. From his insubordination against orders to travel to Mexico to the fall of Tenochtitlan.

A historical fiction of Spanish Guerillas during the Peninsular War, culminating at the Battle of Salamanca.

Gustavus Adolphus

>Tours
That would be problematic in the current affairs right now. But that didn't stop the making of A Birth Of A Nation to exploit the BLM audience.

>Soviets losing Afghanistan
look up "9th Company"
it's pretty good film

Last sassanian-byzantine war with muslim conquest at the end

This. I needs to be a Coen Brothers movie.

magazine.atavist.com/a-thousand-pounds-of-dynamite

Loong read, but worth it.

The hyper war

The Anabasis of the 10,000 Greek Mercenaries.

Fall of Constantinople. In fact, I can't believe this hasn't already been done.

The hundred days, of course.

probably something that has to do with goats

Rhodesian Bush War

This would be GOLD***

Year of the Four Emperors miniseries

A miniseries starting right after Alexander's death, about Greek intrigue

A series about the rivalry between Brunhild and Fredegund, Merovingian intrigue, war between brothers and cousins.

I always wondered how insane it would to be in such a melee. Just to running off pure instinct and your bare hands or whatever was closest to you.

Did a lot of civil war battles devolve into mass hand-to-hand combat? Also is the opening melee in the movie Lincoln an accurate depiction? I know it was only a 30 sec scene but it was so raw and savage it left an impression on me.

yes. People tend to imagine the civil war as "boring" rows of men lining up and shooting muskets, but it was pure fucking gorey hell. Theres accounts of those tight packet pockets of men just blowing up into a gory mess after a canon hit them, or body parts like hands and heads and arms and legs just flying all over the place after 100+ men concentrated fire just on that one specific area.

I'd watch it

The German capture of Belgrade in WWII.
It was fucking hilarious.

this
The battle of the Urals would make a great scene.

Holy fuck I never knew how much I wanted this.

Yeah considering the experience of violent routine dismemberment of your comrades by almost seemingly random field artillery, I'm not surprised that they were so desensitized that they would just instinctually start beating each other to death with no mind for tactics or any kind of strategy past survival.

The Cultural Revolution.